CVS Health Retail Employee Reviews

Really good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Its a really good place to work when they have hours Somehow every year it comes down to budget cuts and how they are always losing hours and cant spread them around for other employees.
Keep on looking
NP (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2019
I had worked here for five years at one of the business locations. You are working by yourself. You have to call for help and support. Hope you know how to use the computer. The management only cares about the number of people you see and how many people you turn away. You walk the store looking for people to see and ask if they are ill.

No support from management or staff from the store. You are it and don't mess up or that is your butt. They cover up for themselves not for you

They would force you to keep your door open all the time. Even when making HIPPA phone calls to a patient about their care or follow up a result of a test.

When you are busy you cannot go on break for lunch if people are waiting and also at the closing time.
Pros
The money was ok.
Cons
No support from management. Only care about the numbers and np has no voice
The worst
Shift Supervisor RX (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2019
This is hands down the worst company I've ever worked for. Management is a joke all the way up the chain, they will do anything they please including break the law and cover for their managers that do.
They tout that they are a health company but don't care enough about work life balance to give you a break long enough to eat/go to the bathroom or take a sick day. This company will shaves the budget off your hours so a manger will work by themselves for the first three hours of their shift and be expected to do the work of three people, then turn around and wonder why there is customer complaints left and right. Hope to god you don't get hired at a 24 hour store with no callouts, they will attempt to force you to manage the store for a triple shift and expect you back for you overnight shift the same day. Worker morale is so low in almost every store.
My advice: Don't take any offer from this company, stay as far away as possible.
Pros
30% store discount benifits
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks, no store budget, godawful management, poor worker morale
Fast paced, under-scheduled environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJanuary 17, 2019
It seems to me that lately CVS is wanting more from their employees with less hours. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I enjoy dealing with the public and helping people with their health and saving them money when I can but it seems that CVS is moving away from letting us have time to serve our customers. A typical day there is non-stop working as fast as you can just to finish the day without completing everything you wanted to. I will say that I don't like a lot of down time while I am working, but I do like being able to have time to help customers with extra needs. My immediate manager is great and her manager is good too, but there doesn't seem to be much power on either of their parts to address staffing issues at the store level. I have learned a lot about the medical field and it has led me to love health sciences and to want to further pursue carriers in the field.
Pros
HSA account, good 401(k) options, holiday pay, easily granted vacation hours, flexible scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, no bonuses, minimal raises
Ok pay but the hours fluctuate.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 17, 2019
Worked for CVS and while I liked my co workers, I was unprepared for my hours to be cut every now and then. The laziest people get more hours. Management doesn’t say anything, there’s no work ethic whatsoever. I went through at least 6 interviews just to cross train as a technician and I have yet to see a pharmacy. Again the pay is okay but what’s the point if you don’t have the hours to match? Advancement in this company is a joke. Idk how people worked for them for years.
Pros
Okay pay, dental and vision
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I like working as a pharmacy tech at cvs , but it is too busy and stressful in our area. Also they dont give us enough hours for work. No full-time position or benefit for part time employees
It was alright,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAJanuary 16, 2019
CVS wasn't a bad experience but it was very dull. Management treated me respectfully and I put my two weeks in when I left. I would work there again without any issues.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow paced
Not what it used to be
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Cvs was one of the best retailers to work for. CVS has developed into the run of the mill retailer. Compensation is above average, but the work/life balance is below average.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Work/life balance
I like it, its new and interesting every day, I like helping people on their path to better health.
Operations Manager RX (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJanuary 13, 2019
It's a great place to work. Discounts are 30% off for CVS brand and 20% off for name brand. The extra bucks program is great. Email coupons for top and frequent customers. Birthday coupons.
Pros
Discounts, team players, fun
Cons
Sometimes very busy and you will have cranky people.
Poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 11, 2019
I've enjoyed working for this company for the most part. I had a medical issue that caused me to go on disability for 4 months and they didnt have the hours to allow me to continue working in the pharmacy. I feel like their corporate structure dictates too much of how the retail stores are run.
Cons
Corporate, poor management
I love this place.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 9, 2019
I’ve been at CVS for years. I don’t know what other states go through but, this is such a great company to work for. I’ve never felt like they didn’t care about their employees! Also they give raises every year in my state!
Pros
Management. Benefits, hours.
Cons
Can be short staffed at times.
Worst place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Don't bother. They only care about staffing the clinics, but don't care about expertise so they put NPs at risk as well as the patients. The caliber of NP has gone way down.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No collaborative support
Good job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 8, 2019
If this is something that you want to do, you have to be willing to give it your all. I love the environment with some people, but you will always have those other people who make it harder for everyone else at the job. I am one of those people that like things done in a certain manner, and it is usually the right way or the better way in my eyes. I do not like disrespect or feeling diminished.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
People
Na
CVS Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Cannot provide a summary at this time. Only worked approximately 2 months. Overall, the hiring process was not extensive. Encouraged to apply because of the opportunities and flexibility in schedule.
Not a fun place to work.
Pharmacist PRN (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 7, 2019
if you want to torture yourself and be paid so so, then this is the company for you! There’s no enjoyment working for this company. You will need to wear running shoes, because that’s what the job requires you to do. I think the company hires fresh, young MBA millennials to run the company because good old common sense is missing. Cut employees hours during flu season...really. Constant changes to the computer system and required training has to be done during work shifts...really. Breaks are impossible to take because there’s no one to cover your breaks. To summarize the company’s culture in a few word...Chinese factory working style. Faster, faster, faster cuz it’s turning red and our numbers are going to be low, and we will be coached for the low numbers and possibly get fired! Real professionals, real healthcare providers, realistic....not one bit with this company.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Every thing about the company
Dependable job
Pharmacy Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Good place to work , however employees are not compensated for the work and responsibilities , there are no incentives or perks that you would expect from a healthcare related company; I.e , discounted gym membership
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Wages
place of growth
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 3, 2019
A enjoyable company to work for, with room to grow as well. Maternity leave is made available to those in the position of full time, and as well very good benefits for part and full time.
Pros
Thirty minute breaks, training available.
Cons
None.
Busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 1, 2019
I liked it its was always busy that what made the day go by fast and interacting with customers, and filling prescription over all I really enjoyed working there
Challenging and opportunity to influence many patients
CVS Pharmacy manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 30, 2018
Make dr calls(15-30)
Make patient adhereance calls(15-30)
Counsel patients
recommend otc medications
fill medications
call dr offices
compound simple medication orders
type rxs
Pros
fast pace and challenging
Cons
no break, tech hours not optimal to carry out tasks optimally
Unfair and uncompassionate
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYDecember 29, 2018
CVS is not the place to work if you want compassion they get mad when you call out sick, or if you have a death in your family got yelled at for calling out.
Pros
Good pay and nice customers
Cons
Cut hours all the time, don't appreciate their employees, and don't care about their well being or their families, and too stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4