CVS Health Retail
49Low
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from CVS Health Retail:

CVS Health Retail Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA99 reviews
Fair
-lots of pressure
-learning experience

-not a very fun place to work

-i have learned a lot the pay is not the best what i have to do everyday

-overall it may not be fun but its better than noting
Pros
somewhat competitive pay
Cons
lot of pressure
Productive but you have to be able to teach yourself
A typical day at work depends on the day you are working there are various task that have to be done each day. I have learned how to scan out of stock merchandise and pharmacy protocols. As a manager, you are not taught so I learned skills by myself since management is always changing. The hardest part of my job is nothing because you have to learn to adapt changes. the most enjoyable part is the employees and customers laughter.
It’s a good job to start off in retail
• Each day of the week you had different tasks.

•The work wasn’t hard u just had so many things to do in such a short period of time.

• you learn how to deal with angry customers,

Fraudulent activity, shoplifters.
Fast pace environment
It is a fast pace environment which pushes you to strive for excellence in order to maintain the image of the corporation for the customers. Managing four to six employees at any given time, as well dealing with customers, taught me to balance responsibilities as well as become authoritative in nature to ensure the accuracy of what was going in at any give time.
Productive but tiring
Hours suck as they cut a lot of peoples hours, including managers. The work can be tiring at times. There is a lot of work to be done. The pay is very pour. Depending on experience, they usually start you off at 9.00 hour in Virginia. No career advancement. To many dumb rules for such a pathetic company to work for. The job is good for a high or college student, not someone trying to make a living.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours cut, no good benifits.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Nice place
Great place to work. The truck days are a lot of work but if you have a good staff then it is fun. I really have no complaints. I miss the people I worked with.
Job that makes the day go by fast
Customer after customer you are assisting at the pick up station and then organizing waiting bins in the down time and producing medication. I heard people were getting paid very low before the tax cut. I got hired for $14.25 but I wish it was at least $16 to be honest since we are required to do many tasks and deal with all sorts of crazy coupon loving/complaining customers. If they don't want to pay us at least 2 dollars higher they should at least provide us with new TECHNOLOGY since their computers systems are always crashing then you have to restart it. Imagine having 10 angry impatient customers in line.
Pros
Nice Pharmacy Manager and General Store Manager
Cons
Breaks go by quick, moderate pay, need more hours, computers always go down
Worst place to work
Don't bother. They only care about staffing the clinics, but don't care about expertise so they put NPs at risk as well as the patients. The caliber of NP has gone way down.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No collaborative support
Not recommended
Pharmacists are rude no break they break the law. Over work!! Lazy Pharmacists.. and they are prideful. They treat the technician bad. I am quit asap
Work place
Great place to work if you like fast paced work & if your a good people person this would be the go to job. Great benefits & management is great. This is a easy job if your a fast learner and have previous cashier experience this would be great for you
Terrible
Every day, customers would trash the store or try to get free products, most of the customers didn't speak English, managers were inconsistent and very rude to me, and I never had a set schedule for my shifts (i.e. one day my shift would be at 6:30 in the morning, the next day I'd be working as late as 11:00 at night and I would almost always have to call or text my boss day after day to make sure when my next shift would be). One of my managers was a good, kindhearted individual and most of my co-workers were friendly, but everyone else from the customers to the majority of the higher-ups were disrespectful, vulgar, rude, and impatient. I was frequently harassed and cursed at by customers for not giving them free stuff or fake discounts, the managers would mock me and acted like I didn't know anything. Never again would I work here, not recommended.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and boss, I was given discounts
Cons
Almost everything else
Worst Management Ever!
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning, stocking, and assisting customers. Overall experience, at CVS Pharmacy was poor due to management. Managers would come and go so often, there was a never a stable schedule nor enough hours given to employees. The workplace culture was toxic, hostile, and very demanding. The mangers would NOT work with my school schedule nor my availability. When I stated I COULD NOT work nights the store manager would still schedule me NIGHTS. The overall staff was great to work with but upper management was demanding and unfair. Not just that, I did not feel safe working nights nor did CVS did their part in protecting their staff.
Cons
Short Breaks, Sometimes no breaks
Overall a good job
Working at CVS as an assistant store manager was a very stressful but rewarding job. I was younger and had my child towards the end of my work time there. Having my child I realized I wanted to be closer to my family so I moved back. It was a hard decision, but the right one. Working a few miles from D.C. was a challenge times with busy traffic and very rude people.
Pros
I advanced quickly
Cons
So far from home and always changing work schedules
Productive and fun workplace
Cvs it’s the best work place to work because flexible hours ..a lot opportunities ..people nice to work ..learn a lot staff about pharmacy and make up ...
Pros
Descounts
Cons
A job that has its advantages and disadvantages
I was with CVS for over 11 years, i enjoyed working there at times but with the scheduling and the hours its hard to have anytime with your family of anytime for yourself.

You will have to work holidays and weekends (on rotation most times)
Fun place to work for and be creative
A great place to work for. Following up on staffing and pharmacy daily. Finishing any left over freight from the night before. Keeping the staff up was the hardest part. Turnover was high due to high school kids applying.
Pros
Freedom to make your descisions
Cons
Very little management staff
Customer Service Oriented
Working at CVS you must be heavily customer service oriented and alert, there are days that are quite normal customers coming in purchase their items and leave then there are days where you see a shoplifter take half your shelf of product and leave the store in a hurry, there are also very angry customer that you need to know how to handle by trying to understand their situation, the company has certain policies in how to handle customers and you need to understand how you should use them. CVS is pretty relaxed if managed correctly.
Pros
Decent Health benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed stores, unstable management
Store Management
• Resumed the responsibilities of a store manager including managing staff, opening and closing the store, counting and balancing register drawers, preparing deposits, verifying deposits, unloading trucks, pushing freight in the store, working behind pharmacy and the top of the store to ring people out and help them find things. Customer service is always a priority.
Non-stressful yet productive workplace
CVS was a great experience for me! It was my first job , so the managers made sure to teach me basic skills that I would need in all work environments. Over the course of my tenure at CVS Health , I was properly paid and received feedback on everything I was doing. Overall , CVS is a great company that provide its employees with many opportunities to grow!
Productive company with good discounts for employees that work with lot of vendors
Used to be a very good company to work for until now, everything has changed. Is no longer a fun place to work especially their sick time benefits. We work very hard but get less paid.
Pros
good 401k
Cons
breaks are too short and not enough sick time for employees
I dont know
So many different people and different personalities.. I've met some really cool and sweet employees and some awesome managers who know how to treat their employees and work side by side with them.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health Retail. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K