CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Review
Vice President, Marketing Finance (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Enjoyed working with multitude personality types, and executives on a daily basis. highly stressful but very rewarding environment.
Small studio, which meant I was able to wear many hats, it's very challenging as i was responsible for many things. Negotiating contracts, working with legal, working with many different vendors, trying to negotiate favorable contracts. Working with our financing partners securing appropriate P&A funding.
Pros
People
Na
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 20, 2019
I worked for this company as a temporary employee and had a good experience for the most part. I did have a negative experience when I became pregnant and had to be absent due to extreme morning sickness. A manager called me and very angrily reprimanded me and told me to just drink ginger ale.
company
rockstargames (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 5, 2019
better managment a better carrer is a better opportunity being a full sail college student transferd out of unc a better carrer in managment a better carrer being a student a ceo
I have nothing bad to say about this company
Clerical/factory (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2018
CBS has always treated me with great respect and came thru on position that I needed. It has been a long time since I had a position with any major company because of family illness, but I am ready to get back in the field.
Pros
I have none
Productive, high energy workplace
Night Editor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 30, 2018
1. I was in sports, so it was a lot of fun.

2. There weren't typical days, so to speak because sports is a dynamic field to cover. I learned to be flexibility. That package you worked so hard on, for hours? Take it down, Steph Curry and the Warriors just did something unheard of in the NBA.

3. From management I learned to be focused on accuracy ahead of searching for easy clicks. Also, lead to by example but, teach when someone is stuck and make sure my team knows the standard that must be met for success.

4. Workplace culture could be intense but that is sports. Lots of room for recreation and on site perks were always near.

5. The hardest part of the job was the pressure. We covered every major sport, each game, controversy, trade rumor and every big ticket event. As Night Editor I was responsible for keeping the site fresh and making sure the writer's content got into the system where it could be managed by my team of editors. Things happen fast in sports and our viewers want the information now. It was my job to make sure that content was correct and delivered fast, fair and accurate.

6.An exciting job with satisfying responsibilities and a culture of accountability. Good people to work with and learn from
Pros
Lots of food and a loose environment as long as goals kept.
Cons
It is a lot of sports
Great place to work and learn the radio business
Mix Show Coordinator / On-Air Music Mixer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Great place to work and learn the radio business.The staff is filled with team players. i was able to take my career in music to another level.I'm Glad i was a part of this company.
Case Research
Stringer (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 28, 2018
Visit 14 metro Atlanta courthouses.
Combing through hundreds of cases per visit looking for cases which would be good candidates for reality court tv show.
Pros
Flexible, No Stress
Cons
Low Pay
THE TALK - Great Crew & Cast! Everyone treated great!
Stand In (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2018
THE TALK is an excellent show to work on. Great Crew & Cast. Treated extremely well. Would welcome more work from this show. Stage Managers were well organized, Director was always pleasant and easy to work with. Everyone was positive and emmitted a good energy that showed in their final product, in addition to making positions like mine enjoyable. Their timing of things was impeccable, which I very much appreciated. The set is fun and professional all the way around.
Fun place
Photo Intern (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CANovember 20, 2018
working at CBS is exhausting and you are constantly busy - two reasons why I love working there. Everyone is immediately so kind and welcoming and willing to help. There are a lot of responsibilities, but they become easier to manage as the days pass by.
I worked at the CBS affiliate in Chicago - Worst experience ever.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
The job was very cut-throat. Some of my co-workers were rude and would not help me. The schedule I was originally offered was not the schedule I ended up working. I found it difficult to manage a good work-life balance. They do not cover moving expenses and basically expect newcomers to fiend for themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job were the friendships I made with three women (and one guy) who warned me that I was likely about to lose my role and comforted me when I was let go. Worst job experience ever.
Pros
A few awesome people.
Cons
I had a very aggressive manager who did NOT have my back.
Cbs
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CBS in Tyler, TX. The people were friendly and easy to work with. The schedule was very consistent and the pay was decent. The workplace was very professional.
too short contract to tell
CONSULTANT, ZEROCHAOS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2018
too short contract to tell. People were great but they are a bit unorganized. Seems like they may have had some turnover recently and they are using very old technology. I think they are having challenges moving to new tech.
Pros
Nice People
Great Culture
MANAGER, PROGRAMMING (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
CBS has a terrific culture where everyone is involved in deciding new ventures, we share ideas and are constantly asked for our opinions. Great place to work in sports
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not a lot of advancement
leadership does not reflect on the field
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 11, 2018
Management is never around to help or answer questions it's like you are on an Island, you have to relaid on your experience and not enough staff not what i expected.
Pros
No super vision
Cons
nice apprentice class.
Good Company to work for
Stage Manager/Video Editor/Master Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2018
Great place to come and get your feet wet.
Passionate, Strong management... Good people!
i think this company is very very good.
Not a lot of room for growth with this building but this place can be a great stepping stone, if you looking tp move around
Pros
great environment
Cons
hiring process
Term TV Deal Thumbs up!
Creative Executive - The Tannenbaum Company (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Our production company was based at CBS Studios and we were well taken care of. The facilities are great and the food at Carla's was always a good option.
Day to day
Director of Integrated Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2018
Weekly I was responsible for all events of the 6 station cluster, sales applications & activations. I managed AE's from all six stations inviolved with the various events.
Pros
The people I worked with on the client side were amazing!
Cons
The management was oppressive!
Underwhelming environment
Account Executive CBS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Company lacked effective leadership from the top down. Most employees ran scared because the workplace culture lacked any positive reinforcement on any given day. Most Account Executives knew how to perform in job, but management never had grasped the ability lead. The general impression in the workplace was that most people were coasting through the day. Not a lot of autonomy either. It was apparent CBS did not want to invest in their product, which hurt morale.

In the end management is portrayed as puppets to corporate heads, and as result there is no positive momentum for the company.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
terrible leadership
Both pros/cons. Depends on your boss
Executive Assistant on TV Show (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CASeptember 28, 2018
CBS was OK. Lot is small so you get to know everyone pretty quickly but parking is really bad, especially when a show is taping or a visiting production/movie comes.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, short lunch break
my workplace is close to Hudson River, so I can walk there everyday.
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
I love the environment, people can get along very well, I've explored myself more into Video broadcasting world, and get more opportunity of learning into my professional career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight