CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Cbs
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CBS in Tyler, TX. The people were friendly and easy to work with. The schedule was very consistent and the pay was decent. The workplace was very professional.
too short contract to tell
CONSULTANT, ZEROCHAOS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2018
too short contract to tell. People were great but they are a bit unorganized. Seems like they may have had some turnover recently and they are using very old technology. I think they are having challenges moving to new tech.
Pros
Nice People
Great Culture
MANAGER, PROGRAMMING (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
CBS has a terrific culture where everyone is involved in deciding new ventures, we share ideas and are constantly asked for our opinions. Great place to work in sports
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not a lot of advancement
Good Company to work for
Stage Manager/Video Editor/Master Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2018
Great place to come and get your feet wet.
Passionate, Strong management... Good people!
i think this company is very very good.
Not a lot of room for growth with this building but this place can be a great stepping stone, if you looking tp move around
Pros
great environment
Cons
hiring process
Term TV Deal Thumbs up!
Creative Executive - The Tannenbaum Company (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Our production company was based at CBS Studios and we were well taken care of. The facilities are great and the food at Carla's was always a good option.
Day to day
Director of Integrated Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2018
Weekly I was responsible for all events of the 6 station cluster, sales applications & activations. I managed AE's from all six stations inviolved with the various events.
Pros
The people I worked with on the client side were amazing!
Cons
The management was oppressive!
Underwhelming environment
Account Executive CBS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Company lacked effective leadership from the top down. Most employees ran scared because the workplace culture lacked any positive reinforcement on any given day. Most Account Executives knew how to perform in job, but management never had grasped the ability lead. The general impression in the workplace was that most people were coasting through the day. Not a lot of autonomy either. It was apparent CBS did not want to invest in their product, which hurt morale.

In the end management is portrayed as puppets to corporate heads, and as result there is no positive momentum for the company.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
terrible leadership
Both pros/cons. Depends on your boss
Executive Assistant on TV Show (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CASeptember 28, 2018
CBS was OK. Lot is small so you get to know everyone pretty quickly but parking is really bad, especially when a show is taping or a visiting production/movie comes.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, short lunch break
my workplace is close to Hudson River, so I can walk there everyday.
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I love the environment, people can get along very well, I've explored myself more into Video broadcasting world, and get more opportunity of learning into my professional career.
Fun work environment with good people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I worked with genuine people at CBS News. We all had our bests interests in mind and that is to help the company and help grow revenue for our inner department, "Archive Productions". I'm proud to call myself a CBS employee and am looking for a new challenge to grow elsewhere.
Everythings A Mess
Information Security Group Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
You're given the impression there's a ton of perks when you work for CBS. There aren't. They hire the worst managers and leaders somehow or the culture corrupts the good ones as well. The culture is terrible, if you're not a manager or executive you don't count and it's felt every single day. They are so behind on technology it takes them a year or years to do things it should take much less time to do. They pinch pennies everywhere they can so they can pay their Sr. Directors and above their nice salaries and bonuses. Oh yeah they also hid the fact that people were getting bonuses and then once it was known they informed everyone it was for Sr Directors and above only.
Production Assistant
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
High priority, fast paced, however organized with a direct work duty schedule. Traveled to nationally televised, high-viewership SEC games in select cities as part of the broadcast communication team  Assisted graphics producers during football and basketball games with recording, tracking and communicating specialty stats pertinent to the broadcast  Responsible for helping camera crew pack essential equipment into loading truck after games
Great Place to Work
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
CBS was a great place to start my career. It is a great environment surrounded by motivated people who are helpful with career advice and give you the tools you need to succeed.
hectic work environment
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2018
crazy busy work environment with an awesome support and educational support system...great mentor and peer pairing environment...very driven and motivational
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
lots of travel
not for me
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 28, 2018
sales can be challenging but having to sell something that you cannot see if very hard! i was up for the challenge but at the cost of my own gasoline to drive to and from appts.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Digital Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2018
Most of the people are extremely nice, and the atmosphere is relaxed, but the salary and benefits are not competitive. They have also let go of a a lot of people, and now you have one person doing multiple jobs without extra pay.
Great company with lots of perks
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
If one seeks loads of information or just to learn new things this company has it all. Career development and advancement at your finger tips. With all types of departments one can explore and find that perfect fit that contours to their needs and desires.
Pros
Room for growth and advancement
Cons
Adrenaline, chaotic, team oriented, fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I loved working for CBS-I was a Production Assistant for 3 years. I worked every event from Super Bowl to US Open Tennis. I worked primarily in the studio for their shows or shooting features. I applied for full time position since I was considered a Freelance. At this time CBS merged with CBS SPORTS NETWORK (not even sure what that was) By my third year it was clear that they were doing a house cleaning and many people who worked their whole life were let go.
CBS was always known that if you pay your dues you will move up-that changed and I still am in contact with people from CBS and have heard it has gotten worse. I had to leave and move back to Buffalo because I could not financially live in NYC anymore-even when I took other Freelance jobs as well. I loved my experiences and the people at CBS. They became a 2nd family and even though I was only a Production Assistant I got the opportunity to work with editors, features, writers etc. I learned so much!
Pros
Exciting Events to work
Cons
No Mobility
Logging footage, selecting highlights and doing research
Highlight logger, Researcher, Scorer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I would work in the studio with live Football and College Basketball games going on. My responsibility was to log every play of the game and select highlights for the Producers and Editors to create for live television. I also researched any information that would be important and relevant to the game and its players for the purpose of news and creation of Video Packages.
Pros
Great work environment, great people and love the content
Cons
Part time hours
Great place
Field Producer/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
We covered a range of major breaking news stories in Colorado for CBS News. Very fun work, very challenging. Great experiences. Stories ranged from major storms to serious crime events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CBS Corporation.

Powered by Comparably