CNA Insurance Employee Reviews

Its a Great Company
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAOctober 16, 2018
Great company to work for however managers have favoritism and only advance those they want to advance not based off performance goals and achievements
The benefits are great and hours are flexible
Policy Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2018
constant change, transitions, revolving door. If you perform well, my experience has been that cna does recognize and embrace the good performers and has practices in places to compensate those who peform well, are innovative, and pro active.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
30 min lunch
Solid work environment, cost focused
Director of Strategy, Planning and Reporting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2018
A large, dynamic operation that continually focused on cutting costs. A fast paced culture that is somewhat siloed based on functionality and responsibility.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Risk averse environment, hard to meet other employees
CNA enable a lead from the center strategy, you were able to be the best you can be. Take ownership of your talent for change and achievements.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Typical day at work was very collaborative
We all have an obligation to lead
Great management
Culture very relaxed
deadlines
Working with great people
Pros
Paid Sick Leave
Cons
Short breaks
One of the biggest actuarial companies
Actuarial Intern - Small Business Pricing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
There is a lot of actuaries at CNA so you can expect the work culture to be diverse. It is very competitive and one of the largest property and casualty companies in the world.
Wonderful place to work
Policy Support Assistant- New Account Set-up (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I have no complains in leaving CNA Insurance. I made a mistake in leaving. Management really takes care of you. This is a well rounded company. Thanks
Pros
People are wonderful to work with
Cons
No Cons to report
Sr. Learning & Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
CNA was a great experience. Though after 2 months they did a corporate re-structure and laid off 90% of my team including my boss...not a great way to start things off.
Pros
Culture, Diversity, Location, Pay
Cons
Lots of travel
Lateral movement is encouraged.
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Great place to learn and grow your career. Management encourages you to make lateral movements. You can develop your career if you take advantage of all the learning opportunities assigned to you.
Worked at a call center
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Just until recently, work and personal life balance did not exist. Very hard to even get a day off without having to almost beg.

I loved my job but saving money was the name of the game. We hardly ever included in any work related activities because we needed to be tied to the phones.

I heard it wasn't the same with other departments but only with WWO.
Pros
great schedule for me
Cons
no work social life
What I learned
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 11, 2018
When specifically asked about the position and if the job would be long term was told yes has been in business for over 100 years and was laid off within 6 months
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poor management with low opportunities to grow within the company
Software Engineer for Collections Team/ QA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Poor organization, legacy code, and behind on all projects. I would have to wait weeks just to speak with management. They would delay all meetings. Week by week was a struggle either it be expressed deadlines or no work given.
Pros
Nice co-workers?
Cons
Poor management.
Assistant Supervisor/Senior Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 5, 2018
CNA was a great company to work at, moral was high fun place to work at. Management was fair and firm with great people skills. I've learned how to team build and manage how to multi task my daily functions.
Great teamwork
Subrogation and Salvage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with my peers. We functioned well as a team so no one was intimidated about asking for help when needed. We were together a long time and we felt like family.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long commute
CNA Insurancw
Workers Comp Medical Only Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2018
CNA Insurance was the company that gave me my first experience to Corporate America and I'm so very grateful for it. My time at CNA was amazing and I leaned so much to help me advice in work and my personal life.
Claim Techinician
Claim Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 21, 2018
Pay is competitive, lack of advancement opportunities in Lake Mary. Everything is in Chicago. No training programs for advancement, like I said everything is in Chicago. However, work balance life is very good here. Very flexible and nice place to work.
Pros
Competitive pay, PTO days, and flexible work days
Cons
Lack of advancement in Lake mary
Production
Insurance comml (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 13, 2018
The productivity was hard to meet. Didnt take into consideration other duties that were involved. Would recommend to others for hire. Fair place to work
Pros
Yes free lunches about every 4 weeks
Insurance Agent
Account Manager/Producer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 11, 2018
Team working environment that worked together to provide coverages that fit the needs of our customers. Very fast pace call center was known for educating you to be the best counselor for our customers when it came to their insurance needs
Great Place
Senior Medical Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
I would still be at CNA Insurance had not they phased out the medical portion in Chicago and transferred to Nashville,TN. I enjoyed my job, and travelling around the United States.
OK place to work
Senior Underwriting Consultant - Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
I had a boss who was a great advocate for me and my position advanced me in my career. Rigid management style and reluctant to adhere to millennial cultural virtues.
A fast paced and very competitive work enviroment
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
CNA is a very large insurance company, with many opportunities for advancement. However, the work culture at the company is very competitive from upper management on down to the supervisory level.
Pros
Large with many growth opportunities.
Cons
Being such a large company there is little personal recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNA Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight