C&J Energy Services Employee Reviews

It’s a job
Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 21, 2019
When I started it was a great place to work then lay offs cane offered transfers to some and not to others. They have job postings online when applied they deny you. All about management never about the hard working employees
Pros
Great crews
Cons
Horrible management and HR
neutral
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 15, 2019
You are gone a lot but you get perdiem and the pay for housing. You get on the job training. If you are on a rig you will get overtime. Only thing bad was some of the management are not motivated and i thought that was a problem.
Great company
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Good oilfield company to work for. Will be working long hours but your make a lot on money they will get your CDL if you work hard and show up to work on time.
Pros
They put you up in nice hotels
Cons
Working long hours
Productive, fast pace, opportunity for growth.
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Great place to develop and grow. C&J cares for their employees and promotes a safe work environment for all. If you are a hard worker and willing to learn and apply yourself, you will do well and succeed as opportunities arise.
Pros
Opportunity
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Roastabout (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Buen ambiente de trabajo buen salario y buenas prestaciones
Good but far away
Field Operator/Wireline (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 28, 2019
I live in Texas and worked in New Mexico so going back and forth and paying rent for 2 places is costly, especially in New Mexico. If I wasn't so costly to live there I would still work there.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
live in hotels
Run
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 23, 2019
The worst company to work for... HR run in circles, no degrees or certifications.
The Recruiting managers and director favorite saying "fake it until you make it".

The turn over they have speaks for itself...
Pros
Nice office building
Cons
everything... they need to fire all of HR and start over...
Poor Management, you are only a number.
Everything (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJanuary 19, 2019
This company is very poorly managed and does not care at all about their employees. If you get injured on the job they will try to fire you before they get hit with a recordable incident. The individuals at the corporate level are extremely shady.
Pros
Only pro is decent pay
Cons
Too many to list!
good work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 11, 2019
u work alot the pay is great especially when u get over time. your paychecks are awesome u make long time friends cause u will spend more time with them than your actual family.
Pros
good money
Cons
miss alot of family functions
No Off time
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79707December 12, 2018
You had expected to start a day at work sometimes 2 hours before arriving to your designated location. You went over your equipment to make sure all would in ready for working condition.
Pros
Extended family
Cons
Down Time

Want to know more about C&J Energy Services?

Ask a question
Overwork
Senior Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
Started out really great. Went downhill fast. Executive management cutting staff but adding vice presidents. They claim to value their employees, but do not allow time to train them.
Good place to work for
Operator (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXDecember 10, 2018
I couldn't work there anymore due to needing to be home with family everyday. I enjoyed working with the crew I was with and supervisor was awesome. They will train to better yourself.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Being away from home for few days at a time
A productive and focused work place with safety as a priority.
Frac Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 6, 2018
The Management's leadership is safety minded, friendly and focused on daily tasks. Confronting challenges as they occur and resolving them together as one team.
Frac Field Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 17, 2018
A typical day at work consisted in being at well site at 5:30 for a safety meeting no matter how far location was from you apt. this sometimes meant driving upward of 4 hours to and from location. Management is not to great.
C&J has become a disfunctional company. They laid off very important people who were an assett to save money. But in the long run it hurt the revenue
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 16, 2018
Productive job and enjoyable work environment. Free food every month when Safety Meetings were conducted. I loved my interaction with the drivers and supervisors when they needed help with their benefits.
Pros
Free food at safety meetings.
Cons
Severe management that was not consistent.
Professional, Safe lots of integrity.
Senior Pumping Specialist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Giddings, TXNovember 9, 2018
Safe and productive work environment. Managers Have a good Knowledge of field operations,and are supportive of the field staff.
Safety is the first and foremost component here at C&J, is the environment. Protocol and integrity here has a positive impact on the moral and culture of its employees.The hardest part of the Job are our yard days. That's because everyone is efficient at getting what need to be done to get back out in the field, we sort of run out of things to do.What i enjoy most about the job is the camaraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
safe work environment and practices
Cons
There is always room for improvement and growth.
Avoid this company at all cost
Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 2, 2018
Unfair to their employees. Cutthroat. You're treated as if you're worthless. Do not go to work for this company at all cost. You'll be very very sorry you did
Pros
Cons
Treat their employees as if they're worthless
Depressing environment, Non existant Management.
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TexasOctober 23, 2018
I've been doing this for many years and this is the first time I have felt a need to write a review such as this. It is possible for someone to successful here. But it will be very hard.
Even with years of experience.. there has to be an introduction to any new working environment and new product. The management gives very little information, and a lot is left up to you to figure out. The management believes that it's all easy and it is to an extent, but the process is flawed and there was no time for improvement. They expect you to perform on a level as a person who has been doing it for years. That's all well and good, and in time that level could be reached, but there is no patience for the learning process or employees willing to train and help out.
The mid supervisor will disappear for hours at a time and you will have no one to ask the questions to get the job done. Everyone will ask you where he is.
Tribal knowledge is the rule here. Getting that knowledge is possible, but that takes time. In the meantime the ticket system will bombard you with job after job, as you're learning the product, with no two products bring the same or any of those products lining up with the training materials.There will be no support and you will receive all of the blame as the jobs pile up.
I've been doing this a long time, so I don't complain very often. I have a very good reputation, and this company made me feel like I was useless.
Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Quiet office space.
Cons
Horrible training, Horrible Solidworks practices and implimentations, No training on materials or products, No help from supervisors or fellow employees to improve performance.
Terrible Housing in Kenedy,Texas
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXOctober 21, 2018
Careful applicants with the housing or man-camp in Kenedy, Texas
It is crammed with six beds for six drivers in a 15 x 15 foot room
the bathroom floors are sunken in and the washers and dryers do not work and they work you at night. Youre last load must be brought in to the yard and when you have worked 14 hours and tired and hungry waiting in line to unload for two hours more it is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Turnover is bad
Relaxed environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with C&J however, I believe it is my time to move on from this company. The management is fair depending on the person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&J Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight