CVS Health Retail

United States9,645 reviews

Found 9,645 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,961 reviews
storecashiercustomerphotoretailcustomregistershelf

Fair

-lots of pressure -learning experience -not a very fun place to work -i have learned a lot the pay is not the best what i have to do everyday -overall it may not be fun but its better than noting

Pros

somewhat competitive pay

Cons

lot of pressure

We all get along with each other

Nice place to work co-workers are good with each otherThe benefits are good salary is great. Customers are satisfied with our business and do come back for other services

CVS Health Retail insights

Based on 2,686 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Typical retail pharmacy

Store is constantly under staffed and that creates unsafe and stressful environment. Seem to me that management doesn't care too much about that other than their metrics. I will give them the credit of you do learn something new everyday, so at least that's a plus. Store volume also makes a difference as well, if you work at a busy store, daily task and not enough staff can burn you out very quickly. I would say if you have other opportunity that you can utilize, consider those first.

Great Place to Work

CVS was a great place to work, my manager and supervisors were very easy going and helped me as needed. Most of the work was easy to complete and if you like customer service it can be an easy job.

Not good at all

Its really boring im not sure how it is in bigger stores, but with me being in small store it can get really boring days are really long not much to do. All id do all day is straighten the aisles I already straightened. No way of growing in this company

Energizing environment

Diverse group of people that are supportive of each other. Great support from upper management as well. Willing to week with your schedule to reflect your every day life needs. Great benefits as well

Great place for new graduates

Overall it was a great learning environment. The compensation was fair and get bonuses. The medical benefits are not great. You will learn good time management and own your clinic. The local leadership was very supportive.

Horrible work/life balance and extreme stress

My boss wouldn't post the schedule until about 8 hours before the store opened for the week so there was no way to plan for anything. Extraordinarily rude to both employees and customers. I wasn't trained and was told to bypass various verifications which is incredibly unsafe . I was the only tech working during my second week here and I had no clue what I was doing

Not a good place to work

I was hired and after going through all of the onboarding they told me I denied the job and that I could not start. The higher ups were no help and they stopped responding to me after they told me that my acceptance letter was denied.

Omnicare Delivery

I really liked the streamlined online process of getting hired with Omnicare and how the orientation and training is conducted at the job location. The nature of the work delivering pharmaceutical and medical supplies to clients in long term care facilities is something I find very appealing and a job I can feel good about.

A pleasant to work in

It is a pleasant place to work, fellow workers are helpful, the manager is very cooperative and the work team cooperative, professionals.I live close to the store.

Pros

Cons

No comments

Stay busy

Always have things to do. Especially recently since you fall behind on tasks due to the pandemic. Friendly people to work with, and enjoyable to help customers in finding all kinds of things for their health. All kinds of f/t employee benefits!

meh

I would not recommend CVS. Over worked and understaffed. all the company cares about is money and getting prescriptions out. No work like balance either

Not fun

From fox point,WisconsinThe manager don't know how to communicate with you and put you on a weird mix up schedule without talking to you and there is a coworker who is a snitch and yea everything is unprofessional trust me don't go there.

If you want to work 7 days a week then apply here

Working for this company started off really positive. However, once your assigned a store to manage, everything is left up to you. The only problem is that they give you no payroll for staff. You are constantly working 6 to 7 days a week to fill in the gaps in scheduling. Consistently budgeted for 150-175 hours of payroll when the minimum demand is 196 to run the store with at least two people. There is no hope working here.

Pros

Cons

Work until you die.

horrible

they take advantage of all employees and then fire you when your pay becomes too high. bad company from top to bottomeveryone should take their prescriptions elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

everthing

Understaffed

More and more expectations with less and less tech help. I left because I thought it was dangerous working conditions. Very stressful work environment

Draining

Company expects 60+ hour work weeks and doesn’t help with a work life balance. No support from higher ups and doesn’t have your back with bigger problems

Skeleton Crew, overworked and underpaid

Nearly everyone who works for CVS hates it besides corporate employees (and maybe some of them too). CVS believes in investing in as little labor as humanly possible to run a a high volume store. They stack needless work activities (auto cycle counts, auto quick picks) onto your basic workload (stocking, customer service). Those activities just deter you from ever getting ahead or caught up. Their pay is minimal at best starting at minimum wage and they will pay new employees at higher rates than dedicated seasoned ones (a new hire at my position was paid a dollar more than what it took me 5 years of raises to earn). They simply don't care about people /colleagues. It shows in nearly every thing they do. Their District Leaders barely visit stores and collect fat bonuses for metrics inuding Care pass signups (you as the colleague get $4 per signups but they get a $5,000 bonus if they meet their District Goal, riding the coattails of your salesmanship).

Fast paced and overworked

Absolutely love my job, but we need more techs in all the districts. Corporate doesn’t give some stores enough hours. It takes a long time to find a DL that sees potential in an employees and try to build them up. If I had more of an open schedule, I would have been Lead Pharmacy Tech but kids and school can get in the way

The tests and tour were very organized.

I only had the one interview and then I had to take two exams. The a tour of the operations. On 9/12/22 I trained with another employee on a delivery to West Branch, MI. It was an 81/2 hour trip.

Common questions about CVS Health Retail

Answered by current and former employees at CVS Health Retail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health Retail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits