Butterball, LLC Employee Reviews

Maintenance technician
RTE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCMarch 22, 2019
Great place to work. Great people and fun productive workplace. The people who work here for the most part have a great sense of teamwork to get things accomplished.
Pros
All around great environment
Cons
IMT's work every weekend
I worked in live hang they should pay more than what they pay
live hang (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMarch 22, 2019
At first i thought the pay was worth it but its not they should be paying 15-17 a hour working in live hang other than that you lose wieght and you always on your feet
Experiencing
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  My olive ncMarch 22, 2019
It’s a job that u have to prepare yourself for everyday it’s a lot of hand work and cold or hot temperatures it requires hand stretches and hand waxing and other alternative to keep your muscles loose
rte
rte (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMarch 15, 2019
ready to eat was an easier department of the others that are there. not as stressful as other departments from what i was told. i didnt mind the work at all if i had reliable transportation to be able to get to and from work then i am sure i would have still been there working to this day.
ok place
Poultry Dressing Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ARMarch 13, 2019
i enjoyed the people i worked with.the manager scott was a manwhore and always chasing the females and not fair guy real jerk!lot other managers seemed nicer.
Fun work place
Gib stuffer (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARMarch 12, 2019
It’s a good job with great pay and great management. I loved working there. They offer great benefits and the people are all friendly. They throw little party’s once a month. It’s fast paced.
normal working time
Production Line (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MO 64836March 7, 2019
Clean, trim, slice, and section carcasses for future processing. Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing. Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat. Obtain and distribute specified meat or carcass. Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use. Produce hamburger meat and meat trimmings. Remove parts, such as skin, feathers, scales or bones, from carcass. Separate meats and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers. Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents. Prepare sausages, luncheon meats, hot dogs, and other fabricated meat products, using meat trimmings and hamburger meat. Slaughter live animals, using stunning devices and knives. Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
To cold for me
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMarch 7, 2019
To cold for me I had to cut turkey breast and weigh it then send it down the line so they could be washed and packed. Just to dang cold for me I didn't like it
Pros
Not sure
Cons
To cold
Terrible Environment
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOMarch 5, 2019
Don't recommend this employer to anyone, literally run the other way. Very unprofessional and their HR Dept is ran by temps. They do not offer any room for advancement.
Enjoyable and well paying place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NCMarch 5, 2019
This was a good job with good pay and exceptional benefits. During your shift you get two thirty minute breaks to rejuvenate and prepare for your return into production. Skills focused on teamwork and fabrication of product can be gained by working here. The management were friendly and reliable. It is hard to think of any part of the job that was difficult. The most enjoyable part would have to of been the experience.
Pros
Good Pay
N/a
Evisceration (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 26, 2019
My review on butter ball LLC is that they need to pay a little boy more in order for people to want to stay. We put up with way to much work and trying to please the supervisors.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOFebruary 20, 2019
I liked it there some. They do need to work on how the older employees treat new employees. I went home several days upset from the way i was treated.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 18, 2019
A day at work is good working here
i learn how to start machines and package materials
mangement is good here
work place is fun and easy to make friends
Typical Poultry Processing Factory
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARFebruary 18, 2019
The work environment was typical of a factory setting. The training period was perhaps more effective than usual. I was disappointed that I fell victim to domestic abuse and this caused me to lose employment, while I felt management should have been understanding to the situation.
Butter Ball
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 16, 2019
I had no problem with this company or complaint. My only problem was the distant from my house to company was to far. The people was nice treated me with respect.
Pros
everyone was friendly
Cons
Distant from home
It is sometimes good and sometimes bad.
Production Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 15, 2019
On a day to day basis, normally upon arriving to work is when my work is started. As a trainer I am to be on the floor when things get started. I work with new hires to show them the ropes to the business as far as how the area they will be placed in works. I have to report to my managers a number of times throughout my shift. The hardest part of my job is proper communication from upper management and the most enjoyable part is accomplishing the daily goal and knowing that I have helped the new workers learn what is expected of them .
kepy busy
fp department (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day at Butterball was always different. One day i would be in cut up. the next i would be in the spice room. Management was not the best in the world. Hardest part was the language mix up. best part was the co workers.
Pros
discount on butterball
Cons
short breaks
I was a grower for Yang Moua who was my father who owned and grew turkeys for ButterBall
Grower Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartman, ARJanuary 29, 2019
In my ten years of managing and operating 6 houses of growing turkeys for my parents and ButterBall, it gave me knowledge in the field of business and management. It also gave me skills that i had to teach myself to manage and operate a million dollar business. Such as, leadership, managing, operating at certain pace at time of needed, repair diesel equipments, auditing and inventory of farm equipments that is needed to operate the business. It also made me understand the worth or value of such business that it can have on the world.
Pros
Management and Operator
Cons
The odor of the facilities
Wonderful Time
Evisceration (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 29, 2019
Worked with a different variety of people throughout my time there. They all made it so much easier for me to do my job. I would recommend this to anybody that likes dealing with hands on things.
Pros
Management was patient with you while learning how to do thing
Cons
Work Boots hurt your feet
Productive with friendly people
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARJanuary 26, 2019
Good place to work, good money, lots of people, staff that work with you. Most of the people work as a team. Really liked the supervisors I had. And the people in my area
Pros
Close to home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butterball, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.