Butler Snow Employee Reviews

Love the people I work with
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 24, 2018
They expect you to go the extra mile, and if you're willing it'll be rewarding. Love the culture at the firm. For most part, people are very nice. Very professional and fast paced law firm.
Pros
Benefits, culture, HR rewards employees often
Cons
Late hours
Very professional
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MS 39157April 4, 2018
Butler Snow is a very good place to work. They provide you with all of the training and orientation needed to succeed in the position in which you are assigned.
Great place to work.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 31, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. The people work well with the staff. Management is good. I work approximately 8 hours a day, more if needed to prepare for trials. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with clients.
Pros
Thursday snacks
Cons
billables
Bow to the corporate world to ensure job security
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSDecember 9, 2017
If the head of HR does not like you, you're out of a job in a year max. If you are not in a position of seniority then no one will even know you exist unless you are willing to go the extra mile without the appreciation that is deserved.
Pros
A handful of nice people.
Cons
Dishonesty of management.
Lack of Consistent Management/Low Job Security
Microsoft Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2017
With offices all over the world, only employees that work in the original office are treated with respect and understanding. Other offices suffer from lack of communication, overburdened with chaotic protocols which change frequently, expectation to take on tasks that are not part of your job and lack of acknowledgment of accomplishments.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Lack of support for outside offices and their staffs
Firm very concerned about employee's overall work experience which is appreciated
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 10, 2017
Typical day included a lot of typing. I was introduced to real estate law and title insurance. Our office had relaxed atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of job was learning new areas of law. The hardest part of job was learning new areas of law and utilizing that knowledge to assist the attorneys to which I was assigned.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
I feel firm doesn't hire enough secretaries to handle all expected duties efficiently
Loved my job here
Legal Aide (Former Employee) –  ridgeland, msJune 12, 2017
The only reason I am no longer with them is I moved and it was to far to commute. Management was great and overall there were good benefits and training.
Not a place for me
Business Services Transactional Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2017
Employees who work are expected to do their work and the work of others. Rules change daily. They seem to favor the ones who don't do their jobs or have liquor in their purses over the ones that will work. No loyalty.
Fast paced workplace
Hospitality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 3, 2014
busy, fast paced workplace
most enjoyable part of my day is being able to interact with clients
Pros
Free meals, diverse work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butler Snow. Our community is ready to answer.