CPA Global Employee Reviews

Passive aggressive work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 14, 2018
Trainings are not taken seriously, staff is over-worked, there is no manager on-site, it is hard to feel like a part of a team when the headquarters are based in the UK and Virginia, USA.
Great place to work with good people
IP Docketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2018
This was a great place to work. The people made coming to work fun. They were more than willing to help with anything that you needed to do your job better.
Do not work here
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 28, 2018
This is not a good place to work. Please do not work here as they are very shady and only look out for very few people. They tell you one thing and do the other.
Stay away from CPA!!!
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 15, 2018
Products are not ready for prime time. Company lies to customers about features that are not yet available. Many dissatisfied
customers due to this problem are ready to bail...

Management doesn't know what success means because they are so deeply engulfed in the hostility of failure and dysfunction.

Sales Team doesn't know how to be honest with their CPA colleagues or their customers. Only care about $$$$

Use your PTO or you will lose it, but good luck getting approval to use it - lol!
Pros
Benefits, 401K, Pto
Cons
Bad Management, Defective Products, Dishonesty
Best job I had
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 7, 2018
I worked at CPA Global during a transition phase, both in brand and product offering. As long as I remained flexible and took care of my quota, all remained positive.
Not a place I would recommend if IP experienced professionals
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Perfect place for non-IP experienced IP employees. Company will provide false marketing to state that all of their professionals have relevant IP experience in which it is the exact opposite. From a staff of over 2000 employees (globally), less than 10% of the staff have any hands-on IP experience. Such a falsehood to the clients of this company.
Pros
Great staff level team environment
Cons
Management does truly care about their employees advancement
high expectations, but flexible work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2017
CPA Global has changed a great deal for the better over the last year or two. The culture and level of management support has improved substantially. The workday is very flexible, with some work-from-home options.The pay is good and the benefits are excellent. There are some frustrations when working across departmental lines, but there seems to be a much more collaborative spirit than in the past.
Pros
flexible work hours, ability to work from home, supportive management, opportunities for advancement and lateral moves to other departments
Cons
some difficulty communicating with other departments
Overall, CPA Global gets a B
Content Manager, Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2017
CPA Global is an OK place to work. Lots of management changes and corporate culture hoops to jump, but really great benefits and - if you are on the right team - plenty of room to grow!
Pros
international teams, company growth, exciting industry
Cons
ineffective employee assessment
Working with different teams in a fast-paced environment
Human Resources Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2016
I am current working as contractor holding the position of HR Coordinator. I am responsible for providing operational support to payroll, benefits management as well as recruiting and onboarding of new hires. I didn't have a set routine and I was able to work with different teams, both of which I like a lot. I've learned a lot about benefits and compensation, recruiting, and talent management. However, the biggest learning experience was how HR relates to other departments and how the US HR culture is perceived within the organization. The hardest part of my job was to keep up with the volume of e-mail and requests from different offices nationwide and different countries. Because of this experience I'm able to work in different fast-paced work scenarios with short and tight deadlines. I believe what I like more about my work was the ability to work with great co-workers and the employees of the organization.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, metro acessible
Interesting place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 20, 2016
I think that management will be the downfall of this company. If it already isn't happening now. The people are great and for the most part want to be their but management makes it difficult. And unfortunately no one steps up to the managers to put them in there place. I've NEVER seen an environment or company culture like this.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Management/Growth Potential
Poor Management
Paralegal/Docketer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2016
There is no room for advancement and management is very disorganized. The environment is very negative. I would advise for people to stay away from this company because it is not a good environment.
Pros
Good clients
Cons
Negativity and No room for advancement
Very rigid, anti friendly, anti social, and narcissistic peeps running the office. Crazy!!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 23, 2016
Very eccentric and just self absorbed peeps that run that office. Anti social and only the tech peeps seem to be the favorites. Transgendered men, insecure women, office affairs, racial remarks, and jealousy to the extent of pushing people out of position and out of the office.
I only know my immediate supervisor was an amazing leader and dedicated business man. Sadly the negative gossiping working environment never made me feel welcomed. I was happy to move on.
Pros
Superior supervisor and training
Cons
All office peeps that have to deal with weird social intimate happenings in the work environment
Great Work Environment
Client Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 2, 2015
CPA Global is located in Alexandria, VA. Generally everyone in the office is friendly and harbors an open and relaxed working environment.
Going thru massive reorganization
Trademark - Client Engagement Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 12, 2015
Culture has gone from feeling like a family to more of an assembly line. Multiple reorganizational changes within the last year.
Strong Management team and diversified product offerrings
Head of Global Audit and Chief Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 29, 2015
CPA Global uses a functional matrix management style which is not for everyone. The company is highly successful but change is swift. So those who can adapt and innovate thrive in the environment. C-Level executives are top notch with CEO Tim Griffiths demonstrating leadership by getting out frequently in front of clients and employees.
Fast paced and ever changing
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 22, 2014
Fast paced and ever changing. Great co-workers. Good way to get a look into the IP law field.
Good company to work for
SalesForce .com Automation Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria,VAApril 29, 2014
Good Company overall, but there are minor bumps along the road
Docketing Specialist
IP Docketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2014
I have enjoyed working at CPA Global but am relocating to Alexandria, Virginia.
What I learned.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2014
This is a growing and changing company with many challenges. Management is fair and respectable and great to work with. The job required multitasking and following constantly changing procedures. The hardest part of my job I would say was dealing with the internal clients demands. The best part of the job was the staff and employee moral.
Pros
Being responsible.
Cons
Wanting to learn more and do more with classes and having a more flexable secdule
Patent Portfolio Optimization
Vice President, Patent Portfolio Optimization (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 4, 2012
• Diversified Product Offerings. Expanded the services offerings to include Monetization (buying and selling of patents), M&A support, Litigation Support, Competitive Intelligence, and the ability to SHAPE portfolios
• Decision Support. Consultative approach respectful of the patent owner’s business issues and opportunities to license or monetize portfolios