CDI Head Start Employee Reviews

Driver
Bus Driver, Head Start Students (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, DEApril 14, 2018
The company no longer exists, I can not really write a lot about the place. Working with the children was the biggest enjoyment. It would of went further with better management.
Pros
working with children
Cons
went out of business
Busy, fast pace, fun to work there.
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDMarch 3, 2018
Busy, fast pace, fun working with my program manager and other co-workers. I learned the routines of a Head Start program, the workplace culture is great, their are no difficulties about my job, the most enjoyable part of the day, is working closely with my boss all day.
Pros
days off
Cons
not enough paid leave
Worst
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 7, 2018
CDI head starts /Denver are terrible to work for. They are short term temp position and management is terrible!!!

They do not keep staff or care about employees
Pros
Cons
Temp work management
Fast paced
FAMILY ADVOCATE, EPIC HEAD (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 8, 2018
CDI Head start had a very fast paced environment, and while I was able to keep up I believe my pay was unfair. I did learn a lot, including how to enter in data in multiple data bases.
Pros
Working with children, clerical duties
Cons
Unfair pay
Great opportunity to work with children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 6, 2018
Employment with CDI Head Start is an excellent opportunity to work with young children. In working for this employer, you are allowed to have a hand in shaping and molding the foundation of learning and education for today's youngest and brightest.
Review
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 12, 2017
This company provides great benefits for yourself. You learn a lot about handling difficult and different children. The workplace environment is good, there is always a bad seed somewhere though that tries to bring everyone down.
closed
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, DEOctober 11, 2017
My Typical work day was helping the students how to relate with out mom. I learned how to relate on what the child's needs were at that age the are really needy. CDI was a really good place to work for the staff and Management was enjoyable to work with. the hardest part of the job was the first week of school. The enjoyable part was, how they learned to write, assay their ABC's and to read.
Pros
working with children
Cons
it closed
Awesome Place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 3, 2017
Where children and educators meet at and early stage of life. The children learn throw play. This teachers the children that you can learn anywhere at and time. Life is a lesson well learned.
Pros
pay was equal
Cons
they leave when a new company comes in
a very competitive company
Supervisor Educative (Former Employee) –  CanĂ³vanas Municipio, PROctober 2, 2017
I supervising one early and head start center. I have 13 people in my charge including the transportation of children's to the center and home. Made inform monthly.
Pros
one hour lunch
Goof in helping children development
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2017
We were movable custodians that will go to several school sites life seeing how the little ones where very well cared, good workplace, the hardest part was at times you had to deal with different personalities.
Pros
mobile custodians that will travel to several schools
Cons
short breaks
Place of work was good in beginning and began to dwindle later
Transportation/Facilities Manager` (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Had a pretty good experience with this company, but later found that this was no longer where I was needed at that time. The training was really good
Pros
Trainings and staff
Cons
Stress and management
Productive place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILSeptember 19, 2017
CDI was the grantee who took over for CEDA when they lost the federal grant. So when they can in we had to re-apply for our jobs and it was back to business.
Pros
We were still working
Cons
to short of a lunch break
great job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 22, 2017
great job to work at job was relocated so it was hard to move. but other then that people were great they are very attentive of peoples needs. and helpful
Pros
people
Cons
location
Great workplace
Assistant Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 18, 2017
Here we had a great management team. A typical day consisted of making sure ratio was covered, and teachers were reporting to school on time to greet their families. I would observe our classrooms for safety, making sure teachers stayed on their routine daily. I would even go into the rooms if needed to work with kids who were having a bad day.
Fun workplace
Headstart (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJuly 17, 2017
The center was a calm environment. Very well balanced. Great people to work with. Always someone to assist you with what you needed help with. I loved this job.
Pros
Great work environment
Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 4, 2017
This was a wonderful opportunity for me to gain more experience in the Human Resources field with more knowledge about the laws, FMLA, Worker's Compensation, staff attendance and maintaining personnel records. I would like to return to this profession in the future.
cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJune 23, 2017
good place to work need more pay, looking for something different and something to retire benefits,they do not have anything offered for retirement , need something to retire with
Institute nightmare.
Teacher Preschool (Former Employee) –  MS.June 21, 2017
I don't know who keeps giving this company all the fantastic reviews, but as an employee of this company I wouldn't give them a 1star rating. Their soul purpose is to drive their employees to have a mental breakdown. This company will pay you little to work and have you doing the work of 3 to 4 people. Teacher's serve as bus monitors, janitors, and Family service workers. Your doing all these jobs daily without a break. They will put you on a salary pay base so that they can work you as long as they want. Example - teachers who are also expected to ride the bus must come in at 6:25 to meet the bus, your at work from 6:25 a.m. well past 4:00 in the evening, this happens everyday. There is no modification or ramifications for children who have what they call behavior problems, but let's be honest parents aren't raising these little monsters, t.v. are doing the babysitting. So if you like stress, and being lied to and, on. This job might work for you.
Pros
Summer break
Cons
Upper management doesn't have a clue about children needs. Or staff for that matter.
Great environment!
Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Providence, UTJune 15, 2017
Any job that involve children is great, there is never a dull moment. You are on the go with the kids, the teachers are compassionate and you work with a great team. The environment is comfortable you basically feel like family. Loved working for CDI
Execellent place to work for
Acting Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2017
I enjoy my time I had with them. I was sad to see it close. I met a lot of people when working for them it was more like a family not just a job. I would forever be appreciative.
Pros
paid lunch, paid vacations, paid personal days
Cons
poor management and up getting shut down