burton+BURTON Employee Reviews

It’s okay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 4, 2019
It isn’t a place for people who want to start a life to be. If you have a kid, they do pay 75% of your day care, but work was slow and boring. There was no advancement either. I started off making $10, then went to $12 after 6 months. But there is someone here that has been working for 25 years and only has went up to $18. So really not a good paying job in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunch during busy season
Cons
Boring, slow
Family Owned
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAApril 24, 2013
Has some nice benefits, especially for employees with children. Locally, family owned. Hair salon on-site.
Pros
ok benefits, salon on-site
Cons
no raises for several years
The most miserable place I have ever worked with.
Title- Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAJanuary 13, 2013
I was the company's private hair stylist. The owner of this company, for whatever reason, did not care for me. She had a serious personal issue with me and was a very rude woman. I am not a disrespectful person and I am very easy to get along with, so it doesn't make sense to me as to why she didn't like me. She was actually very rude with me from the interview, but it was a better paying job than what I had before so I tried it out. I was there for 13 months and her reason for letting me go was "I did not clean the salon properly", which I did clean the salon to the best of my ability daily. I know that it was nothing I was doing wrong on a professional level at this company, because most of my clients from this company have followed me and continue to use my services to this day. I truly enjoyed my job while the owner was not in town, I loved my clients. They are all very easy to talk to and build a relationship with! But every day when the owner was in town, she would give me harsh comments on my work and would make me feel as if I was not good enough to do ANYONE'S hair, and I personally feel that I am extremely talented with hair. It isn't healthy to start off your day, 5 days out of the week, with someone implying to you that your work is not any good. So the hardest part of my job was dealing with my boss on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job, as unprofessional as it may sound, was being let go.
Pros
meeting several wonderful ladies, who i still work with to this day.
Cons
horrible owner, very cold-hearted woman.