CGI Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search See all 2,288 reviews
Incredibly unprofessional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 18, 2019
Most disorganized, unprofessional atmosphere I have ever experienced. Dated equipment, frequently lies to clients about deliverables. Will not support employees simply to satisfy a client's precocious whim.No post-hire training, laughable bonus plan. clique driven to the point that people with zero knowledge and experience in a specific venue are valued more, and treated with more respect than people with experience, whom are treated as threats to a manager's position. This company takes useless to an entirely new level.
workplace culture
Developer (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2019
It's not hard to find yourself so comfortable that you become stagnant in your career growth. Not a lot of push to advance yourself professionally. You have to be your own cheerleader.
Pros
You can find opportunity if you look really hard.
Cons
You shouldn't have to look that hard.
Excellent Place to Work
IT Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 15, 2019
CGI has been an exceptional employer. I started in a low level PCS position and through the encouragement of many great managers, was able to move into a project manager role, while being supported by management and my teams. CGI gave me the opportunity to get my PMP and GLSC to be able to slot into different roles and help me grow. The compensation and benefits are great and CGI really tries to breed a team environment across different BU's, divisions and team.
Fun and learning new thing.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2019
I loved the work culture the most.
And got to work on new technologies and new domain itself.
learned spring, angular 7, working on complex queries creating DB, index etc a lot to learn.

I get more responsibilities and my work gets acknowledged.
productive and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 11, 2019
busy days. customer service. health insurance. Fun management. fun atmosphere. hardest part of job was when system was down and unable to help callers.
Pros
free lunches, fun coworkers, always busy
Cons
sytem down and unable to help callers.
Ok workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 10, 2019
Working at CGI is ok, but you really don't have time for yourself or family if you've started one. Management could also be improved, may need to listen to the agents a little bit more.
Competitive high paying and challanging yet flexible
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2019
CGI has been overly flexible and understanding with my schedule as a single father. They have provided me with extensive training and tools to be successful and given me every opportunity to move up quickly in pay and in responsibility. Management is always available for anything but not breathing down your neck and micro-managing which is refreshing.
great job
Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Troy, AL 36081March 6, 2019
This was my very 1st job and loved it. The staff is great as well as the management. It is a really great way to move up in the business field. I would suggest this job to anyone.,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It's really all SW development
Director, Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 5, 2019
This is a SW com that is trying to get a bigger piece of the Federal pie. They talk a good game, but it really comes down to money. The lower you are on the totem pole, the more management leaves you alone.
Senior Consultant, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 5, 2019
I loved working at CGI and wish I was still there. It was obvious to some that VP's were promoted to the wrong positions and it impacted projects they were on.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
finding the next project
Not at all a company liked working for.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 4, 2019
This company was the absolute worst experience in finance that I have endured. Don't trust any of the financial data - accounting and finance are handled by the same person and numbers will be whatever they decide they want to come up with for the month.
limit your time there
PSA (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 1, 2019
Job only good for people just starting in the work force, those trying to get into the federal side, and retirees looking for extra income. Not a place I could retire from. High turnovers, most look for something better while working here.
Pros
a job
Cons
everything
No job security, very political environment.
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 28, 2019
You can be Laid off or terminated at the drop of a hat. Management only needs you to agree with them, no opinions from employees will be tolerated. If you can keep your head down and do what your told, you can stay. If you are the type of employee who demands respect and the need to be heard, this is not the place for you. They have had two Lay offs, back to back. One in Sep 2017 & another one in Sep 2018. They are not making any money at the moment. This is the Tempe, AZ Data Center and Service Delivery Center.
Pros
Get 1 hr lunch
Cons
Pay, management, culture, collegues.
Okay
processor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 25, 2019
As long as you did the job they were fine with you. There really wasn't any room for advancement in certain positions. If you wanted to move up, you had to change locations or companies.
Pros
free learning
Cons
pay raises
mid level review
Senior IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Contractor farm. Decent work environment. Doesn't like allowing telework. No Team building. Located in Fair Oaks area. Good commute. Not much in terms of building individuality. Very little interaction with customers. Space is very tight.
Company doesn't respect it's employees
Fraud Unit Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 22, 2019
6 yrs without a review or wage increase. No respect or recognition for long term employees. Poor health insurance policies and annual bonuses. The job itself is enjoyable but the environment is tough because people are very upset with CGI for taking 8% of the night shift differential away.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management
Nice place to work depending on project
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAFebruary 19, 2019
I've worked on two different projects at CGI--both on client site and never at the Fairfax office. I wish I had worked at the Fairfax office though because if you're not there, you feel very removed from the company as a whole. It can be very isolated and you don't feel very supported sometimes.

Cons of working for CGI: Low pay (mgmt knows and acknowledges that they don't pay well), you won't get PPP/bonuses if the whole BU doesn't make the goal (even if your individual project did great and you worked really hard).
Cons
Low pay
Compensation Not Worth It
Processing Clerk at National Passport Center (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 18, 2019
The work itself is not bad and easy to meet numbers, but the pay for 2nd shift employees is not worth it to only make 30 cents more than 1st shift. Hard working employee who consistently makes goals every week but doesn't get anything for having great reviews and making numbers. Very difficult to move up and make more money.
Pros
Not stressful work
Cons
compensation, healthcare Cigna not good
Great company to work for
Production Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2019
CGI is a great company to work for. Work life balance and management are awesome. The only draw back is the career advancement opportunities. If you enjoy being a role for a long duration without advancement opportunities this is the right company for you.
stressful all around
Medicare Appeals Specialist Case Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Very stressful and high work load, abusive trainer was investigated by HR, I had to stand my ground and speak to HR to keep my job and protect others over hateful abuse from trainer, they only care about numbers and not people that make those numbers!
Pros
fairly good pay
Cons
very stressful!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CGI Group.

Powered by Comparably