Productive, high energy workplace
Night Editor (Former Employee) – Fort Lauderdale, FL – November 30, 2018
1. I was in sports, so it was a lot of fun.
2. There weren't typical days, so to speak because sports is a dynamic field to cover. I learned to be flexibility. That package you worked so hard on, for hours? Take it down, Steph Curry and the Warriors just did something unheard of in the NBA.
3. From management I learned to be focused on accuracy ahead of searching for easy clicks. Also, lead to by example but, teach when someone is stuck and make sure my team knows the standard that must be met for success.
4. Workplace culture could be intense but that is sports. Lots of room for recreation and on site perks were always near.
5. The hardest part of the job was the pressure. We covered every major sport, each game, controversy, trade rumor and every big ticket event. As Night Editor I was responsible for keeping the site fresh and making sure the writer's content got into the system where it could be managed by my team of editors. Things happen fast in sports and our viewers want the information now. It was my job to make sure that content was correct and delivered fast, fair and accurate.
6.An exciting job with satisfying responsibilities and a culture of accountability. Good people to work with and learn from
Lots of food and a loose environment as long as goals kept.
It is a lot of sports