Busy Bees Nurseries

Busy Bees Nurseries Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

Great company to work for

Great company to work for Enjoyable place to work Supportive colleagues, always willing to help Good opportunities to progress

October 25, 2022
Thank you for your great feedback, we appreciate all the feedback that we receive. It is great to hear of your wonderful experience as part of the Busy Bees team. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Unorganised

Unorganised company to work for. Money orientated. More concerned about the look of nursery. Long working hours overtime rarely paid and short unpaid lunch breaks

Cons

Long hours, short breaks/if any-

Busy Bees Nurseries insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast paced and very supportive senior management team

I've worked for Busy Bees for almost 5 years, like all companies you have your ups and downs, however what's different with Busy Bees is they support you to come to a resolution. Particularly in my region I feel we are a family we care support and pick each other up, and this then allows management to do the same with there own teams. Excellent training opportunities and progress within in the company.

Pros

Competitive salary's, benefits scheme, supportive senior management team

November 28, 2022
Thank you for your review! We're delighted to hear you feel supported by your team and management, we have fantastic staff and take pride in them! Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Fun and caring!

Every day is different when working in a nursery but that just adds to the excitement of the job. Busy bees is a good company to work for and the people I work with at my nursery are all lovely and committed practitioners. Out of 3 nurseries i have worked in over my nursery nurse career busy bees definitely is the most rewarding company to work for.

Pros

salary, understanding, people

November 28, 2022
Thank you for your lovely review, we're delighted to hear of your fab experience with us. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours at Busy Bees!

I can’t speak for all Busy Bees..

I worked at Busy Bees Knaphill. The girls at the nursery were all lovely and worked together really well. I can’t say I had an issue with management either. My reason for leaving was constantly being underpaid each month (this happened to myself as well as multiple colleagues of mine). There were also FAR too many children in each room. It made it a very stressful environment to work in when I felt I was not able to give 100% to each child. Also childrens meals were poor - majority of the time there isn’t enough food to go round - this resulted in children having tiny portions and still feeling hungry after their lunch/tea. BB Knaphill had a lot of potential but sadly management are only worried about how much money they are making from new admissions, rather than improving conditions for the children who are currently in the setting.

Pros

Training opportunities

Cons

Long hours, undervalued

October 25, 2022
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all the feedback we receive. It is great to hear of your experience as part of the Busy Bees team as it's our amazing teams of dedicated and enthusiastic people who deliver our vision; to give children the best start in life. Please be assured that we ensure all of our centres provide meals that are of the right size for the children and follow our NHS accredited menus. We take our ratios very seriously so we would really appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further. Could you kindly reach out to us at nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com and provide further details. We can keep your details confidential. Many thanks.

Enjoyable and supportive place to work.

After leaving childcare in 2020 deflated and with know enthusiasm for the field anymore, a friend convinced me to return in 2021, I join the Busy Bees Plymouth team in November and now almost a year in I’m so happy that I did.At Busy Bees Plymouth I feel that I work hard and work long hours but my job satisfaction makes it worth while.We have a great team, a supportive manager, a brilliant freely accessible online training system, there’s is so much room and encouragement for professional growth, a above average rate of pay and I have never worked anywhere where the children and families needs are cared for so well.Having read some of the reviews on this sight it is clear to see that this setting has had its problems in the past however I am pleased and proud to say that the team we have now have worked hard to turn it around and bring the standers back up to the high expectations of the Busy Bees franchise.I look forward to my future with Busy Bees.

Pros

Supportive team, clear procedures and expectations and job security.

Cons

Long opening hours

October 25, 2022
Thank you for such wonderful feedback, we appreciate all the feedback that we receive. It is great to hear of your passion and enthusiasm for your role at Busy Bees. We can only achieve our aims through our amazing team of dedicated and enthusiastic people and we're delighted to hear of your great experience within the Busy Bees team. It is also great to hear of your experience of the learning and development opportunities as we are not only passionate about unleashing the potential of children, but also of everyone who works at Busy Bees. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Stressful environment at times

Not enough staff as staff leave as soon as they start. Staff members have no respect for other staff treating people unfairly and lots of favourism. Love working with the children but the work environment is not managed right.Lack of communication from management and disrespect.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours no work life balance

October 4, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. At Busy Bees our children are at the epicentre of what we do, and our aim is to give them the best start in life and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed being part of this. We're aware of the current recruitment struggles that the whole of the Early Years sector is experiencing, you will pleased to know the recruitment team is working closely with the centres to help support this as best they can. We would love to hear more about your experience, please email us at: nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com (all your details will remain anonymous) so we can action this appropriately.

Misleading and overworked staff

During the interview process I was told I’d be working with 3/4 years olds (I am a qualified teacher). I turn up on the day and I’m actually with 2 year olds without being told prior to arrival on my first day. I felt very daunted with this being my first “teaching” role as I did not train in this age range as explained in my interview. I gave it a go 3 weeks later and I’ve left as I was unhappy and so was everyone else because they are all overworked and tired. So all in all not good and leaving so early on is the best decision I’ve made.

Pros

1 week notice period during probation

Cons

Unpaid break, long hours, misleading

October 4, 2022
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all the feedback we receive. We're disappointed to hear about your experience and would love to hear more on this. Please email us with more information to nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com everything will be anonymous.

Feels like family

Working for Busy bees has been a positive experience overall. It has its ups and downs but that’s what makes your position more purposeful. I think your experience will always depend on your support system. This has been inconsistent for me but is currently feeling a little more stable. There is incredible growth within the company and you regularly see upper management faces.

Pros

Fast growth within your position. Inspiring area directors

Cons

Incredibly important job, not recognised for the hard work and dedication from society

September 14, 2022
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all the feedback we receive.At Busy Bees our vision is to give children the best start in life and we can only achieve this through our amazing team of dedicated and enthusiastic people. We are delighted to hear of your experience of our learning and development opportunities, as we pride ourselves on our career advancement opportunities and the ability for employees to create your own pathway.Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Fun and Supportive

I have worked for Busy Bees for 9 years and have enjoyed every minute. Obviously some days are more stressful than others but Busy Bees have an amazing support network and is like a family.

September 6, 2022
Thank you for your feedbackIt is great to hear you are enjoying your time at Busy Bees and feel supported by our amazing team of dedicated and enthusiastic people. Thank you for all your continued hard work and dedication.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Busy Bees Nurseries?

Fast paced, organised but stressful job

Loved this job for so long, but after a while something had to give. Childcare is a difficult service to work in with many rewarding moments, but not great if the long hours, busy schedule, ever-building problems and increasing responsibilities make it a stressful environment.

Pros

The team, children and families, Job security, Training, Good safeguarding, Professionalism, Well maintained sites

Cons

Long hours, Varying responsibilities, Lack of team work focused training, No mental health support, lifeworks is not easy to use, difficulties communicating with HR, Limited recognition for staff contribution, Cleaning being prioritised over ratios

October 4, 2022
Thank you for your feedback.It is great to hear of your enjoyment of your time at Busy Busy. We're aware of the current challenges that the whole of the Early Years sector is experiencing, you will pleased to know the recruitment team is working closely with the centres to help support this as best they can. We're launching some really exciting new projects and campaigns to help support this. Our salaries have recently been reviewed and they now better reflect the work our staff do. We would love to hear more about your experience, please email us at: nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com (all your details will remain anonymous) so we can action this appropriately.

Stressful

I do love my job, but it’s very stressful. I wish I could love it even more, but due to getting paid minimum wage and the amount of work you have to do, it’s not worth it. I’m also doing my level 3 early years qualification, paid by busy bees, but it’s just added more work and stress that isn’t even needed. The 30 minute break isn’t good either when working 10 hours a day.

Pros

Love the children side

Cons

Long hours, 30 minute lunch, minimum pay

October 4, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Busy Bees are always looking at ways to improve the work/life balance of it's employees, something that we believe to be very important and which we take very seriously. Our salaries have recently been reviewed and they now better reflect the work our staff do. We are delighted to hear you have started your training towards your level 3 qualification through Busy Bee's excellent training and development opportunities. As a company, we are continually making improvements to ensure all of our staff are well supported. We have many different things put in place to help our employees who are struggling, including; employee assistance programme, which can be used to anonymously speak up on any issues.Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication

productive and great management

Started at Reigate and its been fabulous. The manager is so supportive and very keen to make sure we have work/life balance in place.Such a fun nursery to work at with a supportive staff team.

September 6, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you are enjoying your time at Busy Bees and feel that you're work-life balance is supported, as we can only provide our children with the best start in life through through our amazing team of dedicated and enthusiastic employees. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Fun place and open to suggestions

Good working environment! GoodPeople to work with! Highly recommend to all who are looking for a new job placement. I had to move out due to distance from home. Otherwise, I would have stayed on!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Working two full Saturday from 7-2

Stressful and tiring work place

Good for young people to work their way up in the company, if you are career oriented, however you’ll need to fit in with the company and let things go over your head whilst working with young people, who may be lazy!!

October 4, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our employee learning and development at Busy Bees is a priority and supports employees with opportunities to gain further qualifications. We would love to hear more about your experience, please email us at: nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com (all your details will remain anonymous) so we can action this appropriately.

Pros and cons

Pros:Nice setting in a lovely area.MAINLY, a lot friendlier than other nurseries I have worked in. Generally, staff are down to earth, helpful and kind.Children were lovely.Cons:One staff member I found difficult and rude which is why I left. Made me feel uncomfortable and upset. Some think because they are older that they know best and talk down to other staff members.Too much paperworkToo many kids and not enough staffVery long hours, often staying on way past finish time.High staff turnover

September 6, 2022
Thank you for your feedback.We would love to hear more about your experience, please email us at: nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com (all your details will remain anonymous) so we can action this appropriately.

Good place of work

Enjoyed my time working at busy bees (Westick hall farm). Management were focused and always tried too accommodate staff. Staff always had correct training.

Pros

Lunch break, annual leave allowance, training, room for development

Cons

Long hours, busy environment

September 6, 2022
Thank you for your feedback.It is great to hear you enjoyed your time working for Busy Bees and felt supported you with your learning and development. Please be assured hours are agreed upon employment and signed off in the contract. We wish you the best with all of your future endeavours.

Clicky like a school playground

The staff are very clicky, if your face doesn’t fit, there is no way to advance your career. We we’re often ran out of ratio, making jobs harder to complete and job satisfaction null and void.

September 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our employee learning and development at Busy Bees is a priority and supports employees with opportunities to gain further qualifications. We take our ratios very seriously so we would really appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further. Could you kindly reach out to us at nurseryrecruitment@busybees.com and let us know which nursery this relates to. We can keep your details confidential. Many thanks.

Worst workplace ever

Ive worked in a variety of nurseries and child care professions and busy bees is by far the worst. Its in the top 5 most stressful places to work for according to employee surveys. Staff are gossipers and management have no idea what the word confidentiality means as they go spreading your private information around the nursery. Have no regard for mental health at all, only add to your stress and anxiety massively. Room managers take 2 hour long breaks instead of half an hour and leave you with all their children, which puts you out of ratio all the time.they Lie on accident forms to get them out of trouble. Pay is awful too, long hours and they’re always requiring overtime for free. Worst company ive ever worked for, leaving was the best thing ive ever done. Even spoke to workplace help professionals who said they couldn’t believe how ridiculous and horrible they are to work for. Avoid at all costs.

August 12, 2022

Amazing

I enjoy my job, I feel like I get supported while I’m doing my level three, it’s a lovley place to work. My child goes here and she loves coming, she has settled in so well.

July 8, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your job and have feel that Busy Bees supports your learning towards your level 3 qualification. It's great to hear your child enjoys her time at Busy Bees and is getting the best start at life. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Highly rewarding career

I thoroughly enjoy my role as centre director and I am very proud of my nursery and team. We work hard on a daily basis to give our children a safe and secure environment to learn and develop. Every day is different and watching the children thrive in our nursery is so rewarding!

July 8, 2022
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all of the feedback that we receive. We are delighted to hear that you are proud of yourself and your team. As Busy Bees strives to provide children with the best start in life, it is fantastic to hear you enjoy seeing the children thrive. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busy Bees Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits