C3I Solutions Employee Reviews

Only if you're uneducated and desperate!
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 15, 2019
C3i is best for those with little education or experience and those who live with their parents or roommates. You won't make enough money here to support yourself unless you get a ton of government assistance.

HR is a joke. Even Directors joke about recruitment but no one does anything. That's a pretty common theme around here... complain but don't take any action.

HR is unprofessional, rude and tells confidential info about employees on the smoking patio. If we have an issue, we can't go to HR because she will just tell our superior what we said and there is retaliation. She's too chummy with some of the leaders and the reps on certain teams won't talk to her because she won't hold her "friends" accountable. If we try to go above her to talk to another HR, the exact same thing happens, they tell her what we said and now she's talking about us on the smoking patio. I've seen it happen repeatedly.

I'm in leadership and well aware that clients pay upwards of $25-30 per hour for phone reps and they are only paid $10-$12 per hour. If you threaten to leave, they'll usually offer you money to stay. I've seen it too many times to count. Your yearly raise is 1-3%, if you qualify but some teams make the metrics hard for even good employees to meet so they can save their budget. 1-3% is typical in the industry but when you are already paid very low, this doesn't amount to much. Getting a 10 cent raise is humiliating but that's the norm around here. No wonder we have almost 80% turnover.

We get "stars" and even if we don't want to use them to get gift cards, we're still
  more... taxed for it. Gift cards don't help pay bills.

They say there is continuous leadership training. This is absolutely not true. Maybe once a year someone from another site will hold a week of classes for leadership. Not everyone can go so some leaders are left out and might get another chance next year.

Pay isn't consistent. Some managers make 10k more a year with the same experience, tenure and program complexity. The gap between hourly and salaried is really big. Account Specialists basically do 80% of what a Supervisor does and they're paid almost half and cap out at $12 an hour.

Managers and Supervisors (even some Directors) are involved in the high school drama. Everyone knows everyone's business. This place doesn't hold water, no one can keep their mouth shut. Several employees are currently suing because of this.

Bottom line, if you are educated and need to support yourself and/or your family, you're much better off to work somewhere else. There are much better jobs out there!!!
Decent job, poor management
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 28, 2019
A good job if you love customer service, but the management needs work in how they handle issues and policies. Work life balance is decent, pay could be better.
Not really a career, mainly a job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Depends on which department/project you are in, some are decent to work in, others may seem tedious and not worthwhile. For the most part good coworkers, decent management. Sometimes dealing with customer/consumer care can be annoying.
Pros
Decent work enviornment, not too hard
Cons
Scheduled breaks, low pay
A monkey can do this job
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Awful place to work. Awful place to work Awful place to work. Management to odd and disrespectful. Under payed and over worked. No benefits. Nothing positive about this company.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The company itself
I worked for this company for two years. It's an awful business.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 12, 2019
If you are looking for a quick and easy paycheck in between jobs, this will suit you.

If you are looking for an actual job you can be satisfied in, that pays well, that offers advancement, this is not the job for you.

In Detail:

Favoritism is, unfortunately, something you will find almost everywhere you work. Here is no different. If you're a favorite, you get to walk around and talk to people, or put up holiday decorations while everyone else works. You will get to break the rules. You will get to do things like chat instead of having to be on the phone, etc.

Management has NO communication skills. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off. They don't tell each other anything, and they sure aren't going to tell you anything. "The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing" is the best phrase to use with these people.

As far as not telling YOU anything, you can walk in one day and they will tell you they've moved you to another desk, with no warning. If you've spent the last three months doing chat everyday, and suddenly come in and you're on the phone for the rest of your time there, don't expect an explanation, even if you ask. If they deign to give you an explanation about anything, it's usually a lie.

I don't know how many times I was told I couldn't have my phone out. I would get called out by the one manager who sat at her desk and played Candy Crush right in front of everyone. We were told we could not eat at our desks, but guess what management brought in? Chick-Fil-A, Dominoes, Subway, McDonalds, and whatever else they felt
  more... like eating. Their favorites were never called down for these two rules, by the way.

The trainer will make it sound like God came down from heaven and created the company for your happiness, and they will lie about all the bad things you have to deal with. It's a very rude awakening to get out of training and found out almost everything you were told is a lie.

I have watched other people get fired because of "call avoidance" when in actuality, the soft phone software has messed up for the umpteenth time. Management does NOT believe that the software messes up, they think you're lying, always.

If you move up to the next position of responsibility (tier 2), you get one whole dollar as a raise, but your actual responsibilities increase by a lot. You get pressured by management and they expect you to do a lot of extra work for no extra money. I have personally witnessed people quit when they realized how much they were expected to do for $1 extra an hour.

Also, if you want to use the bathroom? Take a call? Go to break? Go to lunch? You always have to ask permission, and sometimes you are told to wait 5-45 minutes extra before you can go. Also, there are two people in management who will ALWAYS make you wait five minutes no matter how slow or busy it is. I think it's a power trip.

And finally, they do not care if you have a life outside of work. All they care about is "business needs". Just try working there, and asking why you can't go to break on time, or why you're being forced to do an hour of mandatory overtime everyday. It's because of "business needs".

This job does not treat you like a person. You will probably see many reviews about the place, some saying it's a good place to work, and some saying it's a bad place to work. As far as I'm concerned, if you try working in the Scotts program, at the Kings Mountain location, it is an awful job.

I have also personally witnessed half a dozen people get together and go above management's heads with complaints about all the above things I have mentioned. One person in particular kept meeting with the Site Operations Director and after 3-4 months, there were still no changes or improvements.

The only good thing I can really say about this place is that my co-workers were amazing and friendly people, they supported me in everything I did and never gave me a hard time. They took time out of their day to say hey to me, and over all, they were very sweet. I miss them for sure, but that's all I miss.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention - Do NOT go to Human Resources with any complaints. They are not professional, they will talk about your complaints while on their smoke break and tell management, too. Complaining about management will get you no where, I guarantee it.
Pros
Extremely friendly co-workers, easy to get the job, easy to do the job if you pay attention, they will sometimes work with you on needing an extra day off or being late or absent
Cons
Insultingly low pay, poor management, no communication, favoritism, disgusting bathrooms, very little opportunity for advancement, very few rewards
As awful as it's reputation leads you to think
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 4, 2019
It's the lowest paid call center in the region. Management is immature and quick to pass the blame. Expect supervisors to play favorites and gossip everything you might have confided to them to other employees.
Watch your hours and paychecks because they are quick to "forget" to pay you what you worked.
They promise their big clients the world and expect the lowest rung employees to do 5 jobs at once. If you are halfway smart you can expect to start doing your supervisors job also, so that they can sit back and chill.
Programs vary for schedules but don't get too reliant on what they tell you, they will flip your hours around at a days notice and expect you to adjust your family life with no complaint.
I can't really think of one positive thing, expect it's near a major highway so if you're in this small town it's convenient. Other than that, run and don't believe any talk of "changes are coming".
Pros
location
Cons
management, pay rate, schedules, unprofessional
Currently working as phone nurse in call center taking inbound calls
nurse taking incoming calls (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 13, 2018
I've been working there for about 5 years and on my team specifically, I cannot advance any further in my position so that is a big downfall. Your team really depends on how your manager is, they can make it or break it. It's a fun place to work but you never know if you will have a slow day or fast day since it's a call center. The job is easy to learn for some but many people just can't get it. You have to be good with computers and learn fast and multitask. Health benefits are meh, PTO is good starting off with 2 weeks per year. for full time All major holidays are paid and off for most programs, no weekends for most programs. The company just got purchased by another company, so future is feeling not so secure. Nurses actually make decent money comparable or even more than most care facilities or doctor's offices but if you don't have a degree or nursing license you really won't make much here.
Pros
Pay, Pto, paid holidays, fun atmosphere, fun activities, prize giveaways and holiday parties
Cons
upper management, no room for advancement, no sick days, all tied into PTO and no matter what a call out gets you points which accrue until firing.
Horrible
Contact Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCNovember 27, 2018
They pay employees very little. Recruiting can only get you associates from KFC or Walmart. It's a call center. Turnover is 78% annually. You can't retain good quality people and keep them.
productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCNovember 25, 2018
it is a very good company to work for. They were very accommodating when it came to needing days off for personal reasons and always cared for the agents
Good work environment and management
Account Representative I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time employed here mostly because of the job itself. Assisting people with illnesses and preventative measures. kOverall, I'd day a great place to work, especially for a call center.
Pros
Helping people daily
Cons
minimal pay
Good enviroment
IT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 19, 2018
- It can be stressful depending of the day of the week.
- We learn about new businesses and protocols of major companies.
- Thumbs down for holiday management.
great friendly place to work
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittston PANovember 18, 2018
The coworkers were great as well as the mangers where great. I wish I was still there TBH but lost my job for non working family problem. The job was okay for pay but the coworkers made it worth going into work each day.
Pros
Great cowokers and great managers
Cons
Pay could be better
Nice culture
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PANovember 6, 2018
Nice place at times and good people. you can laugh and smile most days.

They do have a Foosball and pool table in the cafeteria and offer some good compensation for some things.
Pros
Good environment for the Analysts
Cons
No room for growth
Amway Global
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2018
Place order for Amway Global. Helped customers find what they were looking for in the amway catalog. Assisted IBO's in registering new business owners.
Not a good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCOctober 25, 2018
It was unorganized and unprofessional. I worked there for 8 months and was let go for my background check that never changed during my employment with the company. They expect a high volume of calls and little to no mistakes. They change trainings on you and they don’t provide a clean work environment. There is not anyone nice in HR. They were rude and mean. I do not recommend this workplace environment for anyone.
The management should practice what they preach.
Customer Service Rep/Chat/DTC/Queue (Current Employee) –  Kings mountain NCOctober 20, 2018
The management should follow the rules for what they instill on the employees. The expectations are more than what you get paid for. The hours are not bad but you must work one weekend day every week during season.
Pros
Meet new people and talk to some interesting people on the phone
Cons
I would not recommend as a permanant job
Horrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCOctober 18, 2018
Management is made up of favorite picks, not qualified candidates. Supervisors are disrespectful bullies. Foul language by supervisors is the norm. They paint a good picture until you get through training. Then lookout...you'll be job searching again.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Supervisors show favoritism, are disrespectful and belittling after training is over.
Good not great
Account Representative I (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAOctober 16, 2018
Worked as cs rep and on social media channels. Quick paced work, always busy and coworkers/supervisors were always willing to help out. Great company culture in office but once you go work from home (if you do) that's lost a lot. Pay was extremely low and there wasn't much room for advancement. If you want a job this is a great place, if you want a career not so much. Left due to that and the fact that they had promised me a promotion and didn't follow through after a year (and very very small raises that didn't end up being a lot in the long run, so low pay). Other than that, management was great and so were the coworkers.
Pros
good supervisors and coworkers, fun work environment in office
Cons
low pay, little to no advancement
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCOctober 16, 2018
You are expected to do a ton of work for low pay. Managers have their favorites and are rude to good employees. Management is not professional and gossips with employees about other employees. HR is mediocre and does things on their own time and not when you request it. I also brought home bed bugs from them. It was reported several times that a few people were being bit but not much was done. No advancement even though they tell you there is.
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
Bed bugs, not enough pay, no advancement, too much office favoritism and gossip
Same as every call center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 9, 2018
The program I was assigned to, was brand new and it was getting everything from the clients from the backpacks to the desk chairs. The hours were awesome hit jk overtime available unless your helping out in another department
Cons
No overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C3I Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.