CDI Corporation Employee Reviews

Job summuray
IT Consultant/Remote (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2018
A typical day consists of managing my own tickets, contacting and or following up with users at various remote and onsite locations to remedy and support pc issues. While working at CDI I have obtained new found knowledge in various support, remote and time management programs while continuing to add to my knowledge base. In my opinion management is often too busy to support needed team members which in turn affects SLAs. Workplace culture is very diverse which I believe to be group oriented location.
The hardest part of the job is having possession of all necessary information and or equipment to service client. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction gained in knowing I have assisted others
High pressure job in a relaxed work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 6, 2018
This was one of the most high pressure jobs I have ever had, constantly being yelled at by customer's about their statement but also one of the most cohesive places because everyone helps if there is an issue that just can't be resolved on the first call.
Pros
Compensation, great people to work with
Cons
Not a place for the new to the area to drive to/from if you're on the East side of town.
Fun and always working on something
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 3, 2018
Great company to work for I really learned a lot
Meet many great people in this company
Really loved the location at this time also close to home
Pros
Loved it
Cons
Jobs was outsourced to India
Good organization with some excellent people
Sr. Human Capital Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
Primary support of MRINetwork division of CDI with heavy travel over last 6 years to build up franchise support and royalties. Excellent support and resources, especially the CLO and the . Performance Development Team. Culture was solid and I was able to help evolve this culture over time. Led the leadership development programs and enjoyed working with the people the most.
Pros
Excellent leadership and people, driven to succeed, coachable
Cons
A lot of travel
Task
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 22, 2018
Go in and work on the daily task and logs and drawings to get in putted in CDMD-OA Database system using a Spark's Report and NDE, NSEDR, Web-Jedmics and AUTO-CAD.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lunch is little short.
Very Diverse company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2018
On and average the day would start off with journal entries and balancing the assigned accounts. I had the opportunity to grow stronger in my field of accounting.
asked me to work extra hours without pay!
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 13, 2018
I was contracted out to work on an account for CDI and the account was assigning ON CALL rotation and demanding overtime but flat out told us they were not going to pay for the extra time. CDI did nothing to help us get paid. Many people just worked for free to stay employed, I did not, the account got upset and I was let go.
Pros
Able to work remotely.
Cons
They don't give a darn about you.
MULTI-UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2018
CDI places technical employees on premise at various client sites. Each contract can be different. While some of the assignments can be short, others can go on for multiple years.
Company Closed
Field Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 31, 2018
This was my 1st job out of college. This was a great work experience that ended up laying off a great group who got along famously. Was sad to leave but made good friends from it.
Contracting Agency
Senior Systems Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 16, 2018
Contracting agency, they did well at keeping me informed of the needs of our client and managed pay and benefits fairly. My account manager was in consistent contact with me and did a great job.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Lack of networking and opportunities to get other work.
productive, but thats the only good thing
Product Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 14, 2018
The expectations of the job are unlikely reachable. It's like a stock market, one day you'll have a good day, then the next, everything crashes due to lack of productivity. I was treated unfairly because of an assumption made by the supervisors "right hand" day in and day out. Watched like a hawk, they were just waiting for me to make one slip to use anything against me in the end. On top of that, they don't even listen to reason, just plotting behind your back. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here.
Pros
decent paychecks
Cons
job security is a joke
One of the Ethical companies
Business Analyst - Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 9, 2018
This is one of the most ethical companies I've ever been. Very good work culture. Company benefits are not very great but average. Overall good experience.
learned a lot about how the Chicago train system work
Carman/Inspector Qualified Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2018
learned a lot about how the Chicago train systems works. while working on the job we learned hydraulics,electrical,lighting,electric motor,brake systems,heating,air conditioning and many other components of the train.
Pros
work experience
Cons
to far to travel daily
Professional, low key, overall very good organization
Voice and Data Transition Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
I enjoy working for CDI. They have always been fair and professional and I'm confident with their management and direction.I'm hopeful that our relationship will continue
Pros
no micro managing
management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 23, 2018
The branch manager was the reason I stayed until it was time to resign from the position now that the work was going away and it was only time before the doors were closed.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2018
I really liked working for them. I do with the contract had been longer. Seimens was an excellent place to work. Very nice management. Fellow employees were easy to work with.
Project driven culture
Server Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2018
The workload is based on the number of projects that could be generated.
Once projects were completed, no longer needed.
Needed to be willing to take on more work outside of posted expertise.
Projects came in sporadically which caused undue stress.
Pros
Good management support.
Cons
Need for more communication with the customer.
Very competitive and a great way to gain experience
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2018
If you are looking for aerospace experience this company is great to go to. I was hoping to work here for as long as I could but that didn't end up happening.
Pros
good pay
Lack of communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CROSS LANES, WVMarch 22, 2018
Company has been sold and everyone comes to work each day wondering if it is their last day. Poor communication between management and employees. If you are looking for a job, temporary is the only way to go here.
Poor Management
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVMarch 15, 2018
The mismanagement of this call center needs to be reworked from the top down learn to manage call volumes and staff accordingly so that you are not missing SLA's and requirements from the client that cost employees jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight