C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

n/a
Carrier Sales Representative - Temp Controlled (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 18, 2019
I don't have a review to give for the company. It was a great start to a career but other than that its smart to work there then leave to progress your career.
C.H. Robinson
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Greater Los Angeles AreaFebruary 16, 2019
Working for C.H. Robinson has been a mixed bag. The industry provides a high stress environment and the company does a poor job of insulating its employees from that. They do provide industry standard benefits and great name recognition in the industry. There is limited room for growth internally as they are moving to leaner management opportunities . The company like so many others is becoming more flat as organization and pushing automation to fill the gaps.
Entry Writer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2019
I have enjoyed my time working at C.H. Robinson. I have been provided the opportunity to learn and grow in my position. I like the casual atmosphere and the people I work with.
Great Company
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2019
CH Robinson is a great place to work. The company cares about its employees and helps them to succeed in the logistics industry. The management staff work with you and not against you.
Overview
SALES EXECUTIVE & ACCOUNT MGR (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 6, 2019
Great culture, people, and realistic management. Excellent facilities, would go back if given the opportunity. Work hard, play mentality. Advance app's.
Pros
Facilities, Mgmt, Colleagues
Cons
Meetings taking away from D2D Responsibilities
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2019
Very strict with attendance. They have a high turn over rate because of attendance. They don't take care of their employees. if you don't care out management not caring about you then go work there.
Awful Team Lead and Supervisor
Logistics Coordinator, FT (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 4, 2019
My team lead and direct report successfully created a work environment where workers felt unprepared, unequipped, unsupported, and undervalued. This was truly a meat grinder of a work place. I was shown quickly that I was replaceable, and while still in the first two months of work, was not being supported or counseled on improving efficiency and accuracy of work, then shamed for not being an effective team member.
My two supervisors made the work place uncomfortable, undervalued their employees, were not attentive or helpful beyond initial training, and then critical, patronizing, and shaming when a question was asked.
The culture of this team in particular stood in stark contrast to other teams and team leads who seemed to actually value their employees. CH Robinson isn't bad from top down. But the LTL Cold appointments team has an individual in charge who is not a leader, barely kind, and while knowledgeable, is committed, interested, and values the completely incorrect facets of the job.
This person does not lead. Does not inspire. And only "manages" in the very technical sense.
Pros
Lots of windows
Cons
terrible management
Good first job out of college
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2019
The most enjoyable part of this job is the friends you'll make as the building hosts 1000+ employees. The hardest part of this job is your mistakes will be amplified while your successes are overlooked.
Pros
New building
Cons
Little to no room for substantial career advancement, undesirable location far from CTA train lines
Typical 3PL
Global Forwarding Agent (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 31, 2019
Overall good starting point to enter Logistics industry. Outstanding technology platform & systems. Workload can be overwhelming at times, could use better emphasis on training and communications.
Pros
Great break room, activities and job culture
Cons
Lacking in communication from management.
Not my favorite
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 30, 2019
I have a lot of issues with CHR. Benefits are good, but that's about it. Lots of turnover. Management needs some improving. My department grew too fast so I feel more like a number than a member of the team.

Want to know more about C.H. Robinson?

Ask a question
Memphis Branch
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2019
CH Robinson was a good company (3 out of 5) overall to work for. The Memphis branch does not provide much career and personal development compared to their corporate philosophy.

Benefits like health and PTO were generous. Maternity leave is currently (as of 2019) 10 weeks at 100% paid and paternity leave is 2 weeks at 100% paid.

It was a good place to work with a limited ceiling at the Memphis branch for advancement. The lowest tier role for the customer group is Account Coordinator with advancement potential to Account Manager > Key Account Manager. Limited supervisory positions and only two management positions currently. They have three groups in Memphis: customer group, carrier group, and LTL.

I'd recommend people working for CH Robinson if you're looking for a logistics career with autonomy. If you're someone that needs on the job training and hands-on training, you might look elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits and culture
Cons
Limited local training and not much room for advancement past Account Manager
Productive and Fun place to work with a ping pong table.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 25, 2019
I enjoyed my time learning and growing with this company. It is a fast paced environment with a young atmosphere. Everyday there was a pleasure and a blessing.
Enjoy it, but wish I was paid better
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 24, 2019
I really like the company and the branch I work for, but it is really hard to see advancement which is why there is a high turnover rate. I do a lot more work than I am paid for and wish advancement was quicker than it is
Great company.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 24, 2019
Great company with great benefits. Opportunity for growth if you are persistent. Pay is good and management is great. Always willing to help you out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
None.
Not bad overall
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Intensely positive corporate culture. They oversell the benefits and career planning a bit. Almost every job included being on the phone constantly. Bad customers were given to newer employees to push growth. Bonuses were discretionary (this was a few years ago) and not tied directly to any sales or quantified. Worked there for base salary with no bonus for the first year on the agreement. Ended up leaving before that year was done. Some people who had several years in were doing well with bonuses. Many days you stay late. Almost every day everyone started pretty early. Sales targets weren't that reasonable or attainable. Competition and claims from dominant branches makes things difficult and has caused some consolidation between offices.
Pros
Decent ERP. Branch management shelled out for some lunches and group events, mostly positive reasonable people are hired, corporate training in MN is great if you get picked to go
Cons
Angry customers over issues you can't control or fix with freight carriers. Some long days.
Your co-workers will stress you out
Operations Representative 4 (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 22, 2019
Office environment is gossipy, unprofessional. I liked there was never "down-time", the phones are always ringing and there are always several hundred unanswered emails. Though, you aren't ever just left alone to work; people are always spreading there negativity around. It's uncomfortable. Not a team atmosphere.
Great place to start
Account Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2019
Interning at CH gave me the opportunity to get my foot in the door in an industry that, at first, I had very little interest in. As an intern, they provided me with a mentor within account management that cared and taught me a lot about the transportation industry.
Pros
Field trips, development, little micromanagement
Cons
Little constructive criticism, unclear feedback
Good work place.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 22, 2019
Willing to work well with others. They are flexible with hours and motivated to help you move up. If one struggles, they give great constructive criticism and help you achieve your goal.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 22, 2019
There are many opportunities with this company. As long as you do your job management will let you do it with minimal interaction. You must prove that you are capable to do the job though. Overall, I loved working for them.
Not a good place to work
Ocean Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 18, 2019
Horrible management, horrible system to work on, management doesnt care about their employees. I would not recommend working here. Alot of 2 faced phony unprofessional people which makes it a very uncomfortable atmosphere to work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight