C3 Presents Employee Reviews

Poor management
SENIOR FESTIVAL ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2018
There really wasn't much for me to do as far as daily job duties. Slow paced, highly compensated. Management seemed to be in over their heads in the accounting department. Toxic work environment over all.
Fun Festival Job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
Work with nice people selling festival/concert tickets. Pretty easy gig. Most of the time you will be working outside and some people you'll have to deal with are crazy.
Pros
free admission to concert/festival when you're off the clock
Fantastic company culture, unsustainable work hours.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Countless good things to say about this job, unfortunately it was very hard to keep up with the intense workload and anything else in life. For the most part you don't mind because the people are great and you are passionate about the work, but it some departments, work becomes completely all-consuming which is hard to sustain over long term.
Pros
Amazing people, learning opportunities, engaging work, never dull.
Cons
All consuming workload
Great Job!
Artist Relations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2017
One of the most rewarding places I have gotten to work at! Managing the dressing rooms for certain stages.
Change over regulator, running stock and equipment in and out of dressing rooms.
Making sure furniture/food/decorations are all up to date with each band, making sure that they were getting the correct food and alcohol, and providing staff support for that stage.
Events
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2016
Great company, exciting events. Absolutely some long days but, the events make it worth it. Never the same event twice. A chance to learn new things and meet new people. Great benefits as we produce many music festivals and schedule permitting we get to attend those as well
Pros
Travel and health benefits
Poor management at what could be an awesome company.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2015
The great sense of accomplishment you feel at the events you plan and produce comes at a price:

- poor management
- many employees overworked and underpaid
- no professional growth or training opportunities
- severe work imbalance within departments
- owners far removed
- interns not compensated
Pros
Fun, young work environment, Free concert tickets, Cool office location with free parking.
Cons
Severe work imbalance within departments.
Incredible company.
ARTIST MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX / New York, NYMay 24, 2015
C3 is an incredible company and force to be reckoned with in the music industry. Starting as a Festival promoter company for ACL, Lollapalooza, and Counterpoint festival to name a few. Recently in the past few years, they have grown and added an artist management division.

A typical day at work varies. Working with four artists, tasks include marketing shows/tours, coordinating travel and lodging, working on album release cycles, setting up and coordinating interviews, social media upkeep, deal negotiations, calls and meetings with potential companies we can team up with, ect.

My co-workers are all passionate, driven and motivated individuals all whom inspire me to work harder and achieve more.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing what music does to people. Going to shows and watching how happy people are and knowing I had a helping hand in spreading the music is such a rewarding feeling.

The hardest is finding a balance between my personal life and work life. Working in the entertainment industry does not have normal work hours and you're pretty much on 24/7. So it's been a challenge to make sure I find time for myself to unwind and decompress to be in a good headspace when working.
Pros
Free concerts / Festivals / shows
C3 is a great place to intern
Artist Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2014
laid back environment with respectful people, and free unlimited kuerig!