CDI Corporation Employee Reviews

great place to work
Immigration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
had great manager who was laid back. no room for growth; lack of work made me under stimulated; culture was great; company recently sold so sought other long term opportunities
Pros
culture, management
Cons
salary; lack of work and uncertainty of company future
Job summuray
IT Consultant/Remote (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2018
A typical day consists of managing my own tickets, contacting and or following up with users at various remote and onsite locations to remedy and support pc issues. While working at CDI I have obtained new found knowledge in various support, remote and time management programs while continuing to add to my knowledge base. In my opinion management is often too busy to support needed team members which in turn affects SLAs. Workplace culture is very diverse which I believe to be group oriented location.
The hardest part of the job is having possession of all necessary information and or equipment to service client. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction gained in knowing I have assisted others
CDI Marine
Subject Matter Expert/Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
CDI Marine works with many government contracts so job security is not always guaranteed. I have not been exposed to the corporate culture very much as the "corporation" is based in Philly and I work for a small team in San Diego. Benefits are equal to other identical companies in the San Diego area.
CDI was accommodating and flexible
National Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 4, 2018
The benefits for working at CDI for me personally was the ability to be remote. The work life balance because of this helped me thrive in BD. I was able to be here work when I needed to and really accommodate my customer but my family as well, which I believe helped in my overall success.
Awesome Company to work for
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 18, 2019
CDI Corporation is a good company to work for as they provide great compensation to their workers and offer great benefits. They also want to ensure that you take advantage of their education incentives as it would help throughout your work career.
No comment
Medical Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working and helping the patients and their families. Poor management; work culture lack of accountability. I learned to trust no one. The hardest part of my job was when I arrived I was told everything I did wrong and everything I didn't get done. Loudly and in front of patients.
Pros
Loved working with patients, good hours, good pay
Cons
Was lied to
Management Does Not Understand Engineering The Business
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
High Turnover with minimum loyalty from employees. Any good leaders they hire leave within 18 months.

In 2016, they FIRED everyone and then the fired employees had to reapply for their jobs. Is this a way to run a company?

Some excellent working line employees that are not appreciated by management.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Poor Senior Management
Contract placement with inherent challenges for such positions.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 7, 2018
No job security in contract positions through CDI. No feedback from CDI or client site management with a sudden ending of contract "due to lack of funding". While CDI stated I was eligible for placement, I received a COBRA letter two weeks later which was how I was informed my employment with CDI had ended.
Good place
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
The office was a small but great one. It has since been dissolved, but the organization's culture was great when I worked there. I would recommend as an early-career option.
From a Contractor's Perspective working in Payroll
Contractor Track Timekeeper I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
The company had an abundance of contractors on property there were lots of timesheets to review and process through payroll. Since the LyondellBasell Refinery is the largest plant in the Port of Houston, There was an extremely large demand for contractors on the property to process time for.

I have worked Turnarounds at British Petroleum and Valero in Texas City,and never had as many turnaround contractors on the property. The LyondellBasell refinery was the most organized, due their training quantity of timekeepers and other turnaround staff.
Pros
Great culture, and orientation for contractors
Cons
Pushing to make deadlines as is true in all turnarounds
Potential Opportunities
Project Management support (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 1, 2018
company had great potential for professional development and making a difference in the work landscape. Biggest challenge was the sacrosanct not willing to share notes and work with nascent employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no longevity
I worked remotely from home and had little or no interaction with CDI
Global IT Compliance Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2018
I was a temporary subcontractor through CDI to an IBM assignment and had very little interaction (if any) with CDI. No paid holidays or vacation and no job security. When assignment with IBM was over, my employment with CDI ended.
Pros
worked from home due to IBM assignment
Cons
No paid holidays or vacation
CDI would be great if run better
Sr. Engineering Tech III (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 4, 2018
I came to CDI being told it was a great place to work. My view is after my first year of employment, the department president retired. After that the company in my opinion has gone downhill to the point where we just were bought out. Currently the health care benefit are horrible which is an important part of any job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Benefits
Work as a subcontractor at a different company
Condition Based Maintenance Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2018
During this time I never once met with CDI Supervisor/Management for anything. My supervisor was changed 3 times, and only found out after the fact when I needed to call HR about something.
Not bad place just some bad people.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IADecember 18, 2018
The work wasn't really demanding. Had some good people. Just really really bad management. The pay is good 13.50 starting. They do an automatic life insurance policy. They switched over to a bonus program which sucks.
Pros
Pays well to begin.
Lead Project Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
Great place to work. Needed to make a move for career advancement. I'm still close to friends that I made while I was there. Nothing negative to say
Pros
professional
Cons
long drive to work
A typical day at work consisted of working on multiple challenging projects with partners across the globe.
Financial Reporting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of working on multiple challenging projects intended to supply management with the information to help make strategic and operational decision to run the organization.
Good company to work for
Senior Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJanuary 12, 2019
CDI was very understanding with my personnal needs. Excellent benefits and wotkimg conditions. Should have considered promoting from within more. Excellent company to work for.
Pros
Excellent vacation and benefits
Cons
High health insurance premiums
Your Standard Defense Contractor
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 22, 2018
I loved the people I worked with at CDI. I wish I could have taken them all with me to my new job. Benefits are expensive and not very good at all. Salary is pretty good. CDI is a great place to work if you're looking to get your foot in the door to defense contracting.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Good organization with some excellent people
Sr. Human Capital Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
Primary support of MRINetwork division of CDI with heavy travel over last 6 years to build up franchise support and royalties. Excellent support and resources, especially the CLO and the . Performance Development Team. Culture was solid and I was able to help evolve this culture over time. Led the leadership development programs and enjoyed working with the people the most.
Pros
Excellent leadership and people, driven to succeed, coachable
Cons
A lot of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight