C3 Cyber Club Employee Reviews

Challenging but rewarding position
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Utilizing Minecraft and other computer games / programs, C3 helps challenge and engage kids while fostering an interactive environment of cooperation.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Occasional Extensive commute
Really like to work here
part time teacher (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 24, 2019
I really like to work here, three reasons:
1. I got a very systematic training and can ask questions at any time later.
2. I really like their management system, which is friendly, self-disciplined, and efficient.
3. Every people are kind here, we can always help each other.
Working for C3 Cyber is great but one must be 100% focused
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Howard County, MDFebruary 24, 2019
C3 Cyber is great, spending time and teaching kids is a part of the job. One must be able to keep a fast pace while working on your feet and making sure time is kept in track.
Pros
Great mangement
Cons
Location/ pay/benefits
Efficient and well organized workplace.
Mobile teacher (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 12, 2018
Work was straightforward and well managed. Great students to work with and friendly co-workers. Hours weren't too long and the drive was manageable. Good place to work overall.
Great place to start
Teacher (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 13, 2018
C3 cyver club was a great place for me to find a job that will help me get started in thebtechnology feild ive always wanted to be a part of. I am greatful for the opportunities they gave me.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Driving
Fun and Creative Work Place!
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 6, 2018
C3 is a great work environment that promotes learning, creativity, and diversity. The staff here exemplify these characteristics in a way that puts each child first, making it a positive environment for all.
Great Place to Work on the Side
Mobile Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glenmont Hills, MDOctober 23, 2018
Really convenient and fun place to work for a young person. Pays enough to cover expenses and has great management. Not experienced this personally, but heard there are solid advancement opportunities too. Definitely recommend
Unique and fun After School care for children
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 23, 2018
Fun after school program. Typical day at work can range from relaxing and enjoyable to some stress when short handed. Duties include helping children resolve disagreements, helping children with homework and daily classes, as well as updating information and parents. Friendly staff, kind CEO. Hardest part is the constant change of request from managment and fiting all request into approved hours. Most enjoyable part is spending time with kids and making sure they are happy.
Pros
Great job for working with kids, Mostly predictable hours, Resume builder, Holidays and weekends off, Great resources for STEAM activites for kids.
Cons
No subs for shorthanded days, Occasionally need to stay late waiting for parents, Everything is on google drive disorganized-can be difficult to find the resources your looking for
Fun and flexible work schedule
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 23, 2018
Working at C3 is fun and flexible
The front desk position allows you to be creative in the admin role and have time with the children
Exciting events and great field trips
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Great and rewarding
After School Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ashburn VirginiaOctober 19, 2018
The job that I have at C-3 is an after school counselor at the office. This job is really rewarding because I get to work with a lot of students help them with their homework, help them learn different things about computers, and how to work them. Growing and spending time with them and just generally having fun. This job has given me the potential for growth and a sense of accomplishment. I honestly think that I am happier working here. It may be the children that I work with or it may be the environment that I’m working in that helps more, but I think that combined it’s amazing.
Pros
Working with children, flexible workspace, Apple support materials, cooperative staff
Cons
Kids, afterschool hours
Good concept, poor execution
Mobile Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working with the students and enjoyed giving them more resources in topics they loved such as Minecraft and basic programming. However, in my opinion, the management was not working with the best interests of students or teachers at heart. The programs that they use may have worked at one time but most of the time they would take ages to load and would result in students barely doing anything during class time, just waiting on computers to load or for me to troubleshoot the problems. Sometimes proper files for whole classes were not loaded on the computers and there were not enough replacements provided leading to frustrated students and parents. I understand one or two mishaps, but it seemed that every week there was one issue or another. Would not recommend.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Equipment faulty, very little training, very little value in actually teaching material or teaching staff
do not work here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2018
When I first moved to DC I was in need of a job and had teaching experience so this was fine but I quickly learned that this was the biggest mistake I had ever made. This company doesn't care about it's employees and the schools they work with are awful.
terrible lost opportunity
Mobile Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 9, 2018
Clocking in made no sense because we aren't being paid by the hour and we were made to clock in hours before even being needed. I was expected to pick up supplies from our facility, drive it to a different location that could vary anywhere from 5-40miles in distance, and returned back to the facility . This would not have been a problem if I had been compensated appropriately. I was making only $40 a day. This is the equivalent of being paid five dollars an hour which is well below minimum wage, let alone to cover the gas for all the traveling I was made to do.
March 12, 2018

Hello,

I am sorry you feel that way. With regards to clocking in, since we are responsible for children, we need to make sure a teacher is on their way for a shift, hence the clocking in and the dispatcher. Some areas have a lot of traffic and the teacher needs to be at the school 20 min before the class starts to have time to setup the equipment. Also, it becomes difficult to get in the lot when parents are lined up in cars to pickup their kids.

With regards to the pay, you should have been compensated more for the further distance. I am not sure where the error was made, but I do hope you reach out to the accounting department and have this remedied. Depending on the distance, the pay is $40-$70. The breakdown is $22 to teach the one hour class with the remaining pay to account for travel time and gas. Additionally, taxes are not taken out of wages so you can claim all your miles and vehicle use on your tax returns and received additional reimbursement.

Again, I am not sure where the error was made in your pay as the pay increases in 10 mile increments.

Regards.

No Personal Growth!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAFebruary 4, 2018
WTH... You can't even get more then 5 hrs a day...

Worked for 4 years... and never got a penny raised.. Fthis

Nothing to learn new.... to improve your self.

there in no sort of ladder to climb in this job.. If you are looking to improve your self while doing that job... RUN A Mile Away!!

NO Benifits

They treat you like contractors not employees (you don't get w2 you get contractors taxes...) so owner can avoid taxes... training.. and more...

Speaking of witch... Training is the worst... you only get to learn what you have to teach kids... You gotta troubleshoot everything yourself.

Place looks like a junk yard.. They never clean... It looks like a warehouse with dark corners everywhere.
Pros
nothing..
Cons
everything
February 8, 2018

Sorry you feel that way. I am not sure what you were told when hired, but since I have been here, everything is disclosed upon hire with regards to the part time work, short shifts, independent contractor status, pay, and lack of benefits. The nature of the position you were working, Mobile Teacher, does not allow for greater hours as it is specific to teaching children after school, therefore limited to M-F in the afternoon. This position generally works best for supplementary income, for example, if you either have another part time job or are a college student.

With regards to a raise, there is a schedule of increased pay for Mobile Teachers, which is based on experience and performance.

We actually do look within our current teachers when a job opens up. Currently, all of our District Managers started off as Mobile Teachers. Some teachers have taken on Counselor and Trainer roles. Both of our current Trainers began as Mobile Teachers. This is a small company, so there are not that many roles to fill. Bigger companies and corporations would definitely have more options and opportunities for advancement.

Regarding the training, yes, we train only in the curricula the teacher will teach because if a teacher will not be teaching a certain class, it doesn't make sense to train them in that subject matter. We do teach troubleshooting to a certain degree. There are so many variables that can occur that training covers the most common issues. Since teachers are working unsupervised with computer equipment and children, it is important to be able to think of a solution  more... in a timely manner if a PTA parent or Manager is not immediately available.

Again, I am not sure why your experience was not favorable, but I also a bit perplexed why you decided to stay for 4 years if you were unhappy with this situation.

We wish you the best in your future employment and hope you find what you are looking for with a company that is able to provide it to you.

Great environment fun atmosphere
Mobile Teacher, C3 CyberClub (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 19, 2018
As long as you don't mind dealing with kids, C3 is a very fun place to work, especially if you are interested in the programs and classes you teach. All in all a good experience.
Pros
Easy attitudes, flexible schedules
Cons
Kids
February 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Perhaps this can be a good experience and stepping stone if you would like to teach older groups in the future.

Flexible work Schedule, fun job
Computer Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 19, 2018
The company works around your schedule, you tell a manager what days and hours your free and what counties/districts you would like to work in, and they will try their best to schedule you to teach based of your schedule and preferences. Overall, employees (mobile teachers, managers) are nice and caring. Having a car or some means of transportation is crucial for this job, because you are required to transport equipment to the school you will be teaching at if you are a mobile teacher. Work hours are okay, the more classes you train for the more classes you could possibly work in a given week. There's really not many benefits to this job because it's a contracted job. You acquire useful skills by teaching. Training is good the manager training you makes sure every understands the specific topic so they will be 100% ready to teach a class.
Pros
Caring Managers, Short Hours, Great pay, Great for college students
Cons
contracted job
February 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We welcome feedback and suggestions.

Good place to work if you like kids.
Mobile Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 29, 2017
If you like kids, it's an excellent place to work. Many of the subjects I teach can be related to game design, which is the field I ultimately want to work in. It's also a subject that appeals to the children.
December 4, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to meet and exceed your standards!

Fun workplace, great for college students with busy schedules
Mobile Teacher (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 3, 2017
I love working for this company. They are fun, mostly organized, and you are mostly put in charge of yourself. For me, that's fantastic, for others that may be a major downside. You're given training then sent to different schools with your cart full of laptops and given an hour or so to set up and teach the required curriculum. I've taught Minecraft programming, Lego Building, 3D character design. Then you'll have kids who know everything already and will work with you, or against you. So prior work with kids of some kind or at least knowing how to work with kids is a must. Although sometimes you'll be given a handful or kids, other times you'll have a few more that you could have used a hand with. A must for this job is communication and a smartphone and a CAR. As you'll need to contact managers, fellow co-workers and sometimes parents. There is room to climb the ladder, as the better teacher you are, if you get complimented so then you move up to a higher standard of teaching, getting paid more per class you teach. This job is great for me as a college student and I wish I could do it full time, but so far the only way I see that happening is if one of the current managers quits, which is kind of a bummer. If you don't like having to deal with co worker drama, this is also a great fit, I've worked with 2 people out of my time being here, and those were only for a week or so. They do pay you for driving mileage plus if you are substituting you get paid even more-also very nice. If the school or the company gets scheduling wrong, you still get paid (yea!). I would have to say  more... my only complaint is that, if you needed help in anyone situation, there's not much you can do, that and it is a contractual job. So you will be taking care of your own taxes as well as keeping track of mileage.  less
Pros
Drama Free, Caring Managers, Short Hours, Great pay, Great for college students
Cons
Contractual
C3 Cyber Club Review
Multimedia design and development Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 10, 2016
A Typical day of work would be checking schedule for upcoming classes that require an instructor, requesting for them and teaching the request classes for assigned classes.

I've learn allot of time management skills and the chances to increase my skills and network with other digital artists

Co-workers are very energetic people with a ton of creativity and kindness.

Only big issues is the amount of time it takes driving to scheduled classes and salary.

Teaching new comers to the digital art field, interacting with artists and programmers with the same mind set.
Pros
Ability to network with other artists, ability to improve digital art skills, A good entry job
Cons
A contracted job, Salary
Simply When I went to C3 Cyber Club I was in Awe.
Assitant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAMay 27, 2016
It's pretty much the ideal place for everyone to interact at an Enjoyable Level. I know that may sound corny, But Really. When I walked into there I saw myself for the first time. It's a beautiful place to be in, I can still feel The Harmony that they possess. And that my friend is Priceless. The Mentors and/or Sensei taught with real Vigor and Prowess, TRUE courage. And they always and I mean always care about what they do and HOW they do it. It almost tickles my Heart Whenever I go there. Believe it. Thanks for Having me. I wish I could have stayed and finished that Video game Making Curriculum I had put my heart into. *deeply sighs.
Pros
Treating people with Respect Reflects this place Through and Through.
Cons
There is no Cons. Only Pros at this place. Believe it! ^_~

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C3 Cyber Club. Our community is ready to answer.

C3 Cyber Club Reviews by Location