C2 Education
64Average

C2 Education Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
Great Transition Position
No room for advancement. Not a serious work environment. Low pay for what is expected - though a clear idea of job requirements was never given. Doubt company will be around very much loner. Very high turnover
Best place to work if you're passionate
The hours for teaching were relatively flexible, there was a lot of understanding and positivity between all the teaching staff and the admin. staff. I loved being able to work with the students we had; all of them were amazing and a pleasure to interact with. My bosses were understanding when I needed time off, they were flexible about scheduling if I needed to go to the doctors or had a prior engagemebt...There were really good food places so the people who chose this spot for the center did an awesome jov. Its hard work and theres not a lot of benefitz like insurance or whatever, but the environment was awesome and I did really enjoy my time there.
Faulty Business Model but Decent Job
The company culture is toxic, predatory, and not very inclusive. There is a large focus on Asian families, rich families, and then everyone else -- in that order. Kids who are problems or require individual help are taken in the name of money. And promises are made that should be given -- as it create too much favoritism and thus entitled parents that are disrespectful and demanding. And even when problems or feedback is discussed with management there is almost no faculty support, mostly because those in management have never been tutors and thus do not get what their employees are dealing with. I loved the hours, the kids -- for the most part -- and my coworkers were great. So, overall, it did the job of getting me through my research with a good schedule and decent pay. But, i do not support the business model and lack of inclusion as well as the way in create even more gaps in education since it caters to wealthy families.
It's a good place to stop and take stock in yourself
It can be exciting to juggle the educational/business/retail environment. However, even with growing pains for a company where stress is prevalent, I succeed in making it a better place than when I first arrived. I was responsible for all the administrative organization and procedures for the center. I am integral for dealing with more than 300 students with dynamic schedules (some with behavioral issues that must be addressed). The students make this job for me; they are amazing!
Great to work for!
They are willing to work around my schedule! The students are great! They are collaborative, helpful and practical! It's a nice place to work! And a great part time opportunity.
Pros
Great kids, my schedule!
Cons
No nenefits, no insurance, lower pay!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
fun workplace
Working for C2 has been fun. The kids are great and my coworkers are friendly. There's daily communication with upper management so it never feels stuffy.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
It's a very stressful environment
I was worked overtime and underappreciated. Management was very poor and treated employees badly. It was mental and physically very stressful to work at this company. I didn't feel as though I was receiving the support I needed. I was expected work overtime and not get paid. Upper management and my own manger were ONLY concerned about making sales and reaching the monthly quota. My manager would contact me outside of work hours asking to do work. I had to work 6 days a week at times and only get paid for 5 days. The only aspect I enjoyed about this job was to be able to work with the kids and contribute to making a difference in their lives.
Excellent Job for Right Employees
C2 offers a supportive, collegial, and highly rewarding environment for those who understand the nature of the job. As a supplemental educational services company, the working hours are when students are not in school. As such, the hours are a little unorthodox. Also, it is NOT a full-time job for most of the teachers. If you are a graduate student, stay-at-home parent, retiree, or have another source of income, C2 can provide a significant source of income and an engaging work environment. You will typically be working with highly motivated students who have high educational goals. Most Centers that I’ve worked in have a very collegial, almost family-like feel. The reward comes when you have helped a student achieve acceptance at one of their dream colleges, or helped them pass a very challenging class, or helped inspire a formerly lackluster student to work towards his or her true potential. The employees of C2 are passionate about helping their students, and, to me, this is the most rewarding part of the job
Pros
Flexibility, Making a Concrete Difference in a Young Person’s Life
Cons
The work can be fast-paced at times, Pay
Flexible Work Environment
Flexible work schedule enables you to invest in other aspects of life. The work environment is engaging and interactive.
Best for those who need flexibility in time management.
Easy Tutoring Job
The owners of C2 Education are very nice and do a great job of training you. They provide all tutoring materials and clients so all you have to do is show up on time and work with your assigned clientele.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
No benefits.
Na
There is nothing I wish to say about this company at this time. I have neutral feelings, as with any job there are positives and negatives, plain and simple.
Great Culture
Directors and staff are nice and friendly. Easy workload. Students are nice and friendly. Convenient locations for commute.
Tutoring Day
Each 1-2 hour tutoring session consists of two to three students

Grade and discuss student's homework

Introduce students to new material regarding grammar, sentence structures, vocabulary, reading comprehension, inferences and other important topic in English.

provide small quizzes to take account of students' progression through our time spent.