C&W Services Employee Reviews

good company good benafits
Housekeeper/ Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 29, 2018
I have worked for c&w services almost 4 years. I enjoy cleaning ,working with a purpose, I enjoy my job a lot because I enjoy cleaning. I find it very rewarding. The company works with me if i need time off. They have good benefits, sick leave, personal days and vacation.
Pros
everyone is friendly
Cons
are not any
Fast Paced
Area Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 22, 2018
Room to move up if you are willing. Learned many skills for the industry. Management is what you make of it as well as culture. The hiring process is a little tough. Do your job and you wont be monitored to much, just do the right thing.
August 27, 2018

We're glad you're finding your career to be rewarding and that you see room for advancement. Recruiting and hiring is so important to the company, and we're always trying to make the experience better. If there are specific ways you can suggest we improve, please send us a confidential email at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Loved my job loved the people there. Only thing i didnt really like about it is that i was afraid of heights and the boss was kind of rude about it
Grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 16, 2018
I was a grounds keeper which means I kept things clean and nice. Mowed weed eated take out trash clean up spills of corn products and such stuff. Liked the fast pace work made the time go by fast
Pros
Good people to be around
Cons
Didnt care for heights
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and for your work helping keep our client site in top shape!

Abusive Management
Facilities (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
Worked there for a few months. The manager I had on our client site (also a C&W employee) defines micromanagement. Treated their employees like suspects in a crime. Management drove down employee spirits and the turnover shows it. I am truly thankful, from a mental health standpoint, that I do not have to go back to that particular position ever again. In the past I've worked with companies for many years, and have been very loyal. Never in my life have I experienced horrible management like I had here. It truly affected my health- working under conditions like that.

Glad to be out of it.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. C&W Services is committed to a culture of mutual respect, integrity and safety. Every employee has a responsibility to understand the principles of Code of Conduct, which includes these principles:

We treat each other with respect and dignity.

We recognize value and exemplify ethical leadership at all levels of C&W Services.

Our written code of conduct includes the ability to contact local management, Legal and Compliance or Human Resources to report a suspected or actual claim, and an anonymous Ethics Helpline which can be reached at 1 866 873 9854.

We take your comments seriously and would like to better understand your concerns. If you prefer to reach out to our employee engagement team, we can be reached at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

Productivity
Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 14, 2018
They do not pay employees enough but it is a fun workplace. Also liked the hours and days. and the citi employers are mean and nasty and they don’t take care of the work place
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Salary
Cheap
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 13, 2018
Workers are not taken seriously. C&W literally looks for something for nothing. Management is very unprofessional when it comes to managing. Favoritism and the break in the chain of command are very visible.
Pros
Nice work site
Cons
Everything else
Was a contractor
METROLOGY LEAD/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
I was a contractor for a company. We were permanently onsite. The customer was not happy having the duties outsourced. It was a unhealthy combination.
Very unprofessional
Supervisor/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
Management was horrible, lots of drama. No backup from upper management, including HR if it were a serious matter. Over all great pay and benefits, but everything else about the company horrible
Pros
All holidays off with pay, starting off you get 2 weeks Vcay plus 8 personal days and 3 sick days. Great benefits, exceptional pay!
Cons
Managers very immature, Company all around dealing from top management, to HR non responsive to important situations.

Quiet workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 5, 2018
This company started off with red flags. They hit you with so many titles and your only suppose to have one. Im currently having the role as Supervisor, Records Associate, Receptionist, Mailroom and Safety. I'm so under paid. My year anniversary came and I only got a .30cent raise. The turnover is very high and it's because of overload work with a very little pay. You can cannot make a life with this pay. Stay away!!!!!
Pros
Paid PTO
Cons
Very low pay and alot of work
August 7, 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to better understand your concerns. If you'd like to have a confidential conversation, please contact culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

miscommunication
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 1, 2018
lots of cleaning mopping sweeping cleaning class rooms and bathrooms 2 breaks one lunch I worked3rd shift went in at 9pm till 730 in the am 50 hr work week
August 7, 2018

We'd like to address your concern if we can, and to understand what you mean by "miscommunication." If you'd like to follow up, please email us at culture@cwservices.com.

It used to be fun to work for C&W Services
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 26, 2018
It used to be fun to work for this company. However, after so many mergers and acquisitions, it lost its culture to become a hybrid, colorless organization. The organization became very heavy at the top; all White males and the occasional White female. Work load is extreme and the competitive salary does not make it worth while to stay.
Cons
Extreme workload, no commitment to diversity. Company is a good old boy club. No career path, no succession planning, no mobility.
August 8, 2018

The company did go through a lot of M&A activity several years ago, but when we relaunched as C&W Services in 2015, we committed to building a brand that puts our people front and center. One of the best parts of being on the employee engagement team at C&W Services is telling the stories on our blog and our social media about the dedicated people who create great service experiences for our customers every day. We post 2-3 stories a week at cwservices.com/blog, and they reflect the immense diversity of an organization that is 14,000 people strong and that values those people.

Good company to work for
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 26, 2018
I was a lead technician with C &W services for almost three years before moving on, no issues with the company at all. I opted for another position due to the clients 24/7 operating status and the constant calls and demands, I was my own boss with a regional manager and liked that scenario.
August 7, 2018

We're glad you had a positive experience, and hope you'll return to the company! Please keep an eye on listings at cwservices.com/careers or reach out to us at culture@cwservices.com if there's a role that might better fit your needs. Thank you!

Nice environment, friendly people
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJuly 25, 2018
At first, I really enjoyed my job. It was easy, great hours. Culture is good, friendly people, nice environment. The hardest part of the job is having to do 2 full time jobs myself instead of one.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Very low pay, no communication or organization
August 7, 2018

Communicating with employees at client sites is a priority for us, and we're always looking for ideas on how to do it better. If you'd like to share your ideas, please reach out to us at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

High stress and hard work in difficult work areas
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2018
Metrology performs calibrations on equipment in very difficult areas to reach/access. We are on the roof. In crawl spaces in the ceiling under air handlers on top of very hot ovens in many confined work spaces. We are treated as contractors and expected to accomplish over 400 calibrations/month between 3 Technicians. When we do not accomplish the numbers we are viewed as failures by management. We work very hard each month but our hard work and efforts go unnoticed. Very low morale. We just recently lost another Technician so now we are down to two Technicians. Their expectations are unrealistic because none of our management understands what we do or what we go through.
Pros
The production Team really appreciates us.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations/ no flexibility messed up PTO accrual

We treat each other with respect and dignity.

Keep head down endure the abuse and you will get a pay check
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 23, 2018
If you endure the abuse management daily hands out and upper management is aware of that makes everyone afraid to say anything about it when people come in to question you about it no one will stand up and say anything or the abuse is directed to you until you are pushed out too
Pros
Keep your head down and endure the every day abuse by management and you will get a check
Cons
Daily abuse by management that upper management knows about and dose nothing about

great
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2018
It a good company, the management are flexible with the hours, the only part is that the job are temporary, you get to learn a lot new things, i enjoyed working with them
August 7, 2018

We're glad you had a good experience. If you'd like to explore full time employment, please look at careers@cwservices.com for open positions, or reach out to culture@cwservices.com and we'll connect you with the right talent acquisition team. Thank you!

Solid Company with wonderful people.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034July 6, 2018
This is a solid company with great people. Unfortunately, at the site level there is not much room for advancement and you are fighting for your job every three years as contracts come up for renegotiation. While C&W Services fights for contracts on the basis of quality and cost, often customer's are just looking at cost.
Pros
Great people, ethical, good benefits & pay
Cons
lack of job security, lack of advancement
July 10, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments about our people, ethics and compensation -- and our focus on the quality of service we provide not just the cost. Many of our clients are longstanding customers as a result, even when they are required to rebid contracts as part of their regulatory compliance or procurement policies. We're glad to have you on the team!

safety first and do it right the first time
mechanic (Former Employee) –  White, GAJuly 5, 2018
This is a good job with pay fair for the work excepted. It is however a contract company and could be out bid or just fired at any time without a notic.
July 10, 2018

We are extremely proud of our safety record, and thank you and all employees past and present who help keep our workplaces safe every day.

great company to stay
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRJuly 4, 2018
Excellent professional organization, people oriented, customer service is the priority. Salary is very competitive, good set of benefits, opportunity for professional growth
July 10, 2018

We're so glad your experience with C&W Services is such a positive reflection of what we try to be as an employer every day! Glad to have you on the team!

Fast multi tasking job
Sr. Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJune 25, 2018
I love my job doing what I do. My days go by quick as I am always busy and the days are never the same. Everyday is a learning experience. Management help support the employees to advance.
June 26, 2018

We're very glad to hear you love what you do! C&W Services features employees on our web site (https://cwservices.com/blog). We'd love to learn more about what you do on a daily basis and include you on our web site. Please reach out to me via culture@cwservices.com with your contact information if you're interested. Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&W Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight