CPS Security Solutions Employee Reviews

job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 22, 2018
job was good but it was only temparoly , we had to make sure no one came in to the building and steal things, and made sure no one that was in uniform came on the property
Easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 14, 2018
It was relaxed and easy which caused me to be able to respond to the company's demand to put in more hours. The first job where I learned how to write reports. I also learned how to work with less supervision. Everyone was friendly. The hardest part was to work with less time off.
Pros
Relaxed job
Cons
Less benefits
Not worth the time
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 8, 2018
It's not worth your time to look at this company. Mobile supervisors couldn't be bothered to prioritize someone bleeding profusely from an incident over misappropriation of a company vehicle.
it suck
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Very boring pointless job for nothing watching construction sites. Managers dont check on you really. no room for life advancements just a for the moment type job
It was cool
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Was cool basically was on site by myself a lot I just don't like it takes forever to get another post so if u need quick money yea but as far as long term I don't suggest it
cps security
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2017
they never licensed me and sent me to different locations as a security officer but never got my security license. terrible hours would try pock up more shufts and always got the run around.
Pros
had my phone
Cons
management
Training Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2017
Easy work environment
Friendly and helpful staff members
Room to grow with the company as they are constantly growing and hiring new security officers at this time
Not a good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2017
Not a good place to work.... once you mess up one time it sticks with you FOREVER! you could be doing a great job at work but they accuse you of not doing your job every chance they get. Also a lot of favoritism at the job... the people the boss knows very well gets more slack and more hours. For what you have to deal with at this job isn't worth the pay at all! You not only have to deal with your boss but the contractors that are rude and not caring at all.
Pros
Cons
You cant grow at all
officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 30, 2017
typical day was just patrolling the property, observe and report, most enjoyable part of job is that had good working conditions, I learned that hard work pays off
not a great place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 11, 2017
this company will not pay for the overtime they expect you to work by threatening to fire you ,no communication with HR. people will sleep on the job and not get reprimanded for it
Its fun and laid back
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
Its pretty cool working at construction sites u dont gotta work with people u by yo self the hole shift unless the supervisor come but other than that its not to bad
Pros
No breaks
Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
You have to have a like for security in order to do certain jobs for Cps security.
I was a trailer guard that means I worked at a minimum of eighty hours a week not to mention alarm response time which is a minimum of twenty minutes plus each response. I personally have nothing negative to say about CP's security Dallas branch but it is a learning experience especially when your required to travel from place to place for long periods at a time.
But one doesn't have to be a trailer guard.
I was with the company for almost ten years on and off.they have hourly shifts.
And I've worked for a few companies before cp s security solutions.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Every caring and they make sure they guards are good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Las vegas,nvJuly 26, 2017
I love working for them but just not enough hrs for I have kids and I need all the hours I can take....I'm open and I can work any days and I'm just a very hard focus worker
long days. depends where you site is.
Watch Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 26, 2017
cps is a okay job if you struggling and need money. Management suck, I applied to this job, got hired and it took them forever to place me at a job. I constantly called them and after about 2-3 weeks i was placed.
Pros
pay every week. easy
Cons
not reliable
Great Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
Good pay, great hours, safe Company to work for good benefits. Staff is very nice and willing to work with you with anything. I loved the overnight shift.
Fair
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 10, 2017
Depending on the jobsite it can be an easy day or a long day. You learn better judgment skills and management quality varied. The culture is fair. The hardest part was getting a decent schedule with proper restroom accessibility. The most enjoyable part of this job was the chance to work on site with a partner because some locations seemed unsafe.
Pros
partners
Cons
rate of pay, locations and safety
Its good to start off with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 9, 2017
To advance or more money. Will need as a part time or find better paying job. Its on construction sites. You see apartmenys being built and have access to see the inside.
Pros
Not hard to do
Cons
Unable to leave your job site in a 12 hour period.
Its a relaxed job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 21, 2017
not much to do on this job still currently working here because it is easy to hold this job and another job, and work perfectly because you dont do much, you patrol the area at the end of each hour and you can sit in your car and be on your phone, just try to stay awake, energy drinks would work good, its easy money so i cant complain about the pay only thing is that have you do different amount of hours almost each day some are 7 and some are 8
Garbage Company that encourages bad behavior
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, CAJune 2, 2017
The CPS branch in my area consisted of a rag tag group of incompetents. It wasn't uncommon for them to forget to provide us water, even though we were out in 105 degree heat. If a patrol vehicle had a fault, they would swap it for a different vehicle from another post, and then return it after 2 or 3 days claiming it had been repaired. Many of my coworkers were outstanding individuals that showed up and did their job to the best of their ability, but there was one individual that ALWAYS showed up an hour late for his shift completely intoxicated and in gym shorts. Management never did anything about him and i'm pretty sure he's still working there. Everyone outside of this particular branch was extremely professional and proficient at their jobs.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything
Its constraction protective service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
CPS is very exceptional construction Protective service in Dallas metropolis and I work for over night about two years at down town area high rise building ......................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPS Security Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.