Busch Entertainment Corporation Culture reviews

Keland
Assistant Manager Busch Gardens Festhaus Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 15, 2018
A typical day, at Busch,was to assess the entire Festhaus. Prep and prepare food in a timely manner. Check all food hold times, and temperature. Delegate tasks as needed. Make sure team member schedule are put in, and order supplies as needed. As a manager I monitor and assist in any costumers service issue. I also monitor the money bags that are given to cashiers before and after there shifts ended .One of my favorite parts of the job was to train and providing good information to the team members, this is essential to there success. Review all reports of the daily operation. Overall, my job was to maintain and oversee that everyone was is following Busch Garden policies and procedures.

At Busch, the work culture is great. We had a lot of diversity, and young kids. For most of these kids this was there first job. So as a manager you have to know how to talk to them. Give them the respect that you would want someone to give you.

The hardest part of working for Busch is not spending time with my family. Don't get me wrong, I know what I sign up for. I know that the bulk of any business operation is the weekend. I don't mind because I 'm a provider. But it's hard sometime.

The most enjoyable part of working there is you get to meet knew people every year. Start up new friendships.
Day of working at Busch Gardens
Electronic Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2018
Hard working, very up beat had to adapt to the florida weather. Great people to work with. Team atompshere. Mangenement was very understanding and willing to help if needed.
Pros
Vaction time, Work Environment
Cons
no cons
Fun and motivational
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 25, 2018
Loved my team members and managers. Wish I could’ve stayed longer. I never thought I would love a job as much as I did at Busch Gardens! I learned a lot of communication skills along side some of the best people.
A place where anything can happen
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
Busch Gardens is a place where you can either have good employees that want to work or bad employees that don't even want to be there. Most of the workplace culture is very diverse and has a lot of upbeat people but, every so often the bad ones sneak into the mix.
Great asthetic
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 12, 2018
Some places in there are great to work at. Just depends on the country you work in and the manager. the aesthetic is great! I enjoyed the pace of working at the theme park!
Pros
Beautiful to look at
Cons
Hot long days
fun seasonal job
Guest relations/cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
a typical day in the hot sun
people want a discount for everything from food to tickets
management is very helpful
workplace culture well rounded
the hardest part of the job is standing in the sun outdoors
Pros
family discount tickets
Cons
short breaks
great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 3, 2018
Busch is a great place to have a first job. The atmossphere of the location is great. They pay well and also you get free tickets for working there. So its a good place
Alright Place
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2018
If you want a part time seasonal job, or even a more permanent position I would recommend this place. It's not always pleasant, but it's an overall nice place to work and see new things every day.
Pros
Fun and energetic environment.
Cons
Weather
i loved working at busch
Food Serve Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 9, 2018
I loved my supervisors. I loved my coworkers. They vibe and the environment there was good. It's just a friendly company. Discounts and benefits are great.
Pros
free pass into the park and free parking with your busch id
great hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  110 willamsburg rdJune 3, 2018
great hours ,outstanding interaction with customers ,also great mangenment ,flexible with hours,okay benefits great with the passes to enjoy the place you even after work

Want to know more about Busch Entertainment Corporation?

Ask a question
Good second job
Vending Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
Busch Gardens is great for a second job! There are limited hours, especially if it is in off-season. Everyone there is friendly, and the supervisors are open to assisting in any way they can whether it is schedule flexibility or work accommodations.
Pros
Great supervisors, friendly coworkers, fun enviroment
Cons
Few hours
BGW is a good place to learn and grow for electrical tradesmen!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 16, 2018
Typical day was fast paced- work/calls ranged from minor electrical issues to attraction shutdowns to event execution. Everyday was different. You worked on some cutting edge technologies and worked with different people.
The General Services/Design and Engineering Dept.management team was very knowledgeable and understanding.They took care of their people- like a family. They did so much with less every year and they continue to deliver.
Tons of paid time off that increased with years of service/paid sick time. Over time, like most companies, the costs for healthcare went up but that's not the department's fault.
Good work/life balance depending on the position you were in. Good safety/ work Culture. BGW is a park for families.
Everyone is on the same team, they look out for each other's safety and they all work to deliver a safe and quality guest experience.
I enjoyed/miss the people the most. Everyone brought their A-game and wanted to succeed. They are scrappy and innovative at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia. I wish them the best. If they aren't, they should be the model for the other parks to follow.
Like all jobs, it is what you make it. Everyday was an opportunity to make a positive impact for the team members and the guests.
Truly, no place like it on earth!
Pros
Team mentality/ safety and family focused, Technology, I was compensated well for what I did/what was expected of me.
Cons
Sad to leave.
Fun and fast paced work place
FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 2, 2018
I love working at Busch Gardens. You meet new people everyday. It's a very fast paced work place and no two days are alike. The company it's self really cares about their team members and their well being.
It is terrible.
Area Host (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 26, 2018
A typical day at work the park is somewhat empty, thus is fairly boring. Everything they taught me I already knew. Management has no idea what they are doing, scheduling is off, we are always understaffed, and they don't listen when we tell them something is wrong such as other employees stealing our supplies. There is no enjoyable part of this job. The hardest part is being willing to go to it.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612April 17, 2018
Great place to work at. You get great benefits that come with job, like being able to go whenever you have a day off. As well as free tickets for friends and family.
Busch garden
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 17, 2018
I learned a lot in Busch garden they teach me how to cook and serve the guest with a smile. The most enjoyable part of my job is the unity of the team members.
ambassord
Ambassador, Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
great people, i enjoyed working there, I will one day go back. i worked with customers and it wasa great time. my boss was a nice woman. it was easy to ge6 a job/.
Great oportunities
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 13, 2018
Great work place. Great opportunities to grow. The fact that youlearn a lot in just one day not just from the managers but from the team members as well. I would recommend this as a job to anyone.
Cultured and fun workplace with team centric environment
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 3, 2018
A typical day at Busch was a submersion in culture. There is a heritage you feel while walking around, from the guests who have been coming there for generations, to the themed countries and the authentic people who work within them. Company values drive passion, hard work, and proven success. My favorite part of the job was always the exposure to people of all ethnicities and backgrounds- it was a daily occurrence to meet guests from England and India all in the same hour. There were consistent challenges to overcome and a team of experienced workers to help you through. With the downfalls of weather exposure, long hours, little advancement incentives, and rare full time positions- the majority of the employees have been there for five plus years which speaks more to the culture of the company. The people who work here don’t do it for the money, they do it because they love working here.
Pros
Great environment and culture, friendships, learning, training programs
Cons
little advancement incentives, long hours
Great Work place
Controls Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 3, 2018
You get to meet people from all over the world. The atmosphere of the work place is always fun and the discounts are great. Great place to work and have fun.
Pros
Fun place to work, Team Atmosphere
Cons
Pay