CPS Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Interesting workplace with a challenge
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2018
As an intern, it could be better but I get paid well and it is easy to be able to keep my job as long as I know what to do. Be hardworking and proactive and that should get you places in this company.
CPS Energy is a Changing Culture with a Drive for Customer Service
Manager - Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at work means you come to your office or job site prepared to start immediately after a few pleasantries with your coworkers. Everyone has a job to do, and successful completion of assigned tasks meant the next phase could begin by another.

Management values progressive employee improvement in their job skills, leadership potential, and keeping an eye out for any potential process improvement that could be implemented. Unfortunately, many directives for employee improvement were not implemented because of budget cuts contradictory to the other goal.

The workplace culture mandated by C-Level management was good, but there were notable contradictions with instructions filtered down to lower level & field employees.
Pros
Flexible work schedules are available to most employees.
Cons
Health care costs are noticably increasing, but the employee options are fair.
management was very strict
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2018
CPS Energy is a very stressful place to work. Most people work there for the benefits. There is also a lot of overtime if you want to work it. I stayed there 24 years.
Pros
good salary - great benefits
Cons
very stressful dealing with angry customers all day
Great place to work and make friends
MAIN CREW FOREMAN/OUTSIDE SERVICE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed my career at CPSENERGY I learned a lot of skills on the job training also had a lot of training classes to keep my skill level high, The management was great they always had time for the employees concerns. Made many long lasting friendships through out the company teamwork and Safety was our number 1 goal as a company
Pros
Recognized Safety accomplishments
Cons
Worked in very hot and humid weather
CPS Energy
MQ Middleware Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2018
Best company worked so far. Good management and supportive colleges. Good scope of learning if you are interested and nice work environment. its a great opportunity
Not good
Project manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2018
Leadership is inconsistent and unpredictable. The labor union forces poor business decisions that the taxpayers must absorb. That is all I have to say.
Zero authority
General Designer 2 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2018
Pay is way below industry average. Management make all decisions. No one has any authority except management. Job is not hard. Just a lot of non technical work.
very good company
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2018
very good company good people great work envoirnment
loved working there. still wish I could stay. I will return.. best job i ever had in my life. probably the best one i will have
Politics over Productivity
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Collaborative atmosphere except at management level. Politics often overshadow the purpose of certain efforts and support is often made only at the benefit of individuals instead of the greater good.
Pros
cafeteria
Good job, poor management
GENERAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Management is one happy family that sides against you when you have any type of issue. Had I known this, I wouldn't have ever opened my mouth when I needed help or to request help from someone else.
Pros
Good work schedule in the office setting
Cons
Destined to fail unless very experienced in the role already.
love my job, need a challenge
Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Love the work environment, the people that you work with make work life a lot easier. some policies were a little annoying but loved how supervisors will fight for us.
You work for the pay you receive
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Take calls from customers about electricity problems. Helping customers with payment online. Making payment arrangements, or getting online access. Customer service first.
Excellent company to work for; great benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2018
A great place to work with excellent benefits. Typical days were stressful, learned to manage stress keeping it within work environment. Enjoyed tremendously staff and co-workers for work ethic and camaraderie. Plenty of caring people who strive to make a difference in/at workplace and community.
the work is very interesting
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2018
The content of the work has value, it's related to energy market. The team is collaborate, and it is towards to the technology area which is good. People are friendly.
Distribution Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
I have never had any problems with the job duties. It was a fun place to work that offered opportunity for advancement with the aim of getting everything done safely.
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2017
Great Company to work for just to many politics involved. Certain areas need improvement. Seems like they rather bring in people from outside instead of promotes from within.
a very professional work place
Auxiliary operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2017
working for cps energy was an amazing experience. one of the most professional work environments i have ever worked in . I learned to be focus for long periods of time, to think quickly and effectively if a situation were to occur.
very busy always
Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2017
constant inbound calls, constant changes...not a fun place to work, managers expect more then what you can handle.. Required to work weekends and or overnight
Pros
lunch proided
Cons
alway shortened our lunches
don't waste your time
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2017
don't waste your time if you are hired for a temporary position start looking at other companies don't waste your time or effort applying within the company
Cons
cut throat
Horrible dying ship
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
More work less support poor senior management. Overworked, backstabbing, the phrase I was taught in the very beginning was cya cover your a. That sort of culture is not conducive of a healthy work environment.