Busa Wine & Spirits Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
2.0Job Security & Advancement
Terrible Management
Wine Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 9, 2018
The management at the store was terrible. Manager was abusive, unprofessional and had lost 3 wine managers under her in during the past 2 years. The GM of the company had to get involved in several circumstances including her violation of local laws.
stay away!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 8, 2017
overall terrible place to work. Upper management/ownership expect you to run a successful business while offering you no support. to them, you are expendable no matter what you bring to the table.
50+ years says it all
Beer Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Professionals who understand how this business works. My direct GM and chain GM are among the best in the business.They have showed dedication to the craft on this side of the system. Hardest part for me is knowing that some day I will have to give up my reigns and fork over my hard work to somebody new. Evolution some say, but easier said than done.
Pros
Seeing the fruits of my labor in the grasp of customers
Cons
Grapes, take up alot of space.
Busa Review
Assistant Retail Manager+Corporate Bookeeper (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 21, 2016
Great place to work! The owners keep it real and never look down on their employees. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Upbeat, Great Customer Interaction, Great Opportunity to learn inside operations
Cons
Opening Sundays, Having family members of ownership work at store level
Not somewhere i would recommend
Stock room worker/manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 31, 2015
dirty working conditions, no respect towards any workers. hours were unreasonable and also they would call me in on short notice becuase i was the youngest person working and they took advantage of that
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
No breaks were given to me
Horrible place!!!!!!
stock clerk (Former Employee) –  lexington massachusettsDecember 21, 2012
If you want to be treated like a piece of dirt,go ahead that is the perfect place for you.RUDE employees(mainly cashiers).No formal training what so ever.When I buy my Wine/Liquor and Beer,I go elsewhere!!!!!!!!!
Cons
rude employees
Calm Atmosphere and lots of fun!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 19, 2012
-I would total orders for the customers. Help them with making a selection of either beer, wine or spirits. Sometimes I would recommend a wine to go with food.
-I was able to try a variety of beers and wines enabling me to futher assist a customer.
-After working there for a while, I got to know my co-workers and we got along very well. I also got to know my customers.