C.R. England
46Low
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

C.R. England Employee Reviews

United States3,839 reviews
Found 3,839 reviews matching the search
Big company, hard to reach dispatch or managment. They help you get your license in 17 days but make you do OTR right after training. License is restricted to automatic engines now.
Pros
help get license
Cons
automatic only
They literally will starve you to death! BYO FOOD AND CAR! No a company cannot tell you can’t drink when you’re not on the clock. Lies about everything. Everything seems Always waiting over 1-2 hours for a shuttle. Pay goes downhill after 2 weeks after entering “Phase 2.” $ .17 cents per mile amounts to slave labor wages at $300 per week. Temperature scans are inaccurate and illegal and they do them every time you enter the building. Breathing in a mask for 10+ hours will kill off your oxygen supply.
Pros
Hotel stay
Cons
Working 70 hours a week for pennies!
unless you're fortunate enough to get a on a dedicated or local fleet, you'll be on a OTR fleet. It's not bad if you like OTR. But you have to request home time and they want to know the reason why you want to go home. It's like once they hire you, they got you. It's like they're the ones making decisions in to your life not you.
I would recommend this company for any body fresh out of school that just wants to get skme time under there belt. I wpulnot recommend it as a company for anyone woth experience looking for a new job
This is a way to get you a Class A CDL but the experience with the company is pure fraud. They will drive you into the dirt, leave you on the side of the road for 3 days with no support, Pay you partial payments to keep you out there broke and stressed away from home. They basically want you divorced at home so you can be married to this job. Then they OWN you mostly.
Pros
You get a Class A CDL
Cons
36 hours off a week and partial payments on payroll weekly
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
school is great but pay wise is to low for students 17. Cents a mile wont feed your family in the phase 2 and is months getting paid only 488 a week i make more in Unemployment benefits than that!
Pros
good training
Cons
low paid
It's a good starting company.
You can get a free CDL with them, if you stay and work with them for a year. If you quit before that you have to pay for the license $4000.
Pretty decent school, otr trainers are ok, once you’re on the road to make money pay is not good, after 6 months pay does increase but depending on what fleet you’re in you may end up being broke, only a couple fleets are very lucrative
worst company I have ever worked at, horrible pay, horrible management and horrible team environment. I wouldn't recommend any working here. There's far better options out there...
Cons
everything
If you get called for any mistake you might have not made they still stick it to you, like someone called them and said I hit a sign but really didn’t but just I got the call, I hit it, but I really didn’t
Cons
Do not fall for their lies...if you value being home, dont work here! They dont care about you...all they care about is themselves and how much money you are making them. They will lie right in your face.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
everything
i went here so i could get a class A and bring a new sense of purpose. Only to find out they would be sending a greyhound bus to pick me up to their conenctration camp like barraks in utah. The school itself was so shoddy and underwhelming but forget it. I got my CDL, its time to make some money after all the food i purchased cause these idiots don't feed their students. Training was actually good which was a shocker. now its time i get my own truck right? oh wait, you're going to force me to team up with people i don't even know and the 5 co drivers I've had previously seriously have no business being in a truck in the first place. forget this, i want to go home but i can't go home "on time and every time" because they're more concerned about making money than taking care of their drivers. also the pay is horrible even if you're starting out like i did. I decided to bite the bullet and quit so i do have to pay back 6k for their school contract, but I'd rather take a 6k debt that can fixed quickly with a different trucking comoany than a lousy company that cant get you home, treats their drivers like 2nd class citizens and prisoj inmates, wont feed their students and force people to team up.
Pros
a truck
Cons
everything else
Absolutely loved working for c r England Dustin England was my direct boss they were supportive promoting promotions and a boss that really cares about his employees
Their business model is to churn thru new drivers. Replacing existing drivers as their pay increases with new drivers being paid much less. Just know that about the company. It’s not a trucking company as much as it’s a low wage competitor against it’s competition. It’s not a scam. It’s just their business model. Work until you pay off the school debt and then move on to better pay elsewhere. Or leave early and pay it off with the better job.
Pros
If you get a good trainer, you will learn to drive a truck
Cons
If you get a lousy trainer, hope for a good Phase 2 partner
Disreputable. When they needed me gone they used a complaint from a driver to fire me. No warning, no write up with training. Just fired me after 5 years it if the blue.
Pros
You'll be employed until your not.
Cons
They will find excuse to fire rather than pay severance.
This is a poorly run operation. Family owned businesses are challenging. They are unfair and unprofessional. It’s difficult to move ahead if at all. Untrusting.
Great money, no life... Travel the Country. Nice equipment. New Trucks. Pay increase with experience. Great team miles, many different accounts........
Pros
Money
Cons
No life
All I have to say is very long hours 6 to 7 days per week for not so good pay. I would not recommend any one coming here. I really dont know about the drive par but to train dont do it
The England should be ashamed of the way they pay and treat the very people who are responsible for the lavish life they live.They say this is a truck driving company owned by truck drivers....more like a company of people who have CDL,but forgot what its really like being a truck driver.I can say this; I just started my company,and the way I was treated at this company will always serve as a reminder to me as to how I never want to treat my drivers.
Being a Class A driver has shown me so much over these pass few years how to deal with people and there attitudes and how to do my work without any issues
Always felt as if my days were numbered. They definitely only care about themselves. Upper management really doesn’t know what they’re doing. Make hasty decisions before getting all the facts. Seem very biased and prejudicial.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
2.9
Ratings from women
1.8
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight