Butterball, LLC Employee Reviews

It's kewl all yr. No one wants to help anyone else. Union rep sucks. Benefits r good. Pay is good but the hours r to long, even if u don't have a life
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJuly 18, 2018
To much depending we're ur working at to keep up with EMI is two handful for one person. Saying that the EMI is like blending n a way and should be worth more $
Pros
It's kewl all yr round. Pays decent.
Cons
Long long days. Not enough help ever
A day at work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJuly 9, 2018
Morning Shift put on the proper PPE, then id get an assigned work area for the morning until the next transition. fast pace, orderly work environment, from time to time ill fill in the on another area in the line if they have to use the restroom
Poult Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 9, 2018
The hatchery I worked at, had to have the most unprofessional supervisors I've ever worked for. I felt unappreciated and disrespected constantly. Also, there is way too much favoritism amongst employees.
N/a
Evisceration (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJuly 3, 2018
It was okay. Long hours and very little time to sit down. Management is incompetent at times, but overall I would recommend putting the application in. I started off 13.00/hr
My coworkers are great and the job is not bad
Breeder (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 27, 2018
Some of my coworkers are now what I consider very close friends and the job itself is not hard but very physically demanding but thats the work i like
Pros
Good environment and people, can always smoke a cigarette whenever
Cons
Sometimes only lunch break for a break, extremely hot in the summer and bitterly cold in the winter, the hours i go in and get out is kind of rough
Work hard but they pay good
cut up (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 25, 2018
U gone work hard but they also pay good with all types of benefits but they also gone make sure there employee is good & gone make sure they health is good working there
Pros
Christmas & thanksgiving dinners
Cons
Hardly no days off
Worse place
Operator/ T.C (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 23, 2018
I would never recommend this job to anyone who has to support a family. They do not treat their employees fairly. You never know when you will have a day off so it makes it hard to spend time with family.
ButterBall LLC
RTE (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 22, 2018
butterball was 7 days a week and in the RTE department sometimes 10HRS a day/ If you don't want to have a social life you're focused on just working or have a family or etc. this is for you but if you don't like working every day all the time this isn't for you.
Pros
money
Cons
hours
good
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 20, 2018
it was a good and I learn a lot about turkeys how mine parts it was to a turkey I worked hard and would love to go back one day if given the opportunity too
Productive and fun
Thigh Debone (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 18, 2018
Working for Butter Ball was a great experience for me and very cold environment. Great pay just freezing cold. The benefits were alright and paid vacation time.
Rtc
RTC Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 12, 2018
Hours are good, overtime is better. Management is the worse. Workplace culture is about fun but competitive. Lunch is awesome. Most enjoyable part is leaving.
Factory work
NPIS Sorter (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARJune 11, 2018
At first it was a great place to work. I didnt mind getting up and going every day. Then management change and now they pick favorites. Allowing them to take off whenever they want. It's a huge joke now
Work for general labor from packing to stocking , other duties then work for other lines.
production company (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJune 10, 2018
That is a good company especialy. From safety. And secure , good environment , good places to work , good relevance working with co-workers and good comprensión with the leads and supervisors..other then has a very good and different position to work ...
Pros
Free lunch when we make more then the production require, and holydays ..
Cons
Regulars lunch from 30 minutes of break . That is an hour and one of 15 minutes of short break..
It’s a good place to work,the cold environment is what makes it hard to work there,the pay is good
Poultry Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ARJune 9, 2018
Butterball is a good place to work, Cold environment where I work and makes it hard for some people to work due to hand getting cold. Everyone works with clean equipment, safe equipment.
Pros
33 Minute breaks
Cons
Only require people to reach 5 points
Fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJune 8, 2018
Pay is awesome, hours great, benefits are very great and affordable. Had unlimited overtime that they use to provide. Very great bosses to work with and are always willing to help out.
Pros
No clocking in/out for lunch, they calculate that before you are paid.
Cons
N/a
Busy Work
Line Worker/ Mixer (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 2, 2018
Everything at Butterball is extremely simple to do, except that you do the same thing all day long, unless you opt to switch around, which itself doesn't offer much variation. If you work at a normal work pace you can get promoted/ a raise very quickly, though some coworkers may be a bit lazy and want you to slow down. Slow down just enough that you guys don't run out of work before your 8 hours, just not much if you'd like to get the raise.
Butterball
Trey pack (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMay 27, 2018
I liked working at butterball because it put food on the table and paid the bills for my children could have somewhere to stay. Overall i got to meet great people and learned about different cultures.
I did not like working there at all
Cropper (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARMay 18, 2018
I’m not gna lie I didn’t like butterball very much bc they don’t care about your or donal life at all! All they care about is gettin the turkeys processed and out the door
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Short breaks terrible hours
Physically and Mentally demanding but overall good place.
Eviseration(reprocessing) (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 17, 2018
I learn a lot from working at this production plant. I learn how processing of poultry start. From the hang of dead turkeys to the process of them going into chiller.
Great pay
Cut up associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMay 16, 2018
Really cold and quick paced. never really slows down. Really good pay , really depends on what department you go to .My supervisors and managers could use some work but overall okay job experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butterball, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.