By Light Professional IT Services Employee Reviews

Typical Federal Government Contractor
IT Site Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
Maybe I'm been harsh here, but By Light was not what I would call a good experience. I was hired because of my background in IT and on my first day I had to hit the ground running without a good explanation (no explanation at all really) as to what was expected of me and how I was to present it to the customer. Many thing could have been done differently, but the PM was more inclined to get his cut of the contract than to prepare his people for a successful provision of our services.
IT services
IT Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  Togus, MEDecember 28, 2017
I only worked 2 weeks as a contractor for them. It was satisfying. Not a whole lot to say based on 2 weeks.
I was there with another contractor and a supervisor
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Excellent Job
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 7, 2017
Great company to work for. People are professional, management are nice people to work for. Company provides many opportunities to work in a fast paced environment.
Good Start
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 3, 2017
Company with a lot of potential to do some incredible things; needs to have people (leadership) in place to articulate the vision within the various internal organizations.
Pros
Relaxed work envirionment
Cons
Leadership
Remote working environment
Configuration Manager/Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 26, 2017
Our team worked remotely, which provided the flexibility to meet online as needed. The team was geographically distributed. We worked on a contracted project, and when the contract was not renewed the transition to other By Light projects was not offered.
Honest and Reliable
Lead Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 24, 2017
It could be stressful but the compensation was good. Working on government contracts could be hard to manage but By Light tries to place you on other contracts and often has a good relationship with the customer.
By Light is a good company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 3, 2017
By Light is a good company, but in my particular circumstances it is very hard to work here. Personality differences were apparent. It's extremely important to work in a non-hostile environment.
If you like to travel this company is for you'
Network Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Conus/OconusMay 24, 2017
Excellent company to work for, mature management team, co workers are skilled, and most are willing to assist other's.

One of the very best companies I ever worked for!!
Pros
decent wages, benefits offered, veteran operated, opportunties to learn as you work in the field
Cons
lot's of travel
A review of By Light
IT Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORFebruary 16, 2017
As a contractor, it's pretty much "at will", as long as there's a job, everything is fine. But the management is legit otherwise. Benefits kick in right away, so that's cool.
Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 20, 2017
Good working environment, pleasant staff, would recommend except for the job security issues due to contract work.Once a contract end and if no other work you are laid off.
Fast past, high expectations, lots of travel
Site Manager - Various locations (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PANovember 12, 2015
My job is Site Manager at various Veterans Administration Medical Centers for the installation and turn up of WiFi and RTLS (Real Time Locating System). I also help support another contract with the VA: Installing and testing emergency HF radio systems.

I travel over 9 months of the year and it is a great experience. I really enjoy what I'm doing for the Vets and the company is great.

My hope is something with less travel and more technical with this company comes along.
Pros
Work independently of direct supervision and great work culture
Cons
Extensive travel
Good
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 8, 2015
Still in OIC so there are a lot of decisions that have not been finalized yet with the contract. But the company has treated me well.
Highly organized and mission driven
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Great organization to work for! It has been a pleasure to work for By Light Professional IT Services.
Great experience at Minneapolis VA Hospital
Site Manager - Minneapolis VA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 27, 2014
I had a great time as a Site Manager - I had several bosses. I worked for By Light Professional IT - a vet owned company in Virginia - who was in a contract relationship with Hewlett Packard. HP is in a nationwide project for all of the VA's - they are implementing the equipment and applications necessary for RTLS.

RTLS is Remote Tracking Location System - it finds equipment as it moves through the hospital, will also at some point track patients and employees.

My job description was "keep everyone associated with this project happy."

I enjoyed it very much - a great group of people. And I enjoyed taking care of several different aspects of the project. Taking care of customers, internal and external, is my best asset, I believe.
Pros
Great people, interesting project, never boring
Cons
It ended too fast.....
Growing company
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 31, 2013
Small business, growing quickly in the IT government contract world.
Pros
Future growth
Excellent Small IT Business
Sr. Network Engineer/IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFBDecember 6, 2012
Great senior level management. Some coworkes can be a handful, but that's to be expected at times. I learned how to be a good manager and leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at By Light Professional IT Services. Our community is ready to answer.

By Light Professional IT Services Reviews by Location