C&S Staffing, LLC Employee Reviews

My Last Job - I Hope!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2018
I started as a Care Manager with C&S Staffing 2.5 years ago, and I hope to never leave. Case Management is hard, no matter where you work, but to have a supportive team makes all the difference. Most agencies do not help with scheduling or auditing, but there is a full team assigned to assist Care Managers in the field with these tasks. Management staff is available, helpful, and kind. The owners are generous and often give incentives and send out Thank Yous; let's face it, most places don't do that! It's not all rainbows and butterflies, though. The job can be stressful at times, but also very rewarding. The bottom line is that we get to help people every day who may not have anyone advocating for them. This is so important! The schedule can be flexible (save for admissions sometimes!), making more time for family, sick kids, vacations, etc.... I haven't missed a field trip with my kids since I started! The expected hours are Mon-Fri, 8-5; no evenings, no weekends. I've always done my charting at night, so I do visits during the day, finishing by 2 or 3pm, then chart after the kids go to bed. Makes for a long day, but I get to spend after school/dinner time with my family. My weekends are free now, too! In the beginning, I did spend a lot of "off time" making sure all my work was completed, but now that I've settled in, I've become much more efficient at managing my time.
Pros
flexible schedule, no calls, no weekends, lots of support
Cons
pay is per visit to start
Best Company Ever
Chief Operations Officer (COO) (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2018
I have been with C&S Staffing for 4 1/2 years now and would never want to leave. This company has changed by life! In the begging it's a lot of new ways of thinking and ideals to learn and you have to learn a new charting system as with any job, but the camaraderie and team work atmosphere is unlike any other company. Everyone is truly excited to see you succeed. Once you get through the first 2 months, the rest is a breeze! Work-life balance is unlike any other company I've worked for. You can take your kids to school, go see your members, go to the grocery store, pick your kids up, participate in their sporting/school events, cook dinner, eat with your family, and chart once they've gone to bed. Talk about balance!! With ever-changing insurance requirements, C&S Staffing does their best to make the changes as seemless as possible. You feel like a person at C&S, not a number. The managers and owners all still see members so they can stay up to date on changes and how it actually is to be in the field. I don't know any other company I've worked for that I could say that for. I want to retire with C&S Staffing. If you aren't afraid of hard work in the beginning, you are self-motivated and accountable, come work here! We are a fast-growing company with lots of room for advancement. (Another great thing about C&S- they promote from within so all management/auditors have been in the field for at least a year!)
Pros
BALANCE---I get to have a life!
Cons
Insurance changes....but that's with all companies that do this!
No work life balance
Care manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 5, 2018
Pay was decent if it was just 40 hours a week but most days were 12-16 hour days. Overwhelmed most of the time. Often felt patronized by getting a $10 Walmart gift card as a recognition of good work - it is nice to be acknowledged but when you are working 70-80 hours a week with no extra pay, you want family time. Frequent management changes. Constant changes and different managers telling you to different things. Top management was known for mood swings and often came across as unprofessional.
Don’t quit your regular job and think this will pay the bills in the beginning- it can take months to build up a caseload. Lots and lots of charting and computer work will have you up late nights trying to get it all in ( and the pay is per visit- so this is all on your own time after you have spent all day making visits)
Pros
Work from home, benefits
Cons
Poor management, pay did not reflect hours worked
Too good to be true.. so I thought
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 2, 2018
I've been with C&S Staffing just about a year and I love it! I have never felt more welcome in any company I have worked with in all of my years of nursing than I have here. The training in the beginning is intense and I was very nervous to start but they made sure I was comfortable before sending me out in the field. All of the managers are full of knowledge and have helped me navigate my way through everything in the ever changing insurance world. Even though the position is remote, it doesn't feel like it at all since the communication is so good and everyone is so willing to help with any questions you may have. When you join the team you become part of a work family and you are not just a number.
Pros
incentives
Bad company
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 26, 2018
They will put you through 40/50 hours of training. Expect you to answer every phone call even after 6pm. For the training I got paid NOTHING!!!! I was promised a entire area by where I live, then when it was time to start all of a sudden they only had two people for me! Both over an hour away. For the amount of work this is, you will be making about $8-$12 an hour. After the visits, the driving time, and the documentation time. Stay far AWAY from this company! They are liars with many broken promises. They do NOT offer benefits to part time employees and they also make you sign a contract that they can deny benefits to you even when you’re full time! Know what you’re getting into.
Cons
Excellent Career opportunity with the availability for advancement
Cate Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I have worked with C and S staffing for going on three years and it is quite literally the best job I have ever had in my 15 year nursing career. I have done home health for the majority of this time and feel that the paperwork and amount of time spent charting is very comparable to home health but with better pay. In the nursing profession you generally feel like you are just a number or a workhorse for the owners bottom line. I can assure you with this company you will not feel like that. The managers are some of the most amazing nurses and people I have ever known!! I have never felt more valued then I do here. The owners of the company truly care about you as an employee and a person....every company I have worked for previously l barely knew the owners names. Finding new employment is always like taking a chance.....trust me take this one!!!
Pros
Management, incentives, work environment that feels like home
Cons
Have yet to find any
fast expanding company
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  crosby, texasAugust 19, 2018
ive been working for c and s for almost 2 years! i love the company its been expanding rapidly. lots of improvments and changes occuring but will be worth it in the end to make our jobs easier. you must have great time management and be able to work indpendently on the feild and manage your charting time properly so you can relax rest of your day. my manger and auditor are very helpful and friendly easy to talk to regarding any issues or concerns. i love working for c and s staffing!
Pros
flexible hours, work from home, great pay
Cons
must have time management, check emails frequently, drive about 30, 000miles year
Amazing management with many learning opportunities
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 17, 2018
Hands down, the best job I have ever had! Great management and owners that truly care for you as a person.. not just another employee! Great benefits!
Pros
Management, owners, coworkers, little extras
Best job ever!
nurse (Current Employee) –  Whitesboro, TXAugust 16, 2018
It’s not an easy job, but it is rewarding with supportive management and training. If you want to learn and do a good job, they will work with and support you. The company is made up of people who genuinely care for each other and want to see one another succeed, as well as taking care of the clients.
Pros
Caring owners and managers
Great Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, TXAugust 16, 2018
Management is amazing, they are nice and helpful. Available always during work hours. The owner is hands on and involved with the day to day operations. Family environment. Flexible hours. The work and training in the beginning is worth it overall in the long run. Great company! Highly recommend! Love my job!
Pros
Great support
Wolves in sheeps clothing
Field Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitesboro, TXMay 22, 2018
This company is all about the bottom line and getting the visits done. Things that weren't required or done in the past is now being ask to be done. They will lie to their member's as long as it prevents the bottom line from going in the RED; they will do whatever it takes to retain members.
Pros
You meet a lot of people/cultures
Cons
Cut throat
company did not deliver as promised
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 26, 2018
This company promised that I would be taking over a case load from a nurse that had left but instead gave that case load to other nurses and did not deliver promises made at employment
Pros
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&S Staffing, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.