C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

working enviroment
Entry Writer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
new management has been set in place in the last six months, with that being said it will take time to reach the goal that has been set back for several reasons but there is a positive out look.
Very genuine company with great people
Transportation, Logistics, and Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 10, 2018
I was an intern, but I was still treated like a full employee. I loved the work culture of the office I was at and I could see that the entire company faithfully followed the company's mission. Even if people were having a bad day or didn't particularly love their job, they always put in 110% into what they were doing.
Pros
Great work culture, lots of commission incentives, employee recognition programs
Cons
work life balance can be difficult during peak seasons
This isn't a job its high school all over again
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 10, 2018
Not somewhere you want to work if your serious about a job and advancing in your career. It feels like high school all over again with gossip and favoritism. I've heard and seen coworkers talking about people who are shown around when they come in for interviews and if your part of the favorite employees you can send endless Skype IM messages, "brunch breaks" (then also a lunch break), 15 min bathroom breaks, being on your cellphone with out being told anything. Keep in mind if your one of the favorites but if your not your are watched like a hawk and also have the "favorite employees" tell on your if your not working every single second of your shift. I don't recommend, but apply at your own risk.
Pros
work hours
Cons
Favoritism, gossip, feeling replaceable
Great people for the most part
CALL CENTER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2018
Great benefits and good causes. Teamwork is pushed hard and i enjoy how philanthropic they are. They work with you on your schedule if able. Friendly smiling faces
Pros
Doughnuts
Cons
Communication
unprofessional atmosphere, loud & distracting throughout department
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 6, 2018
Training was a joke - completed web-based tutorials at my desk. It was loud all around me and it was hard to focus. I never felt like I knew as much as I should have and it was difficult to get assistance, most of the time. I never felt like I could go to a supervisor and the person tasked with assisting me preferred to pretend I wasn't there. I struggled, a lot, trying to figure things out. Making $14 an hour and having to pay for benefits, driving an hour each direction and hating being there made the decision to move on easy.
The department I was in was near training rooms and loads of employees, mostly new, from all over the Midwest would spend days, with free lunch and bussed from hotels, getting training. It was kind of like rubbing salt in a wound. Good riddance.
Pros
I liked my manager & some of the people, I liked the feeling of satisfaction when things worked, it was nice feeling like everyone was really interested in doing a good job, overall really smart, competent people
Cons
Lack of training, not enough money for the amount of stress
Not a very nice place to work and grow...very intensively stressing!
Shipment Information /Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Very prejudice place to work for....they do not advance you based on skills ...they advance you based on who you know! I wiould not recommend anyone for this company
Top notch company. Truly embodies their message of accelerating your advantage.
Associate Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 5, 2018
Excellent people and company as a whole. Best Logistics company to work for.. Training and the opportunities for continual growth is not only encouraged but accessible from the recruiters to individual branch managers and employees
Pros
Great Company
Cons
I honestly can't say i found any cons
Thanks, but no thanks
LTL /Specialized Quotes Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
It's an okay job to get out there in the job force, but I would not recommend making this company a true career home to retire from. You will not remain the same or recognize yourself! The overall feel is that women are not capable. The ones that strive to prove that they are turn out to be just cruel! The job can be so draining and fruitless at times.
Challenging and fast paced
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WISeptember 5, 2018
Excellent place to have a career. Need higher pay, but overall experience was good. The culture is great, and the fast paced action and competition makes the day go by fast.
revolving door
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Don't necessarily get paid or get the advancement for hard work. Good benefits and mostly good management. I got sick while i was employed there and got pregnant and they were unsympathetic to my situation. My work ethic was great, i trained multiple employees while there and got several raises and bonuses. I feel like i was given a raw deal. Wouldn't recommend to others unless seriously in need of a job!

Want to know more about C.H. Robinson?

Ask a question
Sell, Sell, Sell
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 2, 2018
Typical 3PL environment whose sole purpose is new sales. Current customer's are important however making new sales are more so.
If you like being micro managed then operations or customer service is the place to be.
The sales and AC positions are the only positions where one is treated like an adult that understands why you show up everyday. Learning is done with respect and guidance.Unlike the operation and CS side where learning and skill enhancement is non existent hence the turnover rate.
Pros
Great benefit package. If you rock at cold calls and sales..sign-up!
Cons
Making new customers is more important then preserving current ones.
Review Summary
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2018
The company as a whole is a mixed bag, it really matters which office you work in as far as the quality of your working life is concerned. I enjoyed my time at the Chicago Central location.
Bad place to work
Shipping/receiving coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
Worst management ever in Chicago office. Unfair treatment of employees based off managers personal opinion of employees. Uncomfortable work environment. Manager gives raises based off how much she likes you not your work production. Worst job I’ve ever had
Pros
Easy hiring process
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, unfair work environment
IT is very different than the business side
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 27, 2018
Would highly recommend working here in IT. IT operates very differently than the business side and is more independent from HR. There is a great gender ratio for the IT world, and there are women in IT leadership which is unusual at many places
Pros
Lunch and Learns, fun place to work
Cons
Open office environment
Work hard play hard!
Account Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
C. H. Robinson was a great place to work at. The culture of the company was just a fun place to be at. It's also has a laid back work environment. Work attire was casual. You get an extra paid time off for your birthday and anniversary day at the company which is awesome. The benefits package is really good. However, the pay isn't that great if you're not in sales or carrier sales department.
Pros
Lunch vendors on site, Great holiday parties, Two extra paid time off days for your birthday and anniversary day at the company
Cons
The pay for accounts payable department and customer service is not that competitive.
Robinson is a great company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2018
The branch network of Robinson is different than corporate culture. Many branches experience a very different work culture than we experienced in my Branch, I would highly recommend the firm as a whole.
Pros
Great Benefits
Everyone's experience can be different
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 23, 2018
I liked that it was a small office and relaxed. What I didn't like is that I was not getting the training I needed to do my job outside of online modules. My manger/trainer went out of down and that is when the Office Manger found out how much I did not know. I asked as many questions as I could, but you are kind of thrown in the mix of things quickly. Instead of giving me the tools and time to do my job we decided to part ways.
Pros
nice people and environment
Cons
training
Productive, fast-paced service company
Transportation Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 21, 2018
Ch Robinson is a fun, open environment. Must be willing to talk on the phone frequently and manage customer emails. I worked as an intern and was paid very fairly by the work that I did. I was able to work with my team to enhance my sales experience.
Work & Play Hard
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 19, 2018
CH Robinson was my home company for a few years and I was shown a completely different way to go about my typical work day. We made time for breaks so as not to become too overwhelmed by our workload and we also did team meetings off-site so as to remind ourselves that we still need to be human and have some fun. No company is perfect, but CH Robinson was a very nice home for the duration of my employment.
Pros
Team Building, Great colleagues, Friendly management & very focused on customer service
Cons
The women to men ratio was off balance, often times men were paid a higher salary while still being trained by women.
Carrer with longevity
Logistic Operation's team member (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 15, 2018
C.H Robinson , is a fantastic company. If you are able to recive a position, I strongly recomend it. They can groom you into a roll that you most desire. The staff and the enviroment are very well worth it. If you are just starting out C.H Robinson is a company that see's your potential and value. They will extend them selfs out to you and it would be in your best intrest to prove you were woth that gamble.
Pros
Structured, inviting, pay is close to national average, coworkers are great (most)
Cons
limited over time, if any. veterans* T.I.S is not equated to relitive years of experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight