C&S Wholesale Grocers Employee Reviews

Found 1,006 reviews matching the search See all 1,011 reviews
T.v. in break room relaxes me during breaks and lunches.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 15, 2018
Great learning experiment for me learned most on the go, like order sheets and fork lift. Sometimes it gets stressful with the pace. Supervisor works hands on with employes.
Very fast paced place to work.
Inventory Control Lead (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 12, 2018
The job is not easy. There are many positions you can work. Many are harder than others. Just like any other job C&S has its ups and downs. You just have to make the best of it.
Shipping and Receiving Customer Service, Data (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed being a lead shipper working with over 600 dock workers. It was a challenge at times I enjoyed the different personalities. Great experience
fun competitive atmoshpere
Sourcing Agent (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 9, 2018
Daily negotiate pricing on products to get the lowest possible with a variety of different vendors and your team mates. Data entry of orders and shipping confirmation.
Pros
competitive
Not fun at all.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Robesonia, PAJuly 8, 2018
From the beginning when C and S took over they took things away. We had a pension and good insurance. That’s all gone. They took away vacation and made it harder. I knew from the beginning I had to get out. I would recommend anyone to somehow get out. To pay union dues and get nothing for it is ridiculous.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
They treat you like garage.
c&s wholesale
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
great place to work also but the work is hard if u can do it and not thing about it then is not really hard other then that some days at the c&s wholesale grocers. it be kinda hard.
They have managers who couldn't manage there way out of a paper bag
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 30, 2018
They have people in authority positions who can't manage.
Managers manage out of jealousy and try to hide their inadequacies by blaming their subordinates
There are many good departments with good leaders but the HR department is in shambles..
Pros
Stability if you are in the right department
Cons
You may be the most qualified but you never get the chance to advance, people in leadership roles who are not management material.
Fun
Hi-low Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, MAJune 28, 2018
I like work in Warehouse especially at that Cain the work I like work scanning sistem you work what nice people the treatment it's nice they make you feel how in home they give you the opportunity to grow in facility
Pros
Nice lunch sometime
Cons
Nice ensuring
Stressful workplace
Selector (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 28, 2018
Hard conditions to work with your family life. The cold temperatures take a very hard toll on your body and the staff is not very welcoming or accommodating.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard on your body, and takes away a lot of time.
Fun place to work if t right people are there
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJune 28, 2018
Management is the down fall of this facility. Take care of your employees and they’ll take care of you. Give pay raises no reason the base pay should be the same as it was 10 years ago with the cost of living being so high
Pros
Fast pace, decent money
Cons
The business is all that matters
Senior Transportation Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2018
Long days with few thank yous. Enjoy working in transportation because of the challenges. Most rewarding part of my job was coaching a team through change and helping them learn to make decisions.
Pros
pay
Cons
no set expectations.
Pay is competitive but work environment is very difficult and employee morale is very low.
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 27, 2018
I have held my current position in the company for over 14 years. In that time the pay rate has been cut a few times, but never raised. The health insurance and other benefits have similarly been reduced in value. The supervision at the facility level is pretty good overall but those who set the policy at the corporate level have a history of making decisions that benefit the company at the direct expense of the employees. This creates a work environment that is extremely negative, even toxic at times. Turnover is extreme - they are hiring and training new employees on a constant basis. Those who can do the job are overworked as they are demanded to pick up the slack for those who can't or won't.
Pros
Pay is still competitive. Threat of layoffs is virtually nonexistent. Overtime is often available.
Cons
Need to do more work for less pay. Negative, stressful environment. Policy changes always benefit the company at the expense of the employee.
tranportation department
Class A CDL Driver H/D (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
good company get 18 years of experience with them good people stable company in the grocery department company is closing doors in the end of the year and relocating in plant city fl
Use to be a good company not anymore
Pallet Sorter, Forklift operator, receiving (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 26, 2018
Use to be a great place but with the years management keep changing and things change. Management is horrible and conditions of work aren't the best. Place is dirty , Stressful and superiors are disrespectful with the employers. Not family friendly company
Fast pace
Selector (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 26, 2018
Typical day can be very stressful headset not working people taking your pallet jacks not charging your machine at lunch time .Ive learned how to build and time management
Pros
Only get three breaks
Cons
Shorts breaks long hours of work
Good job
Order Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with C&S wholesale grocery. It was a great opportunity and Introduction to order picking style of work. It was a great experience.
Heavy work load
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FLJune 25, 2018
Overall not happy with the way things are run. A couple of people do the majority of the work the rest slack off making the work load heavier for those that work.
If you have a degree or skilled trade stay away
Selector (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, MAJune 24, 2018
This is a predatory company that will continuously burn through employees due to poor middle management. It varies from facility to facility and has its ups and downs, but, overall if you have to means to find other employment do it. I've worked here for 8 years and have worked at multiple facilities. The good times come far and few between and only exist because of fearless managers that either get promoted or quit.
Hard Job
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYJune 24, 2018
I was there for a very short time. it was just a summer job for me until i got a job in my field after college. selector position was tough. made some cool friends tho.
Very fast pace.
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 21, 2018
Wasn't a bad job. Must be well fit to work because you will constantly move. The only reason I left was because I was offered a job. And it is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Constant work, early days of completion
Cons
Wear and tear on body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&S Wholesale Grocers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight