Burson-Marsteller Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No support and very unprofessional
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2018
I worked in a small office in Pittsburgh, PA where the majority of the staff worked on the marketing side of the business. I have zero support staff and was told to to talk in client meetings. I was never comfortable at this office and received no support from my management team.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Hostile work environment, no management support, no work/life balance
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  BogotaJune 13, 2018
From the day I started to the day I left I learned so much! I had the chance to work with many different companies and learn from their business. The work environment is welcoming and motivating.
Worst company anywhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
This is a terrible workplace. The management are a-holes with their fancy title. They are incompetent, and no idea how to operate a company. Their business is shrinking, and losing revenue and staff on a monthly basis. There is no accountability among senior management. If you want a career, DO NOT work here. They just keep merging other similar WPP companies until it looks like it is making money on paper.
position unavailable
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
this position is no longer available to work in as BM has outsourced the finance department
as such, this review would not be beneficial,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Very good company
Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  chinaDecember 30, 2017
Overall great experience. Challenging but lots of guidance. Fast pace but team player received well recognition. Still maintaining great relationship with past coworkers.
Decent place to work
Business Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2017
I was a summer intern at Burson-Marsteller working as a Data Analyst for the Business Development team. I believe that the work done in this company in the space of analytics is not great. If you're looking to make a career in PR and communications, this might just be the place to be but the company is not very tech savvy.
Great pr firm
Executive Assistant/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2017
What a diverse group. Never the same day at the office. From client meetings to client events. Great place to work at if you are in the Public Relations firms. So many different areas to learn and grow in.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  230 Park Avenue SouthFebruary 28, 2017
good atmosphere and company morale. occasional office activities like a company happy hour. nothing to complain about. days can be long.
Great place for growth
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
Great place for growth, many mentors around to guide you throughout your time at this company. The benefits are really great, the work-life balance is a priority.
Pros
Free snacks, great culture
Cons
salary not competitive
The best of the teams i have work with
Technology Manager for Latin America (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 7, 2016
the company is confirmed for very professional staff at any level. it's been very motivating to pertain to this team of professionals and they gave the opportunities to keep growing in my career.
Great people, Unorganized Management
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2016
BM has some extremely motivated and talented people, but there isn't much job security. One down month in terms of hours and you may be out on the street.
Burson-Marsteller is a great company but Internal Culture Could use a Facelift!
Recruitment Manager, Western Region (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2016
It was a great experience. Overall good people. New York HR folks (managing director) were a bit overly aggressive. SF office had a few few snobby account folks.
Pros
Great clients, good benefits, good pay
Cons
Internal culture is a bit snotty and competitive. A little gossipy and primma dona-ism
Productive, fun, fast passed
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica CAOctober 13, 2015
Burson Marsteller is a fun and friendly environment to work in. Everyone is very productive in their work as well as social. I learned a lot from this company in regards to certain software, billing, invoicing and tracking budgets. When working the most enjoyable part of the day was our group breaks in the play room. It helped to have group breaks so everyone got to know each other and work together. The hardest parts of my days were sometimes trying to keep up with emails. Everyday I had something to do to learn from and keep me busy. The management of the department was a great leader and teacher.
Pros
busy, happy, pay
Cons
growth
A great company to work for with worldwide exposure
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at Burson-Marsteller for me includes checking emails, preparing briefing documents, making sure all correspondence is up to date and looking at the month ahead and seeing what meetings or events need to be further planned and responding to all client requests in a timely manner.
Loved It!
Client Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2015
My favorite job thus far. I learned so much. Team and clients were amazing. Wish I could return. There is a lot of bureaucracy, but every company has that. Salary is lower than competition.
Good Starting Point - But Little Possibility For Growth.
Financial Associate - Client Accounting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Good as a starting ground, but do not expect to advance professionally.
Highly efficient, professional
Translator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
I worked as an interpreter for foreign consultants. All staff was highly professional and educated, young staff
Pros
creative, free spirited
Cons
tight schedule
Fun place to work
Harold Burson Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Great environment to work in. Everyone is extremely hard working and smart. Several employees exceed my expectations and are definitely industry leaders.
Vice President, and Practice Director, Healthcare
Vice President & Practice Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2014
Developed award-winning PR and marketing communications programs. I was given an opportunity to be an entrepreneur within one of the largest worldwide Public Relations agencies.
Pros
The freedom to be entrepreneurial, with the back-up of an international agency.
Cons
During my time at Burson-Marsteller, the economy was challenging for new business development.
Good place to start out, but don't see it as a place to make a career
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2014
Burson is a great place to work at in the beginning of your career. They represent some of the world's most recognizable brands. You get to work with people across the country and sometimes in other countries.

Co-workers are usually pretty great -- all smart, talented and loyal. My biggest complaint would be with management -- they don't do a good job balancing what accounts employees would like to work on/where their talents lie. In addition, there isn't much training to help you learn more -- you are pretty much left to your own.
Pros
Taleneted, eager, friendly people
Cons
Management could be more in tune with employees.