C2 Education Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun workplace
1 student, Teacher ratio (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 17, 2018
Working for C2 has been fun. The kids are great and my coworkers are friendly. There's daily communication with upper management so it never feels stuffy.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
Great advancement opportunities
Center Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 28, 2018
Great opportunities for career advancement but work life balance is minimal. Work hours are not ideal with little flexibility. Nice compensation plan.
Would not recommend
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 16, 2018
Despite working for the company for several years, I rarely received any increase in pay. Do not respect Teachers' schedules in the sense they are required to wait on "potential" sessions which can be canceled at any time and result in zero pay. The program is designed to maximize profits as much as possible and limits the success and potential of students. I rarely see sessions have the best interest of students, …
This job is for you if you are looking for something temporary
Associate Center Director (Current Employee) –  USAJune 8, 2018
C2 does not have good systems in place which makes it very difficult to effectively perform your duties. The duties you do have are often lacking clarity and can change depending upon the circumstances that day. The culture is an interesting situation. Many people are very comfortable and get away with doing things that are not productive or that inconvenience others but are allowed to continue to do say because the company can't retain people. Those that they do retain push the limits (most of the time it isn't in a positive way). I find the job to be stressful and not worth the headache. If it were more structured, corporate was more helpful and they respected the work-life balance it could be better. The message I often get from them is that they do not care about anything else just make me money. The only good aspect is that I have met some incredible students, parents and some incredible employees along the way. I have learned what to do and what not to do in a management position. My biggest complaint is that I have very little defense. CD and ACD jobs often intertwine and it becomes challenging to know who did what. It can often leave you in a place where you are stretched very thin or get blamed for something out of your control. Trainings are extremely long and days off usually result in phone calls and emails that could wait until you return. I see many people who work way overtime and days off being applauded for "hard work" rather then being told to take care of themselves and family. You are often expected to give so much of yourself that you have very little left  more... for yourself. I am overall disappointed. If you can move on else where.  less
Pros
You meet nice parents, students, and some employees
Cons
Work-life balance, pay, PTO is very limited, 401K
Safe and enjoyable work environment
Assitant Center Director (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMay 15, 2018
Morning meetings, recruitment, test grading, scheduling. Job was very fact paced and busy and interaction with students was very valuable. Directors and supervisors were very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
excellent product - terrible upper management
District Manager - Texas, Florida (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
the product is fantastic and tutors deliver as promised, but the upper management structure and operations is horrible. Wishy, Washy, and pushy at best - holding to ridiculous targets and delivery.
District Manager-San Diego
District Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
I think reviews on here are a bit misleading. While this job is hard and demanding, it is both financially rewarding to tutors and directors. 17 years working with Tutoring companies.... is my source of information and true. Yes!!! This is a for profit company with a product that is by far the best in the industry. I challenge you to compare. THis job is for an educator who can understand the cost of delivering high quality Tutoring and for the business person who can see that education cost money and people are willing to buy quality Tutoring. I have been with C2 for 9 months and all I see is hard working people trying to make a difference in kids lives. It’s true.... if you think private education should be free, this job is not for you because we don’t get public funding. If you want to work harder than you ever had to show people the value of a good educational product. I hope to see you at the next big meeting.
Pros
Upper managements commitment to help you grow
Cons
Ok medical could be better.
Not worth the pain
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 4, 2018
If the upper management and corporate support people ever got their act together, this would be a great job. Love working with students, staff, families.
Not a place for true educators
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
I worked with C2 as a Center Director for almost three years. I am a passionate educator that makes my life mission to help kids succeed. This company was not for me. They truly do not care about the progress of students. Money, money and money is their focus and their downfall. It was sad to see upper management treating teachers and teams with little to no respect. It is the button line they are after, money. Turn over is super high and hours are demanding. Center Directors are on call pretty much 24/7. That is expected. No work-home life balance. Worst job ever, No integrity in upper-management. Happy to have moved on.
Pros
Wonderful families that care deeply about their children
Cons
Too many to list.
productive, full of energy (many kids), and efficient
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AND TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 2, 2018
Through my experience at C2 Education, I have learned to be organized and efficient when handling various forms of paperwork.
Paperwork includes anything from grading student work, employee hours, and scheduling.
Excellent part-time work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 23, 2018
This is fast paced working environment, but you get a feeling that everyone cares about the students. The teachers are experts in their subjects, and they are well trained. The center director is very professional and respects the teachers. The atmosphere was easy, fun and fast. It was a pleasure to work at C2.
Poor Overall
Lead Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 21, 2018
Building too many centers without proper staffing forced many of us to play multiple roles with no training. This business is to make the most money for corporate with no consideration for tutors nor clients.
Interviewed for a position that didn't exist
Program Lead (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 15, 2018
I interviewed for a job here in New Jersey that didn't even exist. They wanted to me to work at a location that was an hour away. For what they were willing to pay, it wasn't worth it.
Great Kids, Varying Management
Teacher (Part time) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 6, 2018
As a teacher at C2, you have to learn to think on your feet. Many sessions involve teaching subjects that you're not comfortable with because a student brings unexpected schoolwork or cannot bring their questions when your expert coworker is available. When you're in your comfort zone, lessons quickly become routine unless you supplement with your own material. The kids are generally polite and engaged, though. Most are an absolute pleasure to teach. The 3:1 model can be challenging at first, but you learn to juggle quickly.

The problems all stem from management. Each center has a very different workplace culture depending on the Center Director and Program Lead. For example, the pair that I started off with were knowledgeable, efficient, and went out of their way to make the office welcoming for us teachers. Within the past month, both have left, and the management structure went with them. Without a CD and PL who are skilled at their jobs and actively work with their teachers, the center does not run nearly as smoothly and teachers' hours are lost due to silly mistakes. As a part-time job, there are no benefits to cushion the blow when hours run dry. This is the situation, I have heard, at other centers as well.
Pros
Students, provided materials
Cons
Hours, management is a 50/50 chance
Unorganized
Program Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2018
The hours are difficult as you are working 1PM-9PM and Saturdays as well. Hard to ask for time off.

As a Program Lead, you end up doing a good amount of the work for not much recognition. You end up having the same responsibilities as a director but still brushed off as an "assistant".

Management is messy and there are many constant organizational changes. Some managers are very unprofessional.
Great employees and children
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 14, 2018
I had to interact with children everyday, greeting them, or even helping them with some homework since the tutors were busy with other students or it wasn't time for their session yet.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No healthcare, sitting all day
Good in-between job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAJanuary 29, 2018
It's good for people looking to teach temporarily, but probably not as a career. Private tutoring is taxing, and after pulling 40-hour weeks during our busiest summer, I would not recommend trying to maintain that for a long period of time. It's good for part-time work, though!
unbalanced working hours
Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 23, 2017
Poor management and training system,
If you are looking for 9-5pm job, it is not for you.
Program lead will also do phone marketing, hard to seize the lunch or dinner break
It's a very stressful environment
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 1, 2017
I was worked overtime and underappreciated. Management was very poor and treated employees badly. It was mental and physically very stressful to work at this company. I didn't feel as though I was receiving the support I needed. I was expected work overtime and not get paid. Upper management and my own manger were ONLY concerned about making sales and reaching the monthly quota. My manager would contact me outside of work hours asking to do work. I had to work 6 days a week at times and only get paid for 5 days. The only aspect I enjoyed about this job was to be able to work with the kids and contribute to making a difference in their lives.
Not for someone who's passionate in teaching
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 14, 2017
C2's philosophy in teaching students seemed unethical and almost like a rip-off for the parents. Because of the "reputation" the after school academies have, people tend to think teachers are amazing and highly qualified, which is false. Also parents pay great sum of money to have their children taught in groups instead of individuals. Students were not getting enough attention, and were told to do something for 2 hours while teacher helped other students in rotations. I felt guilt and that it was wrong to teach students this way and had to leave. Also, the director demanded too much at the location I worked at, it was her way or the highway.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Reputable Company in Education