C&J Energy Services Employee Reviews

Frac Field Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 17, 2018
A typical day at work consisted in being at well site at 5:30 for a safety meeting no matter how far location was from you apt. this sometimes meant driving upward of 4 hours to and from location. Management is not to great.
C&J has become a disfunctional company. They laid off very important people who were an assett to save money. But in the long run it hurt the revenue
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 16, 2018
Productive job and enjoyable work environment. Free food every month when Safety Meetings were conducted. I loved my interaction with the drivers and supervisors when they needed help with their benefits.
Pros
Free food at safety meetings.
Cons
Severe management that was not consistent.
Professional, Safe lots of integrity.
Senior Pumping Specialist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Giddings, TXNovember 9, 2018
Safe and productive work environment. Managers Have a good Knowledge of field operations,and are supportive of the field staff.
Safety is the first and foremost component here at C&J, is the environment. Protocol and integrity here has a positive impact on the moral and culture of its employees.The hardest part of the Job are our yard days. That's because everyone is efficient at getting what need to be done to get back out in the field, we sort of run out of things to do.What i enjoy most about the job is the camaraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
safe work environment and practices
Cons
There is always room for improvement and growth.
Avoid this company at all cost
Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 2, 2018
Unfair to their employees. Cutthroat. You're treated as if you're worthless. Do not go to work for this company at all cost. You'll be very very sorry you did
Pros
Cons
Treat their employees as if they're worthless
Depressing environment, Non existant Management.
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TexasOctober 23, 2018
I've been doing this for many years and this is the first time I have felt a need to write a review such as this. It is possible for someone to successful here. But it will be very hard.
Even with years of experience.. there has to be an introduction to any new working environment and new product. The management gives very little information, and a lot is left up to you to figure out. The management believes that it's all easy and it is to an extent, but the process is flawed and there was no time for improvement. They expect you to perform on a level as a person who has been doing it for years. That's all well and good, and in time that level could be reached, but there is no patience for the learning process or employees willing to train and help out.
The mid supervisor will disappear for hours at a time and you will have no one to ask the questions to get the job done. Everyone will ask you where he is.
Tribal knowledge is the rule here. Getting that knowledge is possible, but that takes time. In the meantime the ticket system will bombard you with job after job, as you're learning the product, with no two products bring the same or any of those products lining up with the training materials.There will be no support and you will receive all of the blame as the jobs pile up.
I've been doing this a long time, so I don't complain very often. I have a very good reputation, and this company made me feel like I was useless.
Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Quiet office space.
Cons
Horrible training, Horrible Solidworks practices and implimentations, No training on materials or products, No help from supervisors or fellow employees to improve performance.
Terrible Housing in Kenedy,Texas
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXOctober 21, 2018
Careful applicants with the housing or man-camp in Kenedy, Texas
It is crammed with six beds for six drivers in a 15 x 15 foot room
the bathroom floors are sunken in and the washers and dryers do not work and they work you at night. Youre last load must be brought in to the yard and when you have worked 14 hours and tired and hungry waiting in line to unload for two hours more it is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Turnover is bad
Relaxed environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with C&J however, I believe it is my time to move on from this company. The management is fair depending on the person.
Enjoyed working here. team work was the best ive ever had
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 17, 2018
We worked a 20/10 schedule. Days were 15 hrs plus. Team work here was the best Ive ever had. For a person starting out, this place is great. Anytime you had a question on anything. It was explained fully. A great yard to work out of. The only negative thing is if you are from out of town, you are required to pay for your own hotel while working in Cheyenne. Upper management was some of the best in the industry.
Pros
Great hours, best supervisors
Cons
out of pocket expenses when working in Cheyenne, pay for your hotels
Lack of communication DON'T WORK HERE
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 11, 2018
If you plan on working in San Angelo don't count on it they will transfer you out of town and have you working there for weeks at a time without a vehicle and without funds to cover your stay there. You do not get your per diem until you get paid. They lack communication and do not care about their rig hands. I told crew I had strep throat and boss called while I was asleep said two days later I was a no call no show so I was fired. The company only cares about certain employees and they talk to the rest of the hands like their trash. Also there are weeks you will work 5 days in a row and other times you'll be off for a week and a half with no work. I don't suggest anyone work here.
Pros
Good pay/insurance
Cons
Not enough family time poor management
Nice Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist Sr (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Great Management...Minimal Supervision. Love the Business Casual work environment. You can wear jeans and tennis everywhere single day. LOVE IT!!

You basically left alone so you can do your work and go home.
Pros
ON site Deli and Gym
Cons
Cut he Flex hours because of abuse
A good place to work
Relief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ventura CaliforniaOctober 7, 2018
It’s a really good place to work and grow and learn new things. Very friendly employees and the hours are great. Safety is one of the best, it’s safe on safety.
Not a good company to work for
Field Mechanic/Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXSeptember 27, 2018
schedule was 14 on 7 off, but very rarely got 7 days off. It was good experience but bad management, pay was ok, liked what i did there but needed information about the jobs i was going to was hard to obtain from anyone.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no raises
Very high employee turnover
Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2018
They don't care about their employees safety or wellbeing, only how much money you made them today ( I was told this by a manager). The trucks are all old and not maintained properly. The mattress in the trucks are old and have stains and bedbugs. They put you in a truck and expect you to clean it out from the previous 10 drivers. They want you to sit in the mancamp and wait to be called to work. Which means you could be sitting for 3-4 days with no pay. They say the hourly wage is based on driving experience but would pay drivers fresh out of CDL school with no experience more than a driver that has been with them for a year. THEY WILL TELL YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HEAR TO GET YOU IN THE DOOR. MOST DRIVERS QUIT BEFORE EVEN GETTING THEIR FIRST PAYCHECK.
Pros
A week of home time (If you can afford to go home)
Cons
No guaranteed hours per week(70 hours one week and 25 hours the next), old and worn out equipment, bad management, low pay for CDL driver
Honest work with great coworkers
Shift Manager/Material handler/Bulk Plant oporator (Former Employee) –  Jane Lew, WVSeptember 23, 2018
Great group of people work here, but due to poor management there is a shortage of coverage. Which made it difficult to meet deadlines or have a home life.
Great co workers but too many changes
Logistics Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 21, 2018
The co workers are awesome to work with. The upper management is always making changes about every 6 months and can't make up their mind on what they want to do.
Pros
Great benefits, Good workers to work with
Cons
Pay is low compared to industry and they have no problem lowering pay with no warning
Great Culture!!
Manager - Intercompany (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
They have a great culture and support a work life balance. They have a deli and a gym onsite to encourage healthy living. The management team is getting better after the addition of our new CFO.
Pros
Deli and Gym onsite
Cons
Management disarray
not taken care of
Service Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 20, 2018
some supervisors will not go above and beyond for their employees , everything is just go go go , rush rush rush. There was no brotherhood in the crew , they called us family but sure didn't feel like it , i felt super underpaid for my experience. the crew i was in was not a very motivation crew at all, call you out on mistakes and bash you for making mistakes a lot of degrading and not much support from supervisors
Pros
job was easy
Cons
environment was not cutting it
Great family atmosphere.
Manager, Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Company is a mid size company battling growing pains. Family 1st atmosphere. At the rate the company is growing we need more aggressive thinkers. Overall good company.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Growing Company
Fullfilment
Coil Tubing Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 1, 2018
I am currently the ops Manager and the people are very supportive. Advancement is always around the corner. It is a very good place to be. Ample work and home life balance.
Stay away!!!
Frac Sand Truck Driver/ Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 25, 2018
The company cares about making corporate money more than spreading it around to the drivers. They have more than 1 well site but for some reason if that well site goes down I stead of sending you to the other 1 they would have you sitting at the man camp for like 3-4 days with no work. No supervision at all. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. They under pay you. No more money for sleeping in the truck, plus you are under paid for all the work they want you to do.
Pros
Cons
Pay for lunch, barely working hrs, no leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&J Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight