Business Management Associates Employee Reviews

Great Job site no communication or Process internal management issues.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2018
Busy typical day log in, calendar and travel documentation work.You are the onsite travel agent.
Learned a lot about travel for folks in this department and the nasty attitude of the mid level micromanagers.
Management always searching for your faults and what you don't understand to punish you. Company has their hands tied you are just a body filling a position.
Hardest part of the job is trying to learn the travel proces with people that were over worked and under paid for what they are going through and not anger someone with questions regarding the job. So many underling managers wanting to be incharge very nasty attitudes.
You are treated like a servant not a coworker.
The most enjoyable job part of the job was to talk to 2 great Directors that had their hands tied and my 4 coworkers in the department. Overall they can do better by being human.
Pros
Good coworkers that work as a team. BMA has a good logo.
Cons
Not mission driven or care for the people working for them.
Growing Firm w/ Well Known Owner
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 27, 2017
Due to confidential company and client information no more comments can be made.
Good place to work if you at client site, the HQ office people seem close.
Great place to work....good team
Staffing Specialist (Contractor) DoDEA (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22314June 28, 2017
I worked remotely for BMA and found the work experience to be rewarding working from home. The teams I worked with and on were exceptional. The company employees are very helpful and go over and beyond in providing assistance to employees.
Pros
Working from home; flexible hours
Contract Accounting Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 3, 2017
You had to jump into the deep end of the pool the minute you arrived. I was tasked with setting up a new chart of accounts for a private business. This was a very time sensitive project that I completed in just over 3 weeks.

I loved that it was a woman-owed business and that the staff were very intelligent.
Pros
Challenging endeavor that I completed before the deadline.
Cons
Lack of teamwork or support from any staff members
Company Treats You Like Family
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2016
BMA makes its employees' happiness a priority once you are hired. You are encouraged to call the corporate office if there are any questions or concerns; I've talked to Human Resources as late as 8 or 9 at night. BMA remembers your birthday, gives "on-the-spot" performance rewards, has employee events, and offers assistance during medical or family emergencies. When I'm between contracts BMA is the first company I call.
Pros
The company's treatment of its employees is better than most.
Cons
BMA can't always place you on a new project once your contract is over.
Don't work for LaJuanna Russell
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2016
Don't want to work for this company. They don't want to pay you your hard working overtime pay. They lie stating they didn't get paid so that they don't have to pay you. The owner is a joke!
Benefits
Cons
non payment
Official response from Business Management Associates
October 6, 2016

“BMA prides itself on maintaining contractual compliance, and part of that is educating our employees on federal contractor rules and regulations mandated by the Department of Labor. As all of our workforce are well aware, non-exempt, hourly employees enjoy regular overtime pay when the additional hours worked have been preapproved by the federal client. Salaried, professional, exempt employees and/or 1099 consultants are not paid overtime as federal laws stipulate.”

“BMA never provides, or promises, their employees overtime pay unless it has been preapproved by our federal customer.”

Business Management Associates wishes you the very best on your future work endeavors.

good experience
Senior Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  washington, dcFebruary 13, 2015
i didn't work for the company long but it was a good experience. They definitely believe in keeping the client happy. Friendly staff and my coworkers were great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Business Management Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about