CVS Health Retail Employee Reviews

Love the people, not so much the unrealistic expectations.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 14, 2018
A typical day begins with at least 12 hours of work to get done and I'm going to have less than 8 hours to do it in. CVS is greatly known for expecting that. Don't forget the store manager breathing down my neck, to get everything done, even when he's told it is unrealistic. No way to get it all done correctly, and really bothers me because I really want to do things right and well. I do learn the numbers breakdowns and all that, but no time to do much more. My particular store is very geared for a large senior demographic and also college crowd, so you need to know how to communicate with and deal with everyone. Not to leave anyone out, I can certainly handle myself with homeless, belligerent, intoxicated, thieves, or just plain rude, out of control people. The part of my job that I do enjoy is the people themselves, Whether it's my coworkers, whom we all enjoy and care about each other like family, or the customers, who I've known for 20 years. The children, I've watched grow up, the families I've seen grow. The tears we've shared, the joys, the laughs.
Nice place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working here. It was fun. I learned how to check expiration dates on products and stock shelves. My co-workers were nice and I had fun. I would like to work here again.
Fast pace environment, providing excellent customer service.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 10, 2018
I have been with CVS Pharmacy for 7 years and it’s been a pleasure, such a great learning experience, working with some of the best Pharmacist in the industry. I have learned how to develop a team and help assist pharmacists in running a multi million dollar corporation. Multi-tasking is a must, while delivering excellent customer service to our patients.
Pros
Free flu shots, one on one training, continuous learning
Cons
Scheduling, cut back on hours, staffing
Cvs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Citronelle, ALSeptember 8, 2018
It was on ok first job. The job was kind of stressful but mostly relaxing. I learned a lot about the retail business and how to have great customer service skills. I left the job basically because my hours got cut to minimum hours.
Pros
very good healthcare, good hours
Cons
low hours
An Average Workplace
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 8, 2018
In my personal experience, working for CVS has been alright. The quality of the store greatly depends on the manager. I have been lucky to find an amazing manager at my most recent store. Other than this I would most likely not work for a CVS store again. They are not a competitive pay workplace. They do have benefits like insurance and discounts, but these are not special or worthwhile. This is a stressful work environment, not a great choice for those who are not used to fast pace workplaces. Overall, CVS is not an employee friendly company on the corporate level. I would not work for them again once I leave.
Pros
discounts, 401k
Cons
healthcare, breakroom, pay, stressful
you can spend 10 years here and gain nothing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNSeptember 7, 2018
this is a job for starting out on. if you want to do a real service to this company, be a pharmacist. they work so hard for such little reward. they make or break a good CVS. They are literally what can help you or kill you, because if a prescription gets messed up, its usually the Pharmacy Techs who find out.
More work given to one person
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 6, 2018
Not enjoyable when the customer "is always right". Even when they know the customer is not being honest. The employee is second rate to the customer. I understand customers are important for a business, but, the employer needs to back their employees. The employees are the ones that make the company work.
overall good place to work. Cons no breaks and low technician hours
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Overall I liked working at CVS. It was well paid and the benefits when I worked full time was good. I would encourage them to add lunch breaks to pharmacist and provide more technician hours
N/a
Loss Prevention Officer / Assist. Store Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Good company to work for if you are just starting out in the work force. Learn how to deal with customer to better your service skills in a customer service base environment.
Fun Fast pace environment
CVS Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 4, 2018
Working for CVS you get a lot of regular customers that come specifically for you, form a bond with these customers and get to know really amazing people. I started off as a cashier and 2 months later i was promoted to shift supervisor. It is a great work environment and everyone is always a team player.
Worst company ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surf City, NCSeptember 2, 2018
Join CVS to be used. You are just a number. They only take....and never give. Then they ask for more and it never stops. Terrible terrible terrible company. One of the worst companies to work for in the US. Its a shame that a fortune 7 company can treat its employees the way it does. Do not work for CVS.
Cons
See review
Not a bad place to work
CVS Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MASeptember 1, 2018
Not given enough training, to be able to do the job at hand let alone be able to grow within the company. They dont give enough hours for any normal adult to live on.
Pros
fleixble schedule
Cons
not enough hours
working with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 29, 2018
Cvs has helped me feel comfortable around others because the staff was really freindly and with that i was able to concentrate on aid the customers the only thing i lacked was doing my duties at a fast paced.
Working as a Manager
Shift Manager/ Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kings Park, NYAugust 29, 2018
Working as a manager is not a good life style in anyway possible, they work you guys like a horse with really no off days and if you do get a off day your superior will call you to try and get you in to work. The benefit are on the better side of things but you really cant use them if your working 7/7 of the days of the week. The Pay is also not the very best
Horrible company to work for
SMIT (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 28, 2018
Cheap company. No continued training. Stores are not staffed correctly. Constantly needing to call other stores for coverage. Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Good health insurance but it’s very costly
Cons
Too many to list
Its Retail.
CVS Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, INAugust 27, 2018
This was a great job. I learned a lot of things that I have used in my other jobs since. The schedule was always a toss up but most times you would work days or nights with occasional mix of both.
Pros
Learning experience available
Cons
Low pay rate.
Convenient Hours
Clerk/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medway, MAAugust 26, 2018
The employees are very friendly and always ready to help each other out. They go out of their way to accommodate you if you need to swap hours. Customer service is a number 1 priority at this store.
very stressful, management is very rude and strict, don't do it
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 24, 2018
This is not a job a human being should have. Being a pharmacist I made enough money but the poor technicians make nothing and get the worst of it all.
Pros
Holiday pay is the only pro
Cons
extremely stressful, understaffed always, cruel management will scold you early and often like a parent would scold a child, you will not get breaks
I'm a hard worker and a fast learner to new things
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2018
I. Love my job regardless what company it is .I give my best at every job I work at I love keeping busy and love customers helping them answering there questions I'm very punctual and never call off unless there is a serious reason I'm always known as a work acholic I have a great bubbly personality and enjoy challenges I'm a fast learner and a people person
Pros
Overtime, and full time shifts
Cons
Shorter breaks
Worst Manager I ever had
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2018
I was fired after almost 3 years because the store manager wanted to start over with a new crew trained solely by her. She used the excuse with corporate to fire me that I had accepted 3 expired coupons. It was from a lady who was a regular that is an extreme coupon person. She would give you a stack of like 30 at a time. OMG 3 out of the 100s were expired!!! SMDH I heard through a coworker that after firing me for such a "loss prevention issue" she was promoted to Loss Prevention within the company. What a crock and what a ladder climber who stepped on my head to get to the next job title. I hope you can sleep at night...
Pros
Culture, products, customer oriented
Cons
Management, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4