C&W Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
C&W Services selected this as a representative review
Productive place to work for
HVAC MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMFebruary 18, 2019
Great co- workers and management. l learned how to work as a team. Worked with different types of machinery therefore acquired more experience and knowledge in my field.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of overtime.
Great Company Great Benefits Good People
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 15, 2019
Great Company Great Benefits Good People
I worked here for over 4 years and I enjoyed my time with this company. Unfortunately, they did not retain the contract when it was up for bid again and now I am still working at the same site, but for a different employer. The hand off from one company to another was seamless, and very respectful and professional. I would gladly work for them again. The only down side was upward momentum in job title; however, Pay and Benefits were great and the people were all honorable professionals.
Pros
Great Company, Great Benefits, Good People
Cons
Not a great place to grow up.. but still a great place to stay.
Great Team to work with - Poorly paid with no chance of raise
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 14, 2019
The team that I worked with was great. My supervisor was extremely nice and would work just as hard as one of us and she appreciated us every day. Where as the Management side of this company didn't care and paid us horribly and would tell you at the interview that you could advance quickly with chances of raises. There had been people there for 8 years with still not one cent of a raise. That was infuriating.
Not a good company to work for
Janitor/Hybrid cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2019
it manager for management she sucks very she's very favoritism the HR lady doesn't know anything but HR does not have no degree in HR and why they hire people like that therefore.
Very Fast Paced
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 12, 2019
- Management is very lacking
- Exceptionally quick paced
- Plenty of Paid Time Off
- Good 401k options
- Decent hourly pay
- Very good benefit options
Unfair working conditions
Office Service Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahMarch 11, 2019
Management does not care for its employees, we are just a number. The client site I work at treats the C & W staff extremely bad which creates a very hostile environment. I have reported this to my manager on multiple occasions just for nothing to be done about it. I have been yelled at by the clients in front of other staff and constantly get belittled. We are nothing but gophers who have to deal with such unfair treatment. I have never been treated so poorly with any job I have ever had. This is not a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Managment, over worked, under paid
Don’t Do It
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2019
Do Not go to NEBH in Boston, they have a chronic revolving door, Management backs to wring people and after decades of mismanagement the place is filled from floor to ceiling with trash.
The towers are failing, they fight about basic things like cleaning strainers.
The hospital on the other hand wants you to work 80 hrs a week covering call
Out shifts and then you get to install HVAC equipment on the weekends ,
The mid level techs have developed absolutely No skills or technical abialities besides screaming “
I Work for C and W My tool
Is my phone to call
In a Real Tech,
Your co workers will break into your locker to steal your tools, break what you just worked on . And then rat you out to Management..’
They have 3 shifts of rotating criminals there 24/7
Pros
I will never have to go back
February 22, 2019

We appreciate your feedback, and will refer your comments to the HR team responsible for your site. If you want to have a confidential conversation about your concerns, please email culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Under staffed making the job stressful. Not much help completing job.
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Reading, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I was the person they called for emergency. I was challenged to finish jobs quickly and properly to get the production equipment up and running. Some times was not given parts needed even when ordered ahead of time. poor time scheduling by management. Best part I was left alone to do my job. Total trust in my experience to complete all task given to me. The hardest part was getting along with in house maintenance. Required to take test according to FDA and DEA. rules. I learned to be multitasked.
Pros
Holiday parties, bonus for completing jobs on time.
Cons
Raises slow to come and minimal.
February 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, and for your contributions while you were part of our team. We're proud that C&W Services and our employees are often the "go-to" team for our clients. We have invested significantly in recent years in productivity programs to ensure scheduling and availability of parts make team members like you as autonomous and effective as possible. We appreciate your insights and will use them to continue to try to improve in this area. Best wishes to you.

Productive, challenging and rewarding
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2019
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on that the payroll is updated and all hours are accurate. If any discrepancies, I follow up with the supervisors to correct the error. I like to touch base with my team on a daily basis, especially during the weekend when most errors occur. I also try to keep all the company 's required training up dated. By the end of the week, I write a list of priorities that must be achieved the following week.
February 22, 2019

Thank you for your review, and for your insights into a day in the life at C&W Services. We often feature employees like you on our blog. If you'd like to participate, please reach out to us at culture@cwservices.com, so we can feature you in an article like this: https://cwservices.com/sarah/

Not a well organized company.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMFebruary 8, 2019
Management were never around when problems occurred. They would show up whenever they wanted. They hire people they know, without any certifications or licenses to work. Too much drama and tension in the air. I would not suggest working here.
February 22, 2019

Thank you for your insights. We'll pass them on to the team in Santa Teresa, and work with that team as part of our ongoing coaching of managers to help themselves and their teams live up to our Guiding Principles.

Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Never filled out an I9 form so they can say I never worked their. Was never paid for my work.. Coworkers were ok, just really disorganized all the way through.
February 22, 2019

Please reach out to us at culture@cwservices.com if you have an issue with employment or pay. Thank you.

Productive and good hard working people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 10, 2019
In the morning would come in restock bathrooms on one side of the building that had six floors and about thirteen bathrooms. After restocking would go and clean out recycle bins and right after about 9 o'clock would take a fifteen minute break and would go get breakfast. We were contracted by the Staples Headquarters and so they had a cafeteria with good food and well priced. After the break, would go and clean out a section of a staircase sweeping and taking out dust. Would clean out shipping elevator. Would do a walk through of the bathrooms and make sure everything is working and nothing is lacking. At 12' o'clock would take a half hour lunch break and after the break would go and restock the bathrooms again and clean them up take out trash. Would be done by 2:30 and then would go and do another walk through.
Pros
Great benefits: Health and dental insurance
Cons
Free times after somethings were done. Would have to find something to do
January 14, 2019

Thank you for giving your insights into a typical workday, and your feedback on being part of our team!

Sorry to say this company ain’t right
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 8, 2019
I mean it wasn’t enought money I can housekeep for 4 hours and make $200 in a day than a week, needless to say I enjoyed the people, they were great. Just love to be in ppl business. But I had to go too stressful with bills!!! If I went full time I would make only $300 because they snatch benefits they make you get and deduct a dollar from your $9 part time to $8 full time and will not let u get overtime. It’s sad.
Pros
Ain nun
Cons
A lot
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 28, 2018
A typical day , I start at 10;30 a night I did a walk through of my work area to see how dirty my area was , then clean if needed to . After that I started my daily routine , which required checking the offices and to make sure the classrooms were taken care of . It also required that at the end of my shift my job was done to the best of my ability .
Pros
I had the chance of working independently, they also gave me ideas to make the job easier for me .
Cons
The third shift was not a good fit for me I have other responsibilities that require me to rest, It was also taking up all my energy .
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear your experience was positive, and that your team supported you.

Good environment to work
MAINTENANCE PLANNER SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 26, 2018
Good environment to work, challenging a work environment, ertical integration drives a total quality experience
Collectively we provide a single point of accountability across all services
By self-performing, we eliminate inefficiency and cost by removing hand-offs
Good if you like to be away from home
Tech (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 22, 2018
I don't like it one bit cause hours are long and the jobs have no time day would not tell anyone to go work here cause mangers force you to work to you drop
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Hours suck
December 26, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We take your input seriously and would like to understand if there is something specific we can do to address your workload. If you would like to speak to a member of the HR team, please reach out to our private mailbox, culture@cwservices.com.

Not a place you want to work
Tech (Former Employee) –  White, GADecember 20, 2018
Because you are a “Contractor” in this plant you are treated pretty badly first off, then you do not receive much training on the equipment before you are out on a shift and then the Crew leaders start bashing you for asking questions about how to fix something! I can figure most things out I have been in the field about 4 years at the time as a electrician. Changing out a 24v prox is not really electrical and it is 90-100% “Mechanical” at this place. If you have to go under a press you stand in foot of water and hydraulic fluid and are expected to weld and diagnose issues with 0 help. The responses are very colorful if you do ask for help. Overall I would not recommend this job to anyone, even the engineers for the company are little to no help when trying to gather information about a problem. The PM crew wow, they do very little most times you find them in the back or upfront on break. Very few of them do much besides pencil whip the PMs. And when you ask managers their excuse “oh it’s a visual inspection”, my response, “so they are not suppose to fix something they see?” Basically the answer was No! But hey they give you 2 weeks vacation after 6 months lol.
Pros
I am sure there are some
Cons
Outway the pro’s for sure
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We take all input seriously and welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific concerns. You can begin a confidential conversation by reaching out to culture@cwservices.com with your contact information so that a member of our HR team can contact you directly. Regarding leadership support at the site where you worked, C&W Services has invested heavily in the past two years, expanding our staff by 30% including the addition of a Safety Manager. New hires go through 10 hours of OSHA and site-specific training, and our Technical Operations Manager works with our local management team to develop individual education plans for each team member as part of our ongoing safety and productivity efforts.

Ambiente de trabajo en union
Limpieza de casas y oficina (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 19, 2018
Bueno mi evaluacion es satisfactoria ya k todos los empleados trabajan en union
December 26, 2018

Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para comentar sobre su tiempo con el compañero.

Awful company to work for
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHDecember 19, 2018
If your home is being foreclosed on or if your kids are hungry, then come join us. If not, do yourself a favor and STAY FAR AWAY! Managers are quite self serving and do not have your back. You will be thrown under the bus at every opportunity. Your home life is expected to be put secondary. Your schedule will change with less than 24 hours notice on a regular basis. If you do travel do not expect to be reimbursed in a timely manor if at all. When you leave do not expect your vacation owed to you to be paid out. There is no in house HR rep. This is an issue as management believes HR only "muddies the waters". You will make more money hourly being an Amazon packer than the tech that actually is responsible for equipment. Its insanity, No paid lunch, No shift differential, all in all a very greedy, very dirty company. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
some coworkers
Cons
all else
Horrible Place to Work at Amazon SAT2
CST (Former Employee) –  SAT2December 18, 2018
Horrible Place to Work, like working in a Zoo, management is clueless and continually violate the safety protocols *************************************************
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 6, 2018
Like everywhere has up and downs but good company with laid back atmosphere but work still needs to get done correctly. Company provides all PPE with annual boot vouchers.
December 26, 2018

We're glad you enjoy the work atmosphere, and thank you for commenting on our commitment to a job well done and to safety!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&W Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight