By Appointment Only Employee Reviews

Fast Paced-family feel
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 8, 2017
BAO has a great culture and an eye for talent. While it can be a fun work environment, only the strong will survive. Must be able to have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Pros
plenty of on going training and resources. Lots of recognition
Cons
advancement opportunity is bleak
Poor Management at all Levels
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85204October 3, 2017
Management was a joke. They change things all the time but then could never do the work they said they would do. Fairly inept at communication and somewhat lazy.
Great job
Market Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 19, 2017
I was on the PMG side. Left only because I was moving. Heavy focus on the team. Hard job but rewarding. If I was not moving to Florida, I would still be there.
Pros
Positive culture, Team environment
Cons
Pay level
great company
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 30, 2017
Loved this company if you can follow the training you will succeed. Great benefits and extensive training follow the training and success will come. You must work hard
Pros
great training
Stepping stone job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 11, 2017
Management plays favorites
Negative reviews on Glassdoor are accurate
Most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers
More gossip then work
Horrible place to work
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Too many to list
Run away
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Seems great at first then once they throw you in watch out. One wrong move, question, minute late placing a call you are fired! Micro manage, cubicle is your cell. Supervisors walk around and make sure you stay put!
Pros
Money at first
Cons
Poor work environment, knocks you down, terrible how they treat employees. Revolving door for sure!
Great Culture
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 16, 2016
I was lucky to have the opportunity to work for this company. It has a strong culture and a very fair employer for the support people. Always treated with fairly, respectfully and encouraged to try new jobs.

It is always nice to see the owners of the company walking around caring what is going on and chatting with many employees.

I was sad to see the department cut back to only one employee.
Pros
Ability to work in a caring and helpful culture, caring managers, many are team players, Pizza and salads were always fun.
Cons
401K not so much, I think they had a lot of eggs in one basket, and not a great pulse of what is going on.
Exciting place to work
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 15, 2016
Extremely helpful in allowing me to accomplish my goals along with assisting the team in whatever we need to succeed. Hours are flexible which allows me to game plan how I want, giving me freedom which is key for results.
N/a
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 27, 2016
twenty words minimum. Give us your opinion about a typical work day, what you learned, management, your co-workers, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job.
Sad place to work!
Account Mapper (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 9, 2016
In hind sight, I should have seen more of what "made" BAO but I certainly got a head full of information in a very short time. Not a single person that I encountered during my positive interview process had a recognizable demeanor after I started.
Unless you are basically naturally ruthless, prone to dishonesty - if it gets the job done, love conflicting directions from competing supervisors and feeling like a non-descript cog in someone's money machine, you should run! This place is a soul sucking penthouse cold call factory.
This is a place where you can get positive feedback on week 4, be subjected to a "we are making a big investment in you" meeting on week 5 and be packing your desk in front of 200 people on week six with little meaningful explanation. Maybe there is an extra critical eye on your potential right before the benefits kick in?
Oh, and if you are asked to "sever ties", when your supervisor asks you if he can help you to your car, it is to be sure that he can retrieve your door key. Hmmm, I sense that he had some serious practice and seeing folks out.
Some of the people there are really nice but not anyone who has worked there for very long. I sense you have to get on that Kool-Aid pretty quick to make the cut.
If you need some money, dress well, say what they want to hear and get that position at BAO. Then, collect a few paychecks to buy you the time to find something you won't have to regret later, either because of the humiliation of being asked to leave or because sadly, you actually work there!
Pros
It was short
Cons
I wasted my time.
Fun, fast paced sales environement
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 1, 2016
BAO provided a great platform for a sales career, broadening my areas of knowledge within the technology fields, and elevating my career overall.
Different Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 3, 2015
Made multiple calls to VP officials at large companies such as IBM, and Oracle to gain sales meetings. An ever changing management team became tough at times.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Long Hours/Compensation
B2B Cold Calling
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 28, 2015
Fun place to work as part of the sales team. Very good place to work to learn sales techniques and receive very good compensation.
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 12, 2015
My co-workers were always nice and fun to be around. I enjoyed the environment they provided on a daily basis. I enjoyed the huge possibilities of bonuses each month.
The dept. Of labor should shut down bao
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 23, 2015
To begin with, I've held previous sales positions elsewhere and have been extremely successful. My wife who is an attorney and the breadwinner in our family, recently took on a new position at a law firm in the Boston area and our family relocated from another part of the country.

That said, I found no success at BAO whatsoever despite following everything they said to do in training and despite having other sales jobs in the past which involved cold calling. Most people arrive in training bright eyed and bushy tailed all the while ranting and raving about how wonderful the BAO family is. If you can call BAO a family, it is the most dysfunctional one ever. Management tells you that negative reviews about the company are limited to a few disgruntled employees and suggest that they be ignored.

Prospect lists are distributed to those who tell management how wonderful the company is. In other words, you must tell lies in order to survive as a salesperson at BAO. All others receive garbage lists that have been picked over multiple times and have very few solid leads. Employee turnover and employee dissatisfaction are rampant at this company. They hire anyone off the street and believe me, some of the people who work at BAO look as if they live in the streets.

Positive reviews that you read about BAO are from management and a few employees who drink the kool aid and are fed the best leads.

Even if you are a recent college grad or new to the work place, do not work at BAO.
Pros
I got fired: the biggest relief I've ever felt. It can only get better from here on in.
Cons
I got hired: wish I never found this company
Great place to learn
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 7, 2015
Good company to work for. They are flexible and will work with your family needs. I would recommend this job to anyone. Tough job but it is well worth it.
Lead generation 101
Lead Generation (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 29, 2014
This is a place to learn lead generation at a high level. You make over 150 calls a day. The job was good but the compensation could use some work.
Revolving Door
Customer Service/admin (Current Employee) –  01810November 27, 2014
This company has a nice atmosphere and most of the people are nice including the CEO and Owner.

The turn around time for this place is so frequent. The interview process is a complete nightmare and I am shocked people that schedule interviews don't walk out. The recruiters are always 20-30 minutes behind on EVERY interview.

They micromanage and expect your desk to be a jail cell.
Pros
Nice people, decent hours and ok pay.
Cons
time management, micromanaging, don't like change
Click away from this company as fast as your fingers will allow...
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 2, 2014
I spent over two years at this mental nightmare, sweat shop and rue the day I made the mistake of speaking with the recruiter. The message seems sound but the machine is broken and the chain of command is in denial and ruthlessly cut throat, even to each other. You will be lied to and coerced from the moment you get there. They will suck every bit of self respect and motivation you have out and spit your confused carcass out onto the pavement. Take it from me, this is not just some vengeful, talentless nay sayer who refuses to admit his/her shortcomings. This company is NOT a career, is NOT a positive place to rebound and is NOT a place that will do anything but waste the valuable time you have left on this earth. Do not believe the lies and move on quickly. This is a cleverly disguised snake den.
Pros
A day here can only last until 6pm
Cons
There is not enough space to adequately represent the Cons unfortunately
Run, run, run!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 3, 2014
This is a great company for the very few who make it more than a year. But very few will ever make it that long, the turnover at this company is unbelievable. Honestly, the 1 year turnover rate is at least 70-80% and I'm not exaggerating.

And don't get sick, you'll be fired! We always hear that AZ is a right to work state, but this place gives "right to work" a whole new meaning.

The place seems so positive, but after you work there you learn that the positive atmosphere is even fake... you will be threatened or fired if you show or say anything that is not positive. Even if what you say is true.

You're better off scrubbing toilets than working at this company. Run, don't walk to any other job out there!
Pros
Great hours and wonderful co-workers
Cons
Everything else about this company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at By Appointment Only. Our community is ready to answer.

By Appointment Only Reviews by Location