Butler Community College Employee Reviews

Butler University
Cook/Sous chef (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed working at butler a lot of new people and lotta new faces people that I work with enjoy cooking from scratch love to make the Love seeing a smile on the kids face when they eat
Great Training
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJune 7, 2019
The college really prepared me for professional work! The work study that I did here was wonderful. My supervisors were very experienced and well educated.
Food Preparer/Cashier
Food Prep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSMay 29, 2019
I handled and prepared food for all students, Butler staff, and catering events we were in charge of at times 800+ people. I was the cashier a couple days a week which I really enjoyed because it gave me a chance to interact with the student and staff. I have always enjoyed customer service and feel I do well in this area. The hardest part of my job was when we could cater for anything over 500 people because if we were short staffed and we were at times it made it difficult to handle. However, we always got through it somehow and I just had to learn that you do what you can the best you can in those situations.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, Federal Holidays off
Cons
No benefits and not much room for advancement
College
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSApril 9, 2019
This was a college opportunity i don't know why I am having to fill this out. This was for education purposes, but was still technically a job opportunity
instructor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PAApril 5, 2019
my dream job, but no longer a dream- it is a reality
typical day - 5:15-7:35 pm
students are unique
excelllent management
excellent workplace culture
nothing is hard there
driving 30 minutes to get there and teaching for 2.5 hrs and helping the stuent acheive their goals
Pros
excellent support staff
Cons
Great experience and the supervisor was super great
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PA 16101March 23, 2019
My role was to help improve my colleagues that were struggling in various subject. It was an exciting time in my life knowing that I was helping not only in the academic aspect, but ful-filling them with words of encouragement. They did the same for me as well.
Pros
Supervisors were great!
Cons
Not enough hours
A slow paced style job with amazing people and a laidback management.
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSFebruary 23, 2019
It was a summer job to make some money as a high school student who had time. The job had flexible hours and would let you take vacation time whenever you needed. Made minimum wage, but also did minimum wage tasks which were easy. The jobs were slow and not really physically demanding, however, they required you to pay attention. Overall a great part-time job for high school student who travel a lot during the summer.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Maximum of 24 hours a week
Can be fun.
Admin. Assist. to the Assoc. Dean HEP Div. (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSFebruary 13, 2019
Short staffed, projects fall through the cracks. Lacking management. Expected to pick up extra work, but don't receive the extra pay. Will spend big bucks on a new security system, but won't increase workers pay.
n/a
Student Campus Safety Public Officer (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSFebruary 6, 2019
Butler Community College exists to develop responsible, involved lifelong learners and to contribute to the vitality of the communities it serves. Butler will be the Learning College of Choice for the Region, engaging students and other stakeholders in exceptional instructional programs and services that directly relate to their needs and prepare them for success.
Academically stimulating, working with and for intelligent people
staff, and faculty (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Typically, I would sit and go over homework with a person or two per hour, about 4 hours a day.

I learned a lot of material, mostly math and computer, that I didn't know before, and I learned how to work with other people on a one to one basis.

Management was first rate, always supportive and helpful, and going out of their way to improve the resources available and working conditions.

Hardest part of job was saying goodbye at the end of the semester, and not being able to live off of my earnings.

The most enjoyable thing was to know that you had helped someone understand and do something they could not understand or do without some help. Seeing them progress through the semester was fulfilling.
Great place to work! Especially if you are a self-starter!
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJanuary 24, 2019
I worked at the main desk with other associates for a couple weeks before I started my real position, which was manning a desk by myself. It continues to give me great opportunities to learn and approach situations in ways I didn't know before, enabling me to be a better support technician. Great work experience!
Enjoyable
Adjuct Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoy teaching. I got tired of being up in the air every semester as to whether or not I would get classes. Then they switched to modules and instead of being up in the air one time a semester I was up in the air three times a semester. If there were not enough students enrolled in the class the class was cancelled. It can be nerve wracking wondering if I will have a class to teach or not.
Very collaborative and community oriented
Student Activities Intern (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 6, 2019
I was an intern so I didn't really witness what it was like to be a full staff member, but as an intern I felt as though everyone was very collaborative and helpful. They didn't seem to care I was just an intern, they were willing to give me whatever tasks they needed help with and trusted me to carry out those tasks.
College Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Butler, PADecember 3, 2018
Being a tutor is rewarding because it not only provides the giver with a sense of accomplishment but also delivers another mind a helping hand in crafting their academic acumen.
Pros
Great to Help Others
Cons
Limited Number of Clientele
I came away from that experience feeling like no one had my back.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 9, 2018
I felt like no one "had my back" and had misunderstanding with someone in management. When I had said misunderstanding there was no advocate to discuss it with.
Pros
Met interesting people
Cons
No structure.
It’s ok but it was a low paid internship
Tech-E (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 7, 2018
I don’t have anything negative to say about this employer, they didn’t have great pay but it was an technical support internship so what can I say about it.
Automotive Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Eldorado KsOctober 12, 2018
Great place to work,friendly people great work environment,only left due to lack of student enrollment for my evening class, would go back again if position reopened
Pros
summer off holidays off
Loved it!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (work study) (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 11, 2018
I worked in the adult literacy department as a work study secretary. I loved the people and manager. We had little parties around the holidays. My manager and co workers even bought me a going away gift.
Pros
Nice manager, nice co workers, work with my schedule
Fun place to work
Tech (Current Employee) –  KSSeptember 26, 2018
Learned lots of new things on a regular basis. Atmosphere generally is relaxing and people treat others like real people. Can be a bit hectic at times, but those are usually limited to certain times of the year.
great job for students
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working there as a student. It helped a lot with work and school. They will work around your school schedule and understand that being a student can take a lot out of you