CDI/CDC (Continuing Development Incorporated/Child Development Centers)

CDI/CDC (Continuing Development Incorporated/Child Development Centers) Culture reviews

Toxic culture
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2019
Very negative and toxic culture. Management sets a terrible example for employees. Employees are not encouraged to think for themselves due to punitive actions.
Official response from CDI/CDC (Continuing Development Incorporated/Child Development Centers)
May 15, 2019

It is unfortunate that you had that experience as we have some great leaders and employees that have had some great ideas and have been able to contribute toward their center and regional programs and processes. We encourage our employees to reach out to the next level manager or Human Resources if they don’t feel they are being heard or have concerns about operations or management. Thank you for your feedback.

exciting and fun environment to work with
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2018
During the past years of working in this Continuing Development Inc. company, i learned a lot from children, parents, co-workers, and site supervisor. I learned about different kinds of people from different cultures. The most enjoyable part of this job was i got a a chance to be around with children everyday, teach them and play with them.
Clean and organized school
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 3, 2018
We able to visit the park next door to the center. Program manager was very nice and approachable. The hardest part of the job was leaving the children to go home. The enjoyable part ot the job was people from different culture.
Pros
Eating with the children
a financial stable non-profit company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2017
The company is in the business for a long time as a non-profit in their field that you can consider to work there until you retire if you don't mind how much you got paid.
Pros
relax work environment
Cons
compensation is not competitive
I love teaching the children!
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 2, 2017
Work days were from 1pm- 6pm Monday - Friday
I learned to have patience and empathy for others.
I had to manage 52 children from the ages 4-12 yrs of age.
The hardest part of my job was keeping every child happy and on track.
I enjoyed the different cultures of families and teachers and personalities.
Pros
Cooking for the kids, and traveling to other centers
Cons
Support from other teachers
Ok
Center Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 1, 2017
No room for growth. Management is unorganized. There is a lot of gossip and politics. Everyone in the company has different expectations so its hard to please everyone. Very low paying salary and high expectations.
Relationship based company that cares for it's employees
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMarch 17, 2017
A great company with a great foundation for caring for it's staff. Supportive and expansive, this company has great opportunities for continued growth and advancement.
Pros
supportive work culture
Cons
sometimes to relational - looses the business sense.
Very productive work environment.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 2, 2017
A very positive and productive place to work with great support to grow from the organization. A work place where the values and opinions of employees are highly valued.
Great place for preschool and school age children to learn and grow
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suisun City, CAApril 6, 2016
Works 5 days a week 40 hours per day.
Works with preschool children during preschool operation hours in Am/PM sections.
Works with school age children during after school hours.
I learned to adapt CDI/CDC culture, learned to implement High Scope curriculum, and learned to work with school age children.
I am learning to use positive leadership skills to take the lead in classroom and supervising other center staff when site supervisor absented. I am willing to support individuals who are not familiar the DRDPTECH-2015. I am learning how to cooperate with community licensing personal to review the qualification and limitation of the center and ensure no healthy and safety hazards that could harm any individuals.
I meet some great teacher, manager and supervisor individuals here, and I am happy to work with people who are kind, competent, and have great CEC knowledge. I am inspired by one teacher who has great people skills, and willing to support others about the CDI/CDC culture.
I feel comfortable to take different work shifts to support other co-workers when needed.
Pros
Great meal menu, great relationship between center staff and administrators, short commutt distance.
Cons
Often changed of working schedule. Cost of healthcare.
Friendly and productive place to work
Center Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CANovember 3, 2015
I had the opportunity to learn and grow in a very short period of time. My supervisor was amazing and had great people skills. My peers were awesome and hardworking always a pleasure to work with.What I enjoyed the most was having the opportunity to help others on a daily basis.
Culture and values demonstrated on a day to day basis not in alignment with "Best Practice"
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CaJanuary 11, 2012
Culture and values were not in alignment with "Best Practice" Management formed what seemed to be friendship clicks and in doing so, supervising and directing staff seemed often inconsistent and unfair.
Cons
unpaid overtime for salary and non-salaried staff