C&J Energy Services
65Average

C&J Energy Services Employee Reviews

United States369 reviews
Have to be self driven to move up in pay and as an operator
Long days, I learned a lot about the well designs, and formations. Working with a crew makes a strong brotherhood. You will learn how to operate and maintain equipment.
Unprofessional management and no communication.
Management communication is extremely poor and work place retaliation is highly effective. Engineers/supervisor can easily tell u to get off the crew if you don’t agree with them, their personality. No proper communication from management either.
Horrible company
This company is horrible and will mistreat you and do you any kind of way. They will lie and not train you. They will make you miss your graduation from college and fire you after you come back from FMLA
Great environment to work
I enjoy the times working there,great opportunity,hours and money;benefits were good.Managers were straight with you,really respectful,not lies or backstabbing.
Family
This company was great made many life long friends it was the company that kept us together because after the lay off we are all still friends I miss that place
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Good learning environment
Managed site operations and ensured quality service, completion and safety while following companies desired budget.
Monitored the progress of fracturing jobs to establish safety, efficiency and appropriate adjustments to scheduling on million dollar projects.

Provided technical instruction, work direction, and troubleshooting of operational issues to field supervisors and operators on each site.

Coordinated pre-job strategy to line up directions, materials, chemicals and proper spotting of equipment during rig up.

Documented events during the job and conducted post-job reviews to ensure lessons learned regarding safety and operational efficiencies were captured.
Not pleased with the out come
Cut throat you be part of the click meaning ... Either really good friends or a family member to make it there it's like family your either in or out.
Pros
Most of co-workers were very helpful and friendly
Cons
You have to have known the people way before and be a part of the connection
C&J was great
12 hour shift with supervision.
Supervisors had little power always needed approval from management.

Document everything cuts and changes are frequent
Great company to work for.
There are a lot of work opportunities within the company. As an employee, just focus to do your best in everything you do and try learn as much as you can, get along with everybody and you will succeed.
No words can describe this place
This company is ran like joke. They'll screw you first chance they get. I loved my job but hated the people I worked for.
All in all not a great work environment unless your from the same little town they are.
N/a
It’s like any other companies... it has their ups and downs... good and bad! Not bad to work for, lenient, but at the end of the day look out for yourself
If you are looking for a company that promotes hard work this is great
My overall time with Nabors\C&J Energy was very worthwhile. I learned a great deal about the Oil Industry! The Company is very good at promoting the right person for the job most of the time. Not Just because of the time you where there. If you learn and worked hard you had a shot of doing great things!
Laid off due to a merge
A lot of good people got laid off due to a company merger Our division/section was viewed as a “ not enough profit” margin and shut down various yards This company lacked the leadership and understanding of how client or employee relations worked It wasn’t corporate or even office management that kept the yards running it was the people that had the knowledge experience and integrity to perform their job to the best of their ability
Comfortable environment
Everyone here is respectful and welcomes you. Everyone's open to helping you gain experience and helping you with safely completing your job tasks.
Safety is a priority here!
high paced
This was a high paced team environment that provided room for advancement. Everyday presented a different challenge due to the nature of the business.
It was very bad company
C&J - IT was very bad and under the Indian manager's control, IT manager was not honest with us when the company went down. Alos HR the worst they are not helping or assist us even when we were employees together
After the merger, they RIF me after 10 yrs
The work there was good, they keep me busy for almost ten yrs. I was a maintenance manger, I worked in every district when they needed help in their maintenance department.Then they told me that they had no place with the new company.
Great company, alot of long time employees that dont belive in change or fights it.
I love what I do. To support the field and mechanics. I enjoy the fast pace environment and my team I work for and with. I love the safety culture as well.
Great company
Manager and co-workers in this company welcome you with open arms and treat you with respect and help you to reach goals, stay safe and they teach you properly
Pros
Good pay, good people, great job
Cons
Long days
Try your luck.
Good place to work if you have nothing or nobody to hold you back..lots of hours to be made depending on position, not guaranteed and at the cost of rest and sleep. No appreciation for any of the work. No respect towards others . Clueless management. Constantly lied to. Don’t hold your breath on a pay raise or advancement opportunity.
Pros
Pay is ok. Good benefits. Local, Areas of work are good. Minimal driving. Equipment ok.
Cons
No pay raises or bonuses, equipment often ignored, hours of work not guaranteed, poor management and lack of communication entirely throughout company
fun work enviroment, alot of overtime
i loved this job, they kept me busy and honest. loved the people in it and the experience gained.absolute blast to work for, supervisors were great to work with. No micro managing to mess up productivity.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&J Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at C&J Energy Services.