CSS Corp Employee Reviews

organized place to work fun place to work I liked the outdoor areas to get awy
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 19, 2018
Managers help their agents learn the information to improve their work and knowledge of the system and enjoy the atmosphere, the company provides a gym and volleyball for breaks, also a good selection in the vending machines
Pros
take good care of employees
Cons
fast paced
Standard call center with less than average supervisors.
Technical Support (AVG AntiVirus Project) (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 22, 2018
CSS is your basic call center. However, only had one likable supervisor. There's a culture that involves not really caring about any sort of improvements and ignoring any sort of requests will hopefully make them disappear.

Was receiving the responsibilities and work load of a team lead within 2 months of employment without any additional compensation. Was then passed over for team lead positions when available but expected to keep same workload.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Bad bosses, horrible schedules, worse pay.
They dont care about their employees
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 24, 2018
Be prepared to take back to back calls and if you are best friends with the management you will have no room to advance.
They use to have a pool table and ping pong but when they moved, they didn't bring them back.
Ping Pong and Pool tables
NOC Technician Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 3, 2018
The job was not stressful or terribly difficult, however there is NO advancement opportunity, and the projects are not long term. My job ended being outsourced to India
Pros
Pool table and Ping Pong
Cons
No 401k Matching, No Advancement, Short term projects
Productive Place to work
Remote Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 24, 2018
I loved it and I will work for them again . I came to work and shook everyone hands . Customers were always satisfied and clients were too . Our numbers were up like they were supposed to be .
Pros
Independent Working
Cons
A fine company to work for, but don't expect the best pay
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 3, 2018
Company is decent and has moderate benefits,
Shared Team Supervisor is a class act, rest of management is blah,
Pay is definitely lower than it should be,
Flexible hours,
Nice coworkers and friendly atmosphere overall,
Fairly laid back environment, as long as you take your calls you're good to go,
Evening and night shifts are very relaxed, not too many calls come in,
If you're in school, or just like having downtime, evening/night shifts are great for that,
No opportunity for real advancement, you can get moved to another department for a little bit more pay, but overall you're not going to become a supervisor or manager very easily.
Pros
flexible hours, nice coworkers, pool table
Cons
low pay, stressful peak time hours, certain projects are garbage (TRE)
work from home
Project Manager / Sr Consultant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 18, 2017
I work from home for last 4 years. Learning is self dependent. No salary hikes. workplace culture is professional. management does bare minimum. get PTO hours but not enough. learned managing multiple clients .
Busy workplace with good coworkers
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 30, 2017
- A typical here at CSS Corp in my position of a Bilingual Customer Service Representative was taking incoming calls about denials on customer's returns in various stores.
- I learned to have good people skills even when they were frustrated with me
- Fixed work schedules may have been asked to have stayed past shift end (very rare)
- Very lenient with dress code and activities done at desk, was able to talk to coworkers
- Fixed hours for most part and keeping professional in dealings with angry customers
- Coworkers were down-to-earth and great!
Pros
Had little downtime to do homework, crossword puzzles, etc.
Cons
No part-time positions at this time
Worst place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2017
Lack of communication mangers never on time. Also the pay is unfair to work at. Never are respectful and dont have no clue of what team work really is.
CSS Corp: great workplace
Bilingual Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 14, 2017
CSS Corp is a really great workplace the environment is friendly and relaxed. The Team leads and supervisors are friendly and available to talk to most of the time especially if you send them an email. The work hours vary on what project you go to. some projects are more competitive than others and its mostly all technical support. They train you accordingly. the work environment is great and the break room and pool room is fantastic. The work schedule and break schedules also vary on the project. some projects have steady schedules other do not. some lunches are 30 mins, and some are one hour. If you are a college student they are pretty good at working with your school schedule and there are a lot of times where there is down time to do homework but that also varies on the project because some of them have back to back calls.
You are provided with a on site gym, - ping pong, pool table and breakroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 3, 2017
It was a relaxed fun place to work just no growth , raises and not good pay , the calls were very brutal and I didn't feel the company cared about us as employees
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough pay no raises and no vacation time
I'd rather not
Bilingual IT Tech Analyst (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 13, 2017
I would rather not place my review in detail for this area, I feel for this particular area, you have already received my feedback. It simply not the worst, but not the best company either.
Answering Service
Inbound Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2017
It was an glorified answering service,,,, which allowed the callers to yell at us, call us names, and we had no recourse ... Not good, that is why I quit
Not a good place to work.
LINUX ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 24, 2017
I would not recommend anybody to work for CSS. There is no advancement in your career. Really no opportunity to move ahead or move up in the business.
Fast pased but easy to work at
Palo Alto Networks Level 2 Technical support (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2017
CSS is a good place to work, it is a very fast paced working environment, but the management is very good and they do anything they can to work with you.
Productive and a fun work place. I enjoyed meeting new people
Chattanooga Seating System (Former Employee) –  TNAugust 14, 2017
The work task was not hard at all very complex. It varied from different positions on a production line. I worked 12 hour swing shifts five to six days a week.
Pros
Free food on breaks, opportunities to stalk to management at anytime
Cons
Short breaks only when they need us to come back to work
busy all day
Tier 3 technical support (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2017
you are in queue from the time you clock in to the time you go home the managers don't really care about anything but their numbers on the performance charts and the pay is lowsy
Pros
free coffee
Cons
poor pay, no chance of advancement
Good starter jobs
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT 84020July 31, 2017
Its a good place to work if you are just starting out or looking to increase your skillsets. Fair beginning wages and incentives are for those who are serious
Pros
Many different accounts to work on
Cons
call center
Great coworkers
BI-LINGUAL HELPDESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 19, 2017
Fun people to work with and learn with. Wished there could have been better management and organization. However, the people where great and will miss working with them.
Pros
Great coffee machine
Cons
No modivation
pass
AVG-CIS / HD / Network Operation Center Triage (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 5, 2017
I do enjoy working for CSS, and they have a friendly environment. However advancement seems non-existant, & I do work that should be paid for at a near $20+ rate for much much lower.