Butterball, LLC Employee Reviews

fast pace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 15, 2018
the department I worked in was fast pace but not enough help. We all got along and worked well together. The management was pretty good and tried to work with you the best they could. there is a lot to learn and you can move up in the company very fast if you chose to.
Pros
friendly people, good pay
Cons
short breaks, very long hours
Good Job
Evisceration (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCOctober 15, 2018
It's a great to work if you need to get on your feet at the moment. I would recommend this job to everyone if are willing to work. They pay is ok and they let you get overtime
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short breaks
Poor
Operator/ T.C (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 12, 2018
I personally wouldn’t go back, if you gave other options I strongly encourage you to go with a different job. The atmosphere is poor and no communication between employees and management.
Long hours and hard work with amazing people, pay, and benefits.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 9, 2018
Most days consisted of a long list of lab testes and calibrations of tools and scales. Constant overseeing of hand wash stations and proper PPOE use. The pulling and holding of food product based off size, weight, and temp. Checking and sampling of inbound transfers from other plants. Dealing with supervisors to oversee employees compliance with food safety standards.
Management is usually upbeat and positive.
Despite a large language barrier there is a general sense of unity and friendship within the company.
The hours are long and cold. With daily errors and breakdowns to overcome.
The pay is appropriate and the benefits are balanced. There is a definite sense of camaraderie and family among those who go the distance.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits, Longterm Opportunities
Cons
Long Hours, Cold, Wet and Repetitious. High Level of Workplace Danger
No career advancement
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOOctober 5, 2018
Worked there for nearly two years on 2nd shift and never had a direct supervisor for my department. Always needed to go to another department if I needed a supervisor and when i tried applying for my own department's supervisor position, I kept getting put off from being considered.
Cons
You'll come to realize they don't care about you.
just dont do it
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 4, 2018
typical day you get yelled at for not being fast enough. work over your hours because first shift didn't finish and they don't want to waste meat. operators not fully trained properly seen one have half his hand ripped off
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
Quality Assurance Technician ll (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO 80501October 3, 2018
met a lot of very interesting people who were a joy to work with. Miss everyone. Still keep in touch with some.
The hardest part of the job was seeing everyone go in different directions when the plant closed.
Pros
friendly people
Hated it
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Carthage moOctober 1, 2018
I hated working there 12 hours everyday ! Plus in some areas of production while the rest of the line got to leave when mainline was done my line had to stay and do other lines rework instead of them doing it !!
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch twice in a twelve hour day they say 30 minutes but its more like 20
Very productive and fun and great benefits
Packer/Critical Control point inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILSeptember 27, 2018
Great work environment. Excellent benefits good hours. Co workers always willing to help each other. Paid cartoons and holidays. Companies supplies all protective clothing and boots for each position.
Pros
Friendly, clean break rooms, bathrooms, and parking convient.
Cons
Mandatory Sundays
N/a
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 27, 2018
General labor packing and stocking and work for other lines, general utility as a some cleaning..and do other duties..as a safety. Program in orientation, and other opportunities to applied in for other jobs, other then Emergency care. They provide in case an a accident and illnesses..take a good care before Emergency arrived..
Pros
15 minutes 2 hours 1/2. before the end of the laboral duties..
Cons
On every lunch time for 30 minutes twice a day that is an hour for all day of 12 hours .
i was satisfied with butterball llc
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARSeptember 26, 2018
It was a decent employer, competitive pay for my area, i worked in shipping so i got plenty of hours. However, elsewhere in the plant that wasnt a guarantee.
Pros
decent benifits
Cons
its a factory, so alot of drama
I am.up for.any challenge i am ready to put my all and effort into work
Anything (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARSeptember 26, 2018
I am.a hard worker and easy to get along with and I understand construction and rules I am.up for.any challenge and ready to be a good worker a
I will follow all rules and guidlines to make it a safe work place and i will help out as much as I'm.needed
very productive
RTC (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCSeptember 24, 2018
it is hard work and very stressful short breaks. they rush you to get your assignments done. the point system. if you miss two or more days you get fired.
Pros
its a job
Cons
short breaks
Line work
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ARSeptember 21, 2018
It’s very cold, you have to work at fast-paced
In October and November you work 7 days a week and that’s there time to get truckers ready for thanksgiving
Pros
Free lunch in fresh once a week and free give away
Nice place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Good place to work just, doesn't pay enough ,, I would highly recommend, this job. Long hrs, constantly working , cold environment 30 degrees or below
hard work that makes you want to found better
Butterball (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCSeptember 18, 2018
understand butterball all together is a great job for any and everyone but, its also one of those jobs that you have to want to sooner or later found something better but a great job/motion
fair
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOSeptember 18, 2018
It was an okay job I loved it people were great got along well with others but the town was small not a lot of people. but overall things was fair an I enjoyed the work
Butterball
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCSeptember 17, 2018
I actually enjoy working at butterball it was a nice cool laid-back job and I got the job done. The only reason why I left was my car had got messed up but I have got that problem fixed already.
butterball was a great place
Assembly Worker/ Production (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILSeptember 16, 2018
its a great place to work there where some ups and downs but for the most part great benefits and nice hours plus overtime even sundays at some point .
It was ok.
Bacon Meat packer (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Job was fast paced, got your hours here and there. It was what a person made of the job. The management was ok but I noticed that job unlike others had favorites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butterball, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about