CBS Employee Reviews

Valuable
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 20, 2018
Valuable experience that I shared with others from across the country. It was like an extension of college. I developed friendships that I still enjoy today.
Fun
Line Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
This job has been everything and more to me. It's been 9 years now, I think that is saying a lot! The people are a pleasure to work with and they promote within the company.
Typical media company
Digital Analytics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
It was a typical media company with low pay and no career advancement. All the tech were really old school and no work life balance at all. Didn't learn much from work there.
Stable workplace with an established brand
Legal (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAMay 7, 2018
The workload is extremely heavy and requires the ability to successfully prioritize and multitask among various tasks in a day, often in time sensitive situations. This a great position for anyone looking to gain a great deal of production legal knowledge.
Great people o work with
Camera Assist (Former Employee) –  HonoluluMay 3, 2018
Great people to work with. Much was learned working with professionals in the camera department field. Everyone was proactive and helpful providing a safe and comfortable work place.
Great company and culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2018
I really have enjoyed my time at CBS, I feel I was treated fairly and felt it was very well run from top to bottom. I'm only leaving because there doesn't seem to be much more room to grow in my current department.
Exhilarating and fast-paced environment
News Anchor/Writer WCBS 880 AM New York (Current Employee) –  345 HudsonApril 19, 2018
I started working at CBS in 1997 as a news writer and they took a chance on me because I had only done on-air work. After I proved myself I because to anchor the news and that was when the real learning came in. CBS encourages well-read, well-informed journalists and not just "writers or anchors." They want everyone there to a burning passion for the messy and chaotic news business. The management is strict, but not overwhelming, the workplace culture is competitive, but balanced. The hardest part of the job is deciding what you will lead with. Local news? National news? Sometimes even a celebrity story can make you wonder is that's the lead story. But it always turns out exactly as it should. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is getting a story FIRST and getting it out there for the listeners to know immediately. Recently when The President green-lighted a missile attack on Syria, I got to tell our millions of listeners that military action was underway in a joint attack with Britain and France. Those are the stories I live for.
Pros
a nice kitchen with free snacks and great coffee
Cons
part-timers dont get any benefits or any paid days off.
Good place to work ... and get stuck.
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
The people are fantastic including the management. There is a low glass ceiling and promotions are virtually non existent. Most of the staff is permalancers.
Pros
staff, culture, develop new skills
Cons
you will stay at your current title indefinitely.
Very cut and dry
HEAD ELECTRICIAN - THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2018
Just show up and do your job. Less is more at this studio. Too many people in the boss' office. Unsafe facility, favoritism, backstabbing, lots of broken promises and no structure.
Pros
Its a good paying job
Cons
Crybabies, butt kissers, back stabbing, HR problems, OSHA standards not met
Not a lot of love for the worker bees
Commercial Producer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2018
The people here are great, but it's a revolving door at the moment. Low pay and high expectations, while not receiving a lot of credit for accomplishments.
Uneventful
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 28, 2018
The work environment was very redundant and uneventful. There was no room for advancement. Management could have been a lot better. I learned at this company it's best to do your job and go home.
Overworked and not a nice place to work. A cultist environment.
Photojournalist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
It's not a nice place to work, especially if you are pre diem.
A manager once told me that he had spies around and he knew everything that went on at CBS.t's
Pros
salary
Cons
managament
Learned a lot
Data Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
Working at CBS Sports was a great experience. While I was just a temporary position I still gained a lot of valuable information and knowledge about working for a bigger company.
Fun Part Time Job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2018
It is an easy gig to work for extra money during the fall and a good way to enjoy broncos games while making a few bucks in the process. It is by no means full time work.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
not full time
Good flexibility with family life*
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2018
*If you are lucky with a good boss!
Overall a great company to work for!
The commute can be really rough...Depending on where you live. It takes about 2 hours from a distance of 20 miles away.
The culture here is really relaxed and friendly. I love working here but hate the commute!
Pros
Entertainment business and some celeb sightings
Cons
distance from freeways and commute time/city congestion
The place I worked for was a rehab center
Internship, Community Based Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMMarch 15, 2018
This place was amazing at this time I was doing my internship for my social work degree. It was amazing to work with the staff there as well as the clients. They always had so much to say I sat in on meeting concering the residence care the medication they were giveing and the understanding of why this was
Cbs
Broadcast Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
This was ___. A good experience because ______ . I think you would like to work here because _____. I liked working in a _____. I did not like because ____
Fun environment, no career advancement
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
While I loved my co-workers and direct manager, I couldn't achieve any career advancement because there were never any openings. This was frustrating and discouraging.
Punctual
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for CBS. Pretty cool environment. A punctual but relaxing atmosphere. Very well rounded team. CBS always made an effort to show that they cared.
Pros
Lunches paid for on selected days - Incentive programs were ok
Incredible Work Opportunity
On Air Talent (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 25, 2018
Incredible Career Opportunity. There have been many chances for advancement and learning opportunities for growth. The support you get is not only on a local level but encouraged by corporate. But at the end of the day...It always boil down to 'business'.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS. Our community is ready to answer.