C&W Services Employee Reviews

Spineless lying Management
Material Handler Technician (Former Employee) –  SLC1January 15, 2019
These guys would like you to think that they are all about thier employees but they are spineless when it comes to standing up for you against the company that they are contracted with. I was terminated and was told First: in the event that Amazon wants you out of thier facility they will find another CW spot for you(lie), Second:
they told me that they had gathered evidence for thier investigation?(lie), they only read a statement that another individual had written and called it evidence. The whole issue just irritates me to no end. If they wanna act as if they care about vets and hire them under that disguise of "caring" they are certainly going to get kicked in the rear, and its just a matter of time. I wonder why JLL no longer has the "big" contract.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
micro management, pay out of benefits, insurance totally sucks
Productive and good hard working people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 10, 2019
In the morning would come in restock bathrooms on one side of the building that had six floors and about thirteen bathrooms. After restocking would go and clean out recycle bins and right after about 9 o'clock would take a fifteen minute break and would go get breakfast. We were contracted by the Staples Headquarters and so they had a cafeteria with good food and well priced. After the break, would go and clean out a section of a staircase sweeping and taking out dust. Would clean out shipping elevator. Would do a walk through of the bathrooms and make sure everything is working and nothing is lacking. At 12' o'clock would take a half hour lunch break and after the break would go and restock the bathrooms again and clean them up take out trash. Would be done by 2:30 and then would go and do another walk through.
Pros
Great benefits: Health and dental insurance
Cons
Free times after somethings were done. Would have to find something to do
January 14, 2019

Thank you for giving your insights into a typical workday, and your feedback on being part of our team!

Sorry to say this company ain’t right
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJanuary 8, 2019
I mean it wasn’t enought money I can housekeep for 4 hours and make $200 in a day than a week, needless to say I enjoyed the people, they were great. Just love to be in ppl business. But I had to go too stressful with bills!!! If I went full time I would make only $300 because they snatch benefits they make you get and deduct a dollar from your $9 part time to $8 full time and will not let u get overtime. It’s sad.
Pros
Ain nun
Cons
A lot
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 28, 2018
A typical day , I start at 10;30 a night I did a walk through of my work area to see how dirty my area was , then clean if needed to . After that I started my daily routine , which required checking the offices and to make sure the classrooms were taken care of . It also required that at the end of my shift my job was done to the best of my ability .
Pros
I had the chance of working independently, they also gave me ideas to make the job easier for me .
Cons
The third shift was not a good fit for me I have other responsibilities that require me to rest, It was also taking up all my energy .
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear your experience was positive, and that your team supported you.

Good environment to work
MAINTENANCE PLANNER SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 26, 2018
Good environment to work, challenging a work environment, ertical integration drives a total quality experience
Collectively we provide a single point of accountability across all services
By self-performing, we eliminate inefficiency and cost by removing hand-offs
Good if you like to be away from home
Tech (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 22, 2018
I don't like it one bit cause hours are long and the jobs have no time day would not tell anyone to go work here cause mangers force you to work to you drop
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Hours suck
December 26, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We take your input seriously and would like to understand if there is something specific we can do to address your workload. If you would like to speak to a member of the HR team, please reach out to our private mailbox, culture@cwservices.com.

Not a place you want to work
Tech (Former Employee) –  White, GADecember 20, 2018
Because you are a “Contractor” in this plant you are treated pretty badly first off, then you do not receive much training on the equipment before you are out on a shift and then the Crew leaders start bashing you for asking questions about how to fix something! I can figure most things out I have been in the field about 4 years at the time as a electrician. Changing out a 24v prox is not really electrical and it is 90-100% “Mechanical” at this place. If you have to go under a press you stand in foot of water and hydraulic fluid and are expected to weld and diagnose issues with 0 help. The responses are very colorful if you do ask for help. Overall I would not recommend this job to anyone, even the engineers for the company are little to no help when trying to gather information about a problem. The PM crew wow, they do very little most times you find them in the back or upfront on break. Very few of them do much besides pencil whip the PMs. And when you ask managers their excuse “oh it’s a visual inspection”, my response, “so they are not suppose to fix something they see?” Basically the answer was No! But hey they give you 2 weeks vacation after 6 months lol.
Pros
I am sure there are some
Cons
Outway the pro’s for sure
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We take all input seriously and welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific concerns. You can begin a confidential conversation by reaching out to culture@cwservices.com with your contact information so that a member of our HR team can contact you directly. Regarding leadership support at the site where you worked, C&W Services has invested heavily in the past two years, expanding our staff by 30% including the addition of a Safety Manager. New hires go through 10 hours of OSHA and site-specific training, and our Technical Operations Manager works with our local management team to develop individual education plans for each team member as part of our ongoing safety and productivity efforts.

Ambiente de trabajo en union
Limpieza de casas y oficina (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 19, 2018
Bueno mi evaluacion es satisfactoria ya k todos los empleados trabajan en union
December 26, 2018

Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para comentar sobre su tiempo con el compañero.

Awful company to work for
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHDecember 19, 2018
If your home is being foreclosed on or if your kids are hungry, then come join us. If not, do yourself a favor and STAY FAR AWAY! Managers are quite self serving and do not have your back. You will be thrown under the bus at every opportunity. Your home life is expected to be put secondary. Your schedule will change with less than 24 hours notice on a regular basis. If you do travel do not expect to be reimbursed in a timely manor if at all. When you leave do not expect your vacation owed to you to be paid out. There is no in house HR rep. This is an issue as management believes HR only "muddies the waters". You will make more money hourly being an Amazon packer than the tech that actually is responsible for equipment. Its insanity, No paid lunch, No shift differential, all in all a very greedy, very dirty company. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
some coworkers
Cons
all else
Horrible Place to Work at Amazon SAT2
CST (Former Employee) –  SAT2December 18, 2018
Horrible Place to Work, like working in a Zoo, management is clueless and continually violate the safety protocols *************************************************
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 6, 2018
Like everywhere has up and downs but good company with laid back atmosphere but work still needs to get done correctly. Company provides all PPE with annual boot vouchers.
December 26, 2018

We're glad you enjoy the work atmosphere, and thank you for commenting on our commitment to a job well done and to safety!

Great job just needs someone that can guide people in the right direcion
Vac Crew (Former Employee) –  Blair, NENovember 12, 2018
Work is good an constant going up in the company takes time but at certain positions like the one i was at had no room for growth. The work is hard and keeps you busy the whole day and they have alot of things that you can learn
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We're glad you found your position engaging and that you learned a lot. It sounds like you saw career paths within the organization, but none that fit your role at the time. Please keep an eye on our open positions at cwservices.com/careers, and consider rejoining the team!

I have made a lot of friends at the building I work at , they've changed companies due to the union but always kept the staff intact.
Light Tender (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2018
I made a lot of friends over the years but I'm trying to get a better paying job so I don't have to work two jobs every day that's 64 hours a week . I was referred by some license engineer to try this so I got my license .
Pros
Nice people to work with and to work for.
Cons
Catching a bus every day to get to work
We don't our people living in Silo's >.<
MHE II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2018
We share our Maintenance logs/Trouble Tickets, SLC1 has a very good knowledge base as does LGB3, However, every other facility that I attended their Tech 3's say this right to your face! and they still have a JOB. "I am a Tech 3...I do not clear jams and I dont work". My tool is the radio so I can call a REAL Technician. These idiots let them stay there and collect 30.00 an hour. Promotions are a joke. If you want to be promoted at C&W you have to wait for Amazon to open a new facility. Then you have to apply for the job just like jo-blo off the street. Just because you work there doesnt guarantee your appointment to say Tech 2 to a Tech 3 or a Tech 3 to an AMM. That doesnt bother me. What does bother me is that they promote who they want without regard to test scores or interviews.
Pros
Plenty of work, Travel, Politics
Cons
Have to wait for a new facility to open before you get promoted
Great work place with amazing people
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 13, 2018
I’ve been with C&W for 4 years. Amazing management as well as coworkers. A lot of opportunities came my way within that 4 years. Unfortunately, my contract at my site is ending in a few weeks.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive review, and for your service for four years. Have you visited our job listing to find out what other sites nearby may have openings, and worked with HR on the same? If we can be of help, please reach out via culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Its a good job.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Grambling, LAOctober 13, 2018
Its a good job, but you can't move up in the company. Which is fine for some. You also don't get raises at all to say u can't move up. The management is ok most of the time, but being on a contract changes things out the blue. Then the fact the contract is always being treated makes the job seem less reliable to a person who has to work full time to provide for their families.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your comments, and we're glad you feel your job with C&W Services is a good one - we couldn't agree more that the people like you who directly support our clients are the backbone of our business. We do have programs such as apprenticeships, training, and employee development to help people succeed in their careers. We're also involved in a mentoring program specifically for custodial staff, which will be launched by ISSA/Hygieia Network later this month. If you want more information on that program, please email culture@cwservices.com, and we will be sure to send you the information when the mentoring program begins.

C&W Services
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2018
Great place to work!! People are friendly and collaborative. Management is very helpful in getting tasks accomplished and care about their employees.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, and for your contributions to the team!

Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
It was a good job but needed more money.plus I had a baby so I don’t go back but cleaning was my thang I do it for a living.got paid every week but still wasn’t enough for my family.
Pros
Paid for lunch
Cons
Breaks
great place to work
CONTROL SYSTEM TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  san marcos texasOctober 2, 2018
safety oriented customer satisfaction oriented, training oriented,promoting within
education tuition assistance very organized vacations holidays sick leave
Pros
solid job
Cons
where i work 45 miles away from my home
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, particularly on our focus on safety, career paths, benefits, and customer orientation.

Not much room to grow
Facilities Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2018
13 years in the same position, many promises, only when they need you, but at the end nothing is true. Label it is something very common around here, just for some conveniences.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your contributions over more than a dozen years! We take your feedback seriously, and if you'd like to reach out confidentially with more details about how we might make things more satisfactory, please get in touch at culture@cwservices.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&W Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight