CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

my workplace is close to Hudson River, so I can walk there everyday.
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I love the environment, people can get along very well, I've explored myself more into Video broadcasting world, and get more opportunity of learning into my professional career.
Fun work environment with good people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I worked with genuine people at CBS News. We all had our bests interests in mind and that is to help the company and help grow revenue for our inner department, "Archive Productions". I'm proud to call myself a CBS employee and am looking for a new challenge to grow elsewhere.
Everythings A Mess
Information Security Group Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
You're given the impression there's a ton of perks when you work for CBS. There aren't. They hire the worst managers and leaders somehow or the culture corrupts the good ones as well. The culture is terrible, if you're not a manager or executive you don't count and it's felt every single day. They are so behind on technology it takes them a year or years to do things it should take much less time to do. They pinch pennies everywhere they can so they can pay their Sr. Directors and above their nice salaries and bonuses. Oh yeah they also hid the fact that people were getting bonuses and then once it was known they informed everyone it was for Sr Directors and above only.
Production Assistant
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
High priority, fast paced, however organized with a direct work duty schedule. Traveled to nationally televised, high-viewership SEC games in select cities as part of the broadcast communication team  Assisted graphics producers during football and basketball games with recording, tracking and communicating specialty stats pertinent to the broadcast  Responsible for helping camera crew pack essential equipment into loading truck after games
Great Place to Work
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
CBS was a great place to start my career. It is a great environment surrounded by motivated people who are helpful with career advice and give you the tools you need to succeed.
hectic work environment
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2018
crazy busy work environment with an awesome support and educational support system...great mentor and peer pairing environment...very driven and motivational
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
lots of travel
not for me
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 28, 2018
sales can be challenging but having to sell something that you cannot see if very hard! i was up for the challenge but at the cost of my own gasoline to drive to and from appts.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Digital Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2018
Most of the people are extremely nice, and the atmosphere is relaxed, but the salary and benefits are not competitive. They have also let go of a a lot of people, and now you have one person doing multiple jobs without extra pay.
Great company with lots of perks
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
If one seeks loads of information or just to learn new things this company has it all. Career development and advancement at your finger tips. With all types of departments one can explore and find that perfect fit that contours to their needs and desires.
Pros
Room for growth and advancement
Cons
Adrenaline, chaotic, team oriented, fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I loved working for CBS-I was a Production Assistant for 3 years. I worked every event from Super Bowl to US Open Tennis. I worked primarily in the studio for their shows or shooting features. I applied for full time position since I was considered a Freelance. At this time CBS merged with CBS SPORTS NETWORK (not even sure what that was) By my third year it was clear that they were doing a house cleaning and many people who worked their whole life were let go.
CBS was always known that if you pay your dues you will move up-that changed and I still am in contact with people from CBS and have heard it has gotten worse. I had to leave and move back to Buffalo because I could not financially live in NYC anymore-even when I took other Freelance jobs as well. I loved my experiences and the people at CBS. They became a 2nd family and even though I was only a Production Assistant I got the opportunity to work with editors, features, writers etc. I learned so much!
Pros
Exciting Events to work
Cons
No Mobility
Logging footage, selecting highlights and doing research
Highlight logger, Researcher, Scorer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
I would work in the studio with live Football and College Basketball games going on. My responsibility was to log every play of the game and select highlights for the Producers and Editors to create for live television. I also researched any information that would be important and relevant to the game and its players for the purpose of news and creation of Video Packages.
Pros
Great work environment, great people and love the content
Cons
Part time hours
Great place
Field Producer/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
We covered a range of major breaking news stories in Colorado for CBS News. Very fun work, very challenging. Great experiences. Stories ranged from major storms to serious crime events.
Great company culture
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
I worked at CBS Corporation for almost 12 years. It was a wonderful experience and we parted ways in good terms. I would recomend this company to anyone.
Productive place to work .
Administrative Assistant Security (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2018
Very organized and helpful staff. Strong leadership and fun place to work . Have a good relationship with my co-workers .
Management is accommodating to schedule
Productive work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
the communication that the security department has is incredible. They defined the word team, treated everyone with respect. Most importantly the security of the CBS staff was key.
Good Place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 30, 2018
good place to work. Was happy going to work every day. Great people to work with. Good manager. Good work life balance. unfortunately they had a reduction in workforce
Season Freelancer
Super Runner/Studio Runner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
I am a seasonal freelancer who mostly works local NFL games. Pretty relaxed environment with a sense of teamwork. Plenty of employees so individuals dont feel overworked.
happy place
Door Attendant/ Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
a typical day at work is ok when you get to inter act with the residents i get to listen to there ideas and i get to put a smile one there face also learn from others
Pros
pros about working with CBS you get to educated yourself
Multiple brands = multiple strategies
Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 16, 2018
Compensation is good, but there is no work life balance. You are always 'on' regardless of vacation, illness, or natural disaster. Aging, legacy applications and the refusal to invest in new technologies will be the downfall of some brands. There is no single mission or leader to unify.
productive progress with what happens.
Worker Easter Seals UCP (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 11, 2018
helped with case management with understanding the needs and wants of the consumers.work place was fill with love and laughter and it brought about a change in everyone's attitude.
Pros
getting along with families and co workers
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss