Busch's Market

Busch's Market Employee Reviews

United States155 reviews

associatestoreflexibleschedulingcorporatefriendlyeasydepartment

workplace was so good

Working at Busch's had an outstanding Experienced. The work culture is excellent. I was working part-time, and I loved my work. The workplace in Busch's was perfect there. Every Employee of the Busch's helped each other. When a new employees joined, they treated them very well and helped them until they adjusted to their work. The Hardest Part of the job was sometimes facing grumpy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you helped the customers with their requirements and solved their problems as a cashier.

Promotes from within. Recognition for a job well done. Open door policy and practice. Great support and training available.

Strong family atmosphere. Busch's is very supportive of its employees and the community. I grew professionally by leaps and bounds while employed there.

Busch's Market insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fine at first but gets annoying quickly

When I first got there it was pretty chill and laid back, managers were nice and all but over time they started to get on you about small things and just overall not a great place to work at

Pros

Referral bonus

Cons

Short breaks, pay is very average

Not Bad, Room to Advance, Short staffed

Seemed like a decent place to come into. Manager was a decent guy. Tried to work with me when I had a family emergency, which can be rare. It seemed like they were hurting for workers though and by the end of a few shifts I would be expected to do more than the average $13/h stocking job. There was certainly room to advance if you wanted it. I left because they needed a closer and I could not make the hour work with my second job. Live and learn,

Used to be great. Currently torture.

We are severely understaffed and overworked. Many of us are doing the work of 2-3 people at a time. Some departments are running with only 2 employees! It may just be the current climate of the world, but Busch’s used to be a better place to work.

Typical corporate workplace

Very busy store, always understaffed (customers say - ppl just don’t want to work anymore, what they don’t understand is that the company typically understaffs on purpose). Your hours vary from week to week unless you tell them when you hire in you want a set schedule. So my advice to Anyone hiring in is to do that. They will hire you anyway. They go through so many ppl so quickly, they’ll hire just about anyone. Most ppl who work there are very nice, which is the one saving grace of working there. Confusing that there are certain ‘rules’ for some ppl, but not for others. Management can make your job soul crushing if they decide to, so probably best just to smile and nod at them and save your questions for other employees.

Pros

Usually free snacks in the break room, friendly co-workers

Cons

Always short staffed & very busy

September 13, 2021
Hello! Thank you for leaving a review of Busch's! We do appreciate that you share openly with everyone about your experience! For anyone else reading this review, we do assure you that no store is purposely understaffing their location.

Management poor

Upper management doesn’t care about its workers. You’ll ask them direct questions, nod tell you that they’ll get back to you and NEVER talk to you again.

Pros

Hours

Cons

It is what it is. Yes, you guessed it - terrible

Training in the deli is terrible. They will train you for a day and then let you figure everything else out on your own then proceed to yell at you daily most likely because of something nobody ever told you about. On top of that, no one ever tells you things you've done right - just things you've done wrong. Also the manager will often to forget to not schedule you the days you request off but thats a whole other issue. But overall the tasks you have to do are pretty easy, it is mostly just busy work.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

training, management, toxic environment

Not for the faint of heart. Low pay, thankless job.

Working here, my days are filled with angry customers, equipment that only works about a third of the time at best, and the looping muzak that consists of 35-40 songs at most and just continues playing over and over and over. All day. Every day. Apparently, nothing can be done about this broken radio station. It can't be switched to something different (it's been stuck for about a year or more), can't be turned off or even have the volume lowered. Sometimes the customers will joke about it, or even straight up complain. As if I had any control over it! I usually tell them they are lucky that they only have to be in here a little while doing their shopping, as opposed to a full 40-hour week. It's my fault for not being more employable, I was desperate for a job and this was the only place that would hire me at the time. So I just keep staying here. But if I'm being honest, this job is slowly killing me.

Pros

10% discount on anything that is not already on sale

Cons

A work culture that has completely normalized customers abusing employees

Moderately Satisfactory

The company has incredible management, they always do what they can to make your life easier. Advancement in the company is also conveniently easy as well. Unfortunately, they claim the pay is competitive but still provides an objectively low income for employees depending on their position. In addition, regular associates are usually unappreciative of the work management puts in for them.

Pros

Paid breaks, healthcare benefits, friendly staff, strong management

Cons

Pay

Fine place to work

It is a fine place to work, the people I worked with were in general nice and kind to me. Tuition reimbursement program was really nice when I was taking classes.

okay place

okay place, hours vary by week. pay is just above minimum wage. management not too bad. Could do better job treating employees with more respect......

Fun place to work, always busy

The company pays pretty well and benefits are great. Culture there is so so, lots of gossiping. Often times policies are at managers discretion and not fair an equal. They pick and choose who and when to follow policies and enforce. The days and shifts go by fast. Often times you're micromanaged and also they don't follow "do as i say, not as i do"

Pros

great benefit package, competitive pay

Cons

lack of equal enforcement of policies

Great benefits, great culture,

I really enjoy working for Busch's. They have a culture of treating the associates with respect. It shows in the benefits that are offered to associates, including free HMO health care, paid vacation and paid sick time, 401k match and many others. During the summer of 2020, ALL employees received two different store gift cards worth several hundreds of dollars, just to say thank you for working during the pandemic. I truly feel valued at Busch's and I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into showing me that I am valued. I used to work for a competitor that has a more "upscale" market image but we were not treated as if we were valued and important. I wish I would have discovered Busch's 15 years ago.

Pros

Benefits, culture, work environment, sense of community, team atmosphere

Cons

The pay for some new employees can be a little lower, but the starting wages are going up

Promises, promises

Come work for us and only work 45 hours a week they said. Truth was... I was scheduled work 21 days in a row and was never able to use any of my vacation time because they were chronically understaffed.

Pros

Nothing to list

Cons

Long hours, never being able to use vacation time, ALWAYS understaffed

November 23, 2020
Thank you for leaving the comment. We will review and pass along to the Canton store. Please let us know if you have any questions! Best of luck!

Nice food

Felt like I couldn't go any further I didn't really learn anything newManagement is okNot alot of diversity

This place values their employees but doesn't pay what it should

The job culture is good, however there wasn't a sense of feeling appreciated as much. The job is stressful at times especially during the holidays. I worked in the bakery and had responsibilities that had to be done at certain times. Some of those time limits were unrealistic.

Pros

Free lunches from time to time, gift cards given as hazard pay, and two ten minute breaks with half hour lunch for an 8 hour shift.

Cons

Not enough help, high turnover rate, unrealistic expectations.

October 26, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! We really appreciate it! If you ever decide to come back please let us know! Also, turnover at Busch's is close to 15% below average the turnover rate for retail in the state of Michigan. We trend towards the top 5% for retailers (turnover) with over 1,000 employees and under 5,000.

Busch's Fresh Food Market

Overall it was one of my favorite jobs. I liked that there was a wide variety of task to choose from. Only thing that management could do better with would be proper training

October 26, 2020
Thank you for he feedback! We will talk with our training team! Best of luck!

Look elsewhere

This job is good for kids and thats about it. They don't pay you anything and there is little to no advancement opportunities. Corporate overhead is suffocating. They are constantly micromanaging everything which results in a very toxic workplace.

Pros

Easy going scheduling

Cons

Poor pay and overbearing amount of corporate overhead

Great Coworkers

Deal with great guests and great coworkers. Extremely easy job. Not fast paced. Always someone around to answer your question. Pay could be better but it’s not terrible.

Feels like a second home

Working at Busch’s has been an amazing experience and I adore all of my coworkers. The management are organized, kind, and are extremely supportive. I only wish that the starting pay rate was higher than $10. I also wish that they had a recycling program, I think it’s very important for companies to be environmentally conscientious

Common questions about Busch's Market

Answered by current and former employees at Busch's Market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busch's Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight