CBS Rental & Supply Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst job ever
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Micromanagement, upper level that listens to bs rather than facts, no stabilization in any position, hr that has nothing better to do than lurk and low pay with no bonuses. But hey if you're up for a challenge this is it!
Pros
Branch team is great!
Cons
Sales and upper management needs a reality check and reins pulled back!
Awesome place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 6, 2018
This is an awesome company to work for. I've been with them for over a year now. The pay is great.... The employees are an awesome group. Management is top notch where I'm at. I travel occasionally which is fine with me.
Pros
Hour lunch, atmosphere is great, and pay is pretty good
Cons
Pressure washing muddy equipment
A excellent place to work for
Field/Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2018
inspect repair and maintain equipment in the shop and on the customer job site.
maintained small power equipment industrial generators small contractor equipment light tower and landscaping equipment.
This company sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  ConroeMarch 26, 2018
They dont hold theyer word and once you start showing them that they are wrong on the rules and regulations they get mad. Plus i was told that what they say goes and that they dont care
Do not trust this company!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TylerDecember 15, 2017
The worst and most unethical company I have ever encountered. They are not trustworthy and have no compassion for their employees. Terrible company and very poorly managed.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Poorly managed. Mid-level and upper management do not know how to run a business.
Horrible Management
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Management has no idea where the company is headed. Last minute changes always resulting in bad decisions. Recently I have seen some of the best middle managers let go. Those that really went above and beyond to get the job done. Mechanics leave left and right because of this. Very uneasy. May walk in one day and job may not be there. Until management figures out what they are doing everyone else won't be safe.
Pros
There are some really great mechanics and office staff here.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
Management is very toxic. Pride themselves in being TEAM oriented and talk a good game but in reality they could care less about their biggest asset; their EMPLOYEES.
Opportunities For Advancement
Sevice Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 15, 2017
I started out with CBS as a driver. I really enjoyed the job and liked my branch manager. He offer me the opportunity to help open a new store and train for other positions in the branch. After helping open the new store. I returned back to Tyler as an inside sales representative. I worked in that role for about 9 months before I was promoted to service manager. I like the people I work with and enjoy the many different opportunities I've had here.
Pros
growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement
Awesome Company To Work For
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
CBS is a great company to work for, great values, great pay, great benefits, like health insurance, owner goes over and beyond to provide the employees with the best benefits. The company has grown so much since I've been here. Opportunity to grow with in. Everyone helps each other out, family environment, we are truly a TEAM, TeamCBS.
Pros
Hour lunch, AWESOME co-workers
Let go after one day
Mobile equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa flMay 5, 2017
Started my first day with high hopes, left in the yard with little direction. Then they had the rental coordinator call me to pick up my tools, said they were going a different direction. The manager didn't even have the respect to call me himself. After reading other reviews this company looks shady.
Pros
Sounded good
Cons
No backbone
very difficult place to work
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
Company has a high rate of employee turnover and hard to decipher what direction the company is going to and how to contribute to the company to make it better.
Pros
Cons
management is very difficult to work with
Horrible work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
Executive management is the problem. The company used to be good to work for. Don't waste your time now. Even if you don't work directly under executive management they'll get you, no job security here.
Cons
Executive management
I would not go back to work there .
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2017
Go to work there if you would like to work for 1 year or less .
They said that they what to work as a team ,
They have a ops manager in there that said here is going to hold people accountable but who holds him accountable . The branch manager does not , Like I said if they have it in for you . You be looking for a job again .
Pros
Mechanics are good to work with .
Cons
Upper managent and owner .
uneasy work enviorment
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 16, 2017
had a pretty decent fleet of equipment to rent, lots of policy changes very frequently, pay was decent for me as a mechanic. lots of just figure out how to get it done being said by management. complete lack of shop supplies, and shop tools that should have been provided to get your job done. Do not ever say you will not let a piece of equipment go because you feel it is unsafe to operate.very uneasy feeling walking through the door everyday. do you research first, would have saved me several months of horrible frustration.
Pros
it was a job that provided a pay check
Cons
going to work here every day.
Do not waste your time!
Heavy haul driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
If you are considering this company for any position just keep in mind you won't be there long! Many people have spent the last 10-15 years devoted to CBS are no longer there some by choice some not. It is a very uncomfortable work environment with people making decisions that have no clue how to run a business!
They do not follow labor laws and sure do not seem to care youbwill expected to jump at every moment with this company and if you do not, you are the bad guy.
Pros
Cons
If you are looking to keep your driving record clean it won't happen here
Bad management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
Strong favoritism, unprofessional, everyday is torture. The way the company was conducted was a joke. ... There are managers there, that didn't know how to manage. All rules don't apply to everyone.
Great benefits
Service Manager/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Everyday was different. We are a small location with a huge work load. As service manager I would keep equipment logs and daily reports on equipment being worked on. Also I was shop mechanic,wash rack and yard man. Co workers were good people. Management not so good from corporate. The hardest part was keeping up with paper work as I was required to full fill duties after my yard man and wash rack guys were fired with no one to take there place. The most enjoyable part was learning about Genie lifts along with SkyJack lifts and telehandlers.
Pros
Taught me how to better plan my work loads in a very fast pace.
Cons
Not enough time in the day. Constant roll overs
was an awesome place to work until new ownership
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
was a family oriented company until the previous owner passed and new ownership took over. The change of the place you could physically feel. It became much colder environment. No ones job was safe. It was immediately evident that the employees lives didn't matter anymore. Such a shame for this to happen to such a good and well respected company
Pros
Atmosphere under old ownership
Cons
the new ownership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Rental & Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2