CVS Health Retail Employee Reviews

CVS Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 18, 2018
Probably the worst company to work for, lets you know how invaluable you are and it never lets you forget. Oh, need to fill more characters, here we go, this is hands down the worst job. Prolonged, and utter dreadful shifts, filled with too much work on the lower wage employees, while management doesn't do squat.
Pros
Not even free lunches
Cons
Great Opportunities if you can get past the corporate culture
4-Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 18, 2018
Very stressful and sometimes I felt unsupported. For the most part, though there are great opportunities for change and growth. There is always a need for this growing company.
Lack of hours even though I was told I’d have more
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, NJFebruary 14, 2018
Terrible management, clerks did all the work while management sat in the back doing nothing.
Was straight up lied to.
All your work you do gets no rewards.
Great place to work.
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Great place to work, people and management are friendly. just wish it was full time with 40 hours. The pay and hours are good and there is room for advancement too.
Pros
nice employees and management
Cons
wish it was a full time 40 hour week job
Long days
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 13, 2018
Long days and short staffed all the time. Management was out of touch with pharmacy operations. would not recommend working there. can burn you out very quickly.
Stressful but manageable
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 13, 2018
High expectations but I like to be challenged in my work life and CVS offers me that!
I have many opportunities on a daily basis to help others grow and develop their leadership skills and work through difficult situations.
Pros
Good Pay, compensation, vacation
Cons
Cvs is great but some of the leadership is horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I liked my job just not certain things. I think cvs is a great company and is very lenient. I just didn’t like that my hours were getting cut down. When a cashier is starting out they have to lead us and I felt like their leadership was horrible because they get annoyed easily, didn’t have patience, and only taught us certain things when they wanted too. I was a trainer for two years at a warehouse I worked for and I can definitely tell when someone doesn’t want to train someone. You can’t expect a cashier to be great or excellent if you do not care too, not too mention I had to teach myself things thankfully I had experience with working the RF scanners and cash register. It is a great job to work at with people that actually train you right, no job is ever guaranteed so I cannot guarantee you that. I did like meeting people and helping others, I liked that it was self paced and sometimes fast paced.
Bad pay, high stress
Shift supervisor/Rx technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I've worked with the company for 8 yrs and used to love it. Unfortunately while trying to advance with the company I was given many false promises on pay and positions. It seems that while the company was busy expanding (Target and Aetna) , they cut expenses for the heart of their company (their store employees) . Hrs have been cut drastically which puts more work on the employees. The main focus is customer service, but we barely have time to do our job accurately with the amount of work load given and the lack of man hrs. I like the training opportunities and the benefits, but the pay makes it hard to live and the stress alone has taken its toll on my health. Not a "career" job, just something to hold until the next opportunity comes along.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Highly stressful
Pathetic company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 12, 2018
Always short staffed! CVS ONLY concerned with $$ NOT employees! Pay is no where near comparable for how they push their workers. They will work you until you break & then just eventually bring in a new person & start all over. They expect highest performance with very few employees & then you get reprimanded when you can't keep up to their unrealistic expectations. The customers can be extremely rude & mean & you don't usually get the backup from the shift lead. I do not recommend working here!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
To many to list
Horrible job
NP (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 11, 2018
Horrible management
Horrible orientation
Worse employers ever
Company in general is the worst ever
They get every penny’s worth of you and then some.
You spend more time at work than with your family
Not recommended
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 11, 2018
Made more money at my high school job than at CVS. Company only cares about metrics and money. Management doesn't seem to understand that HAPPY employees are what make a company successful.
Tough place
Leas Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Many times going all stations by yourself except for checking RX .Felt like a roller coaster never stopping the worst experience in my 30 years as a pharmacy technician and others felt the same too stressful with the corporate setup .Helped them out till they could get a hired placement and they didn’t seem to be looking
Cons
Too stressful always on a time clock with the computer output
Pharm tech get treated badly at all locations
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTFebruary 11, 2018
Management will paint you roses but all you get is weeds. I am a positive, energetic person. The work environment is negative, disrespectful on either side of counter. Training is disorganized with online, via classrooms and on the job training all over the state with no mileage reimbursement. I was promised full time but never happened because that would mean CVS would have to pay more benefits. Most techs are making $10.10 to $12.50 an hr. Managers like to give 4-6 hour shifts to save $ on breaks/lunches, but underestimate manpower needed in high volume/high traffic times. No room for advancement unless that person leaves that job title. No recognition, reward or team building for good customer service. Extensive prescription metrics leave underperforming pharmacies understaffed. Pharmacists make over $100k but work 12 hr days, make mistakes, and cannot even go to the bathroom. In an 8hr shift, try to take a half hr lunch and [2] 15min breaks, it is frowned upon. Data computer systems are antiquated and cumbersome. Many times, systems went down and could not enter new scripts. The negativity spills out to front of counter with customers that robotically follow CVS procedures. I was so disappointed that the training standards never matched the real job. It is sad to work with individuals who do not want to be there. I worked in 4 locations, all were the same: :(
Pros
30% discount on store brand
Cons
Negative work culture throughout store
Horrible experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 10, 2018
It’s too demanding for the pay, the make you do manager duties for no pay. Manager slacks off while you work. Totally unorganized scheduling. When you express your worries to Human Resources, they actually go behind your back and let the manager know what you said about them. Makes the situation even worse.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
Run
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Worst job I have ever had as an Nurse Practitioner. Management is not supportive and you are pretty much running a one woman/man show. If you are a float in Atlanta, Run now.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
only 30 hours, work every other weekend, benefits suck
Very poor pay and high stress with expectations that are unjust!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Underpaid for the work. High stress a lot of the time because of the fast pace and having to do multiple jobs at once and stores don't have enough employees. Lack of appreciation. If there was higher pay and perks this may make the job worthwhile. Depending where you work the pharmacist expects the techs to almost do their job as well. Training for new hires could be improved as well.
Pros
Helping people
CVS as a Cashier/Clerm
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Unless you’re in high school, or its too late for you to go back to school, it’s NOT worth it. Very low pay, even with higher positions. You don’t get recognition for things you do.
Good place to work nice for a start just didn't work for me because of personal and business
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Love the job just felt different about a lot I would love to recommend people to go work for CVS they have every good hours and work with you with alot in ur life like I said just wasn't for me anymore
Always had at least 1 person less than was needed
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 9, 2018
This was a very hectic place to work. The average prescription filled per day was high. There was always at least 1 person less than was needed to make the job reasonable.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
no integrity in corporate or culture
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 9, 2018
During my tenure working here from my 1st interview, management has lied about compensation and work schedule.Corporate cuts hours and expects the same amount of work to be accomplished. Employee's call in or don't work and not held accountable. High turn over for pharmacist (lots of new grads who need jobs and money) pharmacist do not get lunch breaks and work 13+ hour shifts. High turn over for techs, lowest pay in retail.
Pros
Love my customers
Cons
compensation, nights/weekends, no accountability, no help with work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3