C&W Services
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

C&W Services Employee Reviews

C&W Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great management

Featured review

C&W Services selected this as a representative review
Recruiter reached out, we scheduled an interview and testing session, they made an offer, I accepted and began work there with a great team.But, I naively accepted an offer from another company overseas doing electrical work for twice the C&W salary and left C&W.As it turned out, the new job was a terrible fit.I'd love to go back to C&W.

Pros

Nothing but positive things at C&W

Cons

No negative aspects at C&W

The Eddyville branch is not people oriented

I would not recommend going to work for that company. They take and take from their employees until they are utterly used up then they kick them to the curb like yesterdays garbage.

Cons

Very poor benefits and very expensive

The Pros, Cons of working for C&W

The Manager I work under is fair and honest. Site supervisor is Good. You must watch your own back, do your work. While I've heard a wise man once say that without a backbone you can't inforce or make decisions without consciences. No matter how hard you work, they always expect more work out of the workers. I've watched certain workers "Work from Home" While the rest are stuck going to site and working definitely don't agree with those decisions.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, On call Pay, Overtime, Management, Site Safety Team

Cons

Room for Improvements. Pay, Overtime Always Available

Just like any job has ups and downs

Working as a 3p is difficult at times. This company as a whole is ok. The benefits are fair but not great. The pay is excellent for the area. Management is lacking like pretty much all jobs. Management cannot help or assist you preform your job as they have no technical abilities. When will companies figure out that just because you can supposedly manage "people", doesn't qualify you to be any type of manager.

Pros

Free lunches, bonus program. Overtime if you want it.

Cons

Healthcare is okay at best, being a 3p in someone else's buisness is not good.

October 7, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We value and consider all of our employees’ experiences, and we’d like to find a way to address these issues. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to learning more about your situation.

This is a great company in todays market

This is just like any other company it is dependent on their middle management leaders. I have worked for them now for two years and I have had 4 managers. The First was the best manager I have worked for since I retired from Navy 21 years ago. The Next two were well lets say if I still worked for them this rating would not be as many stars and the 4 is a a great manager also lets you know what is expected holds you accountable but does not micro-manage. So for me it comes to management it's like any other job you have good ones and bad ones. CWS is batting 500 with me and thats a pretty good average in todays market.

Pros

no overtime, 10hr days, 3 days off every week

Cons

HR is kinda of a pain all done on web

October 7, 2021
We’re so glad that you took time out of your busy day to write this review. We always love to hear from our employees, and we’re thrilled that you’re having a good experience at our firm. If anything ever changes, please feel free to contact us at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you again for writing such a positive review.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Understaffed and Expecting of Hustle

I worked in BEECH ISLAND, SC under a temp agency. Temps get paid more than settled employees. They are understaffed (management and employee team). I was the only individual on my shift assigned to cleaning the main hallway (estm. 7 basketball court long). This also included office spaces with more than 30 cubicles in some cases, and multiple washrooms. At all times a contact person on site should have been available, but wasn't

Pros

Good supplies, fast reup

Cons

Understaffed. Uninformed.

October 7, 2021
We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to learn more about your situation. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com, and I will get back to you promptly. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope we can make things better. Thank you for reaching out!

excelente

muy bueno ya llevo 2 años alli tienen todo los beneficios

October 7, 2021

not bad, if the higher ups learn.

This company's hr is always jumping around with answers. It took several employee's weeks to receive their pay, while managers always had a excuse as to why things were the way they were. The pay is good, but always a carrot in front of the horse situation. Also of false promises when they have almost lost the contract on 3 different occasions.

Pros

when you get paid, its not bad money

Cons

They hire monkeys if they could to fill numbers

August 13, 2021
We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to learn more about your situation. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.comand I will get back to you promptly. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope we can make things better. Thank you for reaching out!

Great leadership and always opportunities for advancement with flexible schedules

Overall I enjoy working at C&W services, been working for two years already first started nights then within 6 months was able to move to first shift. Pay is great and vacation. Really satisfied with my career at C&W services.

Pros

Vacation, floating holidays, sick time, personal time all available.

Cons

Building can be loud in some areas.

August 13, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate hearing from our employees, and we’re glad that you enjoyed working here. If you have any friends or family who are looking for their next opportunity, we hope that you’ll point them toward our careers page at https://careers.cushmanwakefield.com/cwservices/global/en.Thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review.

Low pay alot of work

You are paid on the low side and expected to do so much work in return. There is some flexibility in schedule when you need time to goto any appointments with a chance for overtime to make up the hours so that is a good thing and I appreciate that.

August 13, 2021
We’re sorry that you encountered these issues, and we’re dedicated to trying to solve them in the future. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to working with you to learn more about your situation.

Hard work and no recognition

The staff was great to work with, but upper management has some issues. I didn't like the micro-managing at all. Otherwise then that it a good environment to work in.

August 13, 2021
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a negative experience, and we want to find a way to make things right. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you for taking the time to write. Hopefully we can find a way to address this problem together.

People with experience, good old boys club there.

The money is good for what you do but working with someone that has no experience is taking on all the repairs yourself. No training for young people to learn about being a maintenance tech.

Pros

No supervisor on site.

Cons

Try taking vacation.

August 13, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our firm. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to try to address some of your complaints. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Job security

Ok place to work. There is job security is you do your job. Management can be better, seem a bit slow with decision making. Overall not a bad place to work, plenty of room to grow if you so desire.

OK place to work

Management is iffy. Pay is just ok. Company has a very “client-first” attitude, no matter how unreasonable/impossible the client is being. Remote work is a plus.

August 13, 2021

Not a bad place if you want a paycheck

A good place to start out and learn. Mostly just troubleshoot conveyor systems or doing PM's. Show up to work and try to do your job and learn new things, they won't have a problem with you.

Pros

OT usually isn't required. Dependable paycheck.

Cons

Management, No HR onsite.

August 13, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We value and consider all of our employees’ experiences, and we’d like to find a way to address these issues. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.comI look forward to learning more about your situation.

Poor communication/ no teamwork with management

No communication between C&W management and employees. Superintendent of the supervisors dares you to quit if you question him. He will actively seek conflict with employees on the shop floor in front of everyone. It has happened on multiple occasions with no disciplinary actions ever taken. This has created a hostile work environment with the feeling of not feeling valued. yearly raise never comes yearly, and is never retro paid no matter the time passed. The only good things about working here are the vacation time and the downtime in between jobs because of very extended and prolonged permitting and paperwork needed to start certain work.

Pros

Vacation

Cons

Management, strict safety rules

August 13, 2021

Normalmente el trabajo de una compañía estrictos

mi forma de hablar de comunicarme con los demás de tratar a los demás

Pros

solamente de trabajo

Cons

si hay 15 primero luego lunche de 30 minutos y luego otro descanso de 15 minutos

August 13, 2021

Underpaid with no chance to succeed

The lack of employees and resources ensured that no goals will ever be met. Terrible employees aren't reprimanded, and great employees are never rewarded.

April 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our firm. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to try to address some of your complaints. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Good room for growth, but learn to ask good questions

How good your immediate manager is will vary some, but overall there is support to grow, to learn new things and from mistakes. Environment (at Amazon) is fast paced and intimidating at first, but there is room to learn from mistakes if one isn't afraid to step out into new and unfamiliar spaces.

Pros

New challenges every week, good team to work with

Cons

Odd work hours, difficulty in transitioning to different shifts

Love the company

I see a lot of good and bad reviews about C&W which is understandable because the company is 3rd party to other big companies. So not every employee is the same and are restricted to who the company to working for. But for me it a Great company to work for as stated in other review 401k is 100% vested day one. on my end weekly pay and i get paid well 10 hour shifts with 3 days off is a plus. Management is ok could be a bit better. I haven’t had the best luck getting in touch with HR but eventually got through and got what needed to be done done. Over all Solid company and the best I’ve worked for so far.

Pros

401K, Affordable insurance, Decent pay

Cons

Short Breaks, On Boarding process is lacking, Upper Management

April 26, 2021

Nothing good to say about Eddyville, Iowa C&W. RUN!

If you like not having managers that don't care or hours that doesn't care about family. This is the place for you. Have never worked for a company that is out to release people for something out of there control.

April 5, 2021
We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to learn more about your situation. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com, and we will get back to you promptly. Thank you for reaching out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&W Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.5Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight