C2 Education Employee Reviews

High Pressure, High Reward
Center Director (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 14, 2019
C2 Education is a great place to learn about sales, marketing, and do-it-yourself-and-get-it-done mentality. It's a pressure cooker when it comes to meeting sales quotas and making the business just work. You can come away from there with a fantastic mindset and new outlook on business. It will also stress you out tremendously. Be warned.
Pros
Fantastic education in sales, marketing
Cons
High pressure, lack of sympathy
Flexible Hours
Educator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 17, 2018
This is a part-time job with flexible hours. It's ideal for someone in grad school or someone that enjoys teaching and wants an additional source of income.
Great Job for recent college grad
Teacher/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Closter, NJDecember 7, 2018
Flexible scheduling. The job can be a little intimidating at first. You work with three students at a time, but all three may be working on different material, and you need to be able to cater to the needs of all three. It takes some getting used to.
Don't Bother
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 9, 2018
I found management to be overbearing to the point of micromanaging with little opportunity to spread my wings as a new hire and this was the reason I left. If you enjoy working with kids you may be able to last a little longer or be better suited as a teacher and not a director.
Good working condition
Assistant Center Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 9, 2018
Manage team was really nice and friendly. You can be trained management skills and customer service skills. Fast-paced working place, very busy.. very flexible working hours
Standard job
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 13, 2018
it was ok, it was unorganized and hours were sporadic I don't like the inconsistency. The supervisor is unprofessional I don't like this job. Bad job don't like
An Enjoyable Place to Work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAAugust 8, 2018
At C2 you work in 2 hour sessions. The amount of sessions vary depending on which C2 you work at. During the summer the hours can be slow, but it picks up drastically during the school year, providing for some good hours and cash. You will work with 1-4 students at the same time, but for the most part it's 3.

I've learned a lot from working here. Mainly on how to communicate Mathematical concepts in different ways to different people. I knew that everyone learns in a multitude of ways, but working at C2 was one of the first experiences I've had where I got to really test my skills in this field.

The management at the workplace is really nice. My boss is extremely nice to his employees and values them dearly. He is very understanding of life outside work.

Possibly the hardest part of the job is that sometimes there aren't enough employees there, and can lead to you having to work more hours than usual and working with more students. And even though this isn't the hardest part, it is aggravating. We use specific C2 books that cover information for the SAT's, but we only have one copy of each book. So if there is more than one specific subject tutor there, you might be trying to share the book between more than one table, and it then becomes a hassle.

The part I love the most about this job is when I'm working with a student who was struggling with a something in Mathematics and I'm able to explain it to them in terms that make sense to them. And seeing them understand and get excited about Math is what I truly enjoy the most.
Pros
Flexible work hours; Great boss;
Tough but can be rewarding
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 27, 2018
C2 is a great place to start just out of college as there are opportunities for growth. Work/life balance is not good with late hours during the week (up to 10 PM) and working on weekends. As a director, sales are challenging but personal ability and has to be within your comfort. You will be pushed to meet targets and numbers in every position at C2.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Cons
Work/life balance
fun workplace
1 student, Teacher ratio (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 17, 2018
Working for C2 has been fun. The kids are great and my coworkers are friendly. There's daily communication with upper management so it never feels stuffy.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
Great advancement opportunities
Center Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 28, 2018
Great opportunities for career advancement but work life balance is minimal. Work hours are not ideal with little flexibility. Nice compensation plan.
Would not recommend
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 16, 2018
Despite working for the company for several years, I rarely received any increase in pay. Do not respect Teachers' schedules in the sense they are required to wait on "potential" sessions which can be canceled at any time and result in zero pay. The program is designed to maximize profits as much as possible and limits the success and potential of students. I rarely see sessions have the best interest of students, …
This job is for you if you are looking for something temporary
Associate Center Director (Current Employee) –  USAJune 8, 2018
C2 does not have good systems in place which makes it very difficult to effectively perform your duties. The duties you do have are often lacking clarity and can change depending upon the circumstances that day. The culture is an interesting situation. Many people are very comfortable and get away with doing things that are not productive or that inconvenience others but are allowed to continue to do say because the company can't retain people. Those that they do retain push the limits (most of the time it isn't in a positive way). I find the job to be stressful and not worth the headache. If it were more structured, corporate was more helpful and they respected the work-life balance it could be better. The message I often get from them is that they do not care about anything else just make me money. The only good aspect is that I have met some incredible students, parents and some incredible employees along the way. I have learned what to do and what not to do in a management position. My biggest complaint is that I have very little defense. CD and ACD jobs often intertwine and it becomes challenging to know who did what. It can often leave you in a place where you are stretched very thin or get blamed for something out of your control. Trainings are extremely long and days off usually result in phone calls and emails that could wait until you return. I see many people who work way overtime and days off being applauded for "hard work" rather then being told to take care of themselves and family. You are often expected to give so much of yourself that you have very little left  more... for yourself. I am overall disappointed. If you can move on else where.  less
Pros
You meet nice parents, students, and some employees
Cons
Work-life balance, pay, PTO is very limited, 401K
Safe and enjoyable work environment
Assitant Center Director (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMay 15, 2018
Morning meetings, recruitment, test grading, scheduling. Job was very fact paced and busy and interaction with students was very valuable. Directors and supervisors were very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
excellent product - terrible upper management
District Manager - Texas, Florida (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
the product is fantastic and tutors deliver as promised, but the upper management structure and operations is horrible. Wishy, Washy, and pushy at best - holding to ridiculous targets and delivery.
Not worth the pain
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 4, 2018
If the upper management and corporate support people ever got their act together, this would be a great job. Love working with students, staff, families.
Not a place for true educators
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
I worked with C2 as a Center Director for almost three years. I am a passionate educator that makes my life mission to help kids succeed. This company was not for me. They truly do not care about the progress of students. Money, money and money is their focus and their downfall. It was sad to see upper management treating teachers and teams with little to no respect. It is the button line they are after, money. Turn over is super high and hours are demanding. Center Directors are on call pretty much 24/7. That is expected. No work-home life balance. Worst job ever, No integrity in upper-management. Happy to have moved on.
Pros
Wonderful families that care deeply about their children
Cons
Too many to list.
productive, full of energy (many kids), and efficient
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AND TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 2, 2018
Through my experience at C2 Education, I have learned to be organized and efficient when handling various forms of paperwork.
Paperwork includes anything from grading student work, employee hours, and scheduling.
Excellent part-time work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 23, 2018
This is fast paced working environment, but you get a feeling that everyone cares about the students. The teachers are experts in their subjects, and they are well trained. The center director is very professional and respects the teachers. The atmosphere was easy, fun and fast. It was a pleasure to work at C2.
Poor Overall
Lead Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 21, 2018
Building too many centers without proper staffing forced many of us to play multiple roles with no training. This business is to make the most money for corporate with no consideration for tutors nor clients.
Interviewed for a position that didn't exist
Program Lead (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 15, 2018
I interviewed for a job here in New Jersey that didn't even exist. They wanted to me to work at a location that was an hour away. For what they were willing to pay, it wasn't worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C2 Education. Our community is ready to answer.