CDI CORP Employee Reviews

Great company with many great people
Purchasing Administrator/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
Worked for this company and they are wonderful to work with, great opportunity to learn and to grow. Wonderful people and the work environment is very relaxed but everyone carries their weight and gets the job done.
Pros
free snacks and great benefits
Cons
can think of any
working for CDI
Sr Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 9, 2018
I would not recommend this company.

There was little contact with CDI management.

Salary increases were dependent on the customer.

The position was a contract-to-hire with the customer. When the customer had a hiring freeze, I requested to be submitted for other projects. This fell on deaf ears. I finally located a contract that was open and convinced CDI to submit me for it.
Pros
Cons
limited management involvement
not recomended
concrete foreman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEFebruary 28, 2018
start working there as a labor be came a concrete finisher and carpenter but the pay was way to low for all that work we get don each day superentended had not knowlagy of what his job is
Pros
not recomend work there
Cons
shor breaks
CDI Corp Review
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 14, 2018
The work itself has a learning curve, but once you understand the process it becomes routine. Training for new employees is nearly non existent. The training that does happen occurs when you are need to perform a certain task that there is now a void for. Hard work is not necessarily acknowledged and deadlines are constantly missed due to the customer not providing what is needed on time and since the end customer is the same companyt he blame shifts to CDI employees.
Pros
The work environment is stable
Cons
Poor leadership/management
Enjoyed my time there
Electrical & Control Systems Inspector (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 7, 2018
CDI has over 60 years of helping Engineers, Drafts people, and Technicians advance their careers, while supporting a broad range of complex engineering resource needs and outsourcing projects. CDI’s history is rooted in Engineering the success of Aerospace, Oil, Gas & Chemicals (OGC), Energy sector, and Government and Defense related projects
Contracting company
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 21, 2018
CDI is a contracting company that provides workers for UTAS and PW.
It is an OK place to work depending on what team you work with.
Management is good, some of the workers still act like they are in high school.
Pros
group lunches around holidays
Cons
works off site from rest of team
Very good contract house!
Instructional Designer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 12, 2018
Very good contract house. Had many varied companies/contract opportunities to review. Enjoyed the TEK culture and personnel - they care about their contractors!
CDI is a good place to work.
Sr. Piping Designer (Cadworx) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2017
Productive, friendly employees, management good and low stress.
Amount of work was reasonable, project info was always provided.
Computer system was always kept in working order.
Pros
maximum coffee breaks
Cons
rate increases infrequent
Not agood place to work with
Principal Engineer (SRT) -Seismic (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 6, 2017
This is a job shop company. It places consultants for short duration of projects. At the end of the project you are at your own.There no permanent jobs with CDI.
Pros
Noe
Cdi
Sr. IT Recruiter & Temp Eng Recruiting Lead (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 6, 2017
CDI as a contract employment company is on an average typical for it's type of business. The benefits are on par with it's competitors. I experience a few reorganizations in my short time with the company and the last reorg closed my office. I cannot give an accurate comment on the management since this kept changing.
Contracting with CDI
Consulting Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mill, SCNovember 28, 2017
The contract engineering position was a very good one and I found the company I was contracted to to generally have good people. The support CDI gave me was very good especially the services group.
Pros
Good contracts and they pushed to have honest P/D rates
Cons
Not alwasy having something available to go to next in less than 30 days.
fun place to work
PURCHASE ORDER COORDINATOR, IBM COMPUTERS (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVOctober 16, 2017
Nice place to work but there was no room for job advancement. The insurance was very good but also very expensive. I could not afford to have my spose on my plan
Pros
fun events
Cons
no raises
No advancement potential and very poor morale due to management
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVOctober 6, 2017
Management interacts minimally with workforce. The morale of employees is very, very poor.

Most see it as a dead end job due to the lack of advancement potential. Most positions above the entry level are filled by outside hires instead of promotions.

Most entry level positions are brought in as a temp and the average temp does not get hired on for at least 1 to 2 years. As a temp they do not get the majority of benefits other employees get including sick time and paid time off.

Poor workforce management has led to even lower morale and an even more stressful work environment. Due to not enough employees, the workload continues to increase with no increase in pay for those involved. Employees are often asked to work through lunch due to this, and being unable to meet contractual agreements with clients.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, no pay increase, no advancement.
Cdi corp
Sheet metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2017
This Is a Temp Service which can always keep you with a job , sometimes local and sometimes you got to hit the road for travel. overall there a recruiter around to pass out paychecks and answer questions
Good company to work for
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2017
Anyone looking for a contracting position should look into CDI. The managers there are first rate and the company provides their own education website where you can take online courses that are self-paced. The management cares about their employees to make sure their careers are progressing and will work to resolve any issues that come up.
Pros
Good management, employer-provided education website
Cons
Job security (hey, it's a contracting position)
Run from this company
Mechanical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAAugust 23, 2017
Our local office was great to work in. The corporate managers were shifty. Always being told our office is costing the company money when in turn we were one of the few offices turning a profit. They closed down our office with 30 days notice. The CEO was replaced the day our office was closed.
Pros
Office workers
Cons
Corporate
The leadership is pretty standard no special perks and will not back you
Sr. I/E Designer (Current Employee) –  La Porte TexasAugust 21, 2017
There are a lot of other Job shops who offer more and do more for you. Typical job shop they fill the slot of the request and pretty much forget about you.
forklift operator /hilo
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2017
a typical day at work would be unloading and loading trucks,as well as doing put aways after labeling and scanning everything into the system. I enjoy my time while i was there.
Contract House
Sr. Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2017
Contract House. Very little interaction with CDI management or staff.

Constant concern for layoffs and furloughs. Recent reduction in pay rate, despite company's continued praise of level and quality of work.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
No PTO. Stress of constant layoffs and furloughs
relaxed work place
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2017
fun place to work. great fellow coworkers. overtime when needed.
relaxed work place. 4 day work week. great 401k plan, opportunity for advancement, great pay
Pros
great fellow workers