C&S Companies Employee Reviews

Account Managers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJune 6, 2018
Account Managers deserve respect. PM run over AM's and there is no support. Mutual respect is the core of success. Hopefully things will get better one day.
Poor management; unorganized
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Company recently merged with former engineering firm. Too many managers - stressful environment - lack of communications. Former employees left the company - disatisfied
Pros
Cons
poor management
Good people to work with
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 27, 2017
I had a great time working at the airport. I learned a lot of great things about construction in which I had not seen before. It was a great experience.
Pros
Free lodging and meals
Cons
Job far from home
fun great place to work
Maintenance and Grounds Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 31, 2017
great culture, many lifetime friends,learned great deal in handling vendors and customer relations, and maintenance of large facility worked closely with professional engineer and architects.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no advancement
balanced work / life
Sound Insulation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2017
It was a balanced and fun workplace. Everyone worked together as a team to be successful as a Company. The Management was always there if you needed guidance also, and they were very professional and accessible to the employees
Pros
close to home
Cons
no cons
C&S is a very well respected engineering company with great people and benefits.
Sr. Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I worked at C&S in various capacities and rose in the ranks over the 28 years I worked there. There were many ways I found to advance my career. I retired and moved to Florida when the time was right.
Pros
Great business model and respected their employees
Cons
Recognition for engineers over others
I enjoyed the work environment and the people surrounding me.
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, MAMarch 21, 2017
The company had its perks but also the supervisors gave a hard time to fit scheduels to immideiate lives. What ever problems we had such as family problems, the supervisors wouldn't take into consideration to give slack.
Pros
Incentive pay was great
Cons
Person life problems are irrelivant to supervisors
C&S is a good place to work and I was fortuate to work with some very good people.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2016
My work at C&S has been rewarding and challenging. I have had the benefit to work on some high profile projects. They are experiencing some difficulties in attracting more of these projects. Most of their construction management projects are K-12 schools. I have little interest in managing these type of projects.
Pros
C&S is very good with recognizing their employees.
Cons
No negatives.
Committed to work/life balance, community service, flexible
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work. Lots of interaction with Leadership. Company tries to make as much information as possible available to employees. Very lean staff in regional offices, sometimes too lean for large projects, however, staff from other locations step up to assist when needed.
The internship was amazing
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 5, 2015
This internship was amazing from the people to the many activities they had for us interns.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, great cooperations
Cons
Not many projects
Enjoyable Time Spent With This Company
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 28, 2014
I loved working for this company. We were a regional office and their corporate office was in Syracuse, NY. My office in Temecula was a small office, only five of us. We all worked great together. I enjoyed going to work every morning. This company made you feel like you were a family. I really loved the fact that the corporate office had special days for health and fitness as well as special employee events. When my office closed their doors, I was heartbroken. Although I was offered to commute to their San Diego office, I declined as it was too far of a drive for 5 days a week.
great company
Construction Inspector 3 (Former Employee) –  Binghamton nyMarch 7, 2014
excellent place to work, helpful staff, great benefits, amazing experience
C&S is a great company to work for
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 15, 2013
C&S is a great company to work for but I see our work load getting smaller and the amount of people are the same so there will be a time that we may have to put a few more eggs in the basket.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not knowing what the next assignment is
Good work environment with opportunities for advancement.
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 5, 2013
C & S Companies is an excellent company to work for. Their strive to become the best consultant service in central New York is parallel to none. With a diverse group of talent there is nothing that can not be accomplished within the company.
Pros
growth potential, mentorships, opportunity for advancement
Cons
subpar healthcare benefits
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 20, 2013
I enjoyed my employment with C&S Companies. It was a pleasure working with people out in the field and through the main office in Syracuse, NY. My overall plan was to retire with C&S Companies and this was a well known fact by my managers. Several of us, administrative assistants and construction managers, were laid off without notice. Imagine my surprise when my plan was to retire with this company. C&S Companies was thought to be a family orientated company with excellent values. I was totally convinced of this, until several were laid off without notice.
Pros
great people to work with...administrative assistants and construction managers
Cons
new management
Best company I have ever worked for...hands down.
Senior Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 11, 2013
This is an amazing company that really puts the employees first. The company has a reputation in the industry for good work at a fair price and that is what drives their interaction with customers and strong and long lasting relationships with clients.

Although C&S at it's core is an engineering company there was a strong effort by management to move into architecturally led projects which produced many successful project throughout NY state.

Employees are generally happy with the company and that shows in the amazing retention they have for employees. Many of the employees have been with the company for more than twenty years which gives the company a wide breath of knowledge and experience.
Pros
great learning environment, great culture and focus on work homelife balance
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 19, 2013
I have worked for C&S for over 10 years and find it to be an excellent place to work. The people are supportive of each other. Our work is important and valued in the communities we serve.
Pros
open communication, company cares about their work and the people
Cons
none i can think of
Full time employment in an engineering field
Consulting Transportation Construction Inspector, (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYDecember 24, 2012
Working a combination of indoors and outdoors, using computers and engineering skills to complete a job project for a major highway.
Pros
good pay
Cons
overnight shift, loud machinery, diesel fumes.
Very family oriented company.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh International Airport, Plattsburgh, NYNovember 7, 2012
Very good Engineering and construction management firm. Engineers are always avalable to assist field reps.
Warehouse work was easy
Selector Helper (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro MDJanuary 18, 2012
Really enjoyed doing warehouse work. The management was my only concern.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no advancement opportunity. bad management