CBS Radio Employee Reviews

Internship Was Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
Internship with CBS radio for three months. Great people and very helpful. I learned a lot of about different processes and systems. I got to meet many new people and learn the industry from the inside.
Event Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2018
Working at CBS Radio was fun and challenging. It was a very encouraging and positive environment and had many opportunities for advancement within the company.
great starting experience
Board Operator & On-Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 29, 2018
This was the first job I had out of college. I started as a marketing assistant and was able to grow in a board operator and on-air talent. I don't feel like there was an opportunity to advance to a full-time position but my time there was definitely useful in developing my skills.
fun
Promotions Assistant / Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
it was a great place to work. got to meet tons of people and artist. would definitely try and get in at a radio station if your looking to advance in the entertainment industry.
CBS Radio
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
Hard to give a review about a company that no longer exists!

While it lasted, it was trying and the people there were lovely. Then we were to merge with another company and all the good people left or were asked to leave.
Pros
All benefits and discounts
Cons
There were really no cons other than it doesn't exist anymore!
Learn everything then leave
Sales and Brand Partnerships Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
I have to say I definitely learned a lot but that's because management is unreliable, I was doing manager's job and Account Management without the pay. If you are a sales assistant/administrative, you will definitely learn immensely about the media world. Take those skills, develop them, and leave for a better company.
Pros
The people (not management)
Cons
Low pay, benefits
Its an okay job not the best
Promotions/ front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2018
CBS being such a big company it does not pay their employees enough. They offer you no benefits and they have you working outside for quite sometime. They also don't allow you to advance and grow.
Pros
got to meet a lot of people
Cons
no benefits, always had to work outside
Great place if you love sports.
Sports Reporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
This place legitimized the little experience that I did have. It also improved my insight of the place, and helped me understand how a live radio station is ran.
Cons
Traveling without a car. No room from advancement.
Overall Good Experience!!
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2018
Great environment and management! Very fun worke enviornment and opportunity to meet celebrities, make connections with people in the community and work directly with radio talent. Con, it is hard to advance. Small company with not many positions to offer unless willing to transfer to other locations and parts of the company overall.
CBS Radio was dysfunctional
Director of Digital Content (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
CBS Radio was dysfunctional with a lack of communication. The company then "merged" with Entercom by was really, in fact, taken over. Entercom is not a good company to work for.
Designing for CBS Radio– A Dream Come True!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
My time designing at CBS Radio has continued to challenge me to be not only a better graphic designer but also a better person. The office culture of Altitude Group, the employees company wide and the upbeat atmosphere that the local radio stations provide makes a musician like myself enjoy going to work every day. My Creative Director continues to inspire me and I hold this Graphic Design position at CBS Radio close to my heart.
Great Culture
Key Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
The people of CBS Radio were great. It was like coming into work with your friends every day. Everyone was extremely supportive and wanted to best for you.
CBS Radio is now Entecom
Sports Talk Show Host (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2018
Working at CBS Radio was decent but it's not improving with Entercom's ownership. Like other large radio companies, it's not great unless you're host.
CBS/ Entercom Radio does not pay its hard working staff. Dead End Job.
Radio Engineer (Former Employee) –  MiamiApril 1, 2018
CBS Radio is another example of a greedy Corporation! They are profit-driven to the point where they do not pay any of their staff enough wages to afford to be able to come to work! All the part-timers are treated very poorly and manipulated into working approximately 3 months a year but that work is spread out over 12 months just to torture you. You can work for this company for a number of years and give it your all and see absolutely no results! I would not waste my time in the radio business as 90% of the employees earn so little it's comprable to volunteer work! In Miami recently CBS spent 10 million dollars on their new offices decorated in the latest fancy furniture and accessories while paying their part time employees an average of $100 a week. If you like comedy and you have a sense of humor then this might be the employer for you. If you actually have bills and a family to support I would run for my life away from CBS Radio as they are Cheapskates and Storytellers. They will promise you the world and never deliver anything. If you enjoy heartburn from the free food, and ugly t-shirts which will be your pay then this is the job for you :-)
It's a shame that the current version of CBS is an embarrassment compared to the original company which were Pioneers in the radio and entertainment industry. Now CBS is run like a used car lot where they are selling worthless commercials to clients for extremely high prices. Buying advertising on CBS radio would be equivalent to buying ice cubes while living in the Arctic. Radio has become a business of selling commercials and
  more... worthless promotions to clueless clients who think they're getting a good value. My suggestion is to listen to Sirius Satellite radio and turn off your FM radio. Do not support the CBS (Entercom) sponsors as CBS radio is not paying the bands fair royalties or fair wages to its workers.
Oh and get a pizza delivery job, you will earn more!
Pros
If you like hanging out with mindless ego maniacs and earn poverty wages CBS Radio is for you!
Cons
Low pay, lying managers, no career growth, basically a worthless place to work for 90% of staffers
The best job and people I have ever had.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 29, 2018
From my first interview at CBS until the day I left it was a fantastic experience. The people were amazing, My boss was funny, smart, good looking and fair.

Everyone there wanted to be there and there was a great sense of team work. We all helped each other and were always willing to give above and beyond.

It felt like we were one big family and I wish that I could of worked there forever. Nothing but staying home with my baby would have made me leave that job.
Pros
People, meals, parties, team that cared.
Cons
nothing
Has some pros, mostly cons
Promotions Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 29, 2018
The management here was absolutely horrendous. Their favoritism was so blatantly obvious, therefore, only favorite employees would benefit from picking up work shifts. Coworkers were always really nice, but they needed to figure out a new system so everyone on the Promotions Team would have shifts.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No room for growth, no breaks, they would cheat you out on hours on your time card because they didn't want you to work overtime.
Fine for internships
Digital Content Coordinator/Associate Editor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2018
The office environment was quite toxic with emotional and unprofessional management. It seemed that everyone was just "holding onto their jobs," doing minimal work to earn a paycheck, and company morale was terrible. I suspect that had much to do with the company always on the market for sale, which affected office morale for fear of loss of job security.
Pros
Low standards for work, so it was easy - if you enjoy just earning a paycheck.
Cons
Low standards for work, so it was depressing - not good for morale or advancement.
I loved CBS
Senior Director/Designer, Digital Media (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2018
I fell victim to a merger with another company. I would have otherwise, loved to have stayed. They gave me so much creative freedom. I enjoyed my job every day that I was lucky enough to have had it.

I wish the new company all the best. And hope for the success of all my fellow employees who are still there.
Pros
Many fun people. Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Busy job, could be stressful. But I loved it.
Sold to Entercom
Multi-Media Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
CBS Radio is no longer in business. It was sold in 2017 to Entercom Communications. Much of the CBS Radio culture remains in the radio stations ad that culture is at constant odds with new management.
Board Operator/On-Air (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2018
Fun place to work with a great staff and a great boss. Competitive, but people are always willing to help out when needed. Very collaborative staff. Highly recommend,