CSC Employee Reviews

Cool place to work for a basic cash flow
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 21, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend working there too long. Management is not the best a huge culture change there. They weren’t even giving people full pay for their time worked.
CSC purchased FCG
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2018
I switched companies but didn't change who I worked for, the location of my desk or my phone number. The change over from FCG to CSC was stressful but the management staff at CSC helped us to ease into the transition.
Pros
Additional learning experience with different PM software
Acctounting Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
It's a good place to work for but no advancement and a very slow pace. Employees need more motivation. It is a place with good benefits, people are friendly, like family.
Pros
Vacations, good work ethics, bonus
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast paced job , Heavy stress environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INApril 16, 2018
A typical day at CSC was 12 hours long usually and they taught me how to drive a forklift truck . They gave me a week of training but ultimately through me into it . Workplace culture was dull . Hardest part of the job keeping up with all the scrap cardboard i was supposed to bale . The most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks . I worked 3rd shift and it was definitely one of the hardest positions known to me and the other workers there as well .
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
Short breaks, Co-workers try to take advantage of you . Heavy stress environment
High Stress
Transition to Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 11, 2018
It could have been because of the project that I worked on, but it was a high stress environment. Management expected more than 40 hours per week, which was okay, but everyone didn't put in 40 hours per week.
Pros
Fair compensation, bonuses for certain groups
Cons
high stress, low morale
A Job with a consistent change of view
Security & Usher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 11, 2018
You could be doing anything from Security, to ushering, line management.
You deal with customers on any shift.
the job is fast pace and fun.
standing in one spot is certainly a thing.
being aware of all emergency exit and fire alarms is mandatory
Pros
Lots of room to grow, good pay
Cons
commute, inconsistent hours
Stressful Environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 11, 2018
Do not care for being on the phone for 8 hours a day with consumers with calls regarding either a death or a change to insurance policy. With privacy laws, there is very little to tell callers.
ok place to work
Crowd Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2018
hours are flexible but pay is low. management is ok. can be a rough job at times. people are overall cool. not much room for advancement. but you get to meet celebrities.
Good not Great
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 7, 2018
Its as good as you make it and largely depends on your management chain. Some departments are headed by seasoned, professional leaders. Other department heads are learning on the job to be good leaders and that hurts the employees they should be nourishing.
Pros
Plenty of growth due to scale of operations
Cons
Some managers are not seasoned enough to foster employee growth
Hostile
Professional Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILApril 5, 2018
My supervisor was hostile to me and many other employees inside and outside my department. The CFO was drowning. They took on too much business to fast. Most managers have no personal life at all.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Call Center that has no opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work is that you don't always know what will happen next. I learned how to resolve the customer's concerns without assistance from the management team. The management team is not cohesive in effectively managing the team. Everyone tells you something different. Policies are changing at a moments notice. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what changes are about to occur. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the customer with the best service and they are happy that you helped them resolve their issue.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
Cons
Short breaks no incentives
I don't really want to write a review.
Oracle Applications Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  BanburyApril 4, 2018
But, if I have to say something, I am forced to leave because there are no career advancement and the salary is shocking, I have not received a pay rise in nearly 3 years and I'm still on the lowest possible wage, 18k a year. I am struggling to live on that amount. House prices are rising faster than I can save.
Unorginized
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 3, 2018
CSC in now DXC - CSC was Very unorganized and uses antiquated software that you must use to do your daily job. The company has no respect for people private lives and only gives raises to the same few people every year. No raises for most individuals doing all the dirty work.
Pros
work from home occasionaly
Cons
low pay, gross working conditions, no direction
Global Contract Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
A good place to work. Helpful co-workers and management. Use cutting-edge technologies. Respect for diversity. Trustworthy management. However, lack of advancement opportunities.
very amazing place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaMarch 27, 2018
Very great company very helpful and very flexible I enjoy working for csc because I get to enjoy many thing specially the customers and the games therefore I would definitely recommend someone to work there
Pros
Lack of employees
Cons
Short breaks
Managed a PeopleSoft Manufacturing Consulting practice.
Manufacturing Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALMarch 26, 2018
I had customers all over the eastern US including Fairchild Semi-conductor, Toyota Motors, Dixie Yarns, and R R Donnelly. Placed PeopleSoft manufacturing consultants to install and upgrade PeopleSoft Manufacturing applications. Traveled weekly to midwest cities including Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Minneapolis.
Pros
Travel and autonomy.
Cons
Had to work in other Representatives territories and had conflicting objectives.
people are great
Service Works Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 26, 2018
this is a wonderful job to work with some exceptional people. the work is great as well, just wished it paid more. Hours are wonderful. I learned all kinds of about small equipment.
Excellent
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2018
It is a good company to work for. Just don't like the hours getting cut off when so called not enough labor or when dr calls off. Otherwise, it is a good company to work for
Pros
lunches, leave when needed
Cons
short hours
Regional Sales Manager eRecording (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 18, 2018
I don't want to review this company because it isn't the company that has issues but some of the leader Ieadership. The only problem that I had was the lack of training.
Pros
on your own
Cons
no training
good
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 14, 2018
Long days of changing and fast pace deliveries. Maintaining 5 to 10 guys a day. Also invoicing orders editing orders for last minute changes and accommodations of the customer
Pros
good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight