C&W Services Employee Reviews

Great job just needs someone that can guide people in the right direcion
Vac Crew (Former Employee) –  Blair, NENovember 12, 2018
Work is good an constant going up in the company takes time but at certain positions like the one i was at had no room for growth. The work is hard and keeps you busy the whole day and they have alot of things that you can learn
I have made a lot of friends at the building I work at , they've changed companies due to the union but always kept the staff intact.
Light Tender (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2018
I made a lot of friends over the years but I'm trying to get a better paying job so I don't have to work two jobs every day that's 64 hours a week . I was referred by some license engineer to try this so I got my license .
Pros
Nice people to work with and to work for.
Cons
Catching a bus every day to get to work
We don't our people living in Silo's >.<
MHE II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2018
We share our Maintenance logs/Trouble Tickets, SLC1 has a very good knowledge base as does LGB3, However, every other facility that I attended their Tech 3's say this right to your face! and they still have a JOB. "I am a Tech 3...I do not clear jams and I dont work". My tool is the radio so I can call a REAL Technician. These idiots let them stay there and collect 30.00 an hour. Promotions are a joke. If you want to be promoted at C&W you have to wait for Amazon to open a new facility. Then you have to apply for the job just like jo-blo off the street. Just because you work there doesnt guarantee your appointment to say Tech 2 to a Tech 3 or a Tech 3 to an AMM. That doesnt bother me. What does bother me is that they promote who they want without regard to test scores or interviews.
Pros
Plenty of work, Travel, Politics
Cons
Have to wait for a new facility to open before you get promoted
Great work place with amazing people
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 13, 2018
I’ve been with C&W for 4 years. Amazing management as well as coworkers. A lot of opportunities came my way within that 4 years. Unfortunately, my contract at my site is ending in a few weeks.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive review, and for your service for four years. Have you visited our job listing to find out what other sites nearby may have openings, and worked with HR on the same? If we can be of help, please reach out via culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Its a good job.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Grambling, LAOctober 13, 2018
Its a good job, but you can't move up in the company. Which is fine for some. You also don't get raises at all to say u can't move up. The management is ok most of the time, but being on a contract changes things out the blue. Then the fact the contract is always being treated makes the job seem less reliable to a person who has to work full time to provide for their families.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your comments, and we're glad you feel your job with C&W Services is a good one - we couldn't agree more that the people like you who directly support our clients are the backbone of our business. We do have programs such as apprenticeships, training, and employee development to help people succeed in their careers. We're also involved in a mentoring program specifically for custodial staff, which will be launched by ISSA/Hygieia Network later this month. If you want more information on that program, please email culture@cwservices.com, and we will be sure to send you the information when the mentoring program begins.

C&W Services
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2018
Great place to work!! People are friendly and collaborative. Management is very helpful in getting tasks accomplished and care about their employees.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, and for your contributions to the team!

Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
It was a good job but needed more money.plus I had a baby so I don’t go back but cleaning was my thang I do it for a living.got paid every week but still wasn’t enough for my family.
Pros
Paid for lunch
Cons
Breaks
great place to work
CONTROL SYSTEM TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  san marcos texasOctober 2, 2018
safety oriented customer satisfaction oriented, training oriented,promoting within
education tuition assistance very organized vacations holidays sick leave
Pros
solid job
Cons
where i work 45 miles away from my home
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, particularly on our focus on safety, career paths, benefits, and customer orientation.

Not much room to grow
Facilities Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2018
13 years in the same position, many promises, only when they need you, but at the end nothing is true. Label it is something very common around here, just for some conveniences.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your contributions over more than a dozen years! We take your feedback seriously, and if you'd like to reach out confidentially with more details about how we might make things more satisfactory, please get in touch at culture@cwservices.com.

Very good benifets and paid regulary with no issues.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, OHSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed the job I did there, but being a 3rd Party Vendor means you are very low on the Clients Totem Pole with their upper management. Most of their people were very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Supportave
October 15, 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your tenure with C&W Services. It sounds like you've left the company, but we have many opportunities at cwservices.com/careers. We hope to see you again!

good company good benafits
Housekeeper/ Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 29, 2018
I have worked for c&w services almost 4 years. I enjoy cleaning ,working with a purpose, I enjoy my job a lot because I enjoy cleaning. I find it very rewarding. The company works with me if i need time off. They have good benefits, sick leave, personal days and vacation.
Pros
everyone is friendly
Cons
are not any
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your comments, and we're glad you feel your job with C&W Services is a good one - we couldn't agree more that the people like you who directly support our clients are the backbone of our business. Congratulations on your four years with the company. You might be interested in a mentoring program specifically for custodial staff, which will be launched by ISSA/Hygieia Network later this month. If you want more information on that program, please email culture@cwservices.com, and we will be sure to send you the information when the mentoring program begins.

Fast Paced
Area Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 22, 2018
Room to move up if you are willing. Learned many skills for the industry. Management is what you make of it as well as culture. The hiring process is a little tough. Do your job and you wont be monitored to much, just do the right thing.
August 27, 2018

We're glad you're finding your career to be rewarding and that you see room for advancement. Recruiting and hiring is so important to the company, and we're always trying to make the experience better. If there are specific ways you can suggest we improve, please send us a confidential email at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Loved my job loved the people there. Only thing i didnt really like about it is that i was afraid of heights and the boss was kind of rude about it
Grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 16, 2018
I was a grounds keeper which means I kept things clean and nice. Mowed weed eated take out trash clean up spills of corn products and such stuff. Liked the fast pace work made the time go by fast
Pros
Good people to be around
Cons
Didnt care for heights
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and for your work helping keep our client site in top shape!

Abusive Management
Facilities (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
Worked there for a few months. The manager I had on our client site (also a C&W employee) defines micromanagement. Treated their employees like suspects in a crime. Management drove down employee spirits and the turnover shows it. I am truly thankful, from a mental health standpoint, that I do not have to go back to that particular position ever again. In the past I've worked with companies for many years, and have been very loyal. Never in my life have I experienced horrible management like I had here. It truly affected my health- working under conditions like that.

Glad to be out of it.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. C&W Services is committed to a culture of mutual respect, integrity and safety. Every employee has a responsibility to understand the principles of Code of Conduct, which includes these principles:

We maintain a safe work culture and a workplace of mutual respect and trust.

We treat each other with respect and dignity.

We recognize value and exemplify ethical leadership at all levels of C&W Services.

Our written code of conduct includes the ability to contact local management, Legal and Compliance or Human Resources to report a suspected or actual claim, and an anonymous Ethics Helpline which can be reached at 1 866 873 9854.

We take your comments seriously and would like to better understand your concerns. If you prefer to reach out to our employee engagement team, we can be reached at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Productivity
Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 14, 2018
They do not pay employees enough but it is a fun workplace. Also liked the hours and days. and the citi employers are mean and nasty and they don’t take care of the work place
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Salary
Cheap
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 13, 2018
Workers are not taken seriously. C&W literally looks for something for nothing. Management is very unprofessional when it comes to managing. Favoritism and the break in the chain of command are very visible.
Pros
Nice work site
Cons
Everything else
Was a contractor
METROLOGY LEAD/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
I was a contractor for a company. We were permanently onsite. The customer was not happy having the duties outsourced. It was a unhealthy combination.
Very unprofessional
Supervisor/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
Management was horrible, lots of drama. No backup from upper management, including HR if it were a serious matter. Over all great pay and benefits, but everything else about the company horrible
Pros
All holidays off with pay, starting off you get 2 weeks Vcay plus 8 personal days and 3 sick days. Great benefits, exceptional pay!
Cons
Managers very immature, Company all around dealing from top management, to HR non responsive to important situations.
August 8, 2018

We maintain a safe work culture and a workplace of mutual respect and trust.

We treat each other with respect and dignity.

Quiet workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 5, 2018
This company started off with red flags. They hit you with so many titles and your only suppose to have one. Im currently having the role as Supervisor, Records Associate, Receptionist, Mailroom and Safety. I'm so under paid. My year anniversary came and I only got a .30cent raise. The turnover is very high and it's because of overload work with a very little pay. You can cannot make a life with this pay. Stay away!!!!!
Pros
Paid PTO
Cons
Very low pay and alot of work
August 7, 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to better understand your concerns. If you'd like to have a confidential conversation, please contact culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

miscommunication
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 1, 2018
lots of cleaning mopping sweeping cleaning class rooms and bathrooms 2 breaks one lunch I worked3rd shift went in at 9pm till 730 in the am 50 hr work week
August 7, 2018

We'd like to address your concern if we can, and to understand what you mean by "miscommunication." If you'd like to follow up, please email us at culture@cwservices.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&W Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight