CNA Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Insurance Agent
Account Manager/Producer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 11, 2018
Team working environment that worked together to provide coverages that fit the needs of our customers. Very fast pace call center was known for educating you to be the best counselor for our customers when it came to their insurance needs
Great Place
Senior Medical Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
I would still be at CNA Insurance had not they phased out the medical portion in Chicago and transferred to Nashville,TN. I enjoyed my job, and travelling around the United States.
OK place to work
Senior Underwriting Consultant - Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
I had a boss who was a great advocate for me and my position advanced me in my career. Rigid management style and reluctant to adhere to millennial cultural virtues.
A fast paced and very competitive work enviroment
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
CNA is a very large insurance company, with many opportunities for advancement. However, the work culture at the company is very competitive from upper management on down to the supervisory level.
Pros
Large with many growth opportunities.
Cons
Being such a large company there is little personal recognition
great workplace
Policy Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
We work in teams which is nice. There is a new office in Orlando which is really nice. Work week is 37ish hours (considered a 40 hour week) with optional overtime when needed. Managers changed frequently when I was there but everyone seemed very happy. They are always celebrating some occasion and making work fun with food or a random game to get to know one another. There was some flexibility on hours. If you need to leave an hour early or come in late you can make it up within that week with manager approval. That means a lot when you have doctor appointment or children. Overall great company, great benefits, nice people. Job advancement seems kind of limited or slow. But overall wonderful company to work for.
Keypunch Operator/Data Entry
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 30, 2018
I worked on the commerial side of the Business.
I would keypunch Claim and policy information.
Verify coworker's information they entered into the system.
A coworker would then verify my work.
At the end of day we had to count, and date, any files that did not get entered that day so they would be entered first the following day.
CNA was an enjoyable place to work. It was a team player company.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great team work.
Cons
Downsized
Enjoyed working Here
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 14, 2018
This was my 1st corporate job after graduated from college. The benefits and pay was awesome. I received top training. Unfortunately I was laid off after working for them for 8 years.
Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 4, 2018
The overall culture for my business unit was divisive and lacked unity. Management more concerned with hitting numbers than managing the staff and developing the skill sets for success.

The experience with other business units was positive as employees were focused on creating an acceptable experience for the client.

The hardest part of the job is the internal pressures created do to unrealistic goals/expectations.

The most rewarding part of job is the position allows for a lot of learning opportunities.
Pros
benifits offered
Cons
lack of empathy form management
Fast-paced
Claims Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMay 3, 2018
Working in the claims department is very fast-paced and involves a lot thinking on your feet. Training is very limited. You end up training yourself to keep up with the changes. Management tries to keep the spirits up while dealing with catastrophes.
Pros
Health insurance and overtime
Cons
unorganized and limited training.
Dedicated, Smart People and Overall Good Company
Information Technology Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
Stayed with CNA for 10 years and during that time I was promoted regularly, given increasing responsibilities and constantly challenged by new and interesting efforts. Complex and dynamic environment. Strong security focus and leadership.
Pros
Interesting projects, excellent leadership in Information Security, plenty of opportunity to grow and evolve professionally
Cons
Mix of current and legacy technologies on global scale makes architecture highly complex at times
Great place to intern.
Risk Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2018
During my summer internship I was able to achieve great insight into the field of risk control. Led by experienced risk control consultants with the ability to explain relevant past experiences throughout their employment. This internship gave me the chance to create a presentation for corporate leaders, and the ability to show my research and presentation abilities. Community volunteer involvement activities were part of the internship experience as well. Loved this internship.
Productive and good working culture
Guidewire/Automation QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
very nice place to learn about guidewire incurrence domain
worked on policy center
acquired good knowledge on complete life cycle of policy
worked as automation test engineer with UFT
I learned to management real estate in multiple states
Real Estate Manager - Western Zone (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed my 5 years working for this company as it expanded by real estate experience working in different cities and states. I also enjoyed the traveling and meeting people from different section of the United States.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
too much traveling from family
Productive relaxed environment
Temporary Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAApril 14, 2018
Cna insurance is a nice place to work. Management is awesome. Work areas are spacious. Training is paid and I would go back to that job in an instant.
Pros
Nice environment
Claims Department
Claims Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 12, 2018
I spent 10 years in claims. I have nothing my kudos to CNA and I appreciate the opportunity. I am just looking for more competitive pay in the industry or a career change all together.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of personal satisfaction
Fast Paced Enviornment
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2018
Ever changing priorities. Multiple fires at any given time. Culture was cohesive. Getting woke up in middle of the night and on weekends could be a little excessive at times but came with the territory.
Large property and casualty insurance company.
No specific title (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
I left when we had children and found it hard to get quality child care and the expense. There were not as many quality child care options then as there is now.
Pros
Enjoyed the work.
Cons
Couldn't get working compatible with child care.
Culture of stress and fear
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 21, 2018
I started to work for the company many years ago and it was very different and it is today. With the hiring new claim leader we have seen Down turn in morale and people are jumping ship in droves. Im sad to see the Company in this state.
Pros
Good salary, bonuses, benefits
Cons
Stressful, no focus.
I have to admit that I enjoyed all my years at CNA.
Systems Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
I have never had anything bad to say about my years at CNA Insurance Company. All the different roles I held there were always a joy to me. I only wish I could have lasted long enough to retire from there.
Pros
Casual, happy, open atmosphere
Cons
Executive Help Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 27, 2018
This was one of my favorite contract positions that I've worked in my career span. The environment was great. Not just co-workers but friends have been made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNA Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight