CSS HEALTH

Working at CSS HEALTH: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits

Small organization with much room for growth

Busy environment. The team is interprofessional due to the services provided. The organization provide medication therapy management to various types of clients from across north america. The culture at the work place is very family oriented, meaning they work as a team. They also focus on quality improvement in healthcare.

Productive and Great place to work

Great management and a very fast paced day. Once you get the hang of the system it’s a great work environment. All the leadership wants to see you grow

CSS HEALTH insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Terrible place to work

This place is mean and toxic. They will not support you. The managers there will micromanage you to the point you're even scared to get on the phone. They play favoritism and that will prevent you from ever getting promoted. They let me go for absolutely no reason, what a surprise. If you don't kiss the ring you're done.

Pros

Free lunches but don't refuse lunch or you're fired

Cons

Half hour lunch. Bad atmosphere.

Stress-Free Work Environment, Supportive Management

I have been employed at CSS Health for several years. As a nurse, the work environment is the best I have ever worked in (including non-nursing jobs.) Overall the job is stress-free and all patient contact is over the phone. Management wants you to be successful, they are very supportive and provide you with all the recourses and training needed to be successful.

Excellent company to work for.

I have been with the company for almost two years. I have not once regretted my decision to join this team. I feel that we as employees are treated very fairly, compensated well for our work and our goals are very achievable if you want to achieve them. This company has and is growing very fast as our clients and potential clients are seeing the quality work that we complete. Yes we have goals that we want to reach, but the patient's health and wellbeing is always our number one concern. I have never had a concern with a patient and/ or their medications that was not addressed by my supervisor once I brought it to him. I have enjoyed working here and watching the growth that we have undergone.

Pros

Very friendly staff/ management/ upper management. All very approachable.

Toxic workplace Do not work in the call center

Other departments within the company may be different but DO NOT subject yourself to the culture and management within the call center at this company. It may seem at first that the working environment is friendly but it will quickly change. You are expected to meet and surpass quotas with little regard to quality. In the call center you are on phone with patients and you may think that you are going to help patients but the company does not want that...their only objective is for you to get as many reviews complete as you can. You will be micromanaged by someone who has no healthcare experience who sits on computer watching to make sure everyone is on phone...questioning clinicians about why documentation or speaking to patients takes longer than he expects...even though he has no background in pharmacy. If he doesn’t like you he will make your day to day miserable until you quit or he will find a way to get rid of you.

Cons

Pay, Work environment, Management

Favoritism

This company starts off good and then after you are hired everyone and everything changes. The higher ups promote from within so no outside influences this company changes policy and procedures every day to fit the company’s problems. If you make a mistake your embarrassed and scrutinized by everyone to hear and see. The first time you ever say no to any request you put a target in your back and slowly the knit pick and micromanage till you eventually quit or they fire you . Management does not keep anything confidential all your business is told to all . The turnaround rate is crazy due to management.

Pros

Free lunches at times

Cons

Everything else

A lot of favoritism shown. Expected to learn immediately.

Environment not very friendly. If you’re not liked you will be singled out. Management dug through my garbage and then told me that some of my post it notes needed to be shredded I wasn’t even aware of my error and was told there was going to be a litigation. I was intimidated by supervisors and bullied to the point that I had to quite or I was going to be fired.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Favoritism among management and employees

Below market rate

The pay is bad and the quality of the employees reflects that. I worked here as an intern, and it was a good opportunity to learn how to not do things as a software company.

Official response from CSS HEALTH

May 24, 2019
We're sorry to learn that your time with CSS Health (formerly Clinical Support Services) was not more enjoyable or educational. However, it's important to note that the date of this review (August of 2018) and the supposed job title at the time (Software Engineer Intern) do not align. We have not had an internship program for Software Engineering since 2013.

Productive and fun place to work

Daily quotas to meet it was a very fun and interactive office to work in bounding with staff working on strategies together to surpass quarterly and annual goals.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CSS HEALTH?

clinical support services

i like worker here was a temp job. management nice understanding when you needed time off. no pressure easy going. the staff were very friendly nice people. had free coffee tea beverages. no punching in or out. they said we were adults didn't need to be micro managed. i like this company but was only a temp assisgment.

Pros

easy going nice managers nice workers. no pressure no stress

Cons

wages not good benefits not good.

A growing company that has huge potential

A growing company that has huge potential. Clinical Support Services held its own unique culture that was fueled by its small departments, close quarters and friendly atmosphere. Mangers were level headed and mingled with their co-workers on the daily. It was a fun and fast pace environment, where projects were completed the day a design was created. The most difficult part of the job was discovering and learning what the many layers of the legacy code had in store. After being built on top of since its birth almost ten years prior, it had a lot of unnecessary and outdated dust. With the start-up culture, also came the start-up funding. New computers and software were hard to come by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSS HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits