buy buy BABY
65Average

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA18 reviews
My time at buy buy Baby has been a decently rewarding experience. The environment was usually slow paced during the week, and extremely busy starting up on Friday afternoons, fading down by Monday afternoon. Everyday you have the opportunity to learn something new from merchandise, procedures, and even customers. With that being said, you will always be on your feet, even if just standing around at the registers waiting for things to get moving. Customers and Coworkers were laid-back and easy to get along with. Pay isn't that great for those who need to provide for their family or have costly Northern VA living expenses! Considering that buy buy Baby is part of a MULTI-BILLION dollar conglomerate, the corporate/CEO spectrum could definitely work on methods to bridge the wage gap in certain areas.

Overall, I believe this would be a fulfilling position for students looking for experience to add on their resumes, those in between jobs, and those individuals that are seeking extra revenue to fund other personal endeavors.

Also, if you get the wonderful opportunity to work at the Dulles location, I strongly stress that you SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF. The managers are great individuals, but they will take advantage of you if you give them the grounds to. You don't need to feel obligated to do anything you don't have the energy or means to do.
Pros
working with customers, laid-back enviorment
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees, pay
I enjoy working at the Buy Buy Baby, staff is friendly, management team is respectable and very professional. I work in the gear department and that’s the best part of the store to me, I enjoy talking to my customers and educating them on products. It’s a real pleasure when you help a customer and they leave feeling happy and it’s feels even better when customers comes to the store and ask for you by name
Good for a first tome job. Training on site
Friendly team members, and flexible hours. You receive a employee discount ay buy buy baby as well as bed bath and beyond which is a huge perk!
Great place to learn customer Service
The associates are very friendly and willing to help

Great please to interact with customers

Nice management team
What I learned is that management here is poor. They expect you to do so much for with so little pay. One of the managers like to
micro- manage and like to talk down to people.The work environment is ok when dealing with certain managers.
Typical retail environment. The corporate culture is pretty decent, but they management has been with the company in many cases for several year's, which gives the entire place a very stale feeling. Co-workers are usually nice but most people aren't very well trained and those that know what they're doing are pretty rare. I would only recommend as a starter job and maybe as your 1st supervisor job but nothing more.
It has great people and and a good environment. I like the hours are good and so is the environment too.

Go according to my schedule as I have rotating shifts.

Always happy to be there.

Friendly people and deliver friendly service.

Flexible schedules.

Timely breaks.
I would recommend Buy Buy Baby to any person looking to get into the retail business and grow to their fullest potential
co- workers are great, job is not really bad . Just no advancement and raging poor management!!! they delegate work needs to those who they don't like while letting the other's do what they want. they have no real concerns for employee needs !
Pros
good people, good hours
Cons
management could be better trained!
A typical day at work is:
1. making sure I get there on time.

2. being productive and professional.

3.staying in compliance with rules and regulations.

4.always keep a positive attitude while working.
Pros
Being Proficient
Cons
Short Breaks
I worked 40 hours but it was easy work
My co workers were Great.
A typical day at work is usually a first time parenting couple that wants to know any and everything about the wants and must haves for a newborn , i gladly assist them and answer all questions.Ive learned that not everyone ask the same questions and that every item is absolutely different in numerous ways.my managers and co-workers have all helped and trained me to the best of their ability and the hardest part of the job in my opinion is leaving early because of me being part time. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the smiles on the peoples faces that i help, its a great feeling especially when they have such a memorable time and send you a referred friend.
Pros
the knowledge that im getting to learn for when i have my own kids.
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare
The worst place ever to work, they only care about the customers not the employees. The store is a constant revolving door somewon is always quiting or getting fired. The management doesnt care about your needs at all. The day I quit was the best feeling ever knowing i didnt have to come back . Please don't waste time applying.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
everything about the job
When I was hired, Buy Buy Baby had just been bought out by Bed Bath & Beyond (listed as one of the top 10 worst companies to work for). I was hopeful that they would keep their integrity, their value of employees, and the great pay that people deserve with the knowledge they have been trained with. It wasn't long before I realized it would all change. Hours got cut so there were never enough people to assist all the customers. And while you helped customers, you had better get all your stocking done in that day as well as clean the store as if it was a grand opening each night. I worked diligently, many weeks of 50-60 hours being put in and that was just to make a dent in my workload. I managed the most heavily freighted department in the store (basics) yet had the fewest employees. Instead, they held those positions for furniture and strollers, and all those extra employees in those departments stood around and did nothing most of the days. We were rarely offered help and it was expected to get the job done, no matter what. And when you did get it done, and it was spectacular and you were proud of yourself, never were you given a pat on the back. Instead you were told of what you could have done, should have done, tear it down and do it again. We all need to hear we're doing a good job sometimes! After being reprimanded, on paper and into my personal file, from not accomplishing my goals (while putting in 50-60 hours weeks) I knew it was time to go. Other department managers did nothing and they preyed on the few of us that were hard workers. It was unfair and I suggest not - more...
Pros
benefits, wonderful customer interraction, incredible detailed training
Cons
unattainable expectations, disregard for personal health and family life, unfair treatment of employees, lowest raises ($.05 was average), favoritism.
Helping customers was the #1 thing we did all day. Some department needed to be stock daily and other only onces a week.The more stock work you did the less you maded. Some employees just stood around waiting for customers to come in and they maded more money then the people that work hard all day stocking and helping customers. The Upper Management was VERY MEAN and acted like the world rovolved around them. Get over yourselfs, it just a retail jobs that anyone can do. They were alway trying to find a way to fire someone.
Pros
working with the customers.
Cons
corp/ store manager
I work in RTW with 1 other part time and a manager. We have free gift wrap with no one holding that position so they take the only 2 people in that department and make them go up all the time. Out of a 7 hour work day I can spend up to 4-5 hours at gift wrap, yet I am still expected to work out freight and recover the department. I know it is wrong when I am loaded with work and am called to gift wrap and walk by 3-4 people sitting around talking and I also know it is wrong when cooperate is there and I am told not to go. There is also a lot of favoritism from upper management who manage based on their personal feelings for you and not on the merit of your work. I have seen decent workers get fired just because management had an excuse and I have seen lazy people get away with things I have never seen employees get away with. There is a lot of focus on negativity and gossip from the management. We as employees catch private conversations and I have seen managment make their employees feel small and unworthy just because they have bad personal feelings towards them. I have liked the learning experience and the training classes we receive for product knowledge. I like the social skills you can develop if given the chance and I LOVE interacting with the babies and young children. I feel a certain kinship for most of my fellow employees that work hard because they endure the same hardships I and others do. The store has so much potential to become a great work enviroment but a lot of management changes or re training needs to be addressed.
Pros
co-workers, product knowledge, babies.
Cons
management, raises and the ability to move up, gossip, disregard for employees
Great starting pay based on experience. Can be a fun place to work at times. The company is driven on keeping their customers satisfied. Employees constantly take classes to keep up on their customer service skills and product knowledge. One down fall is there is no room for advancement and the company does not put in enough effort in treating their employees as if they were customers. WITH RESPECT!
Pros
employees work as a team
Cons
short breaks for long hours, only hire part time with no advancement