CGI Group
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

CGI Group Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
See GTO comments due to they are one in the same. So there is no addition comments that I can add to this statement. However, I do appreciate the opportunity that GTO/CGI offers
Pros
See GTO comments
Cons
See GTO comments
CGI promotes cultural diversity, information technology, electronic filing, and data entry. It also promotes excellent quality and control through proper employees selections and providing extensive training.
Pros
Rewards employee with incentives annually
Cons
The employees are mostly contracted and not direct or permanent employees.
If you’re ambitious and hard working, this is the perfect company for you. The culture and flexible environment enable individual innovation more than most large companies.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Transition to executive leadership is clique-oriented
This place is a decent place to work. Not too different than any other workplace. There are opportunities if you are interested. I enjoyed working there. There were some exceptional people, and some, not so much.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Sometimes unorganized
Lead design architecture focus on Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) capabilities, provisioned cyber security solution between diverse technologies component across critical agency infrastructure to enable reporting for federal and agency dashboard platforms.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Productive environment. Supportive management. Employees work as a team. Affinity group activities help to feel appreciated and supported. Benefits are great.
At CGI they really cherish work life balance, and encourage time off and stepping away if a member needs time off or just a mental break. I love the work culture and everyone seems to get along and it's very much a team oriented environment.
Your experience at CGI could vary widely, based upon your work location and function. Some people who work here are satisfied with their jobs, others are not. Generally speaking, I fall into the latter category. At most times during recent years, upper management places a strong emphasis on cost cutting and minimizing all expenses. This, unfortunately, goes beyond the expected areas like business travel or small perks. Raises are essentially flat, and so are bonuses - though they have never been stellar anyway (1%-2% raises, and $1000-$1500 bonuses). They used to provide a small stipend for those working remotely to cover expenses - around $100 per month to cover printer ink, paper, internet connections, phone, etc. They've also stopped that practice as well. If career growth is important, you may want to consider other places. Most of the people I've worked with for over 8 years have stayed in the same position, with the same title, performing the same activities. Other consulting firms have more defined career paths, with clearly articulated expectations. In many cases, management seems uninterested in working to help grow people and their careers. This is unfortunate as I've seen some very good people leave the company because of this. Many more are quietly looking for other opportunities as well. I'd really like to say that I like working here, considering some of the flexibility that some positions (like mine) offer, but I can't. Had I to make the decision to come here, knowing then what I know today, I would have pursued other options.
Good work environment with great benefits. People are treated with respect and given opportunities to grow into higher level positions. Primary focus of company is profit and all decisions are based on maximizing profit even at the cost of employees.
Great company in terms of salary, benefits and flexible work schedule. Unfortunately, the program manager was awful as a leader. In the 30+ years of my professional career, he rates as three of the worst I ever experienced.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Awful leadership style of program manager.
as a Quality control specialist I was able to move constantly meeting with Customers and staff to make sure that all out contract responsibilities were met
little room for movement within unless you have a job offer elsewhere. The organization will do what they can to move you only once you tell them you wish to leave.
With CGI, you can expect good work life balance and management that cares to have your professional and personal needs met. The only downside would be the compensation, which I've found is significantly lower than the industry standard without much ability to negotiate a raise. Very inclusive and community based culture.
CGI is a great company and worth seeking employment through. They contract to various government entities, the pay is excellent and the benefits are good.
#1 employee desire was job security according to a poll I did when I took over a team of 40+. Executive management doesn't get that. Frequently left members hanging with regards to what opportunity they would have after a project completed. Employees that knew the application in and out, no problem. Those on the outskirts that performed support roles might find themselves on the street when project finished. This company doesn't reward loyalty.
Pros
Flex time, Wfh
Cons
Loyalty, job security
The place looks so cool to work. Good office environment. Strict on timings for contractors. One of the best companies in the US Software sector. Colleagues are awesome
You need to fight for yourself in this company, they won't go out of their way to pay you extra for hard work. If you are here for more than 2 years and still haven't got a major raise, it is time to go.
Productive and fun workplace Excellent opportunities for growth and work on new technologies, it is given me enough scope to enhance my skills in angular
CGI is a great place to work at due to the work life balance and how the overall company works. Moving up the coming is not out of the question if you show passion.
CGI is a great company to work for! Upper mobility is a plus. There are multiple projects to choose from and exhaust your expertise. Overall great benefits package. Insurance could be better.
My typical day at work is well balanced. The team I work with is very supportive and easy to work with. The experience I've gotten at CGI has helped me tremendously.
  1. Employee Reviews