C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

United States1,354 reviews

Found 1,354 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,462 reviews
chrbenefitlogisticscustomcarriersaletrainaccount

Steady work with no real advancement

Your effort, results, and initiative mean nothing, but you will constantly be told of new opportunities, that are seemingly somewhere off in the distant future.I believed in the company for years and became a team lead with much more responsibility. Our office posted stellar financial results, which I was excited for. I thought it meant my increasing responsibility would be rewarded, but my manager tried to pass off this year's routine inflationary raise as "well deserved". It was insulting to say the least.Apply to CH Robinson if you want steady low-income work with no future. You will be in the same position for years until you are sick of it.

Poor Leadership

After working here for 2 months I can see that you’re not treated like the others. New hire gets trained on new things before me. Can’t even take my 15 minute break without worrying about leadership getting on to you. They don’t care about the health of others. Promise you something but ends up being a lie. Horrible communication and I end up apologizing for their miscommunication. I don’t recommend this job to anyone not even my worst enemy.

C.H. Robinson insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun workplace with pin pong table

a typical day at work: 8AM - 5PMwhat you learned - logisticsmanagement - fairworkplace culture - balancedthe hardest part of the job - time managementthe most enjoyable part of the job - coworkers

Run for your life

Horrible Inept management- they think that running a department is treating associates like robots running reports and micromanaging everything down to when you use the bathroom. Don’t work here if you are independent self sufficient and work at your own pace, they don’t care if you get your work done or handle all of their complicated accounts that they have no idea how to run… they will still ask you hey why can’t you do more ? They don’t appreciate any of their entry writers. If you want to be appreciated and treated like a human at work, please do not apply here. They will hire anyone because the turn over is so high everyone quits. Pay is terrible and they will give you work for three people. Every time someone quits (which is very often) they distribute their accounts to all of the entry writers, then they hire more people and never take the accounts back even though they tell you it’s only temporary. They lie all the time about everything. New people never last here either… management is ice cold emotionless and wants to keep everyone down and fearing of losing their jobs constantly. Very toxic and cutthroat environment. The only way you will ever advance here is if you are friends or related to someone in management. They do their best to keep you down and suffocated in a state of fear at all times. Many people will throw you under the bus here quickly in order to be favored by management. extremely low morale and a very dog eat dog environment. The only people treated like human beings are those in management and the sales team and account managers.

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Pay, benefits, management, work load, environment

Good to start

Every day is different. Workload can vary, but can be overwhelming. Pay is on the lower end. There are opportunities to learn, but the workload can prevent you from taking advantage of it.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Low pay, poor work life balance

Poor Leadership

Typical desk job

If you’re an operations rep you’ll just get treated like dirt. Only roles that get respect are Account Managers and up. Fine if you want a boring desk job. Better experience if you’re a man.

Pros

Occasional free lunches

Cons

Sexism, favoritism, lack of growth

Fast-paced pallet picking of dry goods

The company’s functions (like product demand and supply) can affect your rate, then they blame you. The labor is tough because you’re picking pallet-sized orders of dry goods from all over your section of the warehouse, which is kind of disorganized. You just have to memorize how all the barcode locations are laid out. You use an electric pallet jack from a fleet of jacks of varying quality, age, and degradation. If you have a slower pallet jack, you have a slower rate. No visible headphones allowed. Because of the fast-paced environment, you have to be careful of their many forklifts moving hurriedly through the same corridors as you. Decent pay, but that’s about the only pro.

Pros

Decent pay, automatic pallet wrapping machines

Cons

Dangerous, Short breaks, no benefits, random drug screens

Great entry level sales job.

Great entry level sales job. Name will look great on your resume and recruiters will contact you. Learn sales skills, cold calling, prospecting, etc.

No growth

They have no structure and they rather bring their own friends and family to do jobs or take positions from others who are doing the job already I was in a similar situation I was doing inventory for 5 months when the position came open for lead gave it to his friend who had no experience and matter of fact just got out of prison so that's how I feel about the situation

Pros

Cons

Yeah they have you doing the work and then give somebody else position

Fast paced

Fast work environment many good people but lots of favoritism.Only need you when short handed or when orders need to be completed overtime is not often but only limited to 45 hours if 40 hrs you can be sent home.

Bad Management, bad work environment.

You won't be long working here. Don't have an opinion or disagree with management otherwise you're written up. Don't be sick or you're told you're taking too much time off. And if you do your job, they will keep dumping on you until you are so overloaded you can't deal, but let the "favorities" do what they want. No training, no encouragment. No one has your back!!!!

Great place to get experience

They did not have great pay starting out and is very hard to advance in your career. often times you would not get the raises that you want and can barely afford things if you live in expensive states

Great place to work but sometimes stressful and no opportunities

Great place to work, the company culture and job environment is excellent but sometimes operations can be stressful, and there is no career advancement.

Pros

Work Environment is great

Cons

No career opportunities

Flexible teams.

CHR is an okay place to start your career. It is a fast-paced environment, with limited training. Many teams are flexible and do not micromanage as long as you handle your responsibilities. There are many opportunities within the company.

Work is slow you rarley get a full 40 hours at least on 3rd. shift.

Difficult due to its lack of organization and the various shifts don't work together. Management rarely has your back. When it comes to things related to the job.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Horriable managment staff.

I worked for them in 2017 . .

I came into this job not knowing all the rules for missing work. When I started the job I had clearly let management know my medical issues in the past, which included kidney problems. My biggest issue with this job is they did not give any wiggle room for medical issues within your first year. I understand FMLA doesn't start until you have been with a company for a year, however I was not expecting the fact that CHR did not accept doctors notes. I have chronic pain issues, as well as kidney issues, so my PTO was used up when I had to be out for a week with sciatica issue, which I was hospitalized for, then another week was used up when I had kidney issues. It's unfortunate because I made decent money, but when I called in sick for something else months later, I was unable to. I was told to either come in sick or they were letting me go. The management at the time had told me they were going to work with me to find a way that I could stay on and get more hours, HR talked to me and everything, but nothing ever panned out so when I was told being hospitalized didn't matter, it was disheartening. I really enjoyed my coworkers, but I worked a tough after-hours gig. It's just too bad I couldn't trust management to keep their word on helping me through so that I could still have time off when I had bad medical stuff come up. It is hard when people don't come first.

Pros

Coworkers, Team Outings, Training, Pay

Cons

Distance, Hours, Dynamic, Favoritism

Had favoritism and harassed by the men but overall a good company

My manager switch my department and had no idea what she was doing. Coworkers were great. Everyone had a good sense of urgency. Management unprofessional. Would curse out employees. Unprofessional

Pros

Good company

Great place

After graduating college I took this job. It has been great you can choose to work from home or go into the office. I go in 2-3 days a week with other people on my team and it’s great. Everyone is awesome from team to managers everyone wants you to do great! The job itself is not easy and takes months to understand if you have no background but everyone is super helpful and I’ve really learned a lot. Pay is decent could be a little better, but it will come with time. Benefits are great as well. Job can be very stressful at times depending on the account they put you on but everyone will help you out (or they do on my account) overall I plan on staying with this company for the long run. I do also work long hours but that is my choice.

Pros

Everyone I work with, management, perks, culture

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Buen ambiente de trabajo , con cierta flexibilidad

Trabajo desde casa la empresa te proporciona tus herramienta de trabajo solo falta una mejor organización y dirección por parte del supervisor de operaciones y tener una mejor forma de comunicar las cosas

Pros

Una buena empresa para aprender sobre la logística

Cons

No tienes hora de lunch, No pagan los días feriados como marca la ley. El bono es por año

Easy to burn out, easy to get overloaded with work.

Get ready to be overworked. Also be prepared for everyone at the company to tell you its not their problem when you ask for help, but its not the employees fault (its corporate culture). Nice people, but terrible policies and procedures.

Pros

PTO is a plus

Cons

you are defined by number outputs (not quality of work)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare C.H. Robinson with

• C.H. Robinson
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?