C & K INDUSTRIAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Needs new management.
Mechanical Repairer, Laborer, Builder (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 4, 2018
The whole company needs to be structured from top to the bottom the payrate is not enough the job requires a lot of lifting confined spaces made it stressful to work.
Cons
I was able to use my educational background in safety construction.
Operations/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 26, 2017
After finding out my educational background in safety I was sent to locations to manage several crews in all aspects of safety. I was able to oversee the construction projects in large power plants across the Midwest. At the beginning of each day I had to give safety briefings to each of the crews. Throughout the day I was also responsible for safety audits and making sure we were in compliance with the federal, state, and local authorities. The hardest part of the job was working in extreme temperatures. What I enjoyed the most was being able to interact with the employees on a regular basis.
Pros
Though I did the work, I never got a chance to advance within the company.
Very long hours and holidays 12 hr shifts but outstanding pay
CDL Operator/Labor Industrial Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2016
If you like to work long hours weekends and holidays but you got Thanksgiving Xmas off. You work 12 on and 12 off. 7 days a week for 2 or sometimes 3 weeks at a time. The equipment is substandard to say the least, its maintained when it breaks down. I did get along with my co workers as there is a pecking order. CDL Operator Is higher on the order then laborer but we all worked worked very well together. Work is very dirty and dangerous but they do give you proper training and safety equipment, as if they did not you could die. Pay is every 2 weeks and the pay was outstanding, but you about live at there. you have no problems paying your bills, mortgage rent utilities etc and have plenty left over unless you are stupid and gamble shop too much etc.. My take home was outstanding. But you work for it. It is heavy industrial work!!!
Pros
Pay was very good
Cons
No home life and I mean about none
This company need structure and organization.
Plant/Sewer Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2014
This company needs a lot of work from new equipment to new trucks.
Not family friendly- No time to spend with my wife and children
CDL / Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHDecember 11, 2013
A typical day starts out with me being at work at least one half hour early. There were no regular starting times. I would have to be there at 2:00am,4:00am,6:00am,7:00am,or 12:00am. I would have to stay out of town 1-2 weeks at a time and when I did come back to Cincinnati I would still be scheduled to work weekends, which did not leave me much time to spend with my family or to prepare for my upcoming week. I learned how to supervise a large crew. I did not feel that the management was very good, it was actually quite bad. I had good co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and the number of flights of stairs we had to carry our hoses and equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a day off.
Pros
Free uniform cleaning
Cons
Working long hours too many days in a row
good job pay well and room toadvance
Laborer / Non CDL Operator (Former Employee) –  Masontown, PAJuly 6, 2013
well paying job, good work environment very hands on great place to work
Pros
well paid. coworkers, independence
Productive and enjoyable environment
Supervisor/Operator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 1, 2012
This job requires a lot of physical stamina and energy which tends to "thin out" the employees that don't like a fast-paced work environment. I enjoy it and tend to excel in this area.
Pros
extensive training and certifications in different areas
Cons
a lot of turn over with the crews.
its a decent place..
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2012
a typical day at work usually has to do with meeting at the shop ,loading our supplies,and leaving for our location to go clean up industrial waste and spills, i learned that this job is dangerous, being around machines and vac trucks. and also high power water blasters. safety is always our key practice.we all want to go home safe..my co workers are awesome,they are very willing to help and teach you how to use the equipment they way its needed to be used.safely.hardest part of this job is setting up and breaking down of all the equipment.as with any job, the most enjoyable part about is going home when the work day is done.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
the scheduling isnt done on a weekly basis. its put up daily.