C.R. England logo
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100Low

C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 4,041 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,073 reviews

Meh

Decent starting company. Very rushed training process. They give you the bare minimum training to get your CDL then boom your on the road fending for yourself. Slow on repairs, and they only do break down pay if it's over 24 hrs so if you break down and then get repaired 23hrs later then that 23 hrs of wasted time.

Fast place to get CDL. But….

Try to save money as quick as you can and get out of the hole. Walmart team seem to be great but you will not get that much miles as they said. Some day you only make 50 buck because you have to run the local load and the trafffic in this area is real

Decent job if everything was running correctly.

Everything ran correctly it wasn't a bad job actually pretty nice job to be honest but when loads aren't ready and you don't have enough employees everything is a mess.

Pros

Early start and off times

Cons

Managent pay equipment

Experience

GET YOUR EXPERIENCE AND LEAVE IMMEDIATELY .. No matter what I did it was not good enough. Not speaking about the the organization as a whole because some terminals operate differently.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Utah

Long hours otr lower pay

The pay a little lower than it should be but they just gave everybody a raise so it's got a little better communication sucks good luck trying to get a hold of anybody

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Employee appreciation

This is a horrible company to work for. There is absolutely no employee balance it is a transportation company so their drivers are treated like royalty. The management are all liars and people who are only out for themselves and that goes all the way to the director of maintenance. If your not a driver stay away from this place.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Terrible management, Good pay but not worth the headache, No employee protection, No advancement opportunities

A place to get experience

If you want to get home, this is not the place for you. I couldn't tell you how many times I was told I couldn't get routed home because there was no freight going towards my home. I can say I was making pretty decent money near the end of my contract though. Approximately $800-1200 depending on how much I ran.

Pros

Free training as long as you work for them, As much miles as you can get

Cons

Fleet Managers do not care about you

I am very grateful.

It's not the highest paying company but, as a mentor I really enjoy helping produce good,safe,and efficient drivers. It's not all about the pay. Reliability, stability, support,culture and consistency mean a lot to me. I have been with the company about 2 1/2 yrs. I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon. As long as things keep looking good around here; "I'm in it to win it!" We recently got a pay raise and I think they have a good eye on the market to stay competitive. Keep up the great work guys and don't believe everything you here.

Pros

Pto, stability, support, culture, consistency

Cons

No sign-on bonus, or annual bonus

The worst company I've ever known

I don't know of anyone who is happy working there. No one likes each other and it shows. Every so often, they have a large layoff and people are marched out of the office for everyone to see.

Cons

Not a horrible place. Great place to get started

I will admit that this company is a great place to get your foot in the door. There are some great people that work here but there are some bad people too. They are constantly changing policies that leave you scratching your head as to why. Forget getting any good help after hours or on the weekend. Fleet managers have no say so in anything, they are just there to be a cheerleader and keep you going. I was almost never waiting for loads and was usually busy. Problem is they expect you to run yourself past exhaustion.

Jobs at C.R. England

See more jobs

The place to be

People always rave about their employers at first and then find out their flaws and complain later. I’ve been with CR England for over a year now and I have zero complaints. I love my team! They care, support and pay me wonderful! Great place to work. Don’t plan on ever leaving.

They don’t care about employees

They only care about the new hires and they could care less about the current drivers working for themThey don’t care if your truck works or not they don’t care if you’re broke down on the side of the road and they just don’t care about their employees

Pros

Walmarts were easy to find

Cons

Staff and management

Terrible work place

I wouldn’t tell anyone I know to go work there. The company doesn’t care about its employees or if you have any type of family emergency. You get no days off.

They are good until they are not. Then the betray is ultimate.

Their expectations are unreasonable. If you are a new driver you many have a better experience. If you are a veteran driver then I would stay away. I did not appreciate someone telling me how to drive a truck that has never driven a truck. I

Pros

some people are nice

It’s a good family owned company

Trucking is not for everyone. If you don’t mind being away from home for weeks or months at a time then it’s great. Get through the training period. There is relatively low pay for that. Then stay on a team truck and make some pretty good money. I went to a dedicated fleet which pays pretty good.

Dedicated grocery

Always felt overworked and underpaid. Worked here for 5 years and was always promised that we would go to a 5 day work week, but it never happened. Went thru 5 account managers in 2 years. We did get a pay raise that brought us up closer to the bottom of local pay.Delivered groceries to Wal-Mart stores. Was home most days for a local job. Equipment was relatively new or only a couple years old. Company switched to all automatic trucks. Started putting in dash cams when I left.

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

lack of time off for a family life

Lie about pay

I was told one thing and not received what was told during the training. When asked for a day off , they made sure to keep you on the road 3 to 4 days past request day off. Happened 3 times during a10 month period. These where not holiday days but regular days.

Pros

Cons

They hire anybody and training is not worth the time

Its pretty self explanatory when you start

All in all it is a great place to start your truck driving career and getting well acquainted with the safety measurements on how the truck driving experience truly is and the importance of what we do

Fast pase company to get your CDL A

I did not have any problems like many reviews here says. And my overall experience was good. Company cares about you also. And the pay is great if you are a professional and care driver.

Pros

Hotel, get your cdl A fast, and nice staff

Cons

If you miss your bus you have to pay for an Uber or Lyft, and pay for your food.

Low pay and bad management

Trucks are bare bones without even an inverter. Pay is low. I had three managers. Two were ok and the my last one was abrasive and sometimes disrespectful. Look elsewhere.

Pros

Free training.

Cons

Everything else.

Get your experience then go

They expect you to work 70 hrs a week, you get to go home for 34 hrs then they call you back, if your tired its your fault. If you are a trainer the money is pretty good, but otherwise you can expect about $900 a week before taxes for a 70hr workweek.

Pros

Cons

No time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K

Ratings from women

1.8
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
1.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare C.R. England with

• C.R. England
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?