Bustle Digital Group

Bustle Digital Group Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
A great place to work.
The company has gone through many changes, but it is still a fine company to work at. There is (usually) lots of flexibility if you need to work from home, or need to take time off, and the vacation policy is generous (so long as you use it). If you're just starting out, or looking for a place to grow and really dig in, BDG is a great place to do that.
I liked it for a part-time job.
It served the purpose I was looking for, which was a low-stress, part-time, work-from-home job. I don't know what the office culture is like as I was not a part of it. My editor was always very helpful.
Low pay, high expectations
Good exposure but low pay and high workload, ask for more money and talk to your coworkers and ask for transparency and advocate for yourself remember that you shouldn’t feel isolated
it's complicated
while the chance to get high quality clips in SEO writing in the women's space is great, this content farm model is devastating for the journalism industry as a whole and highlights some hypocrisy in what should be a feminist media brand.
Pros
remote, flexible work, high visibility as a brand
Cons
exploitative model of part-time shift writing, SEO prioritized over quality of content, low pay and lack of transparency about payscale
Great work place
Was only an intern, but had an amazing experience! If I got the chance, I would love to work with this company again. It is a great work environment with motivated and genuine employees.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great environment!
I loved working at Bustle. My experience as an intern allowed me exposure into a variety of departments, from public relations to editorial to video to branding, and I was offered a ton of mentorship from those I worked with. I felt very at home in my office. The only qualms I have with the company is their lack of support for interns after they've left.
Erratic management and no opportunity for advancement
I've been there for three years and gotten consistently excellent verbal reviews, but never been given even a cost of living raise, although I've asked for one on three separate occasions. I've been strung along, undervalued, and spoken to with disrespect by multiple managers. The only positive is the flexibility.
Great place to work for female writers!
Bustle is a fast paced environment but offers a lot of writing opportunities for its contributors. Work remotely and in collaboration with an editor and see fast turn around on your published, paid articles. I enjoyed writing for them.
Great publicity, staff, and experience!
Would work for 12 hours every weekend, learned how to become SEO efficient, wrote 6-8 entertainment articles per weekend, worked under two different editors, communicated by the hour, pitched articles to each other, would send finished pieces their way to be edited and published on Bustle's entertainment section. Very enjoyable and very great learning experience that increased my writing speed, journalism experience, flexibility, and writing skills.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bustle Digital Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Ratings from women
4.3
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Bustle Digital Group Reviews by Location