Busch Entertainment Corporation Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and fast paced work place
FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 2, 2018
I love working at Busch Gardens. You meet new people everyday. It's a very fast paced work place and no two days are alike. The company it's self really cares about their team members and their well being.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612April 17, 2018
Great place to work at. You get great benefits that come with job, like being able to go whenever you have a day off. As well as free tickets for friends and family.
ambassord
Ambassador, Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
great people, i enjoyed working there, I will one day go back. i worked with customers and it wasa great time. my boss was a nice woman. it was easy to ge6 a job/.
Cultured and fun workplace with team centric environment
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 3, 2018
A typical day at Busch was a submersion in culture. There is a heritage you feel while walking around, from the guests who have been coming there for generations, to the themed countries and the authentic people who work within them. Company values drive passion, hard work, and proven success. My favorite part of the job was always the exposure to people of all ethnicities and backgrounds- it was a daily occurrence to meet guests from England and India all in the same hour. There were consistent challenges to overcome and a team of experienced workers to help you through. With the downfalls of weather exposure, long hours, little advancement incentives, and rare full time positions- the majority of the employees have been there for five plus years which speaks more to the culture of the company. The people who work here don’t do it for the money, they do it because they love working here.
Pros
Great environment and culture, friendships, learning, training programs
Cons
little advancement incentives, long hours
Great Work place
Controls Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 3, 2018
You get to meet people from all over the world. The atmosphere of the work place is always fun and the discounts are great. Great place to work and have fun.
Pros
Fun place to work, Team Atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Worked Howl O Scream
Actor in one of the Howl O' Scream haunted mazes (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 25, 2018
If you don't want to work late into the night, be constantly on your feet and loosing your voice, and having to deal with very drunk park guests, this job isn't for you. Bush Gardens is a lovely company over all, and is a great starting place for the job, but the culture of the seasonal job, as well as the exhausting hours and people that you had to deal with, didn't make it an enjoyable experience.
Can be slow or face-paced work with possibly very interesting days.
GAMES HOST (Current Employee) –  10165 N McKinley Dr. Tampa, FL 33612March 22, 2018
A typical day at work consists of trying to meet budget expectations by getting guests to play games.
I have learned how to deal with large crowds of people and work under pressure as well as multitask.
Management was previously uninvolved in my area of the park. However, they rectified this by creating a managerial position to head my area as well as connect with upper management.
The culture at the workplace is relaxed for the most part, however, that invites some employees to take advantage of the culture which would lead to less laid-back approach supervisors would have.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests that would be upset with the employees when the issue is out of our control. If there is ever an issue in our control, it is corrected or we accommodate the guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making their day, making sure they have fun as well as talking to them. Guests come from across the globe and it is a rare opportunity to be able to talk to such a diverse group of people that all have interesting stories to tell.
Facility Supervisor, Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 12, 2018
Everyone here has a great personality. They are very amicable and willing to help each other out. Overall it is one of the best team environments that I have ever been a part of.
Productive and fun environment, mainly helping the guests in the park.
Retail Photo Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 12, 2018
I would come in through the employee gate and it was instantly a place where it didn't even seem like a job. The management staff made the work environment where we were able to come up with creative ways to be able to give the guests the best quality products we could! The best part about my job was that there was never a same day at work, everyday was different.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Weather
Sales duties (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2018
Very fun atmosphere, awesome people, a wonderful place to work for those who have a lot of character and would like to go crazy working as a scary creature during Hall O Scream.
Pros
Discounts, fun atmosphere, time off
Cons
N/a
Great place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 19, 2018
Busch Gardens was a awesome first job for 3 seasons i got to give families a awesome experience while also having fun myself i highly recommend here for experience with people.
Fun and knowledge
Guest Arrival Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 3, 2018
Busch Gardens is a fun place for high school teens to work. It is a great way to learn the value of a job. It is also a great way to learn teamwork and work with people who share differences in values, culture, customs, life, etc.
Pros
work incentives
Cons
It can be fast paced
Fun and easy
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2018
I was an elf for Christmas town at Santa's house. For this job it involved a lot of acting and playing with incoming families. We also did team building exercises which help all of us grow as a team.
Pros
working with lots of people, meeting lots of new people, salary was great
Cons
costumes were very hot
Busch is fun but should pay more
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Busch Gardens is a very fun place to work, you meet some very amazing people. the environment is fun and interacting with guest in the park is amazing. but I feel that Busch should pay more for the amount of time you work and the different things you encounter during the day.
Pros
good food, fun people
Cons
Don't pay enough
Park Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Everything was productive. Everyday we had set guidelines certain thing we had to do to have everything run smoothly. We were trained very well and every employee worked to the best of their ability. It was very fun. You got to meet new people and converse.
Amusement Park- Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Super fun and happy place to work at, you meet many different people from around the world.Although I only worked there in the summer it was a job that I would go back to anyday because of the environment.
good for college students
Park Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2018
i really like working at busch gardens because i get to meet people for all around the world and learn about many different cultures. I like the flexibility of being able to go to school and work.
lots of hours back in the day
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 12, 2018
I mean you can make lots of money if you can get shifts food service is fun and you get to be in the park for free lots of fun people to work with but also not so fun as swell
A very rewarding and difficult job that is fun at the same time.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 5, 2018
Everyone that worked in the bakery was hard working and very dedicated to the job. Along we all had fun and helped each other in any way possible. With that being said we became a family from many different backgrounds.
Fun workplace
Park Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2018
i learn to help guest when they are lost or need assistance the hardest part is doing what you need to do in so little time but the most enjoyable part is greeting people
Pros
working with many different people
Cons
short breaks