CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Learned a lot
Data Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
Working at CBS Sports was a great experience. While I was just a temporary position I still gained a lot of valuable information and knowledge about working for a bigger company.
Director, Business Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
I gained more than work experience, I gained a family away from home. They work hard to provide an inclusive culture where they invest both professionally, personally and in the community.
Fun Part Time Job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2018
It is an easy gig to work for extra money during the fall and a good way to enjoy broncos games while making a few bucks in the process. It is by no means full time work.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
not full time
Good flexibility with family life*
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2018
*If you are lucky with a good boss!
Overall a great company to work for!
The commute can be really rough...Depending on where you live. It takes about 2 hours from a distance of 20 miles away.
The culture here is really relaxed and friendly. I love working here but hate the commute!
Pros
Entertainment business and some celeb sightings
Cons
distance from freeways and commute time/city congestion
The place I worked for was a rehab center
Internship, Community Based Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMMarch 15, 2018
This place was amazing at this time I was doing my internship for my social work degree. It was amazing to work with the staff there as well as the clients. They always had so much to say I sat in on meeting concering the residence care the medication they were giveing and the understanding of why this was
Fun environment, no career advancement
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
While I loved my co-workers and direct manager, I couldn't achieve any career advancement because there were never any openings. This was frustrating and discouraging.
not
Jr. SOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
A company that can frustrate your work ethics, many times in the past they have betrayed my trust, management had a very poor relationship with a union contract that was in place. They on many occasions even tho they agreed to maintain in tact the c.B.A. (Collective bargaining agreement) standards, they did totally the opposite. I have nothing good to say about the fair treatment nor respect to myself or of other employees that I have observed unfair treatment towards.
Punctual
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for CBS. Pretty cool environment. A punctual but relaxing atmosphere. Very well rounded team. CBS always made an effort to show that they cared.
Pros
Lunches paid for on selected days - Incentive programs were ok
Incredible Work Opportunity
On Air Talent (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 25, 2018
Incredible Career Opportunity. There have been many chances for advancement and learning opportunities for growth. The support you get is not only on a local level but encouraged by corporate. But at the end of the day...It always boil down to 'business'.
Production Assistant
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Great experience with cameras and audio equipment and chances to advance with graphic training and and technical direction, but hard to obtain more than a few hours a week of work.
theres really no room for growth
Security/Reception - Full-Time assignment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Not the best place to work but will get you by for the time being. Theres no energy. its really strict. If you are not anyone of importance then the boss is inconsiderate when it comes to certain things.
Pros
you get paid for your lunch break
Cons
breaks arent that long
Active news operation
Northeast Regional Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
We were always busy, it was never boring. The job expanded every year, as we got better at covering news and as we embraced new technology that allowed us to do more.
We were all experienced news people, but our CBS experience meant learning new tasks: booking and operating satellite feeds, producing from remote locations, later learning non-linear editing on our desktop computers, building and maintaining server-based sites for our domestic and foreign clients. We still wrote our stories and edited scripted material from our affiliated stations.
CBS had top notch managers in some divisions, people who encouraged us and shared what they learned with us. They behaved as professional peers and got into the so-called trenches when events demanded it. CBS also had managers who were terrible at working with the people they managed, often becoming dictatorial, even avoiding daily conversation about the events of the day. These people decided who they liked and the people they didn't like we're avoided and ignored. This was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the stories on the air, working with the affiliates and other CBS shows to provide video and editorial material as needed. Learning from our diverse group of co-workers was also a big advantage. Many of us are still in touch and very much a part of each other's lives.
There something to said about being part of history and shaping the telling of it. This is not the time to sit on the sidelines.
Pros
Professional workshops, chances to talk to experts in a variety of fields.
Cons
Never knowing when news would break or how long it would last.
Cbs
Programming Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Great place to work. The only thing that they could do better is rewarded employees that go out of their way and beyond what their job requires because they care about their product.
Pros
friendly place to work at
Cons
pay
Excellent company; great benefits and co-workers
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 5, 2018
As this position was located at CBS Studio City production facility (40+ acres), the position was extremely busy. Multiple productions taking place on as many as 15 stages. The site required a large, efficient security group. But the security management team and the Operations group that run the studio are excellent and supportive, making for a demanding but rewarding experience.
Pros
Work environment, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Long hours and weekend work
Hard work but mostly rewarding
Anchor/Reporter (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2018
I host a morning TV show that is 5 and a half hours long. It starts at 4:40 am, so the hours are long but the show is creative and is worth it. Newrooms are tricky, so those who keep their heads down, seem to succeed.
Pros
Benifits are good
Cons
Hours are long
Great Experience
Audio Technician/Utility (Current Employee) –  Various LocationsJanuary 31, 2018
I first started working freelance with CBS back in September 2015. Since then I have had the opportunity to work on various crews broadcasting for many great shows including the SEC championship for NCAA football.
Stressful, Intense, and No Room For Error
Syndication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
CBS is a good company to work for, yet the department I work in has had many faults. I don't feel like I've been given proper training. Co-workers are great but management has been subpar in properly allowing new workers to train.
Pros
great benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
no advancement, management not the best
i work at cbs personal service
Assembler/Material Handler warehouse groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJanuary 30, 2018
wow indeed sorry i did now work for cbs the channel wow get it together indeed making me feel this out just to ge a job . i did not work for them. thanks
Great for me as I work from home.
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAJanuary 29, 2018
As a Per Diem Software Tester I work from home, but I do know quite a few people at the CBS offices from NY and LA. Everyone is great, and it is a great company to work for.
Professional News Organization
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Fast paced work environment
First rate professionals with very high standards
Everyday is a learning experience.
I enjoy the camaraderie of a tight knit group of highly motivated and experienced group of people.
Pros
Great people and good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CBS Corporation.

Powered by Comparably