C&S Wholesale Grocers Employee Reviews

Found 1,269 reviews matching the search See all 1,275 reviews
Unprofessional
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTFebruary 22, 2019
The break room smelled like weed. Everybody who was being interviewed had worked there previously. It was like a high school reunion. I didn't even have a chance. I had years of warehouse experience. If you want to feel uncomfortable for 12 hours this is the perfect place for you.
They stealing from us
Doesn't match work I do (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FLFebruary 21, 2019
It's a shame how this works 2 pay scale changes in last four months petty azz supervisor mad because lumpers made more money then them disrespectful to the only part of the so called team that actually do some fucc work fucd up how they treat us
Pros
None for black people
Cons
The whole job
Northeast market is very tenured andold school
DC General Manager/Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 19, 2019
Overall great experience and great team. Always trying new things but too many things and meetings make it very hard to be on the floor without adding alot of hours. One negative is the removal of HR interaction in coaching and accountability.
C&s
Lead, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDFebruary 18, 2019
The most enjoyable part of working at C&S was you could always stay in shape. It's a high physical demanding job. The hardest part was getting use to the -15 degree cold. The management team was laid back and really didn't walk the warehouse to check on things.
Pros
You control how much you can make.
Cons
-15 degrees, no work life balance
It was a mirage.
Item Selector (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 15, 2019
Nice looking girls wearing spandex everywhere. Promises from ads and managers that i would make soo much money. Lots of favoritism and nepotism, sexism. I hated being held hostage,you dont have a set time to go home. You work long days Saturday and Monday and 4-5 on your next two days. You are supposed to get incentive pay. Whenever I had a good day I would get sent to a different mod to get my numbers dragged back down.
Pros
Nice girls
Cons
Small paycheck
productive and hard work area
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 14, 2019
is a place to work hard if you like it. the productivity is slow when they have favorite with another associate. also is to many complain about the management.
Management does play favorites
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FLFebruary 13, 2019
As a recent employee of C&S I can assure that they do play favorites. While some employees are given multiple chances to mess up. They have the ones that they target yes. Very poor management in PDC. Everything seems to get blamed on the selectors and lift drivers when it all starts within the office. If you want to run the check up it's ok but I strongly recommend that you have an exit plan. Careful of Chabrent. He really plays favorites.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Fast paced and stressful, constant fast, and heavy lifting, always moving.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Overall not too bad as far as the job itself; however my manager, and many other managers favored people under their supervision who were related to them, or friends. This along with some racial bias from certain members of management made work sometimes difficult.
Pros
All time based so youre basically your own boss.
Cons
Understaffed constantly, poor management, constantly a mess of go ask the next guy.
Don’t
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  North Hatfield, MAFebruary 9, 2019
I started out as a selector and the incentive wasn’t worth the abuse your body takes. As a loader, you’re stuck there forever. 15 hours a shift. Poor management and bad environment.
Good place to start off to make money but not a good place to stay
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 6, 2019
They are always wanting more from someone without compensating. Management definitely shows favoritism. They do not truly care about their employees....
Pros
Incentive pay
Cons
You pay for healthcare. It always goes up
Hated it
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Its great if you're looking to not have a family or a life. They make you work mandatory over time. I've seen managers block the entrance so associates won't leave the building to finish the work and constantly threatened to fire you if you do not make production. When you are first hired they tell you 10 hours a day and 3 days off and 4 days on but that you have to work overtime. Which means you sometimes stay 12 or 14 hours if there is a lot of work, even if you start at 7am plus that mandatory day which adds up to 60 hours+. If you use your PTO before the 1 year you are s.o.l. Lunch is 30 mins and you get two 15 min breaks. As a selector each product you pick adds up to your paycheck but they constantly change the rules so you only make an extra $10 or 20 a week. There are trainers who watch how many items you pick but are constantly up your butt checking how fast or slow you are.
Pros
overtime/health benefits
Cons
no life
Productive company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Company is very stressful, there appears to be very hazardous areas concerning safety in the warehouse. Job promotion is fair however, favoritism is a preference in the warehouse.
Pros
Pay us fair
Cons
Quanity over quality is very big issue, quality should be a priority.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYFebruary 3, 2019
me gustaba trabaje poco tiempo igual me enferme tube un tiempo fuera Buena cominicacion buen ambierte de trabajo y buen equipo para trabajar la recomiendo
Very productive work place and fun with great coworkers at C&S Wholesale Grocery
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 31, 2019
A typical workday at C&S......make sure I am dressed accordingly for cold temperatures, preview my work equipment to make sure they are in good, safe, working order. I begin my day selecting my order. As i select my order i have to configure how to securely place the product. I then shrink wrap the product to place it by the trailor door where it awaits to be loaded. The supervisors standby if there are any questions or concerns. I enjoyed being employed with C&S because i felt safe and found my co workers to be very kind and helpful.
Pros
Great pay and a very safe work environment
Cons
It was very cold working in the freezer
hard work
Selector (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 30, 2019
If you need a job that will pay the bills then this is a ok job to take. but it comes with cost. Definitely favoritism and politics within the workforce. Everyone is not treated fairly. They say you can work as many hrs as you want but really they try and stop you short of 40 hrs. So even though your hourly wage is 15-20 per hr depending on performance and shift you are on, the majority of weeks you will get 35 hrs or less.
Great job
Cross dock (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJanuary 30, 2019
Working here was a great job opportunity. It’s a fun environment if you’re not too big on getting cold. Multiple warehouses with each one having different jobs. I was in the freezer so it was cold most of the time. But overall would recommend this job to anyone.
Stressful
Team Selector Miami FL (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Unfair, Stressful, Hours are extensively long every day. can leave until the work is finish. even after you have done your 8 hours. have to stay behind and help team members. even after you've completed your work.
Pros
pays every week
Cons
short breaks, doing more then 8 hours every day
No comment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Would love to go back to work there and come back to work there. I loved my job but I had to leave for health issues at that time. The job was a learning experience over the years I've been working with them. The company takes good care of their worker.
Pros
They have nice bbqs
Cons
Break are too short
Fast paced, high pay.
SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 20, 2019
This is a great place to work if you're highly motivated. The harder you work the more money you make. Management is great and always very helpful. With this set schedule and the occasional extra day.
good place
Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  New EmglandJanuary 17, 2019
C&S helped me develop the skills i needed to get to this level in my career. Now that I am not there, I truly appreciate the company, people and general atmosphere there.
Pros
Upward mobility
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&S Wholesale Grocers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight