CGI Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 849 reviews matching the search See all 1,679 reviews
CGI Federal
Logistic Analyst I (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 17, 2018
I work in Kuwait for CGI. Dealing with Corporate--CGI verses CGI--Kuwait was like night and day. Corporate CGI seemed to be more helpful and knowledgeable in there positions. CGI-Kuwait for the most part was one of the better companies to work for on Camp Airfjan due to the wealth of knowledge of its employees. The management staff on the other hand was politics as usual. When it came to policy, if you don't know them, management would use their authority to make your employment with CGI difficult.
Easy going job with some opportunity to move up.
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCJuly 10, 2018
Working here is nice, you come in and you do what your supposed to and when you leave you don't have to worry about bringing work home with you. It is more of a production type work environment but coming out of my last career I was used to that type of work. I enjoy working here along side my co-workers. There is no hard part of my job unless we pick up in pace which can make it a little overwhelming but other than that I have nothing bad to say about CGI.
Pros
Company will provide food for certain meetings from time to time.
Cons
Healthcare benefits are not that great.
Good Company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  BagrāmJuly 7, 2018
This is a good company to work for. I worked for this company on 2 different occasions and the only complaint I ever had was that some of the management staff needed to work on their people skills.
Ideal for agile individuals
Senior Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 6, 2018
If you like working in a sprint environment CGI is just the place. Think prototype, iterations, Scrum meetings. I personally loved the team collaboration and fast past deliveries. just wish it wasn't so Governmental.
Pros
Greate diversity of talent
Cons
Employee Evaluation
Fun workplace
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2018
The work is challenging at times but nice. Super fast paced and there is constant change. The other associates are wonderful and very helpful when needed. The life of a passport is fascinating.
Get to work at client site.
Financial Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2018
Some projects are better than others in terms of the job duties and client interactions. The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to work well with client to solve their problems/issues.
It was an experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 2, 2018
I like my coworkers. Hours were long. It was nice to be able to work remote since there were alot of long hours. Benefits were good but high deductibles.
Work from Home Privilege
Business Presentations Trainer (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed working in my home. I'm glad that I had those days where I could spend time with my family while working. Office is OK, culture and people are amazing.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Agent (PECOS) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2018
Cgi is a remarkable place to work - the managers are honest and treat you like someone and not a number or chair. They listen to your issues personal and work related
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
BA leads were...clueless!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2018
The BA leads were clueless and could not guide any BAs through their career. Everything i learned I learned from my friend, not from my leads of the BA community.
Decent Place to Work
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
CGI is a decent place to work. Decent pay, and interesting work. You control your own work flow, and you have down time so you never get drained. Of course they could do some things better but honestly I can not complain. It's not a place to build a career but a great place to come to sharpen you skills for your next position.
Pros
Relaxed culture in the nyc office, great work like balance
The worst place I ever worked at
Passport Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2018
Unnecessarily stressful, poor management, the work is great but they ruin it by the way the treat their people. Very hateful, rude and disrespectful especially if you are older. They have their favorites and they are spared from all the rules and production standards. Very disappointing and left the area to get away from all the hate.
Not the company it used to be
Director (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 20, 2018
CGI used to be a great place to work but over the years new policies have been adopted such as the one requiring employees to work onsite all the time that make it a less attractive option. Annual raises are almost non-existent and job training / advancement is real contingent on your manager. Voluntary turnover is at an all time high and for some reason the upper management is scratching its head about why.
Pros
stock options
Cons
limited raises, no flexibility
what is different about having a military vet be your supervisor
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCJune 20, 2018
The three men who were the overseers on that project that i was on were very calm and balanced in dealing with events and circumstances that came up regardless of the nature of the issues being remediated.
Pros
fair and balanced in handling people and tasks
Cons
just a little too biased toward those with higher educations, tended to make it a we/they environment
Opportunity to conduct innovative training
Human Terrain Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CAJune 19, 2018
Career opportunity was valuable. My only disappointment was I was a subcontractor and the prime contractors had an unfavorable work culture.
The installation became a joint operations training facility which enabled me to work with every U.S. military service and a few foreign military detachments.
CGI is a great place to work
Manager Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2018
I started working at AMS in 1996 and then CGI acquired us. It was a great transition and a nice place to work. It allowed me the flexibility to work from home when I needed to take care of my family.
Volatile client base
Agile Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 16, 2018
As an employee of GCI I was a contractor for another company. CGI seemed unaware of client budgetary decisions. The client terminated my team with little notice and took development in-house.
Cgi
Manager, Consulting (Current Employee) –  TXJune 16, 2018
CGI is a good company that is always looking for ways to grow. I have overseen operations and delivery and have helped it be successful. Growth in career can sometimes be difficult as you usually have to wait for a position to open. Benefits are decent but most companies could improve their insurance options. There is usually good opportunity to speak your mind and have your voice be heard. You can own a piece of the company through their SPP. Overall a good learning, growing, and development experience.
Good Company, not the best, far from the worst
Financial Management Business Analyst (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 14, 2018
Great team members, Not much leadership from upper level management. Opportunities to grow are there but it is on you to seek the opportunity. Pay is not the worst but could be better.
Good company.
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 12, 2018
The people that hired me were awesome. Outstanding. Terrific. Great people to work with.
Now its tighter managed and more corporate, but still good. I would work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss