CBS Interactive Employee Reviews

Ad Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2019
CBSi feels like a family. They have the old school values that are important to me - support, transparency and loyalty. It feels like they truly care about their people. Most employees stay for a long time, and even come back. The downside is that if revenue isn't strong, they get rid of contractors (happened to me) without scrutiny. But, I heard that they often rehire the same contractors. But overall, I loved the vibe and the integrity of CBSi.
Pros
Easy going energy
Cons
no free lunches
Not For Me
Senior UI Designer (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CADecember 3, 2018
Nearly the entire department was made up of contract freelancers working underneath a team of execs who had been there for many, many decades, some of whom had no idea how to operate a smart phone, let alone design for one.

Gig paid well but work was slow and stale and there was no space for fresh ideas or progressive aesthetics. Spent a lot of time working on key art and branding for shows only to have it suddenly replaced by an outside department's work. General consensus among designers was very much " doesn't matter to me as long as I get paid."

Environment was slow, cold and corporate, even though we worked amongst stages for soap operas and gameshows.
Pros
Next to The Grove, ample parking
Cons
Stale, lifeless environment, outdated, corporate-feeling work.
A shell of a company propped up as an innovation to protect the Parent company
Art Director/Designer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 5, 2018
A great place to work if you have no dreams or goals of your own. If you have the ability to check out and just do what is front of you, you can be very successful. But in interactive, the competition dictates being able to innovate, and CBS viewers don't follow suit.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2018
CBS Interactive it will organize workplace to work for provide tools and techniques for an individual to grow their careers. At time it could be challenging given the fact that this is a news organization. However, it is a rewarding position and company to work for.
Could Be Better / No Upward Movement
Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Could be a great company, not great management, leaders are green. No opportunity or support to advance your career. Nothing horrible but nothing special.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No opportunity or support to advance your career
Great place to work and grow t early career stage
Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
I got to CBSi a little late in my career, but I do see a lot of opportunity for growth, specially for the newest millennial generations.

Management very flexible and understanding of modern life and family manners, and the need of having employees happy and not stressed to focus on their job.
Great atmosphere and place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed working therer and the experience you gain as well. Great environment and overall culture of working at CBSi. I was a temporary job but glad I had my time there
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
temporary
Void of Leadership
Video Editor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 30, 2018
If you are young and want to freelance for $20/hour with no benefits and gain some valuable entry-level experience, this is the place for you.

The place is absent of any leadership and does nothing to develop or coach its employee base.

Truly one of the worst media entities you'll ever work for. This is CBS in name only, there is zero corporate oversight and lacks the core values of any respected media organization.

If you work for this entity whether it be out of college or beyond and have to relocate, I strongly suggest you rent as the current business model is not sustainable.

Within about 5 years it will operate as a much smaller shop, if not entirely absorbed and relocated to another region aligning it with other CBS properties.
Pros
Living in South Florida
Cons
Not a hint of leadership to be found, zero growth opportunities, awful pay
Great work environment
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Great work environment and supportive co-workers. Compensation is great and there are a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. Management is great.
Im an Intern
Product Management Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
As an intern, this job is pretty amazing. There are lots of perks and benefits. The full-time employees are great and very helpful. The management is goal oriented.
Troubleshooting & Retention Tech
Troubleshooting & Retention Tech. (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2018
• Responsible for understanding the customer’s technical needs; developing, defining and implementing short and long term Technical Service strategies to achieve company and customer needs.
Large, comfortable building with a cafe
Tech Support and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2018
CBS All Access was not anything like I expected, but it turned out to be pretty interesting. It wasn't for everyone, but once you learned the ropes, the job became bearable. Although, sometimes you would have some very angry customers, but most of the customers had problems that were quickly fixable. Also, the overtime that was offered to us was simply amazing. I was making an extra 300-500 dollars a week, just for working 1 overtime shift on one of my days off. Lastly, the management. I enjoyed conversing with some of my supervisors, however, there were a couple of supervisors who were extremely rude and sometimes even condescending. I understand that constructive criticism is a must for any workplace, but I felt that I was treated differently because of my ethnic background. This only applied to a couple of supervisors. Overall, I enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Overtime and weekly pay
Cons
Management was rude and most of the customers were irate
Fun, fast-paced place to work with great exercise gym.
Digital Media (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 7, 2018
The culture is great, there are plenty of social events and the exercise center below is awesome. Three food trucks everyday for lunch. Only complaint is the structure in place for raises is long and bureaucratic.
Pros
gym, beautiful campus, good environment
Cons
lengthy wait for raises
Mixed bag
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2018
CBS is a sweat shop. They are in a very competitive business. They have had bad luck offshoring to India. When football season starts, you will need to work extra hours, but when the end of football season comes, you will have to worry about losing your job.
Pros
Sports
Cons
Sweat shop
Lack of culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2018
CBSi is lacking good culture, good pay, and good advancement opportunities. Very political environment with many obstacles that keep you from doing your job. There are decent perks such as interesting speakers, monthly happy hours, and monthly canine Fridays, however it seems to be lagging in culture and other benefits compared to tech companies in the surrounding area.
Pros
Canine Fridays, good work/life balance, interesting speakers
Cons
low pay, negative work culture
Productive and fun workplace with pool, ping pong after work get together.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
You can not fine a better work environment work in then at CBS Interactive, there is always something going on to make life enjoyable and fun while you complete your day to day activities.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Overly Demanding at times.
Not a Career
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2018
If you need flexible work life this is the place, if you are looking to gain some skills this is the place. If you bare looking for flexibility this is the place
good people and products, needs better management
PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
Great co-workers although high turnover rate due to people getting burnt out. Overall goals of the company looking to the future but need more staff to maintain the level of product they demand.
Large Media Company with A Good Deal of Business but Little Career Advancement
Director of East Coast Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  52 West 52nd Street , New York, NYNovember 29, 2017
CBS is a decent place to work if you're not looking for instant career advancement . Still an old school mentality where it takes years for people to move up in the organization.

As with most big media companies there's also a lot of politics and red tape - so a bit tough to get things done.
Pros
Great Office Space, Fair Pay
Cons
Not enough career advancement
Management silos make for high turnover
Research Analyst, CBS Digital Media (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
Despite talented people, if you don't like being yelled at or spoken to in a condescending manner because of pressure from above, you'll have a hard time fitting in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Interactive. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CBS Interactive.

Powered by Comparably