BUSCH'S
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

BUSCH'S Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews

managerbadcustomerthingcoworkerspayemployeeenvironment

What is the best part of working at BUSCH'S?The benefits are really good and affordable.What is the most stressful part about working at BUSCH'S?There is no consistency to the pay scale and they don't keep up with inflation. Also, some positions are paid lower than they should for the amount of work expected. There is a lack of morale within the corporate environment, very little room to grow and the office environment is stale, dreary and stagnant.

a ton of work for the pay

upper management does not look out for it's hard working staff. their decision making doesn't account for the well being and work load of the staff they oversee. they allow bad employees to continue doing poor work and reprimand hard workers for not completing something once. if you want to feel appreciated this is not the place for you. the pay doesn't make the work and bad environment worth it

Pros

employee discount

Cons

bad vibes, under appreciation, over working

BUSCH'S insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

What is the best part of working at BUSCH'S?Flexibility, weekly pay, and laid back work environment. Store manager is a good guy very respectful. What is the most stressful part about working at BUSCH'S?Managers do not value each employee individually, and there is lots of favoritism towards certain employees, which in the work place creates drama. If the managers do not like you due to being more introverted you’ll feel left out, and alone. Half the battle working at the Ann Arbor Busch’s isn’t the retail environment it’s the bad management in the departments, and excessive favoritism creating issues.

What is the best part of working at BUSCH'S?Benefits you would get raises over time. What is the most stressful part about working at BUSCH'S?Not flexible and managers weren’t reliable What is the work environment and culture like at BUSCH'S?Fast paced at some parts

It's fine

It's a customer service job like any other. Outdated equipment, poor management, little room for growth. One of the only upsides to working here was the coworkers; having people to comiserate with helped me get through the day. Pay was low, it would have been unlivable if I hadn't been living with my parents at the time. They did occasionally provide free food in the break room so that was nice I suppose.

Busch's

Fairly good place to work. Good wages for the work. Benefits used to be much better (10) years or so before. Turnaround shifts in Produce were tough. Need to be punctual.

Pros

Pay, nice store atmosphere, premium pay for weekends.

Cons

Turnaround shifts, stict attendance policy.

Solid job, could be a lot better

Management on all levels needs improvement and a "checks" system. Compensation isn't livable for the area at all. The work is easy enough, but became stressful due to chronic understaffing and skeleton crews. I didn't hate the job, I'm just looking for better.

A lot of work for the money the pay.

Hard work gets you no where. Management only greases the squeaky wheel. Attendance is real bad from most employees, and your expected to pick up the slack. To much work for the pay.

Great first job.

Worked as a cashier for nearly a year during my senior year of high school. Very friendly coworkers and overall pleasant environment. Learned useful skills to fall back on and the importance of work ethic.

Decent place to work, slightly shorthanded

Overall, a good place to work. Management is flexible with scheduling, and you never bring work home, which is nice. You rarely if ever work over your scheduled times (unless you want to). Pay is better than it was when I started. Some departments run better than others, and managers are either great, or bad.

Pros

Lots of schedule flexibility, easy work

Cons

the team does not work well together at times, favoritism

Do not work here

Very toxic environment with the head manager being very toxic and has said a lot of negative things. Gossip spreads like fire here. The work is trash too.

Hectic all the time big turnover

Many people come and go management only cares about their bottom line and not really about the workers. Will call people on days they have not listed as an available day.

Learning opportunity

A great first job. Work culture was lacking in some ways. You work with a lot of young people and drama happens. Overall though it was a great first job experience.

Just Don’t

Low pay, managers don’t care about you and are very pushy. you will constantly be asked to do things you aren’t trained for/aren’t typically asked to do for your specific department.

Pros

All the employees suffer together

Cons

Cameras are always watching and you will be fired for the smallest slip-ups

Was great, no so much anymore

Corporate has become so disconnected from reality the past 2 years. Constant micro management, odd decisions, bad communication I could go on and on. It used to be great. Not so much anymore.

Pros

No Kroger or Walmart

Cons

Just about everything else

A place where you can put your best food forward

Busch’s is a great place to work overall. Lots of learning experiences and new opportunities if you’re open to them. Set high standards for your self and you will do well here.

Pros

Team member discount, Inclusive work culture, clear purpose of work.

Cons

Average industry pay

The management was horrible

Was told I am amazing we are doing great work had the results to show it. But would get these horrible emails about how bad we are and how unproductive my staff was and how lazy they are I couldn't take it anymore. Also the let go of someone who was sick and called in bc he was gonna working with food ugh....

Benefits

Cons

Management, upper management, work environment

Good for working in school

Was flexible with my class schedule, the tuition reimbursement program is nice as well. It was a fine place to work and really had no major issues with anything during my time there

Horrible place!

Would not recommend! I was a cashier for about two months before I quit to go back to college. The hours were horrible for someone who wanted to enjoy summer. The customers were rude and annoying. The management was lazy and inconsiderate. Will watch you stress trying to service 5 people with carts full of groceries, until you ask for help.

Cons

Promotion, and getting paid poorly.

I was told that because I was in a relationship with another employee that neither of us were allowed to advance in the company. We were going to get full time positions are two different Busch’s. They also don’t pay fairly, most of the full time position people at Tecumseh Buschs just stand around staring at the walls while the part times work their butts off.

Starter Job

Great starting job for those in school who need some flexibility in their schedule. Sometimes hours are inconsistent however and that can be hard to manage. Culture was very friendly and upbeat.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

No employee discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BUSCH'S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits