CACI International

United States1,929 reviews

Found 1,929 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,086 reviews

Nice place to work

Featured review

CACI International selected this as a representative review
This is a great company to work for, benefits are great in terms of medical and time-off. Management has been great, its easy to advance to other areas. They have a virtual university where you can take courses for free.

Official response from CACI International

July 13, 2021
Thank you for your review! We are incredibly proud of what we have accomplished in terms of continuous learning via our Virtual University and Communities of Practice!

Not a bad place to start

It was an IT helpdesk. Days were typically very busy. My regret was staying there and stagnating for as long as I did. Pay was alright. Benefits were ok. My coworkers were amazing. CACI paid for school and certs. Vacation time was a little lacking from my discussions with other IT employees at other companies. My biggest problems in an otherwise decent job, was that I had literally 5 bosses whom didn't like/talk to each other. I got conflicting information a lot and it was stressful. The other negative was that there was no room for advancement at the specific job that I was working. I had to leave to get a decent pay raise. Those criticisms are likely unique to that helpdesk job though. I'd have no problem going back to work for CACI in the future.

Pros

Tuition and certificate reimbursement, healthcare was great, the people were amazing

Cons

Management and a lack of upward mobility

CACI International insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Solid Company with Great leaders, good benefits, and lower than average pay

I loved working for CACI! My program and deputy program managers were fantastic! The pay was a bit lower than should be expected from my time and position but the benefits were nice. Leave was good too. They are VERY military friendly. The biggest difficulty was that they are a contracting company which means that once a contract goes away you have to work to find a new position. However, they were very helpful in the process and very flexible in changing contracts. Definitely recommend them.

CACI truly promotes life-long careers and gives you the resources needed to create our ideal careers.

Overall good company to work for especially if you are willing to put in the effort. Could be stressful at times but overall not a bad fit and lets you work remote as well.

Pros

Ability to work remote.

Cons

A lot of travel with my job.

Always family first with the company. Great managers.

Flexible hours if needed. Nice people to work forNice benefits if neededtelecommute optionsFun people to work withThey have a great 401 k plan.

Lost sight of the customers needs

This company spent more time worrying about making reports look pretty, than the actual work the customer contracted us for and consequently, the customer dropped the contract.

Plus grading investigators should be manager responsibility not Reviewers. If you have laptop issues many times it has to be shipped back.

Upper management stinks! They and team leads have favorites. Production and metrics huge issue except for favorites! Too many managers and team leads.

Okay job but not great

Pros:- Decent pay and benefits- Stable work scheduleCons:- A lot of micromanaging when I worked there- Had to stare at a bright screen in a dark room all day- Very monotonous work

Great Work Life Balance at a Cost

You won’t find better work life balance. Time flexibility, no micromanagement, decent individual autonomy on tasks.The real problem is the pay, as well as the fulfillment gained from the work. This is less to do with CACI, and more the nature of government work.You may work for years on products that will never be used, all the while being underpaid in relation to public sector work.

Pros

Work life balance, low stress, no micromanagement

Cons

Pay, sense of purpose in the government machine

Rewarding job

It’s a great company to work for, especially for entry level. I was able to get a friend hired also through their referral program. It does require a security clearance which can be a pain.

Productive and great place to work.

Theirs nothing bad about this company,not as long as i was working there.Upper management works with you,gives meaningful informaton about task at hand. Plenty room for advancement. people are friendly.Enjoyable place to work.My title was site manager for mail contract to fort monmouth and surrounding area. .I enjoyed my time with CACI,and fellow employees.

Leadership needs improvement

I worked for CACI fo 19 1/2 years, in that time 1 promotion, saw others receive multiple hired a deputy outside of the company who had left under difficult conditions. Higher leadership is either blind or doesn't care what local managers do or require. The level I worked at was like a subsidiary of CACI. No one from the outside the local area visited more than 3 times my entire tenure.

Pros

Never denied time off or PTO

Cons

Leadership, Lack of, in the beginning nepotism, then cronyism and finally narcissism

Busy, exciting, a place where I learned new experiences

My day was pretty busy, I learned how to troubleshoot various issues, my lead was the best, the workplace culture was relaxing and enjoyable to work in. The hardest part for me was if I did not know how to troubleshoot, I had use my researching skills to find out how to assess and fix the issue. My hours, oh the hours.

Pros

Experiences I learned

Cons

No Cons for me

Management sometimes has high expectations for their field investigators.

Field Investigators are highly trained by CACI to perform their duties with the US Department of Defense, Defense Counter-Intelligence, and Security Agency. High expectations with their reports for the government.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

Hard to be promoted without good metrics.

Great workplace. People are friendly and helpful.

I absolutely love my job and everyone I work for and around. I am given the opportunity to learn new skills which only affords me the opportunity to advance. I wish the company would offer raises and/or bonuses on an annual basis.

Local management always willing to work with you. Corporate management seemed to always be more interested in making our jobs harder. Corporate management hurt local business.

Pros

Great local management

Cons

Deadlines deadlines caused by unrealistic schedules.

No work/life balance. Societal bias within management and at corporate.

Diversity was seen as a task and not truly embraced by the company. We were required and tracked to fill out survey for company to make the top 50 company listing. Management wasn't

Lots of Job Security but, no advancement for Contract workers.

You get all of the federal holidays and you can reasonably set your own hours (5-8hr days, 4-10hr days, 4-9hr & 1-4hr day).CACI is a big enough company that the work seems to be consistent, I never worried about downsizing. The work can get a little pressured at times when the work load increases but, management is very reasonable about how much work can be done in a day (you are compared to others in similar positions by various metrics) and as long as you are in the average range they leave you alone to do the work.Fantastic GIS experience with a company that is extremely well-known in the industry.The big downside is they like to hire a lot of contract workers (I was hired through Aerotek) and those contract workers have very little to no chance of moving into a permanent CACI position. Some of the other contract workers had been there for over 2 years, I only stayed a year.

Pros

Industry recognition, holidays, flexible hours

Cons

Contractors will stay contractors

Good stepping stone to a clearance and a better job. You will work off the clock if you don't want to get fired.

Think of a position as a Background Investigator as a 1-3 year stepping stone to a clearance and a better job and you'll be fine. You will work off the clock if you don't want to get fired.

Remote with good pay

Flexible schedules, good pay and opportunity for growth. Company culture is very important so there's periodic evaluations to make sure you're happy.

nothing special

Nothing special , low pay, low security, poor benefits, no encouragement, no career, no promotion, nobody cares you, you are just tools for profit, avoid this company!

Pros

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CACI International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare CACI International with

• CACI International
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?