Bustle Digital Group Employee Reviews

Erratic management and no opportunity for advancement
Entertainment Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
I've been there for three years and gotten consistently excellent verbal reviews, but never been given even a cost of living raise, although I've asked for one on three separate occasions. I've been strung along, undervalued, and spoken to with disrespect by multiple managers. The only positive is the flexibility.
it's complicated
Politics Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 1, 2019
while the chance to get high quality clips in SEO writing in the women's space is great, this content farm model is devastating for the journalism industry as a whole and highlights some hypocrisy in what should be a feminist media brand.
Pros
remote, flexible work, high visibility as a brand
Cons
exploitative model of part-time shift writing, SEO prioritized over quality of content, low pay and lack of transparency about payscale
Great work place
Sales Internship (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 26, 2018
Was only an intern, but had an amazing experience! If I got the chance, I would love to work with this company again. It is a great work environment with motivated and genuine employees.
Great publicity, staff, and experience!
Entertainment Writing Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 14, 2015
Would work for 12 hours every weekend, learned how to become SEO efficient, wrote 6-8 entertainment articles per weekend, worked under two different editors, communicated by the hour, pitched articles to each other, would send finished pieces their way to be edited and published on Bustle's entertainment section. Very enjoyable and very great learning experience that increased my writing speed, journalism experience, flexibility, and writing skills.
Great place to work for female writers!
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 3, 2017
Bustle is a fast paced environment but offers a lot of writing opportunities for its contributors. Work remotely and in collaboration with an editor and see fast turn around on your published, paid articles. I enjoyed writing for them.