Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Park Ambassador/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2017
I provided guest assistance in my assigned area of the park, to include general park information, ride information or any other assistance requested by the park’s guests. I conducted daily preparation of the park’s rides and assigned area, to include cleansing and set-up, ride preparation and safety checks.
Pros
Free admission to parks
Cons
Low pay
Culinary Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
Working at BG was a fun place to work and I will still be there if the salary was better. Working as a slave and only making $8 did not pay much of the bills that I had. The management were fair and the most enjoyable part were the people in the park. I met a lot of new people on a daily
Good first job
making sales, and assisting guests (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA 23185December 4, 2017
Busch is a good place to work for a first job. It pays well and the environment is friendly depending on who you work with. Employees are given a discount and free admission to the park.
Pros
Discounts, good management
Cons
Rude people sometimes, working long hours
Fun and well
Culinary Asst.Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLDecember 2, 2017
Working with this company was great fun learn so many things as being a leader. great leaders overall great place to have a lot of fun. Pleasing the guest was one of the best things to do
An ok job to start with
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 29, 2017
I don't believe this a job you would to start a career with, unless there is not many options for yourself. I did enjoy the working culture there, because you get to meet so many different people of different cultures, so that was a huge plus.
Employee park parties and you can bring a guest, plus free additional park tickets w/meal.
Culinary Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 23, 2017
Helping a mom with her food tray and a stroller and removing that look of desperation from her face is priceless.
It's a great first job for teenagers as well as a fun place for retirees.
Pros
Free meal cards for a job well done.
Its Okay :)
Photo Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 21, 2017
Its a great job for students in school or older people who need a job after retirement. You can quickly advance there and the discounts are great. You will always be around very nice and energetic staff and customers only a few days you may run into rude customers but overall its a very nice environment to work.
Active environment
Turnstiles (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2017
Its a very active and lively place to work with many guest as well as many employed performers. The management responds quickly to issues and is very helpful.
Fun, but hardwork
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
Great people to work with, very smart and talented. Fun attitude, some great leaders, well-funded and financially stable. You’ll actually be able to build tools that matter, and work with some really interesting technology.
great summer time job
Ride Operator/ warehouse material handler (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 11, 2017
this is a great place for anyone to work at looking for a part time job or as a first job they have a very relaxed atmosphere since the jobs are directed to keeping guest happy if you work hard you can get alot out of working here
i like working there
prep cook server and cleanup crew (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 9, 2017
i love working at Busch gardens i was welcomed with open arms i was well liked and i worked hard i got paid greatly and never had any problems from the staff or coworkers
Pros
food was great and working there was great
Cons
not full time
Stressful and no advancement
Food Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2017
No hours continually have new employees give all hours to seasonal employees and to the international students, rude guests all the time and inconsiderate to pregnant employees
Very productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday. I always have a smile on my face for myself, my supervisors, and the customers. I enjoy working for an environment with animals and being able to see some when I walk through the park.
Pros
Free drinks, acess to all the parks for free, free parking, discount with employee card
Cons
Short hours
Its a theme park
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 8, 2017
It's an amusement park. Not a job if you can't deal with hundreds of people a day. Have to be able to smile when getting cussed out. All day shifts and all types of weather
Amazing company to work for!
Department Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2017
I recommend this company to everyone. There are so many job opportunities and areas for advancement within the company. The only downfall was working every holiday, the parks are mostly open 365/7 so I did not see a holiday for 3 yrs. But the fun work environment amd changing seasons in the parks does help make up for that. Full benefits. Room for promotions.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Working holidays
ok place for high school graduates
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 4, 2017
Being able to meet new people everyday was the only good thing about this place. The hours are usually long and tiring. Situations are stressful and you are always micromanaged and if your not then someone is always watching you. People from other departments were always trying to get employees in trouble. The pay was horrible for the hours you worked. Got free tickets which was good.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
everything else
Needs to work on communications
Sr. Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 2, 2017
Busch Gardens is great. I really like the free tickets. I look forward every year just to get those benefits. Thed was no room for growth with this company. but it was great to work there.
Good
Great!
Ride Operator/Theater Host (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 31, 2017
This place will definitely give you hours if you want to work. I worked 12 hour days pretty much every day and the outcome was amazing. It was a great summer job. Would definitely recommend.
Fun place to work
park admissions (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2017
hired as full time temporary for the 2017 season ; got to meet guests from around the world and the USA ; it was interesting to get to talk to them about their different cultures and families .
Pros
Met guests from around the world and got to talk to them about their different cultures
Cons
Outside work, hot, standing all day in the elements of the day
Fun
Product Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2017
The atmosphere and interaction with guests is exciting and always new. However, there is only little opportunity for advancement and holidays are a must.