CVS Health Retail

CVS Health Retail insights

Based on 1,285 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Fair

-lots of pressure -learning experience -not a very fun place to work -i have learned a lot the pay is not the best what i have to do everyday -overall it may not be fun but its better than noting

Pros

somewhat competitive pay

Cons

lot of pressure

Great Opportunities!!!

Awesome chance to work again! I have a birthday in October and it's all good!!! Being part time, hopefully full time is coming soon. CVS is the leader in the pharmacy retail industry and excellency is the standard they bring!

Pros

Great Pay for moderate to fast paced work!

Cons

It is a good place to work if you’re boss is good. CVS usually worries about the customers more than they do their employees. They also underpay.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going home after work. If your store manager is good then the store will do well. Cvs cares way too much about customer satisfaction even if it means you are in the wrong and getting cussed at for no reason.

Meeting new people

Having the chance to help and meet new people. Whenever there was a full staff the coworker were helpful and we were a team. I did t like that they cut the hours so much that you did t even have time to eat or go to the restroom

Stressful environment

During my time at CVS, I was taught how to run the front desk as well as transition to a pharmacy technician role. I was also able to transfer to stores near my college while I was away at school, and to a store near my house. However, these transitions often took a large amount of time to occur and the "raise" I received for becoming a technician was not worth the amount of stress the company puts you under at all. The company is so poorly ran that the environment is constantly uncomfortable and understaffed. Also out of all the managers, only a few were supportive of the staff. The rest were either selfish or practiced favoritism (gave certain employees better tasks and schedules than others). I requested a full-time schedule with holidays off and never received either.

Pros

High possibility of role advancement

Cons

Almost everything

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Cvs shift supervisor

Would not recommend at all. waste of time and energy. You will essentially be a cashier and learn everything on your own because no one is going to help you figure it out. Not because they don't want to but simply because there is a heavy workload and not enough people to stop and train you.

Fine retail job

Worked as cashier / "team member". This is a great job to have while in school, or when you're younger and don't have the experience to get hired elsewhere. It was not a very fulfilling job at all, but if you happen to work at a location with nice people (which I did- retail folks are often pretty easy going, which is helpful) It can be a nice time. depending on your stores location it can be pretty low stress or crazy crazy all the time. Never had a bad manager, but I think they seriously underpaid my manager for the amount of work he put in. You could move up to being a supervisor if you worked long enough, and then probably a manager if you pushed for it. Beyond that I'm not sure how much room there is to move up.

Pros

Easy going, low stress, chit chat with customers

Cons

low pay

Home and work life balance

With limited hours available to schedule employees it is hard to maintain an even balance of home and work life sometimes adding stress to some situation

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Limited hours to write colleagues schedules

Very Low Pay, Flexible hours, Nice Management.

This job is for high school students the pay is below minimum wage. We are very overworked and understaffed. The break times are extremely short, most customers were rude.

Pros

Nice Management, Flexible Hours.

Cons

Very low pay, Short breaks, Understaffed.

Productive, Fun Workplace with great benefits and amazing coworkers

I applied and didn't hear anything back until I got an email. The email asked if I still wanted the job, I accepted and then waited to hear back. A few days later I got an email for an orientation day and time. I went in it took about 2 hours and that was all

Pros

Your coworkers would be super nice

Cons

You only get a 30 min lunch break

Jobs at CVS Health Retail

See more jobs

A terrible company can only get away with so much underneath a great store manager

I was at CVS for 2.5 years, before COVID-19 I loved it. I loved doing the tasks, I loved the regulars I built, and I liked my coworkers. However when COVID hit most definitely in April of 2020 things went downhill. Everyone was stressed with little to no compensation. We were given so much sick time to use, but that doesn’t matter when we can’t even call out because we’re always short staffed because CVS believes running “efficiently” on minimum people. That’s impossible in health retail during these times. We were given bonuses that were majorly taxed and small to begin with, and that was only twice during the whole pandemic. We were promised new hires for front store and pharmacy for COVID help, but none of that happened. We also had to upsell an extension of your extracare card called Carepass during all this and if you didn’t hit your weekly marks, you would get berated and your manager would take this biggest hit. My store manager was great and so were my coworkers, I was the youngest supervisor out of all of them at 23/24, so I will miss them. But only they could do so much to stop me from being completely worn out and taken advantage of.

Pros

Benefits, time and a half

Cons

Overworking, understaffed constantly

Very positive place to work.

Great company to work for and start a career. I would recommend CVS to anyone. The quality of customer service is excellent and they are a health conscious workplace.

Great to learn management but other than that it’s bad

cvs is more of a place to learn management skills supposed to actually growing all around as a individual in the company also for some reason the pay is horrible for this company especially when they start you at part time this was just my experience Im unsure how others feel but this company is only useful for management skills

Pros

20% off store items

Cons

Management, Pay, Hours

Starter job

Honestly is just a starter job for people in school or someone looking for something extra to do. Can be stressful depending on the situation which leads management to expect more productivity out of you when your already doing more than management themselves. Nothing beyond that.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Work load, expectations, management

Time goes by fast Great pay to start off atChances to move up People that work there are easy to get along with.They have great benefits for you..

Personable people and food place to work

The company seams to be very productive and the people are kind and personable. Their is room to work your way up the ladder. The process is pretty lengthy but it was worth the wait. The store manager is a very nice person.

Too much stress for low pay

Not a good company to work for. They'll work you as hard as they can and, should you manage to get the work done, give you more work to do with even fewer pharmacist/technician hours to do it with.

Cons

No breaks due to short staffing, short staffing, stressful

Fun place to work depending on the pharmacy and team

Good place to get your start in the industry. Minimum wage and annual review means little when your raise is pennies per hour. Promotion has a decent wage increase though.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Pay rate

Fast Paced

A fast place environment and you will always be busy. Management was okay but they did their very best to make sure the store was clean and maintained.

Typical retail

Typical fast paced low payroll budget convenience retail. The focus is on customer engagement and doing all that you can for every person who walks through the door. Stick to the tried and trusted operational routines and you'll find yourself managing a successful store.

Pros

Great support from DM, Fast moving work environment

Cons

Tight payroll budgets

Benefits are good, able to control store enviornment

Non hourly employees are expected to be available at all times. There is no separation from home and work. At one point I was even told that if I was off of work and my phone rang, I had to answer it. I was told that if I was asleep that my husband was required to answer my phone and wake me up. There are no boundaries when you are a store manager. Text messaging in group form was mandatory and there were no less than 30 to 40 text everyday. The company cuts payroll to the point that many times the manager will have to work alone for several hours.

Pros

Job security, good benefits

Cons

No personal life, extremely long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health Retail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2K